Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Godfather 3 directors cut

Godfather 3 directors cut

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
5 Posts 3 Posters 339 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The Godfather Coda the death of Michael Corleone
    Paramount
    R          159 min
    I thought I would make a short comment on Francis Ford Coppola reworked version of Godfather 3. For those of us who consider The Godfather Saga at the top, or very near to the top of American Cinema this will be of interest. Ironically Coppola opens with a disclaimer oh, that this is the way he’d Wanted the movie to be cut when it first came out. I can’t imagine why a man with his power it Hollywood wasn’t able to do exactly what he wanted but what the heck.
    Well, it’s still the weakest of the trilogy but thanks to more or less emphasis some of the themes it’s substantially more watchable then the 1990 version and 11 minutes shorter.  For instance, there’s less attention paid to the uncomfortable relationship between Vincent Corleone, Michael’s nephew, and Mary his daughter. On the other hand, there is slightly more focus on the rise of one of my favorite characters Vincent within the family as he takes the reins dealing with Joey Zaza and Don Altobello. The relationship between Michael and Kay and their children has a more understandable perspective while some of the more boring and confusing elements of the international business deal and the Catholic Church has been trimmed.
    Still the weakest of the trilogy but certainly much better. And I still wish somebody what extend story in the modern times with Andy Garcia
     

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • W Westside Steve

      The Godfather Coda the death of Michael Corleone
      Paramount
      R          159 min
      I thought I would make a short comment on Francis Ford Coppola reworked version of Godfather 3. For those of us who consider The Godfather Saga at the top, or very near to the top of American Cinema this will be of interest. Ironically Coppola opens with a disclaimer oh, that this is the way he’d Wanted the movie to be cut when it first came out. I can’t imagine why a man with his power it Hollywood wasn’t able to do exactly what he wanted but what the heck.
      Well, it’s still the weakest of the trilogy but thanks to more or less emphasis some of the themes it’s substantially more watchable then the 1990 version and 11 minutes shorter.  For instance, there’s less attention paid to the uncomfortable relationship between Vincent Corleone, Michael’s nephew, and Mary his daughter. On the other hand, there is slightly more focus on the rise of one of my favorite characters Vincent within the family as he takes the reins dealing with Joey Zaza and Don Altobello. The relationship between Michael and Kay and their children has a more understandable perspective while some of the more boring and confusing elements of the international business deal and the Catholic Church has been trimmed.
      Still the weakest of the trilogy but certainly much better. And I still wish somebody what extend story in the modern times with Andy Garcia
       

      nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 14k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
      #2

      @westside-steve said:

      The Godfather Coda the death of Michael Corleone
      Paramount
      R          159 min
      I thought I would make a short comment on Francis Ford Coppola reworked version of Godfather 3. For those of us who consider The Godfather Saga at the top, or very near to the top of American Cinema this will be of interest. Ironically Coppola opens with a disclaimer oh, that this is the way he’d Wanted the movie to be cut when it first came out. I can’t imagine why a man with his power it Hollywood wasn’t able to do exactly what he wanted but what the heck.
      Well, it’s still the weakest of the trilogy but thanks to more or less emphasis some of the themes it’s substantially more watchable then the 1990 version and 11 minutes shorter.  For instance, there’s less attention paid to the uncomfortable relationship between Vincent Corleone, Michael’s nephew, and Mary his daughter. On the other hand, there is slightly more focus on the rise of one of my favorite characters Vincent within the family as he takes the reins dealing with Joey Zaza and Don Altobello. The relationship between Michael and Kay and their children has a more understandable perspective while some of the more boring and confusing elements of the international business deal and the Catholic Church has been trimmed.
      Still the weakest of the trilogy but certainly much better. And I still wish somebody what extend story in the modern times with Andy Garcia
       

      Yeah... I really wished they had focused on Vito's uprising more in another installment while DeNiro was young.... Garcia was a great choice for the third installment... That said... I enjoyed all 3 movies.. But agree the 3rd the weakest of the 3... But as an Italian-American.. The GF Trilogy is close to my heart... My father told me countless stories and facts about the Mafia you'll never read in any books or see in any movie... And for people who think the Mafia is dead... I gotta newsa for you!... They're not!!... You just think they are... If you ever get to read A Man of Honor: The Joe Bonanno Story... There are clues in that book that tells me the Mafia is not dead... I'll just leave it at that...

      Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • nickersN nickers

        @westside-steve said:

        The Godfather Coda the death of Michael Corleone
        Paramount
        R          159 min
        I thought I would make a short comment on Francis Ford Coppola reworked version of Godfather 3. For those of us who consider The Godfather Saga at the top, or very near to the top of American Cinema this will be of interest. Ironically Coppola opens with a disclaimer oh, that this is the way he’d Wanted the movie to be cut when it first came out. I can’t imagine why a man with his power it Hollywood wasn’t able to do exactly what he wanted but what the heck.
        Well, it’s still the weakest of the trilogy but thanks to more or less emphasis some of the themes it’s substantially more watchable then the 1990 version and 11 minutes shorter.  For instance, there’s less attention paid to the uncomfortable relationship between Vincent Corleone, Michael’s nephew, and Mary his daughter. On the other hand, there is slightly more focus on the rise of one of my favorite characters Vincent within the family as he takes the reins dealing with Joey Zaza and Don Altobello. The relationship between Michael and Kay and their children has a more understandable perspective while some of the more boring and confusing elements of the international business deal and the Catholic Church has been trimmed.
        Still the weakest of the trilogy but certainly much better. And I still wish somebody what extend story in the modern times with Andy Garcia
         

        Yeah... I really wished they had focused on Vito's uprising more in another installment while DeNiro was young.... Garcia was a great choice for the third installment... That said... I enjoyed all 3 movies.. But agree the 3rd the weakest of the 3... But as an Italian-American.. The GF Trilogy is close to my heart... My father told me countless stories and facts about the Mafia you'll never read in any books or see in any movie... And for people who think the Mafia is dead... I gotta newsa for you!... They're not!!... You just think they are... If you ever get to read A Man of Honor: The Joe Bonanno Story... There are clues in that book that tells me the Mafia is not dead... I'll just leave it at that...

        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @nickers said:

        Yeah... I really wished they had focused on Vito's uprising more in another installment while DeNiro was young.... Garcia was a great choice for the third installment... That said... I enjoyed all 3 movies.. But agree the 3rd the weakest of the 3... But as an Italian-American.. The GF Trilogy is close to my heart... My father told me countless stories and facts about the Mafia you'll never read in any books or see in any movie... And for people who think the Mafia is dead... I gotta newsa for you!... They're not!!... You just think they are... If you ever get to read A Man of Honor: The Joe Bonanno Story... There are clues in that book that tells me the Mafia is not dead... I'll just leave it at that...

        No, they are not dead.  A bit truncated, but not  morto. 

        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 39k Posts
          • 9k Reputation
          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
          #4

          Hey Nick, I thought it was a little bit better still not up to the other 2 by a long shot.

          WSS

          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
          nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • W Westside Steve

            Hey Nick, I thought it was a little bit better still not up to the other 2 by a long shot.

            WSS

            nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
            • 14k Posts
            • 5k Reputation
            nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @westside-steve said:

            Hey Nick, I thought it was a little bit better still not up to the other 2 by a long shot.

            WSS

            I saw no difference at all except the intro and the end... otherwise.. it was a complete waste of time

            ..

            Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate