Skip to content

thoughts at halftime

The Browns Board
47 20 3.7k
  • Being a Pirate fan, I feel kinda bad for you guys. That looked awful on all fronts, especially the defense. On the bright side, Quinn was looking better at the end of the half up until the interception.

  • I am not fond of Barton.... The offensive was ok the first series and than turned odd... Brady looked sharp at the short throws... regardless of BE looking well like the same idiot he was last year that int was BQ's fault just deal with it fanboys.

    DA....... I hope its just getting used to gamespeed against competition because he was clipped twice looked like holding on too long. OR HE JUST SUCKS...

    either way we will see. The playcalling offensively was a little odd when he was in and seemed different than when BQ was in, I wonder if they are trying a couple of different styles instead of seeing which guy is a better fit for one.... Its odd.

    I hate prevent defenses... I hate soft secondary coverages.... Hopefully things will get better over the next 4 weeks...

    Braylon....... DA ARGHHHHH and our overall defense....... hopefully the second half is better

  • @clevelandrocks said:

    Yeah he did. Wimbley all over the field though!

    Not doing much. Making excuses for Wimbley isn't necessary.

    @restinpeace said:

    Not doing much. Making excuses for Wimbley isn't necessary.

    Once again, nothing but negativity from you. Sure, we sucked, but that doesn't mean everyone did. Wimbley was everywhere and had great pressure and did some nice job on run plays. I keyed in on him most of the time and he did great.

  • TheJokersWILD said:

    Wimbley still can't get to the quarterback.

    Yeah, but he was all over the field!!!!! 😳

  • Quinn played very well

    DA sucked

    Braylon.... recievers should have an int. stat line...

    Wimbley played well

  • @clevelandrocks said:

    Yeah he did. Wimbley all over the field though!

    Not doing much. Making excuses for Wimbley isn't necessary.

    @restinpeace said:

    Not doing much. Making excuses for Wimbley isn't necessary.

    Your post didn't make sense. Who made an excuse for what? Wimbleys having a hell of a game if u don't think so you haven't been watching closley

  • TheJokersWILD said:

    INT not his fault. Watch the replay's they speak the truth.

    I blame BQ for trusting BE to make plays in those situations. He can't. He will always let the DB win. Quinn has got to learn that Edwards is what he is.

  • @restinpeace said:

    Not doing much. Making excuses for Wimbley isn't necessary.

    Your post didn't make sense. Who made an excuse for what? Wimbleys having a hell of a game if u don't think so you haven't been watching closley

    @clevelandrocks said:

    Your post didn't make sense. Who made an excuse for what? Wimbleys having a hell of a game if u don't think so you haven't been watching closley

    Not impressed. No pass rush and the "hell of a game" comment is just wrong. No, he isn't.

  • davis and ratliff looks good..

  • TheJokersWILD said:

    INT not his fault. Watch the replay's they speak the truth.

    I never said it was, but he gets the stat. He did play better going late into the second qtr and I think he has already won the starting job from Anderson. Anderson looked god awful. I thought your defense would be better but so far it's looking very bad. Mangini needs to get that problem fixed or you guys will be hard pressed to win a game this year. It is only the first preseason game though.

  • davis and ratliff looks good..

    @bigbaddawgjr said:

    davis and ratliff looks good..

    ratliff looked like garbage

  • yeah i posted it then a int came..what happoen in the 1st half i missed it

  • ratliff is garbage, ive been saying it all along, he was 3rd string in NY, and he just underthrew robiskie.....

    quinn looked the best by far

  • I see DA is reminding everyone why his strong army doesn't make him good. was that the fabled cover 2 that he threw into for that int, which counters his entire game. not to mention he made no efforts to pick up the blitzes. not sure if he even saw em coming.

    ya planet orange thats true. DA went 0-2 0 yards and an int.

  • Did not get to see the game. Could not get stream to work. Looking forward to seeing the replay of BQ's int so I can make a judgement on it. Pretty sad though when the teams best QB has a 43 QB rating. But as bad as that is it is allot better than 0.0. Plus I am assuming that DA did not move the ball either. It sounds like the team at least moved the ball with BQ.

    Only one game though. Can't put too much stock into it unless you are one of the people that said the Browns would not win a game this year.

  • the BQ int shouldn't have happened, the pass before was right in BE's hands and he dropped it. then he went back to him, in which case BE was completly manhandled by the DB, BQ probably shouldn't have thrown it to him, but it was just 17 seconds left and 3rd down.

  • the BQ int shouldn't have happened, the pass before was right in BE's hands and he dropped it. then he went back to him, in which case BE was completly manhandled by the DB, BQ probably shouldn't have thrown it to him, but it was just 17 seconds left and 3rd down.

    @alendor said:

    the BQ int shouldn't have happened, the pass before was right in BE's hands and he dropped it. then he went back to him, in which case BE was completly manhandled by the DB, BQ probably shouldn't have thrown it to him, but it was just 17 seconds left and 3rd down.

    I agree. That is putting a lot of trust into Braylon Edwards to make that play, but he did it last year as well.

  • Sounds like the same BE that dropped big passes against Dallas and Baltimore. That is too bad I put him on my fanasty team.

  • I will bet &10000000000000000000000000000.00 ( and i have it) that DA doesnt start the season. they didnt eve give him a second chance. maybe philly could sign him.

  • Mangini doesnt show much during the preseason, so the fact the DA sat most of the game doesn't tell me much. I think he may be protecting DA and his own hand vs MIN. Hopefully he's protecting the defense too, because they look RAC'esque.