Skip to content

Evaluate the QBs

The Browns Board
89 41 7.8k
  • I just keep reading the same thing over and over lol. no completions. so on and so on. Anderson threw two passes and got hit both times. Lets see what happens when Quinn gets hit 100% of the time and lets see him complete passes. Guess this was quinn start and next week well be Andersons start. lets see what he does with the start and go from there.

    @tru-status said:

    I just keep reading the same thing over and over lol. no completions. so on and so on. Anderson threw two passes and got hit both times. Lets see what happens when Quinn gets hit 100% of the time and lets see him complete passes. Guess this was quinn start and next week well be Andersons start. lets see what he does with the start and go from there.

    I've got to say something here. Did you see the INT DA through? He was throwing that ball into double coverage AGAIN before he got hit. Yes, he got hit...while making a dumb throw anyway! Not to mention the fact that he had plenty of time to throw and should have never been hit in the first place. Bottom line is this...DA is NOT the right starting QB for this team! I'm not saying he's a terrible QB. I am saying that he is not right for the Browns. He doesn't fit and most of the fans don't want him here. It's a tough situation for him to be in and he hasn't been able to handle the pressure of it. Is Brady the right guy? I don't know...but I think it's time we find out!

  • @chicopee-john said:

    IMHO, the starting QB position is a dead heat among THREE horses.

    It wouldn't surprise me at all if the guy Mangini brought over from NY beats out both Anderson and Quinn. If that occurs, look for Anderson to be waived.

    Honestly,

    When you draft a QB in round 1 and the alternative hasn't grabbed the bull by the horns after 27 starts - there's a REASON many want to see Quinn get more than 2 healthy auditions.

    John, I'll agree Ratliff adds some degree of intrigue. Obviously nobody was perfect the other night. That said, I only saw 1 QB lead us into the red zone of the opponent twice. That translates into 4 things:

    1) we had 1 opportunity to kick a FG and blew it.

    2) we had 1 WR have a TD pass bounce off his chest; because he felt compelled to jump instead of catch the ball with his HANDS.

    3) As chains were moving, Cleveland defenders were on the sidelines resting and replenishing their energy

    4) We didn't have to punt either time

    If anybody REALLY saw a better QB than Quinn the other night - they're getting pretty freakin creative or they took ecstacy with Loverboy right before Dumb Ass took the field. Who's kiddin who here?

    Folks, I STILL can't get remove the reality that in Quinn's very first training camp - Dumb Ass and Charlie Frye combined for 1 TD pass in 4 preseason games inspite of dominating the reps with the first and second strings. AGAIN, 1 freakin TD pass while Quinn's very first wide eyed appearance he had 2 TDs and a 3rd that should have been overturned if RAC wanted to challenge it. The inconvenient truth was that the holdout who was supposed to look rusty and sloppy for missing all the alleged GREAT coaching and training camp reps was the ONLY QB that looked sharpe. That only made RAC hate the kid worse because now he had columnists noticing what he didn't want them to notice. It also made his QB Coach and OC look like the cubed root of ignorance.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    If anybody REALLY saw a better QB than Quinn the other night - they're getting pretty freakin creative or they took ecstacy with Loverboy right before Dumb Ass took the field. Who's kiddin who here?

    I hope Quinn is 'lights out', Tommy.

    On the other hand, being better than a couple of stiffs isn't going to get the job done.

    He has to be in the Palmer, Flacco, Rothlesberg (sp) tier. Anything short of that, Quinn is a bust.

    I am not saying that he is a bust, but I look for crazy numbers from him - especially in preseason games.

  • @flugel said:

    If anybody REALLY saw a better QB than Quinn the other night - they're getting pretty freakin creative or they took ecstacy with Loverboy right before Dumb Ass took the field. Who's kiddin who here?

    I hope Quinn is 'lights out', Tommy.

    On the other hand, being better than a couple of stiffs isn't going to get the job done.

    He has to be in the Palmer, Flacco, Rothlesberg (sp) tier. Anything short of that, Quinn is a bust.

    I am not saying that he is a bust, but I look for crazy numbers from him - especially in preseason games.

    @chicopee-john said:

    I hope Quinn is 'lights out', Tommy.

    On the other hand, being better than a couple of stiffs isn't going to get the job done.

    He has to be in the Palmer, Flacco, Rothlesberg (sp) tier. Anything short of that, Quinn is a bust.

    I am not saying that he is a bust, but I look for crazy numbers from him - especially in preseason games.

    How does Flacco actually get put in there yet really? While BALT had a really good season last year, Flacco was only a game manager. 3,000 yards, 14 TDs and 12INTs aren't really that impressive. I do expect Quinn to get in the tier of Ben or he isn't the man long term.

  • My Tim-Couch-O-Meter detects that we have homosexual Brady Quinn fans among us.

    Slap some cold water on your faces, the pretty boy hasn't done shit. I agree 100% with Zombo, unless this kid steps up and is not only the best hack on the roster but the one of the very best in the league, then we need to quit celebrating scoreless wins and keep looking.

    If Brady Quinn is so much more attractive to the 31 NFL excecutives around the league, then trade his ass, because even on this worst QB starved team, he's wallowing in three years of patty-cake with perhaps the worst starter in the league.

    Most BQ fems will acknowledge that DA is one of the worst starters in the league ... yet they will celebrate, (and threaten to fight) for a kid that can't step up and seize the opportunity each time it is presented to him.

    As Zippy said, "DO SOMETHING!!!!"

    He gets a golf clap from me for hitting a pass off of Braylons hands in the end zone. I'll also throw in $0.35 for a larger size coffee at McDonalds for him ... but fixing blinders on my mug and getting all gay over him as the Cleveland Browns starter, I will not (until he actually does something)

  • @chicopee-john said:

    I hope Quinn is 'lights out', Tommy.

    On the other hand, being better than a couple of stiffs isn't going to get the job done.

    He has to be in the Palmer, Flacco, Rothlesberg (sp) tier. Anything short of that, Quinn is a bust.

    I am not saying that he is a bust, but I look for crazy numbers from him - especially in preseason games.

    How does Flacco actually get put in there yet really? While BALT had a really good season last year, Flacco was only a game manager. 3,000 yards, 14 TDs and 12INTs aren't really that impressive. I do expect Quinn to get in the tier of Ben or he isn't the man long term.

    Masters said:

    How does Flacco actually get put in there yet really? While BALT had a really good season last year, Flacco was only a game manager. 3,000 yards, 14 TDs and 12INTs aren't really that impressive. I do expect Quinn to get in the tier of Ben or he isn't the man long term.

    Flacco was a rookie. Quinn is entering his third season in the NFL.

    Do you believe Quinn puts up Flacco numbers? That would be good, IMHO.

  • Masters said:

    How does Flacco actually get put in there yet really? While BALT had a really good season last year, Flacco was only a game manager. 3,000 yards, 14 TDs and 12INTs aren't really that impressive. I do expect Quinn to get in the tier of Ben or he isn't the man long term.

    Flacco was a rookie. Quinn is entering his third season in the NFL.

    Do you believe Quinn puts up Flacco numbers? That would be good, IMHO.

    @chicopee-john said:

    Flacco was a rookie. Quinn is entering his third season in the NFL.

    Do you believe Quinn puts up Flacco numbers? That would be good, IMHO.

    I don't mean to take away from Flacco. That was a very solid season for a rookie QB. But not exactly the type of showing that puts him in a conversation with Ben or Palmer yet, imo.

    I think Quinn putting up Flacco numbers would be bad. Not to mention CLE isn't exactly setup to allow Quinn the luxury Flacco had (stout D and solid running game).

    As you noted, Quinn is entering his 3rd year, as oppossed to Flacco being the wide eyed rookie. The bar I set for Quinn this year would be similar performace as Rogers put up in GB last year when he took over the helm.

  • Frustration is the name of the game here.

    Quinn plays the whole season.

    Anyone who beleives we are in contention for anything this year is delusional.

    Our support should not depend on all or nothing. At some point we are going to have to put our faith into the current system or just be a miserable pricks complaining about what should of been done. Its a game played by men, if was easy anybody could play it.

  • @chicopee-john said:

    Flacco was a rookie. Quinn is entering his third season in the NFL.

    Do you believe Quinn puts up Flacco numbers? That would be good, IMHO.

    I don't mean to take away from Flacco. That was a very solid season for a rookie QB. But not exactly the type of showing that puts him in a conversation with Ben or Palmer yet, imo.

    I think Quinn putting up Flacco numbers would be bad. Not to mention CLE isn't exactly setup to allow Quinn the luxury Flacco had (stout D and solid running game).

    As you noted, Quinn is entering his 3rd year, as oppossed to Flacco being the wide eyed rookie. The bar I set for Quinn this year would be similar performace as Rogers put up in GB last year when he took over the helm.

    Masters said:

    I don't mean to take away from Flacco. That was a very solid season for a rookie QB. But not exactly the type of showing that puts him in a conversation with Ben or Palmer yet, imo.

    I think Quinn putting up Flacco numbers would be bad. Not to mention CLE isn't exactly setup to allow Quinn the luxury Flacco had (stout D and solid running game).

    As you noted, Quinn is entering his 3rd year, as oppossed to Flacco being the wide eyed rookie. The bar I set for Quinn this year would be similar performace as Rogers put up in GB last year when he took over the helm.

    Good points, Master. I like the bar being set high. Sometimes, however, setting such a high bar only brings disappointment.

    Hey, we both hope for the same result and that result is Ws for the Browns.

    Makes no sense to quibble.

  • Makes no sense to quibble.

    Is there some other reason we post here? 😉

  • Masters said:

    I don't mean to take away from Flacco. That was a very solid season for a rookie QB. But not exactly the type of showing that puts him in a conversation with Ben or Palmer yet, imo.

    I think Quinn putting up Flacco numbers would be bad. Not to mention CLE isn't exactly setup to allow Quinn the luxury Flacco had (stout D and solid running game).

    As you noted, Quinn is entering his 3rd year, as oppossed to Flacco being the wide eyed rookie. The bar I set for Quinn this year would be similar performace as Rogers put up in GB last year when he took over the helm.

    Good points, Master. I like the bar being set high. Sometimes, however, setting such a high bar only brings disappointment.

    Hey, we both hope for the same result and that result is Ws for the Browns.

    Makes no sense to quibble.

    @chicopee-john said:

    Good points, Master. I like the bar being set high. Sometimes, however, setting such a high bar only brings disappointment.

    Hey, we both hope for the same result and that result is Ws for the Browns.

    Makes no sense to quibble.

    i think the bar was set in 2007, the last time we had a healthy QB for 16 games. Hopefully, we'll have some consistency in our offensive backfield this season.