Skip to content

Browns schedule next year

The Browns Board
36 14 1.3k 1
  • Schedule?

    The schedule won't be out until May.

    Opponents... AFCN draws the AFCW ?  and the NFCN ? / 🙂 and our finishing matchups are vs. AFCE and AFCS with our draw being @Pats and HOU respectively. 🙂

    Going to be a tough road back to 11-5, but with some added pieces and even more returning ones... there's hope.

    Speaking of hope... I'm hoping a home game coincides with my Covid-delayed, 50-yr., H.S. reunion in September.

    On a brighter note the 1st place Steelers draw BUF and Indy for their matchups. 😁

    @tour2ma said:

    Speaking of hope... I'm hoping a home game coincides with my Covid-delayed, 50-yr., H.S. reunion in September.

    Valley Forge Cheerleading team named Great Lakes Conference champions in  2018

  • Speaking of hope... I'm hoping a home game coincides with my Covid-delayed, 50-yr., H.S. reunion in September.

    Myself and WSS also have our 50th HS reunion in September.  September 11 to be precise.    50 years/20 years. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Browns opponents next year, after things have been decided here.  They play the 3rd place teams in other AFC divisions: 2021

    Some possible opportunities for a decent away tailgate situation.  Away games that fit that in my mind  are  the Chargers game (late in the year?).   Vikings game or Packers game if scheduled mid to late October. Maybe the Chiefs. 

    I will say from personal experience- playing the Chiefs in KC is a great experience. Tailgating second to none, and the fans are generally pretty cool. I may shoot for Green Bay too...  

    @hoorta said:

    I will say from personal experience- playing the Chiefs in KC is a great experience. Tailgating second to none, and the fans are generally pretty cool. I may shoot for Green Bay too...  

    By the way Larry.....We made a bet that I lost to you.  And I still owe you a bottle of wine from that. 

    I am even trying to remember what the bet was over.   Was it something about the draft?  Do you recall?

    If we ever are able to get back together for a tailgate or something I need to pay that bet.   You can tell me what you want if we ever get close to that point. 

  • why in the hell are we not going to vegas 

    @atom said:

    why in the hell are we not going to vegas 

    Save all of the Cleveland fans money ?   But it would be a rockin weekend !

    I guess you will have to get out the flat top and have a great GAMEDAY party in the beautiful ❤️ NW area.

  • why in the hell are we not going to vegas 

    @atom said:

    why in the hell are we not going to vegas 

    Actually,  I may consider going to Vegas for Super Bowl week....regardless.    Depends on some factors.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    Speaking of hope... I'm hoping a home game coincides with my Covid-delayed, 50-yr., H.S. reunion in September.

    Valley Forge Cheerleading team named Great Lakes Conference champions in  2018

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Valley Forge Cheerleading team named Great Lakes Conference champions in  2018

    GLC?

    I'm LEL old school, brah... as in Lake Erie League.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Valley Forge Cheerleading team named Great Lakes Conference champions in  2018

    GLC?

    I'm LEL old school, brah... as in Lake Erie League.

    @tour2ma said:

    GLC?

    I'm LEL old school, brah... as in Lake Erie League.

    Couldn't find any pics that old, lol.

  • @atom said:

    why in the hell are we not going to vegas 

    Actually,  I may consider going to Vegas for Super Bowl week....regardless.    Depends on some factors.  

    @the-gipper said:

    Actually,  I may consider going to Vegas for Super Bowl week....regardless.    Depends on some factors.  

    my kids are flying down there tommorow

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Valley Forge Cheerleading team named Great Lakes Conference champions in  2018

    GLC?

    I'm LEL old school, brah... as in Lake Erie League.

    @tour2ma said:

    GLC?

    I'm LEL old school, brah... as in Lake Erie League.

    Metro League!

    Actually, the Metro League Rides again as  it was reformed as of 2020.   Though, only half of these schools are the same as it was  50 years ago. (Coventry, Norton, Ravenna, Springfield.    Missing are  Ellet, Stow, Tallmadge, Kent Roosevelt). 

    Current members[edit]

    School Nickname Location County Colors[1] Enrollment[a] Middle school Year joined
    Cloverleaf High School Colts Westfield Medina Green, white 675[2] Cloverleaf Middle School 2020
    Coventry High School Comets Coventry Summit Blue, gold 666[3] Coventry Middle School 2020
    Field High School Falcons Brimfield Portage Red, white, black 497[4] Field Middle School 2020
    Norton High School Panthers Norton Summit Red, black, white 872[3] Norton Middle School 2020
    Ravenna High School Ravens Ravenna Portage Blue, white, red 592[4] Brown Middle School 2020
    Springfield High School Spartans Lakemore Summit Red, gray 693[5] Springfield Junior High School 2020
    Streetsboro High School Rockets Streetsboro Portage Blue, gold 616[4] Streetsboro Middle School 2020
    Woodridge High School Bulldogs Peninsula Summit Maroon, silver, white 687[3] Woodridge Middle School 2020
  • Looking forward to SOFI stadium...if this COVID stuff passes 

  • thanks.  we are moving this gives me cities to suggest to the wife.

