Skip to content

Week 18: Browns vs Steelers Wild Card Game

The Browns Board
177 30 6.2k
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #78

    ben vs baker .jpg

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Points taken.

    This to me is a superstar game and it’s why you have them.   Myles who hasn’t been right lately shows up big against a guy he does well against.  He’s a game wrecker.  He needs to wreck the Steelers game plan....prevent scoring drives 

    On the other side Chubb...that big run Sunday where he brought Minkah to his knees do it again and again this Sunday night.

    Lastly and for the reasons I mentioned above ...Baker...loose, and free and playing against the odds Baker - showing out and showing up big.  

    Funny thing is, I REALLY want to play against the Chiefs. Isn't that who we'd get if we somehow pulled this out? We're beat to beat them. We can score, play keep away, and we get turnovers. I'm not saying we WOULD beat them, but we're not who they want to see. 

    S Silver slayer wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Funny thing is, I REALLY want to play against the Chiefs. Isn't that who we'd get if we somehow pulled this out? We're beat to beat them. We can score, play keep away, and we get turnovers. I'm not saying we WOULD beat them, but we're not who they want to see. 

    Unless the colts somehow win.

  • @vagitron said:

    I guess you are gonna find out, aren't ya? Ben isn't done. I was almost there before the Colts game and he was unstoppable in the second half. He is limited by our offensive coordinator. If they play like they did second half of the Colts they are making a deep run. The defense is elite and even with a flawed run game (a lot of it is our terrible oc) we have a ton of weapons. 

    ben is on his way out......face it....tooo beat up over the yrs......ehhhhhhh.....no running game.....this just in...you have shjit for a running game....and you will get you ass kicked because of it....can't wait to call your ass out on this.....you may beat the browns and you may even have somewhat of a running game because our lb's suck... but after that...you gunna git you ass hammered...

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @browns52 said:

    ben is on his way out......face it....tooo beat up over the yrs......ehhhhhhh.....no running game.....this just in...you have shjit for a running game....and you will get you ass kicked because of it....can't wait to call your ass out on this.....you may beat the browns and you may even have somewhat of a running game because our lb's suck... but after that...you gunna git you ass hammered...

    Im not going anywhere, like i said with gipper earlier if I'm right i expect you in here eating some crow.  I have never ever hid on this board and i'm not about to start.  I stand behind what i say no matter what I say. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but i'm currently not worried about the steelers.  The virus and injuries are the biggest factors. 

  • Bad news first...

    Hadn't seen it posted yet, but Harrison is OUT.

    image.png.feb7bc9159279a9b213f2af9e62af4dc.png

    PTG's report looks a little more normal, but I did not copy the strange remnants from Sunday's "rest starters" mode.

    Ebron is OUT and JuJu is nicked.

    image.png.eacc5fed09fb32368dc6d3694eb98da6.png

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @tour2ma said:

    Bad news first...

    Hadn't seen it posted yet, but Harrison is OUT.

    image.png.feb7bc9159279a9b213f2af9e62af4dc.png

    PTG's report looks a little more normal, but I did not copy the strange remnants from Sunday's "rest starters" mode.

    Ebron is OUT and JuJu is nicked.

    image.png.eacc5fed09fb32368dc6d3694eb98da6.png

    Juju is 100% playing and i'm 95% sure Ebron is back, with all the shit happening at the capitol and my own day to day dealings i've been out of the loop with who is back and who isn't.  Our biggest return might just be spillane excluding Haden who i believe is missing Sunday no matter what courtesy of covid. The Browns facility is a fucking mess, I'd frankly be completely fine with pushing the game but i doubt the league will. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Points taken.

    This to me is a superstar game and it’s why you have them.   Myles who hasn’t been right lately shows up big against a guy he does well against.  He’s a game wrecker.  He needs to wreck the Steelers game plan....prevent scoring drives 

    On the other side Chubb...that big run Sunday where he brought Minkah to his knees do it again and again this Sunday night.

    Lastly and for the reasons I mentioned above ...Baker...loose, and free and playing against the odds Baker - showing out and showing up big.  

    Funny thing is, I REALLY want to play against the Chiefs. Isn't that who we'd get if we somehow pulled this out? We're beat to beat them. We can score, play keep away, and we get turnovers. I'm not saying we WOULD beat them, but we're not who they want to see. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Funny thing is, I REALLY want to play against the Chiefs. Isn't that who we'd get if we somehow pulled this out? We're beat to beat them. We can score, play keep away, and we get turnovers. I'm not saying we WOULD beat them, but we're not who they want to see. 

    If we go 1-0 after Sunday night- overcoming some of the obstacles- why not. Anything is possible.

    i think we’d play them in that manner and it’s probably the way we should play everyone

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Try to disrupt his throws.

    Forget the house... ^ this...

    The DL can't get there if he's throwing short, so follow his eyes into the passing lanes and go tip drill on his ass.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #83

    @tour2ma said:

    Forget the house... ^ this...

