Skip to content

Who is going to Vegas with Me if we win the Super Bowl

The Browns Board
40 14 859 1
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    A bit of a crazy thread, admittedly, but:

      I  made a bet when I was in Las Vegas in February past.....BCV (before Corona Virus).   I  put  9 bucks down at the Orleans  Casino on the Browns to win the Super Bowl. 

    If we WIN......my 9 bucks wins me $234.00.   And if we win  I am going to Vegas  to collect and to PARTY  ...even though obviously the winnings would not cover the cost of the trip. 

    Who wants to go?      There are no restrictions on travel in effect now if you go to Vegas,  and I anticipate getting my vaccine before too long.   I can get very cheap accommodations.  Like less than $500 for a week for a 2BR condo. 

    I had a trip scheduled for Northern Calif. in mid January that I am certain to get fucked out of.  Plus one to New Mexico in April...and that state has like THE strictest travel rules right now.  So that trip may get dumped.    But, Vegas could be calling!  Who's up for it if we WIN!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #2

    Oh yes the gambler in you is coming out..... again.

    Actually I hope to hell the BROWNS make it to the big game.  Cleveland and Ohio and beyond would go nuts.  LV will be in Tampa and on CBS, our Florida dawgs will go nuts !

    Oh I'll pass this year.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #3

    You'll be wasting your time... They're not letting anyone in...

  • Oh yes the gambler in you is coming out..... again.

    Actually I hope to hell the BROWNS make it to the big game.  Cleveland and Ohio and beyond would go nuts.  LV will be in Tampa and on CBS, our Florida dawgs will go nuts !

    Oh I'll pass this year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes the gambler in you is coming out..... again.

    Actually I hope to hell the BROWNS make it to the big game.  Cleveland and Ohio and beyond would go nuts.  LV will be in Tampa and on CBS, our Florida dawgs will go nuts !

    Oh I'll pass this year.

    Super-Bowl-LV-logo.jpg

    This was the ONLY bet I have made on football in many years. And only because I was visiting Vegas   in Feb.    (be sure to clarify when you us LV in this thread....it is a thread about  Las Vegas/LV......and SB LV.  

  • You'll be wasting your time... They're not letting anyone in...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @nickers said:

    You'll be wasting your time... They're not letting anyone in...

    I am not talking about going to the game........I am talking about going to Vegas,  and yes, they are letting people in there. 

  • A bit of a crazy thread, admittedly, but:

      I  made a bet when I was in Las Vegas in February past.....BCV (before Corona Virus).   I  put  9 bucks down at the Orleans  Casino on the Browns to win the Super Bowl. 

    If we WIN......my 9 bucks wins me $234.00.   And if we win  I am going to Vegas  to collect and to PARTY  ...even though obviously the winnings would not cover the cost of the trip. 

    Who wants to go?      There are no restrictions on travel in effect now if you go to Vegas,  and I anticipate getting my vaccine before too long.   I can get very cheap accommodations.  Like less than $500 for a week for a 2BR condo. 

    I had a trip scheduled for Northern Calif. in mid January that I am certain to get fucked out of.  Plus one to New Mexico in April...and that state has like THE strictest travel rules right now.  So that trip may get dumped.    But, Vegas could be calling!  Who's up for it if we WIN!

    S Silver slayer wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @the-gipper said:

    A bit of a crazy thread, admittedly, but:

      I  made a bet when I was in Las Vegas in February past.....BCV (before Corona Virus).   I  put  9 bucks down at the Orleans  Casino on the Browns to win the Super Bowl. 

    If we WIN......my 9 bucks wins me $234.00.   And if we win  I am going to Vegas  to collect and to PARTY  ...even though obviously the winnings would not cover the cost of the trip. 

    Who wants to go?      There are no restrictions on travel in effect now if you go to Vegas,  and I anticipate getting my vaccine before too long.   I can get very cheap accommodations.  Like less than $500 for a week for a 2BR condo. 

    I had a trip scheduled for Northern Calif. in mid January that I am certain to get fucked out of.  Plus one to New Mexico in April...and that state has like THE strictest travel rules right now.  So that trip may get dumped.    But, Vegas could be calling!  Who's up for it if we WIN!

    Screenshot_20201223-193534_Calendar.jpg

  • S Silver slayer wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Don't twist my arm to make a Vegas trip 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I have been going to Las Vegas for years.  I am not known when I walk in a casino, but I am known well enough I get hotel and flight offers all the time.  The last one was 3 nights at Paris for $35 a night.  If I go, I'll skip the condo and just stay on the strip.

    I have stayed at Paris many times.  I like the hotel.  It is connected with Bally's next door.  Between the two, I have all the shows, casino and dining options I need. The last couple of trips, we never ventured outside the two properties.  Well, I didn't.  My wife ventured out across the street to the Venetian and Caesars to shop some of the stores one afternoon. 

  • I have been going to Las Vegas for years.  I am not known when I walk in a casino, but I am known well enough I get hotel and flight offers all the time.  The last one was 3 nights at Paris for $35 a night.  If I go, I'll skip the condo and just stay on the strip.

    I have stayed at Paris many times.  I like the hotel.  It is connected with Bally's next door.  Between the two, I have all the shows, casino and dining options I need. The last couple of trips, we never ventured outside the two properties.  Well, I didn't.  My wife ventured out across the street to the Venetian and Caesars to shop some of the stores one afternoon. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @ballpeen said:

    I have stayed at Paris many times.  I like the hotel.  It is connected with Bally's next door.  Between the two, I have all the shows, casino and dining options I need. The last couple of trips, we never ventured outside the two properties.  Well, I didn't.  My wife ventured out across the street to the Venetian and Caesars to shop some of the stores one afternoon. 

    I think you meant the Bellagio. Venetian is on your side further down the strip towards downtown.

  • I have been going to Las Vegas for years.  I am not known when I walk in a casino, but I am known well enough I get hotel and flight offers all the time.  The last one was 3 nights at Paris for $35 a night.  If I go, I'll skip the condo and just stay on the strip.

    I have stayed at Paris many times.  I like the hotel.  It is connected with Bally's next door.  Between the two, I have all the shows, casino and dining options I need. The last couple of trips, we never ventured outside the two properties.  Well, I didn't.  My wife ventured out across the street to the Venetian and Caesars to shop some of the stores one afternoon. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @ballpeen said:

    I have been going to Las Vegas for years.  I am not known when I walk in a casino, but I am known well enough I get hotel and flight offers all the time.  The last one was 3 nights at Paris for $35 a night.  If I go, I'll skip the condo and just stay on the strip.

    I have stayed at Paris many times.  I like the hotel.  It is connected with Bally's next door.  Between the two, I have all the shows, casino and dining options I need. The last couple of trips, we never ventured outside the two properties.  Well, I didn't.  My wife ventured out across the street to the Venetian and Caesars to shop some of the stores one afternoon. 

    The timeshare where I own is right on the Strip.  Polo Towers. You probably know it.  Though, for the price I am talking about that would probably not be the place. 

  • @nickers said:

    You'll be wasting your time... They're not letting anyone in...

    I am not talking about going to the game........I am talking about going to Vegas,  and yes, they are letting people in there. 

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    I am not talking about going to the game........I am talking about going to Vegas,  and yes, they are letting people in there. 

    correct, My daughter just came back from Vegas on Monday. No Shows, No Buffets but there is still gambling.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am not talking about going to the game........I am talking about going to Vegas,  and yes, they are letting people in there. 

    correct, My daughter just came back from Vegas on Monday. No Shows, No Buffets but there is still gambling.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @topdawg31 said:

    correct, My daughter just came back from Vegas on Monday. No Shows, No Buffets but there is still gambling.

    I was never big on Buffets.  The last few times I partook of a buffet I was sick afterwards.  I prefer a nice, set meal.  

  • @topdawg31 said:

    correct, My daughter just came back from Vegas on Monday. No Shows, No Buffets but there is still gambling.

    I was never big on Buffets.  The last few times I partook of a buffet I was sick afterwards.  I prefer a nice, set meal.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    I was never big on Buffets.  The last few times I partook of a buffet I was sick afterwards.  I prefer a nice, set meal.  

    You haven't lived until you go to a buffet on a Friday night around 6 at the first of the month. 

    I was dragged to one on Arlington Rd a few years ago in that exact scenario. It was like The People Of Walmart website was having auditions. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I was never big on Buffets.  The last few times I partook of a buffet I was sick afterwards.  I prefer a nice, set meal.  

    You haven't lived until you go to a buffet on a Friday night around 6 at the first of the month. 

    I was dragged to one on Arlington Rd a few years ago in that exact scenario. It was like The People Of Walmart website was having auditions. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    You haven't lived until you go to a buffet on a Friday night around 6 at the first of the month. 

    I was dragged to one on Arlington Rd a few years ago in that exact scenario. It was like The People Of Walmart website was having auditions. 

    I think I know what place you mean.   I think it was called Ryan's.   I went there once.  It was dirty, and the food sucked, no matter how little of it you ate.   No longer there I do not believe. 

    The last place I did go for a buffet was  The Barn in Smithville.  Now, that IS a very good buffet.  It was clean, and the food was good, and it was a reasonable price....but ,because it was good one just has a tendency to gorge oneself.......and you pay the price afterwards.    So, I DO like The Barn, but if I go again, it would be just for a straight meal, not the buffet.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #15

    You old fucks kept partying in early corona and now you're gonna get the vaccine first so you can get back out there. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #16

    Going to Vagas with Gipper to party on $234?

    Hold me back....

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #17

    id go i want to go the circa it just opened last month and looks bad ass

  • id go i want to go the circa it just opened last month and looks bad ass

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @atom said:

    id go i want to go the circa it just opened last month and looks bad ass

    In downtown Vegas on Fremont Street Experience. That might be worth it.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circa_Resort_&_Casino#/media/File:Circa_Resort.jpg

  • @atom said:

    id go i want to go the circa it just opened last month and looks bad ass

    In downtown Vegas on Fremont Street Experience. That might be worth it.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circa_Resort_&_Casino#/media/File:Circa_Resort.jpg

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @texasag1969 said:

    In downtown Vegas on Fremont Street Experience. That might be worth it.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circa_Resort_&_Casino#/media/File:Circa_Resort.jpg

    there are some real cool streams that take all around the casino on youtube

  • You old fucks kept partying in early corona and now you're gonna get the vaccine first so you can get back out there. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mld-woody said:

    You old fucks kept partying in early corona and now you're gonna get the vaccine first so you can get back out there. 

    Yea.  We are real men.  Not like your association of finooks.