Skip to content

STEELER WEEK..... v2.0 ..... and this one is in 2021!

Locked The Browns Board
196 23 4.9k
  • I think Gipper is just frustrated over the Browns lousy record against the  Steelers since 1995. And to a lesser extent back in the 70s when they were winning Super Bowls and Cleveland was in the dumpster.  

    Personally, I don't view this upcoming game as a rivalry at all. Pittsburgh is just another team standing in the way of us reaching a goal we haven't reached in a long time- the playoffs.  🙂

  • No Practice reports as yet, but Injury reports have been updated.

    Ours confirms the bad, CoVid news, but on a positive note does "upgrade" Wills to Questionable.

    image.png.d0a896bab4cefb0e053a47ee3e7cd306.png

    Four Questionables now appear in PTG's update.  No starters, but Allen has seen a lot of snaps recently as a hybrid LB. Adeniyi is Watt's backup at LOLB.

    image.png.b19c77b82c9df826dc42f494987e9d38.png

  • I think Gipper is just frustrated over the Browns lousy record against the  Steelers since 1995. And to a lesser extent back in the 70s when they were winning Super Bowls and Cleveland was in the dumpster.  

    Personally, I don't view this upcoming game as a rivalry at all. Pittsburgh is just another team standing in the way of us reaching a goal we haven't reached in a long time- the playoffs.  🙂

    @hoorta said:

    I think Gipper is just frustrated over the Browns lousy record against the  Steelers since 1995.

    FIFY... 😎

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just a few points I'll touch on.

    1. I certainly have a sense of humor, but it also seems that at times people that conduct themselves as you (smarter than everyone and point out minute issues with others posts) need to be pointed out themselves. So again, there IS a BIG difference in saying historically and still. 

    Along those same lines, I don't care one bit if by YOUR opinion it was, is currently, and will always be THE rivalry. But I take issue with you (or anyone for that matter) continuously telling someone they are wrong on something that doesn't have a definitive answer.

    2. You pointing out that it is the game of year in AFCN to deduct your reasoning is asinine. A single game doesn't denote a rivalry for one, and 2 then others point that it is now Balt/Pitt would have more merit since those games have had meaning 

    3. Yes, obviously this game means a lot. But you chose to ignore the other information in that paragraph talking about LAST YEAR. Context really is your friend when trying to argue. So I will reword it for you so maybe you can understand. Back in the 90s and before, did a win/loss over your bitter rival seem to have more meaning than the win and loss last year vs. that same team who you would have us believe is still THE rivalry for both?

    4. Nobody ever said a team can only have ONE rivalry. In fact, most have said the opposite. But you are putting emphasis on THE rivalry. 

    5. And if you don't want to even see a possibility that Cleveland not having a franchise made even a dent in the rivalry then that is just you refusing to explore it. 

    But that really wouldn't surprise me. You take your opinion as the ONLY one that could be correct. Heck, I would bet that if all Steelers were polled and asked and they said Ravens you would say it's just the current players. And if it was done to include fans and they said the same you would come up with some other explanation to explain why your view of it is correct and theirs incorrect

  • ^ Like being hit with a velvet hammer...

    Within the past 48 hours wasn't it claimed that their playing all their starters would be the definitive acknowledgement by PTG as to the stature of the CLE-PTG "rivalry"?

    I seem to remember something like that...

  • Meanwhile back at the thread....

    I think today's practice report is that one team is while the other has (again) closed their facility.

    https://www.nfl.com/news/two-additional-positive-covid-19-tests-force-browns-to-close-facility

  • I think Gipper is just frustrated over the Browns lousy record against the  Steelers since 1995. And to a lesser extent back in the 70s when they were winning Super Bowls and Cleveland was in the dumpster.  

    Personally, I don't view this upcoming game as a rivalry at all. Pittsburgh is just another team standing in the way of us reaching a goal we haven't reached in a long time- the playoffs.  🙂

    @hoorta said:

    I think Gipper is just frustrated over the Browns lousy record against the  Steelers since 1995. And to a lesser extent back in the 70s when they were winning Super Bowls and Cleveland was in the dumpster.  

    Frustration over losing so many games has nothing whatsoever to do with it.  Sure, that is frustrating....why would it not be.  But I am not a fairweather fan.....I believe the rivalry is just as important if we are winning it or losing it. 

    Personally, I don't view this upcoming game as a rivalry at all. Pittsburgh is just another team standing in the way of us reaching a goal we haven't reached in a long time- the playoffs.  🙂

    Why would you be so emotionally detached?  So clinical?   If I were not a fan, I might have that attitude,  because that is the attitude that I essentially have toward teams I am not a fan of.  

    From time to time, when the Browns have been out of things I have taken the approach that I would then like to see   so and so team do well. That can vary from year to year.  I would want X team to win so that they can be shown to have some modicum of success.  I am pretty detached and unemotional...clinical about it.   But that does not work for me with the Browns. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just a few points I'll touch on.