    The DL can't get there if he's throwing short, so follow his eyes into the passing lanes and go tip drill on his ass.

    Have the Coverage match the pressure...which we don’t do a lot.  We don’t really jam WRs a lot because we don’t have the 6’2’’ 210 corners 

    How many WR screens are we going to see caught behind the LOS result in 10+ yard? 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Forget the house... ^ this...

    The DL can't get there if he's throwing short, so follow his eyes into the passing lanes and go tip drill on his ass.

    Have the Coverage match the pressure...which we don’t do a lot.  We don’t really jam WRs a lot because we don’t have the 6’2’’ 210 corners 

    How many WR screens are we going to see caught behind the LOS result in 10+ yard? 

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
    #84

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Have the Coverage match the pressure...which we don’t do a lot.  We don’t really jam WRs a lot because we don’t have the 6’2’’ 210 corners 

    How many WR screens are we going to see caught behind the LOS result in 10+ yard? 

    Well if Ward is out and Kevin Johnson is out and that Jackson kid plays again. Probably 30? 35?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Forget the house... ^ this...

    The DL can't get there if he's throwing short, so follow his eyes into the passing lanes and go tip drill on his ass.

    Have the Coverage match the pressure...which we don’t do a lot.  We don’t really jam WRs a lot because we don’t have the 6’2’’ 210 corners 

    How many WR screens are we going to see caught behind the LOS result in 10+ yard? 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Have the Coverage match the pressure...which we don’t do a lot.  We don’t really jam WRs a lot because we don’t have the 6’2’’ 210 corners 

    How many WR screens are we going to see caught behind the LOS result in 10+ yard? 

    And now no Harrison. Throw us a bone! 

  • @browns52 said:

    ben is on his way out......face it....tooo beat up over the yrs......ehhhhhhh.....no running game.....this just in...you have shjit for a running game....and you will get you ass kicked because of it....can't wait to call your ass out on this.....you may beat the browns and you may even have somewhat of a running game because our lb's suck... but after that...you gunna git you ass hammered...

    Im not going anywhere, like i said with gipper earlier if I'm right i expect you in here eating some crow.  I have never ever hid on this board and i'm not about to start.  I stand behind what i say no matter what I say. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but i'm currently not worried about the steelers.  The virus and injuries are the biggest factors. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @vagitron said:

    Im not going anywhere, like i said with gipper earlier if I'm right i expect you in here eating some crow.  I have never ever hid on this board and i'm not about to start.  I stand behind what i say no matter what I say. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but i'm currently not worried about the steelers.  The virus and injuries are the biggest factors. 

    Eat crow over what?  

    The ONLY possible thing that I would have to eat crow over is if the Steelers go into  Buffalo and win.   And OK, I would have to in that case.    And the crow I will eat is this "Crow".  Andrea Crow:

    Pin on HOTTTT

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #87

    on a positive note:

    "

    Browns Activate B.J. Goodson, Sign Anthony Fabiano

    "

  • S Silver slayer wrote on last edited by
    #88

    "I think they're still the same Browns teams I play every year," Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster said, via the Associated Press' Tom Withers. "I think they're nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don't know. The Browns is the Browns."

    Tom Withers@twithersCLE
    #Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster on rivalry with #Browns:

    "I think they’re still the same Browns teams I play every year. “I think they’re nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don’t know. The Browns is the Browns."
  • "I think they're still the same Browns teams I play every year," Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster said, via the Associated Press' Tom Withers. "I think they're nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don't know. The Browns is the Browns."

    Tom Withers@twithersCLE
    #Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster on rivalry with #Browns:

    "I think they’re still the same Browns teams I play every year. “I think they’re nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don’t know. The Browns is the Browns."
    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @silver-slayer said:

    "I think they're still the same Browns teams I play every year," Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster said, via the Associated Press' Tom Withers. "I think they're nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don't know. The Browns is the Browns."

    Excellent- keep em coming 
     

    Yeah I saw this...ESPN radio personalities were trying to spin it as confidence.  Yeah Okay...why give the defense another reason to hate you. 

  • "I think they're still the same Browns teams I play every year," Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster said, via the Associated Press' Tom Withers. "I think they're nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don't know. The Browns is the Browns."

    Tom Withers@twithersCLE
    #Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster on rivalry with #Browns:

    "I think they’re still the same Browns teams I play every year. “I think they’re nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don’t know. The Browns is the Browns."
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @silver-slayer said:

    "I think they're still the same Browns teams I play every year," Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster said, via the Associated Press' Tom Withers. "I think they're nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don't know. The Browns is the Browns."

    Quoting   Max Kellerman:   " But the Steelers are NOT the same old Steelers.   They can't run the ball.  They don't throw the ball  more than a few yards downfield.  They have no one in their defensive backfield that scares anyone"  

  • @browns52 said:

    ben is on his way out......face it....tooo beat up over the yrs......ehhhhhhh.....no running game.....this just in...you have shjit for a running game....and you will get you ass kicked because of it....can't wait to call your ass out on this.....you may beat the browns and you may even have somewhat of a running game because our lb's suck... but after that...you gunna git you ass hammered...

    Im not going anywhere, like i said with gipper earlier if I'm right i expect you in here eating some crow.  I have never ever hid on this board and i'm not about to start.  I stand behind what i say no matter what I say. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but i'm currently not worried about the steelers.  The virus and injuries are the biggest factors. 

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @vagitron said:

    Im not going anywhere, like i said with gipper earlier if I'm right i expect you in here eating some crow.  I have never ever hid on this board and i'm not about to start.  I stand behind what i say no matter what I say. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but i'm currently not worried about the steelers.  The virus and injuries are the biggest factors. 

    i agree...the crow is not the browns losing....because they will....covid got them....my point is the steelers are going nowhere after this round.....

  • @silver-slayer said:

    "I think they're still the same Browns teams I play every year," Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster said, via the Associated Press' Tom Withers. "I think they're nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don't know. The Browns is the Browns."

    Quoting   Max Kellerman:   " But the Steelers are NOT the same old Steelers.   They can't run the ball.  They don't throw the ball  more than a few yards downfield.  They have no one in their defensive backfield that scares anyone"  

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @the-gipper said:

    Quoting   Max Kellerman:   " But the Steelers are NOT the same old Steelers.   They can't run the ball.  They don't throw the ball  more than a few yards downfield.  They have no one in their defensive backfield that scares anyone"  

    he is the only one looking at the game without looking at the past Look we gonna move on to the next round

  • @vagitron said:

    Im not going anywhere, like i said with gipper earlier if I'm right i expect you in here eating some crow.  I have never ever hid on this board and i'm not about to start.  I stand behind what i say no matter what I say. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but i'm currently not worried about the steelers.  The virus and injuries are the biggest factors. 

    i agree...the crow is not the browns losing....because they will....covid got them....my point is the steelers are going nowhere after this round.....

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @browns52 said:

    i agree...the crow is not the browns losing....because they will....covid got them....my point is the steelers are going nowhere after this round.....

    It's funny that you blame covid but ignore the fucked schedule and covid that set the steelers on a shit path before regathering themselves in the Second half of the Colts game. How does that work exactly? 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Looks like we are resting vets and patched up guys...

    image.thumb.png.1104ae088d70439771275bb626d8285e.png

    PTG is looking healed...

    image.thumb.png.d0fef0ee27a19697863476ca3d4eed32.png

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #95

    And the Injury Reports...

    image.png.fba332db73da8f9de447a379821a03e4.png

    image.png.777568b037a57f56becef1192acbc816.png

  • @the-gipper said:

    Quoting   Max Kellerman:   " But the Steelers are NOT the same old Steelers.   They can't run the ball.  They don't throw the ball  more than a few yards downfield.  They have no one in their defensive backfield that scares anyone"  

    he is the only one looking at the game without looking at the past Look we gonna move on to the next round

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @atom said:

    he is the only one looking at the game without looking at the past Look we gonna move on to the next round

    Well....he looked at the past....the past 5 games where the Steelers lost  4 out of 5 of them. 

  • @browns52 said:

    i agree...the crow is not the browns losing....because they will....covid got them....my point is the steelers are going nowhere after this round.....

    It's funny that you blame covid but ignore the fucked schedule and covid that set the steelers on a shit path before regathering themselves in the Second half of the Colts game. How does that work exactly? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #97

    @vagitron said:

    It's funny that you blame covid but ignore the fucked schedule and covid that set the steelers on a shit path before regathering themselves in the Second half of the Colts game. How does that work exactly? 

    WTF are you talking about?   The Steelers WON all those games wherein they were being shuffled around with their schedule....because the reason they were being shuffled around was because the other team was having fucked up Covid issues. They lost the games they lost on the days they were regularly schedule. 

    Week 12

    Wed., Dec. 2 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens (Heinz Field), 3:40 p.m. ET on NBC

    Final Score: Steelers 19, Ravens 14

    Week 13

    Mon., Dec. 7 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Washington (Heinz Field), 5 p.m. ET on FOX

    Final Score: Washington 23, Steelers 17

    Week 14

    Sun., Dec. 13 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills (Bills Stadium), 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC (Sunday Night Football)

    Final Score: Bills 26, Steelers 15

    Week 15

    Mon., Dec. 21 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals (Paul Brown Stadium), 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN (Monday Night Football)

    Final Score: Bengals 27, Steelers 17

    Week 16

    Sun., Dec. 27 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts (Heinz Field), 1 p.m. ET on CBS

    Final Score: Steelers 28, Colts 24

    Week 17

    Sun., Jan. 3 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns (FirstEnergy Stadium), 1 p.m. ET on CBS

    Final Score: Browns 24, Steelers 22