Skip to content

STEELER WEEK..... v2.0 ..... and this one is in 2021!

Locked The Browns Board
196 23 4.9k
  • OK, back on topic. Please no more discussion of what constitutes a rivalry please....   

    Mayfield got more good news on Thursday when a report surfaced that Steelers Pro Bowl defenders T.J. Watt and Cam Heyward will sit out the game.

  • OK, back on topic. Please no more discussion of what constitutes a rivalry please....   

    Mayfield got more good news on Thursday when a report surfaced that Steelers Pro Bowl defenders T.J. Watt and Cam Heyward will sit out the game.

    @hoorta said:

    OK, back on topic. Please no more discussion of what constitutes a rivalry please....   

    Mayfield got more good news on Thursday when a report surfaced that Steelers Pro Bowl defenders T.J. Watt and Cam Heyward will sit out the game.

    YES!!!  The more important thing about this “Rivalry” - we are headed to competitive games with these two teams. 
     

    Hearing it may be Tuitt and Alualu as well. No word on their secondary- assuming maybe a pitch count for their top guys.  
     

  • Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts. 

    Towards the end of a season where the Colts were fighting for their playoff lives, he stood up in the middle of a team meeting and told the team that they were going to win the remaining three regular season games, and then win the two playoff games and the Super Bowl. "I am going to keep playing like I always do, and the rest of you are going to give all you have for every single practice and every single game for the rest of the season. And if any of you don't, I will whip your ass. Remember that I said this, because I will." 

    The Browns need a Mike Curtis on their team this week. Losing to the Steelers is not a fucking option. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts. 

    Towards the end of a season where the Colts were fighting for their playoff lives, he stood up in the middle of a team meeting and told the team that they were going to win the remaining three regular season games, and then win the two playoff games and the Super Bowl. "I am going to keep playing like I always do, and the rest of you are going to give all you have for every single practice and every single game for the rest of the season. And if any of you don't, I will whip your ass. Remember that I said this, because I will." 

    The Browns need a Mike Curtis on their team this week. Losing to the Steelers is not a fucking option. 

    We have that guy on the Browns- Jarvis Landry.  🙂   

    Yes, losing to the Steelers 2nd string in a game we have to win would not only be extremely embarrassing, but totally unacceptable.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I told  you very plainly to STOP IT ALREADY-  I DON'T CARE- NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. KEEP IT UP, AND YOU GET A WARNING....  

    YOU JUST HAVE TO GET THE LAST WORD IN. 

  • Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts. 

    Towards the end of a season where the Colts were fighting for their playoff lives, he stood up in the middle of a team meeting and told the team that they were going to win the remaining three regular season games, and then win the two playoff games and the Super Bowl. "I am going to keep playing like I always do, and the rest of you are going to give all you have for every single practice and every single game for the rest of the season. And if any of you don't, I will whip your ass. Remember that I said this, because I will." 

    The Browns need a Mike Curtis on their team this week. Losing to the Steelers is not a fucking option. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts. 

    Towards the end of a season where the Colts were fighting for their playoff lives, he stood up in the middle of a team meeting and told the team that they were going to win the remaining three regular season games, and then win the two playoff games and the Super Bowl. "I am going to keep playing like I always do, and the rest of you are going to give all you have for every single practice and every single game for the rest of the season. And if any of you don't, I will whip your ass. Remember that I said this, because I will." 

    The Browns need a Mike Curtis on their team this week. Losing to the Steelers is not a fucking option. 

    Curtis is not in the HOF......but he was a very good, very tough....and yes, very vocal LB.   

    And yes, the Browns could use a man like Herbert Hoov.......errr, I mean like Mike Curtis again. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts. 

    Towards the end of a season where the Colts were fighting for their playoff lives, he stood up in the middle of a team meeting and told the team that they were going to win the remaining three regular season games, and then win the two playoff games and the Super Bowl. "I am going to keep playing like I always do, and the rest of you are going to give all you have for every single practice and every single game for the rest of the season. And if any of you don't, I will whip your ass. Remember that I said this, because I will." 

    The Browns need a Mike Curtis on their team this week. Losing to the Steelers is not a fucking option. 

    Curtis is not in the HOF......but he was a very good, very tough....and yes, very vocal LB.   