    1. I certainly have a sense of humor, but it also seems that at times people that conduct themselves as you (smarter than everyone and point out minute issues with others posts) need to be pointed out themselves. So again, there IS a BIG difference in saying historically and still. 

    Along those same lines, I don't care one bit if by YOUR opinion it was, is currently, and will always be THE rivalry. But I take issue with you (or anyone for that matter) continuously telling someone they are wrong on something that doesn't have a definitive answer.

    2. You pointing out that it is the game of year in AFCN to deduct your reasoning is asinine. A single game doesn't denote a rivalry for one, and 2 then others point that it is now Balt/Pitt would have more merit since those games have had meaning 

    3. Yes, obviously this game means a lot. But you chose to ignore the other information in that paragraph talking about LAST YEAR. Context really is your friend when trying to argue. So I will reword it for you so maybe you can understand. Back in the 90s and before, did a win/loss over your bitter rival seem to have more meaning than the win and loss last year vs. that same team who you would have us believe is still THE rivalry for both?

    4. Nobody ever said a team can only have ONE rivalry. In fact, most have said the opposite. But you are putting emphasis on THE rivalry. 

    5. And if you don't want to even see a possibility that Cleveland not having a franchise made even a dent in the rivalry then that is just you refusing to explore it. 

    But that really wouldn't surprise me. You take your opinion as the ONLY one that could be correct. Heck, I would bet that if all Steelers were polled and asked and they said Ravens you would say it's just the current players. And if it was done to include fans and they said the same you would come up with some other explanation to explain why your view of it is correct and theirs incorrect

    @gunz41 said:

    Just a few points I'll touch on.

    1. I certainly have a sense of humor, but it also seems that at times people that conduct themselves as you (smarter than everyone and point out minute issues with others posts) need to be pointed out themselves. So again, there IS a BIG difference in saying historically and still. 

    Along those same lines, I don't care one bit if by YOUR opinion it was, is currently, and will always be THE rivalry. But I take issue with you (or anyone for that matter) continuously telling someone they are wrong on something that doesn't have a definitive answer.

    So, we are even....I don't give a flying fuck about YOUR opinion either.  

    2. You pointing out that it is the game of year in AFCN to deduct your reasoning is asinine. A single game doesn't denote a rivalry for one, and 2 then others point that it is now Balt/Pitt would have more merit since those games have had meaning 

    End of the year games that could decide a division title.....as this one should have been....or that decide if a team gets in the playoffs or not  DO have their importance magnified. If you do not see that...why are you following football. 

    3. Yes, obviously this game means a lot. But you chose to ignore the other information in that paragraph talking about LAST YEAR. Context really is your friend when trying to argue. So I will reword it for you so maybe you can understand. Back in the 90s and before, did a win/loss over your bitter rival seem to have more meaning than the win and loss last year vs. that same team who you would have us believe is still THE rivalry for both?

    I will say this so that YOU can understand.....I don't think any one of those games would be more important than the other if the situations were exactly the same....but THIS ONE  THIS YEAR...has more importance NOW....because it is taking place NOW.   I think even you can appreciate the urgency of a NOW situation over one from 25 years ago.  Nothing can change what happened 25 years ago.  The outcome of this coming game has not been decided yet. 

    4. Nobody ever said a team can only have ONE rivalry. In fact, most have said the opposite. But you are putting emphasis on THE rivalry. 

    Yes, teams can have multiple rivalries....but face it....generally ONE of those has more meaning than the others.  Ravens/Bengals/Steelers are all Browns rivals....but the Steelers rivalry is STILL the one that means the most to most Browns fans.   Ohio State has other rivals...but Michigan is still THE rivalry.   We talked about the Florida tri-rivalry.  I suspect that each school  has one of those opponents that they still would rather beat above the others.  I don't know which is which because I am not "invested" in those, but I think they exist. 

    5. And if you don't want to even see a possibility that Cleveland not having a franchise made even a dent in the rivalry then that is just you refusing to explore it. 

    Oh, no, I did not refuse to explore it.  I gave it some thought....and reject it out of hand.   I will only agree that  for the time the Browns were out, yes, a lid was put on it, obviously because no games were played.  BUT,  when they beat us in that first game back 43-0......and then the Browns came back to beat them for only one of their two wins that year....it was back on.  And has been on ever since despite the hammer/nail effect. 

    But that really wouldn't surprise me. You take your opinion as the ONLY one that could be correct.

    No....there are any number of opinions on here that I have taken and have respect for.   Including some of yours on other topics. But you see, we don't argue over those.  We only argue over the ones that we disagree on.  I mean, do you get that?  Out of 100 of your opinions I may agree...and believe you...and others are correct on 98 of those.  But, if there is an opinion we disagree on  you make the bold pronouncement  "you never agree with anyone".  Fuck that shit.  You are just not paying any attention.  I mean, what do you want me to do, powder your tushy ever time you make a key stroke? 

