Skip to content

***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
341 49 9.8k 1
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Well said Nero. Go Browns!!

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Old News! Since 1999...3 winning seasons in 2002, 2007 & 2020.. 1 Playoff appearance in 2002........... no fear in this Browns team ?

    #whynotus?.... GO Browns ! !  

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I bet the OP was even more eloquent in Spanish....

    .. if that's possible.

    That was one inspired post, Nero...

    Kudos!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    And we've got NBC's A-team today... Nance and Romo.

    Not quite 0900 and I'm amped already...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Welp, Batman Begins is on TNT. My laundry is going... So I'm just going to sip this coffee and enjoy the build-up. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #9

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oddly enough l watched this movie earlier this week. I went to Milan, Indiana, the actual school and town it’s based off of and was inspired to watch it. It really is one tiny town. They actually have a small museum dedicated to their 1954 basketball team in town.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Let's go browns. Last man standing in the AFC North. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Oddly enough l watched this movie earlier this week. I went to Milan, Indiana, the actual school and town it’s based off of and was inspired to watch it. It really is one tiny town. They actually have a small museum dedicated to their 1954 basketball team in town.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Oddly enough l watched this movie earlier this week. I went to Milan, Indiana, the actual school and town it’s based off of and was inspired to watch it. It really is one tiny town. They actually have a small museum dedicated to their 1954 basketball team in town.

    Hoosiers... another of the movie stops when I'm channel surfing late at nite.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #13

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Oddly enough l watched this movie earlier this week. I went to Milan, Indiana, the actual school and town it’s based off of and was inspired to watch it. It really is one tiny town. They actually have a small museum dedicated to their 1954 basketball team in town.

    Hoosiers... another of the movie stops when I'm channel surfing late at nite.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Hoosiers... another of the movie stops when I'm channel surfing late at nite.

    It really might be the best made sports movie of all-time. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Myles Garrett has a game.

    Baker makes fewer mistakes than Mahomes.

    I like our chances. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    GO BROWNS, it's on at 3:05 pm EST.......baby !

    a84bc51b06ce54da016dc749be474f56.jpg

  • I bet the OP was even more eloquent in Spanish....

    .. if that's possible.

    That was one inspired post, Nero...

    Kudos!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    I bet the OP was even more eloquent in Spanish....

    .. if that's possible.

    That was one inspired post, Nero...

    Kudos!

    Nero's command of English makes my rusty old Spanish sound like Kindergarten. ??

  • B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by
    #18

    THIS is why I am a Browns fan and why I stuck with them through so much shit these past 20 years(new Browns). To get back that feeling from the days of Bernie and Brian Sipe and the rest of those cast of characters..  

    This team will already go down in history as one of the best we've ever fielded if not the best(and that is saying something).. But I feel the best is yet to come. WE CAN WIN THIS GAME.. Mark my words..

    The Chiefs will come out rusty and we can jump on top of them and get a 7 or 14 point lead.. But don't expect them to fall apart like the Steelers. They will come roaring back and this is where our game plan needs to bend not break...

    First, run early and often to limit the number of possessions for Mahomes. Take shots to keep them honest. A Higgins post down the left side and air it out. But then back to the run. Make the 3rd down manageable at less than 4 yards.. Baker has proven he is deadly on those plays. 5 wideouts(with Hunt or Chubb) and spread them out.. Pick them apart.

    Defense must submit to their over the top dominance.. KEEP THEM IN FRONT OF US at all costs. Put extra men in the backfield and accept that they will will run and short/medium pass us down the field. Firm up inside the 20 and try and at least get 25 to 30% of their Red Zones to turn into 3 points instead of 7 or 8....  

    Control the clock on both sides of the ball.. Make their touchdown drives take longer.. Run the ball on our side and run the clock.. SLOW THEM DOWN to our speed instead of trying to match them at theirs.   We will lose a shootout just like we did against the Ravens.... CONTROL the game and we win.

    And if by some miracle OBJ is reading things on our humble board.. You are a Brown through and through. You've done the one thing you needed to do for this team. Be a quiet supporter.. You are a big reason we are here and I for one won't forget you... I hope they bring you back next year and you are that last piece of the offense that either brings us back to a Super Bowl(God willing) or takes us there next year.....

    GO BROWNS.. You are already winners....

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #19

    This is one of the few games where I prefer receiving the ball first. Make a long drive, put some points on the board. Let Mahomes & company cool down in the bench.

    Run the ball down their throats all game long and keep the ball. No mistakes. 

    I'm pumped up.  

  • This is one of the few games where I prefer receiving the ball first. Make a long drive, put some points on the board. Let Mahomes & company cool down in the bench.

    Run the ball down their throats all game long and keep the ball. No mistakes. 

    I'm pumped up.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @nero said:

    This is one of the few games where I prefer receiving the ball first. Make a long drive, put some points on the board. Let Mahomes & company cool down in the bench.

    Run through their throats all game long and keep the ball. No mistakes. 

    I'm pumped up.  

    Two top gun quarterbacks in this one, does the last team with the ball ? win it ?

    Pumped up, oh yeah !

    GO BROWNS, playoff football football......baby !

  • @tour2ma said:

    I bet the OP was even more eloquent in Spanish....

    .. if that's possible.

    That was one inspired post, Nero...

    Kudos!

    Nero's command of English makes my rusty old Spanish sound like Kindergarten. ??

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #21

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nero's command of English

    And in writing to boot...

    In my European continent travels I've encountered many English speakers who had a great command of our language, but can't recall any who professed to be as fluent in writing.

    As I was saying... 😉

    @nero said:

    Run (the ball) through down their throats

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Nero's command of English

    And in writing to boot...

    In my European continent travels I've encountered many English speakers who had a great command of our language, but can't recall any who professed to be as fluent in writing.

    As I was saying... 😉

    @nero said:

    Run (the ball) through down their throats

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    And in writing to boot...

    In my European continent travels I've encountered many English speakers who had a great command of our language, but can't recall any who professed to be as fluent in writing.

    To be fair, I probably write better than I speak. I never get to practise my English speaking skills.