Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. The Browns will make NFL history this season

The Browns will make NFL history this season

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
34 Posts 21 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • bugzilla B
    • 38 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    B bugzilla wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

    Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

    Another wasted season.

    I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

    Kosar_For_PresidentK S S S D 5 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • B bugzilla

      Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

      Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

      Another wasted season.

      I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

      Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
      • 6k Posts
      • 221 Reputation
      Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
      #2

      @bugzilla said:

      Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

      Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

      Another wasted season.

      I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

      It's f'cking preseason. Quit crying.

      dawson-crying.jpg

      Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • beefjerky B
        • 548 Posts
        • 26 Reputation
        B beefjerky wrote on last edited by
        #3

        yeah like another poster noted, last year Detroit won all 4 of their preseason games, what did they do in the regular season? go 0-16.

        the colts have also always had a losing preseason record, and one of those years they went on to win the super bowl, preseason doesn't mean ANYTHING and it's only to evaluate rookies and new players, essentially practice.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • NashEQ N
          • 10 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          N NashEQ wrote on last edited by
          #4

          No offensive TD all season? Yeah right. They were close to scoring two touchdowns in last night's game with Quinn in there.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • bugzilla B
            • 38 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            B bugzilla wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Look, I don't want to believe this. I know the preseason doesn't matter in the end, but the fact is that the offense looked exactly the way it did the last four games of last season. For cryin' out loud, Jamal Lewis had 17 yards last night. We can move the ball sometimes,but can't sustain a scoring drive. Look at the drive where Quinn threw the INT in the endzone. The play before that he hit Edwards right in the chest and he dropped it. Every scoring drive comes down to making key plays and we can't do that.

            I think the problem is that our offensive line is still weak and Braylon Edwards is the worst wide receiver in the league. He always gets open then drops the ball when it comes to him. Singlehanded he has killed more drives than the last five defenses we have faced.

            We'll score TDs in the preseason. In the regular season the only chance we have is if we trade Edwards for some real offensive linemen.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • B bugzilla

              Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

              Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

              Another wasted season.

              I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

              Silverback S
              • 164 Posts
              • 1 Reputation
              S Silverback wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @bugzilla said:

              I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

              Looks like most Browns fans already have given up. GOT BLACKOUT???

              browns.jpg

              😆

              Riffer XR BrownIndianB 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • AZBrowns A
                • 300 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                A AZBrowns wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Threads like these are exactly the reason I don't watch the preseason. People tend to take way too much out of one quarter of play.

                Riffer XR 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • choco chocoC
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 352 Reputation
                  chocoC choco wrote on last edited by choco
                  #8

                  having stopped at "look, im a passionate browns fan", i have to agree with Planet Orange.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • A AZBrowns

                    Threads like these are exactly the reason I don't watch the preseason. People tend to take way too much out of one quarter of play.

                    Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 3k Posts
                    • 127 Reputation
                    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @azbrowns said:

                    Threads like these are exactly the reason I don't watch the preseason. People tend to take way too much out of one quarter of play.

                    I thought you were some kind of writer or something? If you are a hardcore and knowledgeable fan, you best be watching the preseason. At least if you're going to be formulating and throwing opinions around.

                    Scheming is absent and guys have tired camp legs, but you can certainly see a lot in player evaluation.

                    Is a pig's ass pork?
                    A 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • S Silverback

                      @bugzilla said:

                      I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

                      Looks like most Browns fans already have given up. GOT BLACKOUT???

                      browns.jpg

                      😆

                      Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 127 Reputation
                      Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @silverback said:

                      Looks like most Browns fans already have given up. GOT BLACKOUT???

                      browns.jpg

                      😆

                      Ah, Sliver dick you lookin for some lovin?

                      Is a pig's ass pork?
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Riffer XR Riffer X

                        @azbrowns said:

                        Threads like these are exactly the reason I don't watch the preseason. People tend to take way too much out of one quarter of play.

                        I thought you were some kind of writer or something? If you are a hardcore and knowledgeable fan, you best be watching the preseason. At least if you're going to be formulating and throwing opinions around.

                        Scheming is absent and guys have tired camp legs, but you can certainly see a lot in player evaluation.

                        AZBrowns A
                        • 300 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        A AZBrowns wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @riffer-x said:

                        I thought you were some kind of writer or something? If you are a hardcore and knowledgeable fan, you best be watching the preseason. At least if you're going to be formulating and throwing opinions around.

