***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***
-
I hope we quit moaning about calls/non calls after today.... but I see a handful of us still whining about it come April.
Anyway, hell of an effort by Higgy on that play and Baker sure has a rapport with him, and I hope our FO sees that in the offseason.
I hope we quit moaning about calls/non calls after today.... but I see a handful of us still whining about it come April.
Anyway, hell of an effort by Higgy on that play and Baker sure has a rapport with him, and I hope our FO sees that in the offseason.
I just don't see why we should not expect basic competence from the officials. We expect that from all our coaches and players, don't we?
-
Greedy wasn’t much when he’s played. So please...if he’s coming back...we will see a soft tissue injury week 1 of the 2nd quarter after he’s beat for a TD.
Moving on....Hunt is fresh for next week.
I hate complaining about missed calls when we executed nothing and called an awful game.
Move on to the draft...clean house on defense.
Greedy wasn’t much when he’s played. So please...if he’s coming back...we will see a soft tissue injury week 1 of the 2nd quarter after he’s beat for a TD.
Moving on....Hunt is fresh for next week.
I hate complaining about missed calls when we executed nothing and called an awful game.
Move on to the draft...clean house on defense.
Unfortunately, both Greedy and Ward have proven that they can not be counted on to be on the field consistently.
Can't make the club, sittin' in the tub.
-
Also had Higgins been hit legally there... he still fumbles.
Wholly and completely speculative. Maybe he doesn't.
-
I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done.
This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball.
-
I hope we quit moaning about calls/non calls after today.... but I see a handful of us still whining about it come April.
Anyway, hell of an effort by Higgy on that play and Baker sure has a rapport with him, and I hope our FO sees that in the offseason.
I just don't see why we should not expect basic competence from the officials. We expect that from all our coaches and players, don't we?
I just don't see why we should not expect basic competence from the officials. We expect that from all our coaches and players, don't we?
Bad and/or missed calls happen in every game, in every sport, every day. Yes, I would have loved the ref to have seen the helmet to helmet contact and made the call.... I also would have loved to see Higgins just go down at the 3 so we could then burn off all of the clock and score right before the half.
Unfortunately neither happened, and neither actually cost us the game. We had the ball with just over 5 minutes to go down by 5 and all of the momentum..... We had everything we needed.
The loss is on the Browns and no one else.
-
You had a couple of thoughts:
Could having OBJ back solve the "not fast enough" issue with our WRs. I agree that we do not have anyone on the order of Hill (who does)....or OBJ who played today
Also, could getting Delpit and Greedy back be helpful for our "speed" issue in the secondary?
Plus...certainly it looks like we have need for a couple of LLBs....a good run stopping one and a good one to cover TEs.
getting OBJ back, true, a serious field stretcher. He's 5'11". I'd like a 6'4" speed guy for mismatches added.
I don't know - if Greedy can get over nerve damage even before next season. That takes serious time, depending on the severity.
Getting Delpit back would be awesome, at FS, and Harrison is terrific at SS, but.... an injury to either one is a huge drop off I think.
Watching the Chief's lb's play so fast sideline to sideliine (the Browns kept trying, didn't work) seems to make the need for a very fast lb a good dramatic improvement in the first round.
So the NFL draft will be very perplexing. I really like Collins still. And Owusu at tweener/lb/SS. and I don't think that a first round cb will fall to the Browns.
But... I would not pass on Barmore. If he falls to the Browns, it's a nobrainer, In my goofy opinion.
getting OBJ back, true, a serious field stretcher. He's 5'11". I'd like a 6'4" speed guy for mismatches added.
Sure...that would be nice. Isn't that something we thought Peeps could do? (probably not). Maybe we can get Marty McFly's Time Machine and go back to like 20 years and pick up Randy Moss in his prime.
I don't know - if Greedy can get over nerve damage even before next season. That takes serious time, depending on the severity.
I don't even recall what his injuries were...Were they that serious?
Getting Delpit back would be awesome, at FS, and Harrison is terrific at SS, but.... an injury to either one is a huge drop off I think.
Watching the Chief's lb's play so fast sideline to sideliine (the Browns kept trying, didn't work) seems to make the need for a very fast lb a good dramatic improvement in the first round.
Seems to me too to be the top Priority.
So the NFL draft will be very perplexing. I really like Collins still. And Owusu at tweener/lb/SS. and I don't think that a first round cb will fall to the Browns.
But... I would not pass on Barmore. If he falls to the Browns, it's a nobrainer, In my goofy opinion.
If he is by far the defensive BPA when we come up....could be a no-brainer.
-
This is as much of a team loss as I have ever seen.
I may be in the minority here but this loss is on our O sputtering its way thru the 1st half.
As I posted elsewhere we stopped ourselves on at least two drives.
Then add the other thing I've said...
If before the opening kickoff we were offered a scenario where our D holds KC's Offense to 22 points, then we'd have grabbed it in both hands and laughed as we ran to the exit so they couldn't take the offer back.
I may be in the minority here but this loss is on our O sputtering its way thru the 1st half.
As I posted elsewhere we stopped ourselves on at least two drives.
Then add the other thing I've said...
If before the opening kickoff we were offered a scenario where our D holds KC's Offense to 22 points, then we'd have grabbed it in both hands and laughed as we ran to the exit so they couldn't take the offer back.
Not disagreeing with this. Again, that fumble was a big part of the "not producing points" equation there.
-
Hilarious coming from the guy who would lose his shit if a timeout got used. ?
Ugh. You still don't get it, do you? smh
I get mad over the things that I can control.... like burning TOs (guessing you would've liked to have not burned 2 in the second half today???) going/not going for 2, etc, etc...
I can not control what the refs call or don't call and it's all part of the game and therefore I don't dwell on what I can't control.
^ Great way to live life.
Ugh. You still don't get it, do you? smh
I get mad over the things that I can control.... like burning TOs (guessing you would've liked to have not burned 2 in the second half today???) going/not going for 2, etc, etc...
I can not control what the refs call or don't call and it's all part of the game and therefore I don't dwell on what I can't control.
^ Great way to live life.
Uhmmm....YOU don't control anything. You are a fan. I assume you mean: what my team's coaches and players can control.
-
Ugh. You still don't get it, do you? smh
I get mad over the things that I can control.... like burning TOs (guessing you would've liked to have not burned 2 in the second half today???) going/not going for 2, etc, etc...
I can not control what the refs call or don't call and it's all part of the game and therefore I don't dwell on what I can't control.
^ Great way to live life.
Uhmmm....YOU don't control anything. You are a fan. I assume you mean: what my team's coaches and players can control.
Uhmmm....YOU don't control anything. You are a fan. I assume you mean: what my team's coaches and players can control.
OMG, yes obviously. I am a coach and was speaking about how I coach.... Your kids would be lucky to have me.
-
Uhmmm....YOU don't control anything. You are a fan. I assume you mean: what my team's coaches and players can control.
OMG, yes obviously. I am a coach and was speaking about how I coach.... Your kids would be lucky to have me.
-
getting OBJ back, true, a serious field stretcher. He's 5'11". I'd like a 6'4" speed guy for mismatches added.
Sure...that would be nice. Isn't that something we thought Peeps could do? (probably not). Maybe we can get Marty McFly's Time Machine and go back to like 20 years and pick up Randy Moss in his prime.
I don't know - if Greedy can get over nerve damage even before next season. That takes serious time, depending on the severity.
I don't even recall what his injuries were...Were they that serious?
Getting Delpit back would be awesome, at FS, and Harrison is terrific at SS, but.... an injury to either one is a huge drop off I think.
Watching the Chief's lb's play so fast sideline to sideliine (the Browns kept trying, didn't work) seems to make the need for a very fast lb a good dramatic improvement in the first round.
Seems to me too to be the top Priority.
So the NFL draft will be very perplexing. I really like Collins still. And Owusu at tweener/lb/SS. and I don't think that a first round cb will fall to the Browns.
But... I would not pass on Barmore. If he falls to the Browns, it's a nobrainer, In my goofy opinion.
If he is by far the defensive BPA when we come up....could be a no-brainer.
Sure...that would be nice. Isn't that something we thought Peeps could do? (probably not). Maybe we can get Marty McFly's Time Machine and go back to like 20 years and pick up Randy Moss in his prime
paul warfield
-
I don't get past mind numbing loses to easily..and this one still stings.. Though we did have the champs on the ropes to the very end..
Scoreboard says 22-17 final. Lose by -5..KC misses a extra point is 1 point & a KC doink'd a FG equals 4 missed points by KC..We lost a whole 1st half, playing & doing jack $hit imho..Missing on Higgy's 7, maybe 8 points still don't add up to the 9 we should* have needed.. Fact is.. We were not good enough today to win this close game.. than Andy Reid closed us out..
If's/but's/could'a/would'a & should'a works both ways in my playbook
-
Now who is the pervert? ?
Any kid that has ever played for this 2 time California 16u Softball champion coach knows only 2 words....... Effort and Attitude.
The only 2 things that they actually control. They can't control where I bat them, where I play them or if I play them at all, and they sure as hell can't control the umpires' calls.
Bottom of the 7th, 2 outs, full count, bases loaded, down 1, and you get called out on a high pitch? Don't blame anyone but yourself.... FOUL THAT SHIT OFF AND FIND A WAY TO WIN THE GAME ON THE NEXT PITCH!!!
Effort and Attitude..... the only things that any of us really control.
(That'll be $100 for the coaching lesson)
-
Yes they are, but this isn't college??? I have no clue why you felt the need to tell me that, when you know that is something I would know.
And sure, if you want to just look at one play (then really it would be 6, especially when considering the amount of hate Parkey has gotten on here). And I won't even go full dissection into you to answer. All I will say is that having a 16 point lead vs. an at best 9 point lead is huge in a coaches mind/play calling. And if you want to point out 1 play that really hurt the Browns, couldn't the Chiefs do the same with Mahomes. The Browns almost assuredly don't hold Chiefs to 22 with PM. But that is besides the point.
I will say it again, a VERY BAD missed call. They happen. The officials didn't miss it on purpose. And since this is the ONLY area of field that you can lose the ball like that, regardless of the hit, need to be a bit safer there. The exact same thing can and has happened with legal hits.
Yes they are, but this isn't college??? I have no clue why you felt the need to tell me that, when you know that is something I would know.
Who says I was telling YOU that. Just because it was your post doesn't mean that a statement I make may not be for general consumption. I was simply pointing out to everyone that that is the kind of play that is reviewable at the college level. There may be some people on here that don't actually know that. In fact, to be fair....I thought that a helmet to helmet hit....was reviewable in the NFL. But apparently not. Nevertheless, your post was simply the conduit through which that point was to be made.
And sure, if you want to just look at one play (then really it would be 6, especially when considering the amount of hate Parkey has gotten on here). And I won't even go full dissection into you to answer. All I will say is that having a 16 point lead vs. an at best 9 point lead is huge in a coaches mind/play calling. And if you want to point out 1 play that really hurt the Browns, couldn't the Chiefs do the same with Mahomes. The Browns almost assuredly don't hold Chiefs to 22 with PM. But that is besides the point.
Yes, that is why I said if that penalty had been called and the game had become closer that it may have changed the Chiefs strategy later on.
I will say it again, a VERY BAD missed call. They happen. The officials didn't miss it on purpose. And since this is the ONLY area of field that you can lose the ball like that, regardless of the hit, need to be a bit safer there. The exact same thing can and has happened with legal hits.
Sure....its all speculative. IF that call had been made the Browns may have scored another 7 points...which, speculatively could have won us the game. And maybe Higgins should have been safer there....but what I did see him do there was to make an all out effort to score. Had he played it safer, he likely does not fumble, but he also doesn't try to score...which was his goal. Maybe a bad decision on his part, as the fumble didn't keep the ball alive. Being short of the goal....on the 2 or 1 could have given us a TD...but like I said...I appreciated the effort, even if you can second guess it.
-
I just don't see why we should not expect basic competence from the officials. We expect that from all our coaches and players, don't we?
Bad and/or missed calls happen in every game, in every sport, every day. Yes, I would have loved the ref to have seen the helmet to helmet contact and made the call.... I also would have loved to see Higgins just go down at the 3 so we could then burn off all of the clock and score right before the half.
Unfortunately neither happened, and neither actually cost us the game. We had the ball with just over 5 minutes to go down by 5 and all of the momentum..... We had everything we needed.
The loss is on the Browns and no one else.
Bad and/or missed calls happen in every game, in every sport, every day. Yes, I would have loved the ref to have seen the helmet to helmet contact and made the call.... I also would have loved to see Higgins just go down at the 3 so we could then burn off all of the clock and score right before the half.
Unfortunately neither happened, and neither actually cost us the game. We had the ball with just over 5 minutes to go down by 5 and all of the momentum..... We had everything we needed.
The loss is on the Browns and no one else.
Sure...but, if a Browns player fails. Say there is a critical dropped pass, a critical INT, a critical missed tackle....a Freddie Kitchens like horrible call, we criticize those players. Or, to go further....we occasionally BLAME those players for the loss. So, if there is a critical bad call....we can assess some blame there as well. Maybe not all...but some. We may have had all of the above in this game, dropped pass, Int. missed tackles, bad play call...bad ref's call. If Blame is a pie....we can give all of them....including the refs.....a piece.
-
I don't get past mind numbing loses to easily..and this one still stings.. Though we did have the champs on the ropes to the very end..
Scoreboard says 22-17 final. Lose by -5..KC misses a extra point is 1 point & a KC doink'd a FG equals 4 missed points by KC..We lost a whole 1st half, playing & doing jack $hit imho..Missing on Higgy's 7, maybe 8 points still don't add up to the 9 we should* have needed.. Fact is.. We were not good enough today to win this close game.. than Andy Reid closed us out..
If's/but's/could'a/would'a & should'a works both ways in my playbook
I don't get past mind numbing loses to easily..and this one still stings.. Though we did have the champs on the ropes to the very end..
Scoreboard says 22-17 final. Lose by -5..KC misses a extra point is 1 point & a KC doink'd a FG equals 4 missed points by KC..We lost a whole 1st half, playing & doing jack $hit imho..Missing on Higgy's 7, maybe 8 points still don't add up to the 9 we should* have needed.. Fact is.. We were not good enough today to win this close game.. than Andy Reid closed us out..
If's/but's/could'a/would'a & should'a works both ways in my playbook
Can’t Rep this... but Yes!!!
-
Uhmmm....YOU don't control anything. You are a fan. I assume you mean: what my team's coaches and players can control.
OMG, yes obviously. I am a coach and was speaking about how I coach.... Your kids would be lucky to have me.
-
Bad and/or missed calls happen in every game, in every sport, every day. Yes, I would have loved the ref to have seen the helmet to helmet contact and made the call.... I also would have loved to see Higgins just go down at the 3 so we could then burn off all of the clock and score right before the half.
Unfortunately neither happened, and neither actually cost us the game. We had the ball with just over 5 minutes to go down by 5 and all of the momentum..... We had everything we needed.
The loss is on the Browns and no one else.
Sure...but, if a Browns player fails. Say there is a critical dropped pass, a critical INT, a critical missed tackle....a Freddie Kitchens like horrible call, we criticize those players. Or, to go further....we occasionally BLAME those players for the loss. So, if there is a critical bad call....we can assess some blame there as well. Maybe not all...but some. We may have had all of the above in this game, dropped pass, Int. missed tackles, bad play call...bad ref's call. If Blame is a pie....we can give all of them....including the refs.....a piece.
Sure...but, if a Browns player fails. Say there is a critical dropped pass, a critical INT, a critical missed tackle....a Freddie Kitchens like horrible call, we criticize those players. Or, to go further....we occasionally BLAME those players for the loss. So, if there is a critical bad call....we can assess some blame there as well. Maybe not all...but some. We may have had all of the above in this game, dropped pass, Int. missed tackles, bad play call...bad ref's call. If Blame is a pie....we can give all of them....including the refs.....a piece.
Everything before the 5 minute to go mark disappears..... The Browns had the ball in decent field position down by 5 and a trip to the Champ game firmly in their control.
Doesn't matter what got them and the Chiefs to that point in time... they were there and the game was the Browns to win.
They just didn't.
-
Sure...that would be nice. Isn't that something we thought Peeps could do? (probably not). Maybe we can get Marty McFly's Time Machine and go back to like 20 years and pick up Randy Moss in his prime
paul warfield
-
Maybe. My son ran cross country and did some track. My daughter played some softball, but was primarily a cheerleader (HS, and 4 years in college) How were you at those?
Really good at one.... not so much at the other 2.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login