    And yes, the Browns could use a man like Herbert Hoov.......errr, I mean like Mike Curtis again. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Curtis is not in the HOF......but he was a very good, very tough....and yes, very vocal LB.   

    And yes, the Browns could use a man like Herbert Hoov.......errr, I mean like Mike Curtis again. 

    Yeah, you are right. I could have swore the highlight film I watched referred to him as a HOFer... Weird.

    Dude got the nickname 'Mad Dog' honestly. During one game vs the Dolphins, a drunk fan ran onto the field and ran off with the ball.

    Unfortunately for the fan, he ran into the path of Curtis. Mad Dog lit him up.

    "I was at my workplace, and he was interfering with my job" 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Curtis is not in the HOF......but he was a very good, very tough....and yes, very vocal LB.   

    And yes, the Browns could use a man like Herbert Hoov.......errr, I mean like Mike Curtis again. 

    Yeah, you are right. I could have swore the highlight film I watched referred to him as a HOFer... Weird.

    Dude got the nickname 'Mad Dog' honestly. During one game vs the Dolphins, a drunk fan ran onto the field and ran off with the ball.

    Unfortunately for the fan, he ran into the path of Curtis. Mad Dog lit him up.

    "I was at my workplace, and he was interfering with my job" 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, you are right. I could have swore the highlight film I watched referred to him as a HOFer... Weird.

    Dude got the nickname 'Mad Dog' honestly. During one game vs the Dolphins, a drunk fan ran onto the field and ran off with the ball.

    Unfortunately for the fan, he ran into the path of Curtis. Mad Dog lit him up.

    "I was at my workplace, and he was interfering with my job" 

    Of course, we decried it when I think it was James Harrison who went out of his way to do the same to a Browns fan who ran on the field.  

    I kind of think that unless these fans really just got right in the grill of these players....it is the player that interferes with the job of the security guards who are there to deal with that sort of thing.  

  • no denzel ward for this game.

  • no denzel ward for this game.

    @lbc-mike said:

    no denzel ward for this game.

    Fuck me. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Only thing I can figure is Gunz41 is angling for Sainthood...

    Was just about to post that... thanks...

    ... but without the parallax screen effect. 😉

    Wills back is easily the best news of the week... so far.

    C'mon Teller... Daddy needs his OL intact...

    How exactly am I doing that sir?

    By pointing out that the persona being spoken of routinely argues with and insults those who he doesn't agree with? By pointing out that the same persona will certainly try to change an argument from its origin to be correct? That said individual will most certainly value only his view/opinion/theory and question another's intelligence if it doesn't align with his own?  

    I've said it before and let me say it again, and yes take out the people who troll either on a certain subject or in totality, if someone has many arguments back and forth with many other individuals, that shows ME that there is a likelihood that the root of it comes from the common denominator. 

    And if this "sainthood" thing comes from the issue of not insulting or using foul language, well I am certainly not above using bad words, but no I don't see a need to insult people. And to me, I look at using it in these manners as insecure in your position, so I will try and bring you down to my level. That is just my OPINION on how I view it.

    Again, I will say it in a reply not directly towards him. I have ZERO issue with anyone's opinion on this. Have zero with anything that is subjective. But I get tired of seeing people get bashed for having a different opinion on something that doesn't have a definitive answer, and that certainly goes beyond rivals, NFL, football, etc. 

    If it was just left at I disagree then fine. But to continue to tell others they are wrong is another thing. And to say that anyone (including those directly involved in the discussion) are irrelevant is prototypical of being of the opinion that feels "my opinion is the only that matters."

    I'll say one good thing about my pal Gipper. He must have been a great lawyer. He can argue anything, and turn anything that is said (even by himself; even false) as a talking point to bolster his case.

    And heck, I'll even be extra nice with the holidays and say a 2nd positive thing. He could never be viewed as a troll and can be viewed as a super fan

    @gunz41 said:

    How exactly am I doing that sir?

    By pointing out that the persona being spoken of routinely argues with and insults those who he doesn't agree with? By pointing out that the same persona will certainly try to change an argument from its origin to be correct? That said individual will most certainly value only his view/opinion/theory and question another's intelligence if it doesn't align with his own?

    Yes...

    And doing it persistently with the patience of a Saint.

  • Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts. 

    Towards the end of a season where the Colts were fighting for their playoff lives, he stood up in the middle of a team meeting and told the team that they were going to win the remaining three regular season games, and then win the two playoff games and the Super Bowl. "I am going to keep playing like I always do, and the rest of you are going to give all you have for every single practice and every single game for the rest of the season. And if any of you don't, I will whip your ass. Remember that I said this, because I will." 

    The Browns need a Mike Curtis on their team this week. Losing to the Steelers is not a fucking option. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Dude got the nickname 'Mad Dog' honestly. During one game vs the Dolphins, a drunk fan ran onto the field and ran off with the ball.

    Unfortunately for the fan, he ran into the path of Curtis. Mad Dog lit him up. "I was at my workplace, and he was interfering with my job" 

    I thought the latter post was where you were going as I read the first line of your former post.

    I was already picturing Curtis driving Gipper into the turf... 🙂

    One of the few times you've disappointed me...

  • Practice Reports...

    Smith's is the only status change... and it's not for the better.

    image.thumb.png.6c00d38434df6e71f0ca92f57175b1a3.png

    Meanwhile Alualu, DeCasto, Heyward and Tuitt all got in some work. What this means for Sunday is still up in the air.

    image.thumb.png.d480d0a8d107d64e89a8efaf9d7dc146.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Dude got the nickname 'Mad Dog' honestly. During one game vs the Dolphins, a drunk fan ran onto the field and ran off with the ball.

    Unfortunately for the fan, he ran into the path of Curtis. Mad Dog lit him up. "I was at my workplace, and he was interfering with my job" 

    I thought the latter post was where you were going as I read the first line of your former post.

    I was already picturing Curtis driving Gipper into the turf... 🙂

    One of the few times you've disappointed me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I thought the latter post was where you were going as I read the first line of your former post.

    I was already picturing Curtis driving Gipper into the turf... 🙂

    Nope, I would have buried him.   You on the other hand would just run away as usual. 

  • ... and the Injury Updates...

    Our "Out" list is growing...

    image.png.bb115cadabe5c717286ae814facbb457.png

    And the Steeler list.... short as it is...

    image.png.aa94094aa82d09fb9816ff47a0d36108.png

  • Someone needs the difference between running away and choosing not to engage explained to them.  Gunz? 😉

    Also... and I do not know why it took me so long to mention this... overusing boldface for every word adds no weight to any word.

    And, no, Gip... I did not peek... I never do. Just another of those occasional instances when we post simultaneously and yours bypasses the ignore filter.

    I really wish they'd fix that...

    Meanwhile back at the thread....

    Lack of mention of cases in their injury Reports made me curious as to how much PTG has been impacted by Covid. Turns out they've had their share of impact, 13 in all, mostly in November and mostly of the "close contact" variety. However there have been 5 confirmed positives and there are a couple more individuals for whom no classification was released.

    Here's a link to a summary that's a quick scroll thru...

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/gallery/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-james-conner-nfl-2020/

  • Someone needs the difference between running away and choosing not to engage explained to them.  Gunz? 😉

    Also... and I do not know why it took me so long to mention this... overusing boldface for every word adds no weight to any word.

    And, no, Gip... I did not peek... I never do. Just another of those occasional instances when we post simultaneously and yours bypasses the ignore filter.

    I really wish they'd fix that...

    Meanwhile back at the thread....

    Lack of mention of cases in their injury Reports made me curious as to how much PTG has been impacted by Covid. Turns out they've had their share of impact, 13 in all, mostly in November and mostly of the "close contact" variety. However there have been 5 confirmed positives and there are a couple more individuals for whom no classification was released.

    Here's a link to a summary that's a quick scroll thru...

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/gallery/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-james-conner-nfl-2020/

    @tour2ma said:

    Someone needs the difference between running away and choosing not to engage explained to them.  Gunz? 😉

    Also... and I do not know why it took me so long to mention this... overusing boldface for every word adds no weight to any word.

    And, no, Gip... I did not peek... I never do. Just another of those occasional instances when we post simultaneously and yours bypasses the ignore filter.

    I really wish they'd fix that...

    In the words of   Joe Theisman....NO ONE  gives a FLYING FADOODLE  about what you think on this matter. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Someone needs the difference between running away and choosing not to engage explained to them.  Gunz? 😉

    Also... and I do not know why it took me so long to mention this... overusing boldface for every word adds no weight to any word.

    And, no, Gip... I did not peek... I never do. Just another of those occasional instances when we post simultaneously and yours bypasses the ignore filter.

    I really wish they'd fix that...

    In the words of   Joe Theisman....NO ONE  gives a FLYING FADOODLE  about what you think on this matter. 

    @the-gipper said:

    In the words of   Joe Theisman....NO ONE  gives a FLYING FADOODLE  about what you think on this matter.

    Frankly, I do- and I happen to listen to opposing opinions- especially when they come from level headed posters like Gunz and Tour.  

    Bluntly, you've polluted this thread with off topic Ghoolie like ravings trying to prove that your OPINION is the only correct one. So I'm going to delete a bunch of crap, just not tonight. 

    It takes an awful lot to get me pissed off, but you've managed to do it. Take this as your final warning- keep on blustering, and I'll kick you off for a couple of days- and I mean it. FWIW, other posters have PMed me in the past to do exactly that.  

  • No One? I'd like a roll call... 😉

    Meanwhile here's another thought...

    At the rate Covid is chewing up our roster...  I wonder who will end up with the most starters sitting come Sunday?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Some of the older guys on this board might remember Mike Curtis, Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts. 

    Towards the end of a season where the Colts were fighting for their playoff lives, he stood up in the middle of a team meeting and told the team that they were going to win the remaining three regular season games, and then win the two playoff games and the Super Bowl. "I am going to keep playing like I always do, and the rest of you are going to give all you have for every single practice and every single game for the rest of the season. And if any of you don't, I will whip your ass. Remember that I said this, because I will." 

    The Browns need a Mike Curtis on their team this week. Losing to the Steelers is not a fucking option. 

    Curtis is not in the HOF......but he was a very good, very tough....and yes, very vocal LB.   

    And yes, the Browns could use a man like Herbert Hoov.......errr, I mean like Mike Curtis again. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Curtis is not in the HOF......but he was a very good, very tough....and yes, very vocal LB.   

    And yes, the Browns could use a man like Herbert Hoov.......errr, I mean like Mike Curtis again. 

    ShangralaFamilyFun.com - Shangrala's 90/10 Principle!

  • @the-gipper said:

    In the words of   Joe Theisman....NO ONE  gives a FLYING FADOODLE  about what you think on this matter.

    Frankly, I do- and I happen to listen to opposing opinions- especially when they come from level headed posters like Gunz and Tour.  

    Bluntly, you've polluted this thread with off topic Ghoolie like ravings trying to prove that your OPINION is the only correct one. So I'm going to delete a bunch of crap, just not tonight. 

    It takes an awful lot to get me pissed off, but you've managed to do it. Take this as your final warning- keep on blustering, and I'll kick you off for a couple of days- and I mean it. FWIW, other posters have PMed me in the past to do exactly that.  

    @hoorta said:

    Frankly, I do- and I happen to listen to opposing opinions- especially when they come from level headed posters like Gunz and Tour.  

    Bluntly, you've polluted this thread with off topic Ghoolie like ravings trying to prove that your OPINION is the only correct one. So I'm going to delete a bunch of crap, just not tonight. 

    It takes an awful lot to get me pissed off, but you've managed to do it. Take this as your final warning- keep on blustering, and I'll kick you off for a couple of days- and I mean it. FWIW, other posters have PMed me in the past to do exactly that.  

    I'm glad someone mentioned the name before me (even though I alluded to it).

    About the only difference I see in the two is one was trolling and the other just wants others to think they are smarter.

    But just because it has always stuck in my mind, we are talking a person who tells everyone they are wrong, seems to think they are smarter than everyone, but also has said in the past that they didn't know who a player was because they weren't a Brown(I can't remember who, but I believe it was someone Browns had either just signed or many rumors they were going to, and not just a depth guy).

    But apparently that person STILL believes that this back and forth is because of his opinion, and that it everyone else's fault. I just think that someone with an attitude of being better than others needs to be called out every now and then.

    But don't worry fellas, he IS the smartest guy on here. He can get all the answers for any question he asks from Google. But don't forget, if you don't answer for ANY reason you aren't smart enough. He is the only one who can answer them all, even if for some reason his question is flawed, YOU are wrong. 

    And please gentlemen don't possibly misunderstand, if something is on official records that obviously doesn't make it a fact, because someone will argue that he doesn't agree so it isn't a fact.