Skip to content

Roster Comparison

The Browns Board
7 2 378
  • Since the conversation was brought up with regards to last opponent, but mainly to get the conversation on to the current one, and since most seem to feel (Nationally, not here) the Browns have no chance and aren't even close to as good. Let's compare them to Chiefs.

  • Cool... no one ever does these around here.

    Gunz... How about we each take one Offensive starter and one Defensive starter?

    Only one question... Is there a one point limit per position or can we go 2 (or more) if the lopsidedness of the pairing warrants more?

    Offense first...

    I'll start with TE. Put that one in the KC column. .. two if the Commish says that is allowed.

    Travis Kelce is the best TE still playing. There a reason he is the 1st-team All-Pro TE for 2020-21.

    Even were the Raiders still alive I'd put him ahead of Waller, if for no other reason than Travis has been performing at a high level for longer... but keep your eye on former QB turned TE Logan Thomas. He's a comer...

    For Defense...

    I'll go with a DT... Richardson vs. Jones... put one more, but only one more, point in the KC column.

    Richardson has impressed this season, but Jones may be second only to LAR's Donald as a DT talent. Jones was edged out by Indy's emergent DT, Buckner, for the 1st-team spot alongside Donald, but Jones has been at a high level longer.

  • Cool... no one ever does these around here.

    Gunz... How about we each take one Offensive starter and one Defensive starter?

    Only one question... Is there a one point limit per position or can we go 2 (or more) if the lopsidedness of the pairing warrants more?

    Offense first...

    I'll start with TE. Put that one in the KC column. .. two if the Commish says that is allowed.

    Travis Kelce is the best TE still playing. There a reason he is the 1st-team All-Pro TE for 2020-21.

    Even were the Raiders still alive I'd put him ahead of Waller, if for no other reason than Travis has been performing at a high level for longer... but keep your eye on former QB turned TE Logan Thomas. He's a comer...

    For Defense...

    I'll go with a DT... Richardson vs. Jones... put one more, but only one more, point in the KC column.

    Richardson has impressed this season, but Jones may be second only to LAR's Donald as a DT talent. Jones was edged out by Indy's emergent DT, Buckner, for the 1st-team spot alongside Donald, but Jones has been at a high level longer.

    @tour2ma said:

    Cool... no one ever does these around here.

    Gunz... How about we each take one Offensive starter and one Defensive starter?

    Only one question... Is there a one point limit per position or can we go 2 (or more) if the lopsidedness of the pairing warrants more?

    Offense first...

    I'll start with TE. Put that one in the KC column. .. two if the Commish says that is allowed.

    Travis Kelce is the best TE still playing. There a reason he is the 1st-team All-Pro TE for 2020-21.

    Even were the Raiders still alive I'd put him ahead of Waller, if for no other reason than Travis has been performing at a high level for longer... but keep your eye on former QB turned TE Logan Thomas. He's a comer...

    For Defense...

    I'll go with a DT... Richardson vs. Jones... put one more, but only one more, point in the KC column.

    Richardson has impressed this season, but Jones may be second only to LAR's Donald as a DT talent. Jones was edged out by Indy's emergent DT, Buckner, for the 1st-team spot alongside Donald, but Jones has been at a high level longer.

    I wasn't really trying to get anyone to really do it, just figured of some way to change the topic onto the current team by using an argument from the last.

    I did figure someone would do it though.

    But since you aren't one to do that, I will take your challenge, but I'll take the positive side.

    RB: +2 for the Browns. Chubb is a top 3 back. Now while CEH is a 1st round pick and had a few big games, he certainly doesn't match up.

    DE: I'll go conservative and say +1 for Garrett over Clark. When fully healthy, Garrett is a top 3 defender in football, but Clark is no slouch, and currently Garrett isn't himself 

  • So all tied up... 3 to 3...

    I'd be happy to do the OL en masse...

  • So all tied up... 3 to 3...

    I'd be happy to do the OL en masse...

    @tour2ma said:

    So all tied up... 3 to 3...

    I'd be happy to do the OL en masse...

    +5 - +10 Cleveland

  • @tour2ma said:

    So all tied up... 3 to 3...

    I'd be happy to do the OL en masse...

    +5 - +10 Cleveland

    @gunz41 said:

    +5 - +10 Cleveland

    Certainly in that ballpark as a sum of individuals, but there has to be some weighting of positions.

  • @gunz41 said:

    +5 - +10 Cleveland

    Certainly in that ballpark as a sum of individuals, but there has to be some weighting of positions.

    @tour2ma said:

    Certainly in that ballpark as a sum of individuals, but there has to be some weighting of positions.

    Nah, got to keep it close for Cleveland. Because once you factor in other spots in starts to flip