Draft Order
-
Projected 1st round drafts from CBS, Walter and Drafttek (you can click on the second 16 in the links for Walter and Drafttek). Two have us going after LBs, one a WR.
https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php
https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp
For me the most interesting thing will be what we do in the off-season before the draft. That can change everything in our draft thinking.
-
This is the first year I can remember where I don't know anything about the draft. And I LOVE IT! Hehehehe. Usually I've been checking out the prospects for a month by now.
My heart breaks for Vernon, who played himself into a likely extension with us. We also will have difficulty replacing him in the draft because edge rushers go QUICKLY, and doing it via free agency is expensive and generally a toss up.
My two positions of dire need are linebacker and DE.
-
This is the first year I can remember where I don't know anything about the draft. And I LOVE IT! Hehehehe. Usually I've been checking out the prospects for a month by now.
My heart breaks for Vernon, who played himself into a likely extension with us. We also will have difficulty replacing him in the draft because edge rushers go QUICKLY, and doing it via free agency is expensive and generally a toss up.
My two positions of dire need are linebacker and DE.
This is the first year I can remember where I don't know anything about the draft. And I LOVE IT! Hehehehe. Usually I've been checking out the prospects for a month by now.
My heart breaks for Vernon, who played himself into a likely extension with us. We also will have difficulty replacing him in the draft because edge rushers go QUICKLY, and doing it via free agency is expensive and generally a toss up.
My two positions of dire need are linebacker and DE.
There are more edge rushers and LBs with edge rushing capability this year than true LBs. I was encourage by what I saw from Phillips. And I have not given up on Wilson yet. If he's teachable all that speed can be converted into a true tackler and not a billiard ball with no arms. Someone needs to spend the offseason teaching him form tackling. He often gets there but doesn't wrap up.
-
This is the first year I can remember where I don't know anything about the draft. And I LOVE IT! Hehehehe. Usually I've been checking out the prospects for a month by now.
My heart breaks for Vernon, who played himself into a likely extension with us. We also will have difficulty replacing him in the draft because edge rushers go QUICKLY, and doing it via free agency is expensive and generally a toss up.
My two positions of dire need are linebacker and DE.
There are more edge rushers and LBs with edge rushing capability this year than true LBs. I was encourage by what I saw from Phillips. And I have not given up on Wilson yet. If he's teachable all that speed can be converted into a true tackler and not a billiard ball with no arms. Someone needs to spend the offseason teaching him form tackling. He often gets there but doesn't wrap up.
He often gets there but doesn't
wrap upbreak down.FIFY... Job 1 is get in position. Can't wrap if you are reaching.
His fundamentals are so bad it's hard to believe he started for a premier program. Maybe he was a good enough athlete to get away without them at the DIV 1 level, but no more... game's too fast to do that... especially with his 40 time (4.71 hand timed at Pro Day with a 1.63 10-yd split).
That said his 3-cone wasn't terrible at 7.20, but no one is going to mistake him for Shazier (6.91 3-cone ; 4.38 40-yd with a 1.56 10-yd split).
And for comparison sake... Phillips posted a 4.62 hand-time with a 1.61 10-yd split... but only a 7.38 3-cone.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login