Skip to content

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
250 35 7.8k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @calfoxwc said:

    What is the "Big Brother" bullshit that Ryan Clark was spewing?  Other than the fact that the Steelers are  13 years older than the Brown.....going back to 1933 vs.  1946....there ain't no big brother relationship  going on.    They each have about the same number of playoff appearances over the many year....maybe 2-3 years difference.   Browns have more championships.  They each have about the same number of Hall of Fame players.  Ownership stability....and lately,   management and coaching stability have been the only things that have allowed the Steelers to gain an edge in the last  yea many years.  

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by

    Kevin Stefanski gave the game ball to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/04/kevin-stefanski-gave-the-game-ball-to-browns-owner-jimmy-haslam/

    Coach Kevin Stefanski thanked the person who made the Browns playoff run possible with the game ball. The Browns coach delivered the ball from Sunday’s win over Pittsburgh to Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam.

    Stefanski made a point of recognizing the ownership in his postgame press conference.

    “Want to make note that I gave a game ball out to Jimmy Haslam in there. Dee (Haslam) and Jimmy and the entire (Haslam and Johnson) family just have been so supportive of this group, and anything we needed in such a unique season, they have been right there,” Stefanski said. “Really organizationally, just thinking about all of the people who have wanted this and wanted to taste this, I am really proud to be a part of this for them – people who have been with the organization for a long time, and they deserve this so I am happy for them.”

  • G00d Morning Winners ! !  ?

    54d354632e71496fbe1eeb3b63422844.jpg?w=1

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/gallery/top-30-photos-from-the-browns-win-over-the-steelers/

    Woke up to the best hangover ever... And I don't care ?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Woke up to the best hangover ever... And I don't care ?

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Pitspuke radio talking heads were saying

    They dont fear anything Baker can do...but they do fear Chubb and his skills.

    Curtis Carpenter

    I wish my dad was still alive to see it. He was a big Brown's fan
    I’m so happy for the entire City of Cleveland and fans around the world but Jimmy D is the one I’m most happy for! Love listening to you every weekend and couldn’t possibly imagine a game without him! Go Browns! God Bless all! Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!
       
     

          
    “and the only thing that’s missing is all of you” wow what a call!
     
     
    and again... Fuk Pittsburgh ! it's about what we do going into Heinz to wreck their F'n season ? 
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

     
     

         

    My goosebumps came in three waves...

  • Kevin Stefanski gave the game ball to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/04/kevin-stefanski-gave-the-game-ball-to-browns-owner-jimmy-haslam/

    Coach Kevin Stefanski thanked the person who made the Browns playoff run possible with the game ball. The Browns coach delivered the ball from Sunday’s win over Pittsburgh to Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam.

    Stefanski made a point of recognizing the ownership in his postgame press conference.

    “Want to make note that I gave a game ball out to Jimmy Haslam in there. Dee (Haslam) and Jimmy and the entire (Haslam and Johnson) family just have been so supportive of this group, and anything we needed in such a unique season, they have been right there,” Stefanski said. “Really organizationally, just thinking about all of the people who have wanted this and wanted to taste this, I am really proud to be a part of this for them – people who have been with the organization for a long time, and they deserve this so I am happy for them.”

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @vambo said:

    Kevin Stefanski gave the game ball to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam

    Now that's what you call a sound career move...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    https://www.brownsnation.com/browns-troll-juju-smith-schuster-with-tiktok-dance-after-win/

    sorry - I keep posting a link, and it's text, until Paste it back in again. Very strange, dammit.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Woke up to the best hangover ever... And I don't care ?

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

  • @gumby73 said:

    Woke up to the best hangover ever... And I don't care ?

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    For some reason I'm having trouble finding j geils band, only got this combo concert.

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_200522.jpg

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    It says the date is 1990.

  • @the-gipper said:

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    It says the date is 1990.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It says the date is 1990.

    That's part of the next column showing number of concerts per year.

    The 1972 is the correct date for the rubber bowl.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    On J Geils  I started a search by venue:: Cleveland Ohio and got a 4 page list to go through, have fun using the above link and go to search.

    This is a great archive site.

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_200522.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_205332.jpg

  • @mjp28 said:

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    This is indeed confusing unless there was a list minute change.  I show song lineups for both August 5 dates.  But maybe you should remember this:

    large_The_Akron_Beacon_Journal_Sun__Jul_16__1972.jpg

  • @vambo said:

    Kevin Stefanski gave the game ball to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam

    Now that's what you call a sound career move...

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Now that's what you call a sound career move...

    I honestly thought Haslam would have spoken for a bit longer. He said a word or two and bounced. I'm sure this game ball was special...but can you IMAGINE what it would be like to get NEXT week's game ball? 

    That's where my imagination is hanging out these days. Knocking those assholes out of the playoffs and catapulting us into the stratosphere of fan mania. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    Offensive rankings

    Defensive rankings

    Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

    Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

  • Offensive rankings

    Defensive rankings

    Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

    Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Surprised in a bad way:          Vernon 39.2   😮 (what?)

    They gotta be kidding ^^ ... Folks pay honest money to these every play scoring geeks... I'll continue to trust my own eyes thank you