    Heck, I would bet that if all Steelers were polled and asked and they said Ravens you would say it's just the current players. And if it was done to include fans and they said the same you would come up with some other explanation to explain why your view of it is correct and theirs incorrect

    I don't know....I more likely would say:  Fuck them....they are fucking Stupid Steeler fans who don't recognize that the NFL existed before 1970....and I would say they are stupid Ravens fans who forget their own history with bad, greedy owners.  I would not say their opinions were correct or incorrect. I would say they are irrelevant because of how stupid they are overall as a group. 

    Ya follow? 

  • ^ Like being hit with a velvet hammer...

    Within the past 48 hours wasn't it claimed that their playing all their starters would be the definitive acknowledgement by PTG as to the stature of the CLE-PTG "rivalry"?

    I seem to remember something like that...

    @tour2ma said:

    ^ Like being hit with a velvet hammer...

    Within the past 48 hours wasn't it claimed that their playing all their starters would be the definitive acknowledgement by PTG as to the stature of the CLE-PTG "rivalry"?

    I seem to remember something like that...

    It could be.  But them not playing their players says a few things I think:

    A. I think there is a bit of a chickenshit element to it:    They may in fact be afraid of getting their asses kicked even with all their starters playing, and sitting guys gives them an excuse for losing and let's them proclaim some bullshit like "this game was  meaningless to us anyway and that is why we sat guys".

    B. That they are resigned, IMO to only  being able to actually possibly winning a single playoff game, and they want to be ready for that game and not even try to get the #2 seed because they know that if they have to go to Buffalo they are going to get beat like a rented mule.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ^ Like being hit with a velvet hammer...

    Within the past 48 hours wasn't it claimed that their playing all their starters would be the definitive acknowledgement by PTG as to the stature of the CLE-PTG "rivalry"?

    I seem to remember something like that...

    It could be.  But them not playing their players says a few things I think:

    A. I think there is a bit of a chickenshit element to it:    They may in fact be afraid of getting their asses kicked even with all their starters playing, and sitting guys gives them an excuse for losing and let's them proclaim some bullshit like "this game was  meaningless to us anyway and that is why we sat guys".

    B. That they are resigned, IMO to only  being able to actually possibly winning a single playoff game, and they want to be ready for that game and not even try to get the #2 seed because they know that if they have to go to Buffalo they are going to get beat like a rented mule.

    @the-gipper said:

    It could be.  But them not playing their players says a few things I think:

    A. I think there is a bit of a chickenshit element to it:    They may in fact be afraid of getting their asses kicked even with all their starters playing, and sitting guys gives them an excuse for losing and let's them proclaim some bullshit like "this game was  meaningless to us anyway and that is why we sat guys".

    B. That they are resigned, IMO to only  being able to actually possibly winning a single playoff game, and they want to be ready for that game and not even try to get the #2 seed because they know that if they have to go to Buffalo they are going to get beat like a rented mule.

    A: Nah- not getting essential players hurt (especially on defense) is far more important to them than whether they wind up with the the #2 or #3 seed. They're more than willing to concede temporary bragging rights. 

    B: On that we can agree. Should the seedings stand, the Steelers may well not even get past the Ravens. (Rivalry? Did you say RIVALRY? LOL!!!) Should they make it to Buffalo, they're going to get killed- again. Of course we will too, should we get into the playoffs and draw the Bills. Josh Allen is the rarest of birds. He's improved his accuracy by orders of magnitude from his college days. Watching him and the Bills dismantle the Patriots on MNF I couldn't help but think- we're seeing the second coming of a John Elway- with the same arm strength, and far better accuracy. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Just a few points I'll touch on.

    1. I certainly have a sense of humor, but it also seems that at times people that conduct themselves as you (smarter than everyone and point out minute issues with others posts) need to be pointed out themselves. So again, there IS a BIG difference in saying historically and still. 

    Along those same lines, I don't care one bit if by YOUR opinion it was, is currently, and will always be THE rivalry. But I take issue with you (or anyone for that matter) continuously telling someone they are wrong on something that doesn't have a definitive answer.

    So, we are even....I don't give a flying fuck about YOUR opinion either.  

    2. You pointing out that it is the game of year in AFCN to deduct your reasoning is asinine. A single game doesn't denote a rivalry for one, and 2 then others point that it is now Balt/Pitt would have more merit since those games have had meaning 

    End of the year games that could decide a division title.....as this one should have been....or that decide if a team gets in the playoffs or not  DO have their importance magnified. If you do not see that...why are you following football. 

    3. Yes, obviously this game means a lot. But you chose to ignore the other information in that paragraph talking about LAST YEAR. Context really is your friend when trying to argue. So I will reword it for you so maybe you can understand. Back in the 90s and before, did a win/loss over your bitter rival seem to have more meaning than the win and loss last year vs. that same team who you would have us believe is still THE rivalry for both?

    I will say this so that YOU can understand.....I don't think any one of those games would be more important than the other if the situations were exactly the same....but THIS ONE  THIS YEAR...has more importance NOW....because it is taking place NOW.   I think even you can appreciate the urgency of a NOW situation over one from 25 years ago.  Nothing can change what happened 25 years ago.  The outcome of this coming game has not been decided yet. 

    4. Nobody ever said a team can only have ONE rivalry. In fact, most have said the opposite. But you are putting emphasis on THE rivalry. 

    Yes, teams can have multiple rivalries....but face it....generally ONE of those has more meaning than the others.  Ravens/Bengals/Steelers are all Browns rivals....but the Steelers rivalry is STILL the one that means the most to most Browns fans.   Ohio State has other rivals...but Michigan is still THE rivalry.   We talked about the Florida tri-rivalry.  I suspect that each school  has one of those opponents that they still would rather beat above the others.  I don't know which is which because I am not "invested" in those, but I think they exist. 

    5. And if you don't want to even see a possibility that Cleveland not having a franchise made even a dent in the rivalry then that is just you refusing to explore it. 

    Oh, no, I did not refuse to explore it.  I gave it some thought....and reject it out of hand.   I will only agree that  for the time the Browns were out, yes, a lid was put on it, obviously because no games were played.  BUT,  when they beat us in that first game back 43-0......and then the Browns came back to beat them for only one of their two wins that year....it was back on.  And has been on ever since despite the hammer/nail effect. 

    But that really wouldn't surprise me. You take your opinion as the ONLY one that could be correct.

    No....there are any number of opinions on here that I have taken and have respect for.   Including some of yours on other topics. But you see, we don't argue over those.  We only argue over the ones that we disagree on.  I mean, do you get that?  Out of 100 of your opinions I may agree...and believe you...and others are correct on 98 of those.  But, if there is an opinion we disagree on  you make the bold pronouncement  "you never agree with anyone".  Fuck that shit.  You are just not paying any attention.  I mean, what do you want me to do, powder your tushy ever time you make a key stroke? 

    Heck, I would bet that if all Steelers were polled and asked and they said Ravens you would say it's just the current players. And if it was done to include fans and they said the same you would come up with some other explanation to explain why your view of it is correct and theirs incorrect

    I don't know....I more likely would say:  Fuck them....they are fucking Stupid Steeler fans who don't recognize that the NFL existed before 1970....and I would say they are stupid Ravens fans who forget their own history with bad, greedy owners.  I would not say their opinions were correct or incorrect. I would say they are irrelevant because of how stupid they are overall as a group. 

    Ya follow? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Yikes!!!

    Again, maybe some reading comprehension or reasoning may benefit you.

    1. Read what you replied to slowly. My ENTIRE point was that we have differing opinions, it's the fact that you are (and do quite often) telling people that their opinions are wrong. Again, not on something that has a definitive answer, but something that is absolutely subjective. 

    2. Obviously you forgot the point of this conversation. Not ONE person here is denying that this is a HUGE game, the BIGGEST game for Browns, and would have been BIGGEST for BOTH without the loss to Jets.

    That isn't the argument though. The argument is that YOU were using this game to justify your reasoning behind this still being THE rivalry. I'm just pointing out that that reasoning is extremely flawed. Because by using that as the barometer as THE, then THE biggest rivalry can change yearly, and along those same lines Cincinnati was in THE rivalry multiple times in last decade.

    3. Again, not that it should be a surprise but you are moving the proverbial goalposts to fit your argument. When LAST YEAR was the topic, you are changing the subject to this year. But you aren't even comprehending why the discussion to this rivalry topic needs the context of last year. The reason is to eliminate the above bias of meaning from THIS game. So I'll explain the point with statistics. The rivalry felt stronger/more intense (or whatever word best describes it) in 1991 when both were under .500 and missing playoffs compared to last year in the same situation. 

    But news for you, no matter what sport you want to discuss (of the 3 main), with respect to pros, NO rivalry seems as intense. Guys didn't seem then to want to hang around, chat, take pictures, exchange jerseys etc. 

    4. Again, you rejecting the opinion that the time gone effected it is an opinion. There is no quantitative way to prove it. 

    5. All I am saying is that you appear to "fight" with people in a majority of threads. And if it continued to be with the same person or even with people thought of as trolls then it would be a different story. But instead it appears that instead of just stating the reasons you disagree, you usually resort to insults. 

    A perfect example of this is I have seen multiple times (and I'll admit I haven't looked recently) but when you do your trivia thing if people don't participate you have insulted the boards intelligence. You don't seem to account for any other multitude of factors on why they didn't answer, just that they aren't smart enough.

    6. A typical response that I was expecting. Instead of just admitting that you could look at the rivalry different, that Browns fans could look at it differently, or even say that it can be subjective, you again just insult everyone else. Even calling them irrelevant because they differ from you. 

    If that isn't your definition of narcissistic then you must have a different dictionary than me. All that YOU are saying there is that no matter what ANYONE else feels, your view is the only one that matters. 

  • we got in the building to a late practice Wednesday... Covid contact WR group should return on Thursday.. stay tuned

    Image

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yikes!!!

    Again, maybe some reading comprehension or reasoning may benefit you.

    1. Read what you replied to slowly. My ENTIRE point was that we have differing opinions, it's the fact that you are (and do quite often) telling people that their opinions are wrong. Again, not on something that has a definitive answer, but something that is absolutely subjective. 

    2. Obviously you forgot the point of this conversation. Not ONE person here is denying that this is a HUGE game, the BIGGEST game for Browns, and would have been BIGGEST for BOTH without the loss to Jets.

    That isn't the argument though. The argument is that YOU were using this game to justify your reasoning behind this still being THE rivalry. I'm just pointing out that that reasoning is extremely flawed. Because by using that as the barometer as THE, then THE biggest rivalry can change yearly, and along those same lines Cincinnati was in THE rivalry multiple times in last decade.

    3. Again, not that it should be a surprise but you are moving the proverbial goalposts to fit your argument. When LAST YEAR was the topic, you are changing the subject to this year. But you aren't even comprehending why the discussion to this rivalry topic needs the context of last year. The reason is to eliminate the above bias of meaning from THIS game. So I'll explain the point with statistics. The rivalry felt stronger/more intense (or whatever word best describes it) in 1991 when both were under .500 and missing playoffs compared to last year in the same situation. 

    But news for you, no matter what sport you want to discuss (of the 3 main), with respect to pros, NO rivalry seems as intense. Guys didn't seem then to want to hang around, chat, take pictures, exchange jerseys etc. 

    4. Again, you rejecting the opinion that the time gone effected it is an opinion. There is no quantitative way to prove it. 

    5. All I am saying is that you appear to "fight" with people in a majority of threads. And if it continued to be with the same person or even with people thought of as trolls then it would be a different story. But instead it appears that instead of just stating the reasons you disagree, you usually resort to insults. 

    A perfect example of this is I have seen multiple times (and I'll admit I haven't looked recently) but when you do your trivia thing if people don't participate you have insulted the boards intelligence. You don't seem to account for any other multitude of factors on why they didn't answer, just that they aren't smart enough.

    6. A typical response that I was expecting. Instead of just admitting that you could look at the rivalry different, that Browns fans could look at it differently, or even say that it can be subjective, you again just insult everyone else. Even calling them irrelevant because they differ from you. 

    If that isn't your definition of narcissistic then you must have a different dictionary than me. All that YOU are saying there is that no matter what ANYONE else feels, your view is the only one that matters. 

    @gunz41 said:

    Yikes!!!

    Again, maybe some reading comprehension or reasoning may benefit you.

    1. Read what you replied to slowly. My ENTIRE point was that we have differing opinions, it's the fact that you are (and do quite often) telling people that their opinions are wrong. Again, not on something that has a definitive answer, but something that is absolutely subjective. 

    2. Obviously you forgot the point of this conversation. Not ONE person here is denying that this is a HUGE game, the BIGGEST game for Browns, and would have been BIGGEST for BOTH without the loss to Jets.

    That isn't the argument though. The argument is that YOU were using this game to justify your reasoning behind this still being THE rivalry. I'm just pointing out that that reasoning is extremely flawed. Because by using that as the barometer as THE, then THE biggest rivalry can change yearly, and along those same lines Cincinnati was in THE rivalry multiple times in last decade.

    3. Again, not that it should be a surprise but you are moving the proverbial goalposts to fit your argument. When LAST YEAR was the topic, you are changing the subject to this year. But you aren't even comprehending why the discussion to this rivalry topic needs the context of last year. The reason is to eliminate the above bias of meaning from THIS game. So I'll explain the point with statistics. The rivalry felt stronger/more intense (or whatever word best describes it) in 1991 when both were under .500 and missing playoffs compared to last year in the same situation. 

    But news for you, no matter what sport you want to discuss (of the 3 main), with respect to pros, NO rivalry seems as intense. Guys didn't seem then to want to hang around, chat, take pictures, exchange jerseys etc. 

    4. Again, you rejecting the opinion that the time gone effected it is an opinion. There is no quantitative way to prove it. 

    5. All I am saying is that you appear to "fight" with people in a majority of threads. And if it continued to be with the same person or even with people thought of as trolls then it would be a different story. But instead it appears that instead of just stating the reasons you disagree, you usually resort to insults. 

    A perfect example of this is I have seen multiple times (and I'll admit I haven't looked recently) but when you do your trivia thing if people don't participate you have insulted the boards intelligence. You don't seem to account for any other multitude of factors on why they didn't answer, just that they aren't smart enough.

    6. A typical response that I was expecting. Instead of just admitting that you could look at the rivalry different, that Browns fans could look at it differently, or even say that it can be subjective, you again just insult everyone else. Even calling them irrelevant because they differ from you. 

    If that isn't your definition of narcissistic then you must have a different dictionary than me. All that YOU are saying there is that no matter what ANYONE else feels, your view is the only one that matters. 

    Now you’re just boring me and everyone else on the planet and I think that you were Meandering in self congratulation shows more of that you are the narcissist than anyone. 

  • we got in the building to a late practice Wednesday... Covid contact WR group should return on Thursday.. stay tuned

    Image

    Only thing I can figure is Gunz41 is angling for Sainthood...

    @gumby73 said:

    we got in the building to a late practice Wednesday... Covid contact WR group should return on Thursday.. stay tuned

    Was just about to post that... thanks...

    ... but without the parallax screen effect. 😉

    Wills back is easily the best news of the week... so far.

    C'mon Teller... Daddy needs his OL intact...

  • Weather projected to be decent for early January on the Lake...

    image.thumb.png.d0e8e0fded5e9eff76813b3955660a09.png

  • @gunz41 said:

    Yikes!!!

    Again, maybe some reading comprehension or reasoning may benefit you.

    1. Read what you replied to slowly. My ENTIRE point was that we have differing opinions, it's the fact that you are (and do quite often) telling people that their opinions are wrong. Again, not on something that has a definitive answer, but something that is absolutely subjective. 

    2. Obviously you forgot the point of this conversation. Not ONE person here is denying that this is a HUGE game, the BIGGEST game for Browns, and would have been BIGGEST for BOTH without the loss to Jets.

    That isn't the argument though. The argument is that YOU were using this game to justify your reasoning behind this still being THE rivalry. I'm just pointing out that that reasoning is extremely flawed. Because by using that as the barometer as THE, then THE biggest rivalry can change yearly, and along those same lines Cincinnati was in THE rivalry multiple times in last decade.

    3. Again, not that it should be a surprise but you are moving the proverbial goalposts to fit your argument. When LAST YEAR was the topic, you are changing the subject to this year. But you aren't even comprehending why the discussion to this rivalry topic needs the context of last year. The reason is to eliminate the above bias of meaning from THIS game. So I'll explain the point with statistics. The rivalry felt stronger/more intense (or whatever word best describes it) in 1991 when both were under .500 and missing playoffs compared to last year in the same situation. 

    But news for you, no matter what sport you want to discuss (of the 3 main), with respect to pros, NO rivalry seems as intense. Guys didn't seem then to want to hang around, chat, take pictures, exchange jerseys etc. 

    4. Again, you rejecting the opinion that the time gone effected it is an opinion. There is no quantitative way to prove it. 

    5. All I am saying is that you appear to "fight" with people in a majority of threads. And if it continued to be with the same person or even with people thought of as trolls then it would be a different story. But instead it appears that instead of just stating the reasons you disagree, you usually resort to insults. 

    A perfect example of this is I have seen multiple times (and I'll admit I haven't looked recently) but when you do your trivia thing if people don't participate you have insulted the boards intelligence. You don't seem to account for any other multitude of factors on why they didn't answer, just that they aren't smart enough.

    6. A typical response that I was expecting. Instead of just admitting that you could look at the rivalry different, that Browns fans could look at it differently, or even say that it can be subjective, you again just insult everyone else. Even calling them irrelevant because they differ from you. 

    If that isn't your definition of narcissistic then you must have a different dictionary than me. All that YOU are saying there is that no matter what ANYONE else feels, your view is the only one that matters. 

    Now you’re just boring me and everyone else on the planet and I think that you were Meandering in self congratulation shows more of that you are the narcissist than anyone. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Now you’re just boring me and everyone else on the planet and I think that you were Meandering in self congratulation shows more of that you are the narcissist than anyone. 

    Sorry Gipper, actually- you're the one who's boring people. Meandering and spinning.  When I put on my Moderator Hat, I have to be objective, or I at least try to be. Gunz final post is correct. You're arguing for the sake of arguing- trying to prove your OPINION is the only correct one. What constitutes a rivalry certainly can be interpreted through the lens of who has the opinion. 🙂  You can ramble on about the Browns Steelers storied rivalry. Well, Bears and Packers fans might disagree with you on which is more "storied".  

    Before I bowed out of the hopeless task of getting you to realize (or admit)- I pointed out the vast majority of Steeler Fans would currently consider the Ravens a bigger rivalry than the Browns. Historical context doesn't mean squat- except in your mind. That will go double if they play the Ratbirds in the first round- and get beat by them. You're trying- and failing- to prove that in this instance competitive balance over a decade ≠ a rivalry.  

  • Only thing I can figure is Gunz41 is angling for Sainthood...

    @gumby73 said:

    we got in the building to a late practice Wednesday... Covid contact WR group should return on Thursday.. stay tuned

    Was just about to post that... thanks...

    ... but without the parallax screen effect. 😉

    Wills back is easily the best news of the week... so far.

    C'mon Teller... Daddy needs his OL intact...

    @tour2ma said:

    Only thing I can figure is Gunz41 is angling for Sainthood...

    Was just about to post that... thanks...

    ... but without the parallax screen effect. 😉

    Wills back is easily the best news of the week... so far.

    C'mon Teller... Daddy needs his OL intact...

    @hoorta said:

    Sorry Gipper, actually- you're the one who's boring people. Meandering and spinning.  When I put on my Moderator Hat, I have to be objective, or I at least try to be. Gunz final post is correct. You're arguing for the sake of arguing- trying to prove your OPINION is the only correct one. What constitutes a rivalry certainly can be interpreted through the lens of who has the opinion. 🙂  You can ramble on about the Browns Steelers storied rivalry. Well, Bears and Packers fans might disagree with you on which is more "storied".  

    He is doing the same thing only worse, and if you were being objective you would see that ....YOU are NOT being objective...   You are taking his side....because maybe you agree with him.  So, is that how it is on here?  

    Before I bowed out of the hopeless task of getting you to realize (or admit)-

    See...there it is....the admission that I MUST agree with that opinion in order for you to believe it is valid.  

    I pointed out the vast majority of Steeler Fans would currently consider the Ravens a bigger rivalry than the Browns. Historical context doesn't mean squat- except in your mind.

    See  there it is again....you discount my opinions because you don't agree with them.  That is called prejudice.   Well, maybe I discount your opinions as well because I disagree with them.  So we can both play that game. 

    That will go double if they play the Ratbirds in the first round- and get beat by them. You're trying- and failing- to prove that in this instance competitive balance over a decade ≠ a rivalry.  

    And here you are either just lying or completely, absolutely not paying attention to what I said.   I NEVER said that the Steelers and  Ravens didn't have a major rivalry.   READ the words I have typed.  I just said that the Browns/Steelers  is THE most  historical, traditional rivalry that exists in this division.  I also said that right here, right now, this week that the Browns/Steelers rivalry is up front and center because of this important game

    You didn't answer this before, so here is another chance for you.....tell me which of these points you disagree with:

    A.  A team cannot have a rivalry with every team on its schedule.   At most I think a team can have maybe 3 major rivalries.

    B. But....a team CAN have a major rivalry with more than one team:   The Browns/Steelers is a major rivalry.  The Steelers and Ravens can also have a major rivalry.

    C. Among the AFCN rivalries....the Browns/Steeler is the oldest, most historic most traditional  rivalry notwithstanding that it has been hammer and nail lately.   (and can that change soon?)

    D. Just because one....or both teams are down and out over a period of time does not diminish the nature of the rivalry.  It only diminishes the spotlight thrown on that rivalry because the potential stakes involved are not as consequential.

    E. I do not think that just because  2 teams are good at the same time and are in competition for say a conference title necessarily makes that an historic "rivalry".    The Browns/Broncos,  Browns/Giants of yore were, to me, just two good teams competing for a title.    Same as the  Pats/Colts   or Pats/Ravens  or Pats/Steelers (none of which are as major of a rival for the Pats as the Jets are)   or 49ers/Cowboys...and maybe a few others.

    F. The Browns historic rivals are the Steelers.    And yes, they do have rivalries with the Ravens and the Bengals.....because in my view, those two teams are the bastard stepchildren of the Browns for reasons you all know why.

      Tell us how many you disagree with. 

  • Gipper hasn't been this mad since Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore. 

  • Only thing I can figure is Gunz41 is angling for Sainthood...

    @gumby73 said:

    we got in the building to a late practice Wednesday... Covid contact WR group should return on Thursday.. stay tuned

    Was just about to post that... thanks...

    ... but without the parallax screen effect. 😉

    Wills back is easily the best news of the week... so far.

    C'mon Teller... Daddy needs his OL intact...

    @tour2ma said:

    Only thing I can figure is Gunz41 is angling for Sainthood...

    Was just about to post that... thanks...

    ... but without the parallax screen effect. 😉

    Wills back is easily the best news of the week... so far.

    C'mon Teller... Daddy needs his OL intact...

    How exactly am I doing that sir?

    By pointing out that the persona being spoken of routinely argues with and insults those who he doesn't agree with? By pointing out that the same persona will certainly try to change an argument from its origin to be correct? That said individual will most certainly value only his view/opinion/theory and question another's intelligence if it doesn't align with his own?  

    I've said it before and let me say it again, and yes take out the people who troll either on a certain subject or in totality, if someone has many arguments back and forth with many other individuals, that shows ME that there is a likelihood that the root of it comes from the common denominator. 

    And if this "sainthood" thing comes from the issue of not insulting or using foul language, well I am certainly not above using bad words, but no I don't see a need to insult people. And to me, I look at using it in these manners as insecure in your position, so I will try and bring you down to my level. That is just my OPINION on how I view it.

    Again, I will say it in a reply not directly towards him. I have ZERO issue with anyone's opinion on this. Have zero with anything that is subjective. But I get tired of seeing people get bashed for having a different opinion on something that doesn't have a definitive answer, and that certainly goes beyond rivals, NFL, football, etc. 

    If it was just left at I disagree then fine. But to continue to tell others they are wrong is another thing. And to say that anyone (including those directly involved in the discussion) are irrelevant is prototypical of being of the opinion that feels "my opinion is the only that matters."

    I'll say one good thing about my pal Gipper. He must have been a great lawyer. He can argue anything, and turn anything that is said (even by himself; even false) as a talking point to bolster his case.

    And heck, I'll even be extra nice with the holidays and say a 2nd positive thing. He could never be viewed as a troll and can be viewed as a super fan

  • @tour2ma said:

    Only thing I can figure is Gunz41 is angling for Sainthood...

    Was just about to post that... thanks...

    ... but without the parallax screen effect. 😉

    Wills back is easily the best news of the week... so far.

    C'mon Teller... Daddy needs his OL intact...

    How exactly am I doing that sir?

    By pointing out that the persona being spoken of routinely argues with and insults those who he doesn't agree with? By pointing out that the same persona will certainly try to change an argument from its origin to be correct? That said individual will most certainly value only his view/opinion/theory and question another's intelligence if it doesn't align with his own?  

    I've said it before and let me say it again, and yes take out the people who troll either on a certain subject or in totality, if someone has many arguments back and forth with many other individuals, that shows ME that there is a likelihood that the root of it comes from the common denominator. 

    And if this "sainthood" thing comes from the issue of not insulting or using foul language, well I am certainly not above using bad words, but no I don't see a need to insult people. And to me, I look at using it in these manners as insecure in your position, so I will try and bring you down to my level. That is just my OPINION on how I view it.

    Again, I will say it in a reply not directly towards him. I have ZERO issue with anyone's opinion on this. Have zero with anything that is subjective. But I get tired of seeing people get bashed for having a different opinion on something that doesn't have a definitive answer, and that certainly goes beyond rivals, NFL, football, etc. 

    If it was just left at I disagree then fine. But to continue to tell others they are wrong is another thing. And to say that anyone (including those directly involved in the discussion) are irrelevant is prototypical of being of the opinion that feels "my opinion is the only that matters."

    I'll say one good thing about my pal Gipper. He must have been a great lawyer. He can argue anything, and turn anything that is said (even by himself; even false) as a talking point to bolster his case.

    And heck, I'll even be extra nice with the holidays and say a 2nd positive thing. He could never be viewed as a troll and can be viewed as a super fan

    @gunz41 said:

    How exactly am I doing that sir?

    By pointing out that the persona being spoken of routinely argues with and insults those who he doesn't agree with? By pointing out that the same persona will certainly try to change an argument from its origin to be correct? That said individual will most certainly value only his view/opinion/theory and question another's intelligence if it doesn't align with his own?  

    Particularly since none of those are true. 

    I've said it before and let me say it again, and yes take out the people who troll either on a certain subject or in totality, if someone has many arguments back and forth with many other individuals, that shows ME that there is a likelihood that the root of it comes from the common denominator. 

    I never claimed that some of my views were not contrary to what others accept.  In that respect I just mark it down to my being more "enlightened" ?

    And if this "sainthood" thing comes from the issue of not insulting or using foul language, well I am certainly not above using bad words, but no I don't see a need to insult people. And to me, I look at using it in these manners as insecure in your position, so I will try and bring you down to my level. That is just my OPINION on how I view it.

    And I do not believe I insulted you....unless you consider my saying you were boring me insulting. 

    Again, I will say it in a reply not directly towards him. I have ZERO issue with anyone's opinion on this. Have zero with anything that is subjective. But I get tired of seeing people get bashed for having a different opinion on something that doesn't have a definitive answer, and that certainly goes beyond rivals, NFL, football, etc. 

    So....then I assume, that on MY behalf you are tired of seeing me bashed for my different opinion? 

    If it was just left at I disagree then fine. But to continue to tell others they are wrong is another thing. And to say that anyone (including those directly involved in the discussion) are irrelevant is prototypical of being of the opinion that feels "my opinion is the only that matters."

    I don't think I ever said your opinion was wrong....though I may proclaim it to be weak (because I disagree with your premises). .   So, you see, on here I AM the one who is constantly being told that my opinion is wrong.  But my attitude is:  my opinion is my opinion and you just have to deal with it.   If you (the proverbial you)  can't deal with it, then  go ahead and emulate Rumpelstiltskin and screw yourself into the ground....

    I'll say one good thing about my pal Gipper. He must have been a great lawyer. He can argue anything, and turn anything that is said (even by himself; even false) as a talking point to bolster his case.

    And heck, I'll even be extra nice with the holidays and say a 2nd positive thing. He could never be viewed as a troll and can be viewed as a super fan