  • thanks.  we are moving this gives me cities to suggest to the wife.

    @lbc-mike said:

    thanks.  we are moving this gives me cities to suggest to the wife.

    I have a good friend since the late 70s who moved to Vegas around 1984 and has never regretted it. He really knows football and is great at making money against the spread. He also reads those racing forms like a gold miner and never leaves a loser after a day of betting the horses. He's especially good at identifying those long shot "mudders" on rainy days at the track. This year though he has stayed away due to his age in mid-70's and a heart condition. Not taking any COVID chances at all.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    thanks.  we are moving this gives me cities to suggest to the wife.

    I have a good friend since the late 70s who moved to Vegas around 1984 and has never regretted it. He really knows football and is great at making money against the spread. He also reads those racing forms like a gold miner and never leaves a loser after a day of betting the horses. He's especially good at identifying those long shot "mudders" on rainy days at the track. This year though he has stayed away due to his age in mid-70's and a heart condition. Not taking any COVID chances at all.

    @texasag1969 said:

    He's especially good at identifying those long shot "mudders" on rainy days at the track.

    So Vegas is perfect?

    He needed to move to Seattle... 😉

  • thanks.  we are moving this gives me cities to suggest to the wife.

    @lbc-mike said:

    thanks.  we are moving this gives me cities to suggest to the wife.

    You are going to make your living decision based on  where you can go to watch sports?  

    Interesting.  How did you arrive at doing it that way? 

  • lol.  my wife changes her mind daily.  I am looking at early retirement.

  • lol.  my wife changes her mind daily.  I am looking at early retirement.

    @lbc-mike said:

    lol.  my wife changes her mind daily.  I am looking at early retirement.

    Well then, make up her mind for her.  Subtley  of course.    I am also at that point....my wife retires at the end of May. And I have been semi-retired for a couple of years....though I still have my  bi-monthly magistrate job  that I am happy to retain,  so we won't be moving soon, if ever.   Plus,  if we do go elsewhere, that destination may already be at least  75% determined since my daughter and her husband live in San Antonio.   My son's ultimate destination is by no means determined yet, so that is the other  24%.  The other 1% could be my free will....if such a thing exists at all. 

  • it's leaning towards florida as my brother n law is about to retire from the Navy abd they own two houses there.

  • Browns opponents next year, after things have been decided here.  They play the AFCW and the NFCN  and the 3rd place teams in other AFC divisions:

    2021

    Some possible opportunities for a decent away tailgate situation.  Away games that fit that in my mind  are  the Chargers game (late in the year?).   Vikings game or Packers game if scheduled mid to late October. Maybe the Chiefs. 

    Patriots could also work if timing is right.  I will be in New England the end of Sept.    not a huge way away from Foxboro in Connecticut. 

    @the-gipper said:

    My closest game will be...what...Cincinnati?! Jesus this is all bullshit. We played in Jax this year and I was all set to go, but obviously I didn't want to take my dad to a public event (he's old) . Jax is 2 hours away and my best friend lives there. This shit makes me so mad! I really wanted to see my boys play. ?

    On a high note, I could go back to Pittsburgh next year. We haven't beaten them since the night I flew up to Pittsburgh to watch Tim Couch beat their asses. It was magical. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    He's especially good at identifying those long shot "mudders" on rainy days at the track.

    So Vegas is perfect?

    He needed to move to Seattle... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    So Vegas is perfect?

    He needed to move to Seattle... 😉

    The beauty of watching "mudders" in Vegas is you can go in dry and come home dry after a day at multiple tracks of the Big Screens.??

  • @the-gipper said:

    My closest game will be...what...Cincinnati?! Jesus this is all bullshit. We played in Jax this year and I was all set to go, but obviously I didn't want to take my dad to a public event (he's old) . Jax is 2 hours away and my best friend lives there. This shit makes me so mad! I really wanted to see my boys play. ?

    On a high note, I could go back to Pittsburgh next year. We haven't beaten them since the night I flew up to Pittsburgh to watch Tim Couch beat their asses. It was magical. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    My closest game will be...what...Cincinnati?! Jesus this is all bullshit. We played in Jax this year and I was all set to go, but obviously I didn't want to take my dad to a public event (he's old) . Jax is 2 hours away and my best friend lives there. This shit makes me so mad! I really wanted to see my boys play. ?

    On a high note, I could go back to Pittsburgh next year. We haven't beaten them since the night I flew up to Pittsburgh to watch Tim Couch beat their asses. It was magical. 

    You may as well just come up to Cleveland if you would go to Cincinnati.