                        Scheming is absent and guys have tired camp legs, but you can certainly see a lot in player evaluation.

                        I cover college football, not the pros. I was covering a scrimmage last night while the game was going on.

                        If I were covering the Browns, I would watch, but as a fan, the preseason is virtually unbearable to me.

                        I went back and watched the replay for a bit on NFL network and they looked sloppy, but we'll see how they react next week and, more importantly, in week 1. It's hard top form a concrete opinion from the preseason anyway, no matter how much you pay attention.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 11k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @inspecta said:

                          What a bunch of dumbshits actually thinking the preseason is any indication of what's going to happen in the regular season.

                          STFU bitch

                          I'll forgive last night's LAMENESS if we can win on opening day for once. I gotta be honest, I was hoping the team would show up more excited about facing their first opponents in a different color unifrom (outside of the training camp grinde). It would have been nice to see us looking good in 1 of the 3 phases of the game.

                          I'm not asking for perfection. That said, for a team needing a new attitude - it wasn't there. Anyone that watched this game knows what I'm talking about.

                          We've been taking this "it's only preseason" approach right up to many openers that haven't looked much different than "it's only preseason." What's our record on opening day since 1999?

                          I BELIEVE in Mangini but there's still some roster fat and character flaws that need be removed.

                          And last but not least, dividing the lockerroom with a QB controversy hasn't ever been good in this league. Usually when 31 NFL Executives tell you Dumb Ass isn't smart enough to be THEIR version of a starting QB - there's something to that. We have a 1st round alternative. That said, we also have the only franchise that turned its owner into a Pro Soccer fan.

                          - Tom F.

                          I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • S Silverback

                            @bugzilla said:

                            I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

                            Looks like most Browns fans already have given up. GOT BLACKOUT???

                            browns.jpg

                            😆

                            BrownIndian BrownIndianB
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 39 Reputation
                            BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @silverback said:

                            Looks like most Browns fans already have given up. GOT BLACKOUT???

                            browns.jpg

                            😆

                            Atleast we know our owner and team looks better than Skeletor and the Oakland Raided.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • B bugzilla

                              Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

                              Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

                              Another wasted season.

                              I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

                              Sez.EJ S
                              • 859 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @bugzilla said:

                              I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

                              Sounds like you already have given up to propose something so utterly proposterous. May I reccomend field hockey.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Gips GipsG
                                • 3k Posts
                                • 34 Reputation
                                GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                                #15

                                I dont see a touchdownless or winless season ahead especially with BQ but even with DA running the show..i think it will get better every week as these guys learn to play football mangini's way and embrace discipline instead of cry and whine about it..coach needs to get real mean soon and start cutting the slackers to make clear to the others what he wants and rightfully expects..BE might be a good place to start..

                                We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                                B 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • beefjerky B
                                  • 548 Posts
                                  • 26 Reputation
                                  B beefjerky wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  next game after the browns look better, people will be going "this team is gonna win 11 games" all over this board. BUT IT WON'T MATTER, because it's pre season, pre season doesn't matter whether you win or lose, the only thing that matters if the progression of your rookies or new players.

                                  B 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • GipsG Gips

                                    I dont see a touchdownless or winless season ahead especially with BQ but even with DA running the show..i think it will get better every week as these guys learn to play football mangini's way and embrace discipline instead of cry and whine about it..coach needs to get real mean soon and start cutting the slackers to make clear to the others what he wants and rightfully expects..BE might be a good place to start..

                                    bugzilla B
                                    • 38 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    B bugzilla wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @gips said:

                                    I dont see a touchdownless or winless season ahead especially with BQ but even with DA running the show..

                                    I think they can win a few games even without the offense scoring a TD. We've got good special teams and the defense is rotten but comes up with alot of INTs so we might get lucky two or three times this season.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • B beefjerky

                                      next game after the browns look better, people will be going "this team is gonna win 11 games" all over this board. BUT IT WON'T MATTER, because it's pre season, pre season doesn't matter whether you win or lose, the only thing that matters if the progression of your rookies or new players.

                                      bugzilla B
                                      • 38 Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      B bugzilla wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @beefjerky said:

                                      next game after the browns look better, people will be going "this team is gonna win 11 games" all over this board. BUT IT WON'T MATTER, because it's pre season, pre season doesn't matter whether you win or lose, the only thing that matters if the progression of your rookies or new players.

                                      Look, normally the preseason means nothing, but what scares me is that the way the offense looked was EXACTLY the same as they looked during the last five games last season. They have a few good plays but can't punch it in.

                                      I believe they will score TDs and win at least one preseason game, but when it comes to the regular season the offense has no chance to score. None. I'm telling you they WILL NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN THROUGH THE REGULAR SEASON!

                                      I was right last year. Everyone on this board said I was nuts to believe they could not score. What did it for me was when I saw that Houston Texans game in person. It was like a high school team playing a pro team. The Browns are SLLLOOOOOWWWW... It looks like a bunch of guys who don't want to be on the team and are doing just enough to get their paycheck. Rogers and Cribbs are the only ones who put in a pro effort. To succeed in pro football the players have to throw themselves into the game without regards for their own bodies. These guys are obviously not putting their bodies on the line.

                                      I'm tired of the lack of passion. Mangini needs to start cutting starters and trading. Start with Edwards. Get rid of the entire defensive except for Rogers.

                                      hammertimeH 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • B bugzilla

                                        @beefjerky said:

                                        next game after the browns look better, people will be going "this team is gonna win 11 games" all over this board. BUT IT WON'T MATTER, because it's pre season, pre season doesn't matter whether you win or lose, the only thing that matters if the progression of your rookies or new players.

                                        Look, normally the preseason means nothing, but what scares me is that the way the offense looked was EXACTLY the same as they looked during the last five games last season. They have a few good plays but can't punch it in.

                                        I believe they will score TDs and win at least one preseason game, but when it comes to the regular season the offense has no chance to score. None. I'm telling you they WILL NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN THROUGH THE REGULAR SEASON!

                                        I was right last year. Everyone on this board said I was nuts to believe they could not score. What did it for me was when I saw that Houston Texans game in person. It was like a high school team playing a pro team. The Browns are SLLLOOOOOWWWW... It looks like a bunch of guys who don't want to be on the team and are doing just enough to get their paycheck. Rogers and Cribbs are the only ones who put in a pro effort. To succeed in pro football the players have to throw themselves into the game without regards for their own bodies. These guys are obviously not putting their bodies on the line.

                                        I'm tired of the lack of passion. Mangini needs to start cutting starters and trading. Start with Edwards. Get rid of the entire defensive except for Rogers.

                                        hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                        • 4k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @bugzilla said:

                                        Look, normally the preseason means nothing, but what scares me is that the way the offense looked was EXACTLY the same as they looked during the last five games last season. They have a few good plays but can't punch it in.

                                        I believe they will score TDs and win at least one preseason game, but when it comes to the regular season the offense has no chance to score. None. I'm telling you they WILL NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN THROUGH THE REGULAR SEASON!

                                        I was right last year. Everyone on this board said I was nuts to believe they could not score. What did it for me was when I saw that Houston Texans game in person. It was like a high school team playing a pro team. The Browns are SLLLOOOOOWWWW... It looks like a bunch of guys who don't want to be on the team and are doing just enough to get their paycheck. Rogers and Cribbs are the only ones who put in a pro effort. To succeed in pro football the players have to throw themselves into the game without regards for their own bodies. These guys are obviously not putting their bodies on the line.

                                        I'm tired of the lack of passion. Mangini needs to start cutting starters and trading. Start with Edwards. Get rid of the entire defensive except for Rogers.

                                        You sound like a passionate fan.

                                        Just don't forget to take your meds. 🙄

                                        (we are facing these guys during the regular season don't forget)

                                        guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • B bugzilla

                                          Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

                                          Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

                                          Another wasted season.

                                          I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

                                          steel88 S
                                          • 439 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          S steel88 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @bugzilla said:

                                          Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

                                          Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

                                          Another wasted season.

                                          I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

                                          Dude, shut up Im only old enough to know these browns, and I Know they are going to be good soon. I dont get why so many of you guys are "trying" to abandon ship when youve seen the good times, I havent had any good times and I still love every play, snap and down of browns football.

                                          What we're seeing here in 2010 is precisely what happened in NE a decade ago. It worked for them then, and it wiill work for us now. Why? Because it's the only way it's ever worked in pro football. Just ask Paul Brown. Or Vince Lombardi. Or Tom Landry. .02, Clemdawg
                                          B 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate