***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***
-
Yes they are, but this isn't college??? I have no clue why you felt the need to tell me that, when you know that is something I would know.
And sure, if you want to just look at one play (then really it would be 6, especially when considering the amount of hate Parkey has gotten on here). And I won't even go full dissection into you to answer. All I will say is that having a 16 point lead vs. an at best 9 point lead is huge in a coaches mind/play calling. And if you want to point out 1 play that really hurt the Browns, couldn't the Chiefs do the same with Mahomes. The Browns almost assuredly don't hold Chiefs to 22 with PM. But that is besides the point.
I will say it again, a VERY BAD missed call. They happen. The officials didn't miss it on purpose. And since this is the ONLY area of field that you can lose the ball like that, regardless of the hit, need to be a bit safer there. The exact same thing can and has happened with legal hits.
Yes they are, but this isn't college??? I have no clue why you felt the need to tell me that, when you know that is something I would know.
Who says I was telling YOU that. Just because it was your post doesn't mean that a statement I make may not be for general consumption. I was simply pointing out to everyone that that is the kind of play that is reviewable at the college level. There may be some people on here that don't actually know that. In fact, to be fair....I thought that a helmet to helmet hit....was reviewable in the NFL. But apparently not. Nevertheless, your post was simply the conduit through which that point was to be made.
And sure, if you want to just look at one play (then really it would be 6, especially when considering the amount of hate Parkey has gotten on here). And I won't even go full dissection into you to answer. All I will say is that having a 16 point lead vs. an at best 9 point lead is huge in a coaches mind/play calling. And if you want to point out 1 play that really hurt the Browns, couldn't the Chiefs do the same with Mahomes. The Browns almost assuredly don't hold Chiefs to 22 with PM. But that is besides the point.
Yes, that is why I said if that penalty had been called and the game had become closer that it may have changed the Chiefs strategy later on.
I will say it again, a VERY BAD missed call. They happen. The officials didn't miss it on purpose. And since this is the ONLY area of field that you can lose the ball like that, regardless of the hit, need to be a bit safer there. The exact same thing can and has happened with legal hits.
Sure....its all speculative. IF that call had been made the Browns may have scored another 7 points...which, speculatively could have won us the game. And maybe Higgins should have been safer there....but what I did see him do there was to make an all out effort to score. Had he played it safer, he likely does not fumble, but he also doesn't try to score...which was his goal. Maybe a bad decision on his part, as the fumble didn't keep the ball alive. Being short of the goal....on the 2 or 1 could have given us a TD...but like I said...I appreciated the effort, even if you can second guess it.
-
I just don't see why we should not expect basic competence from the officials. We expect that from all our coaches and players, don't we?
Bad and/or missed calls happen in every game, in every sport, every day. Yes, I would have loved the ref to have seen the helmet to helmet contact and made the call.... I also would have loved to see Higgins just go down at the 3 so we could then burn off all of the clock and score right before the half.
Unfortunately neither happened, and neither actually cost us the game. We had the ball with just over 5 minutes to go down by 5 and all of the momentum..... We had everything we needed.
The loss is on the Browns and no one else.
Bad and/or missed calls happen in every game, in every sport, every day. Yes, I would have loved the ref to have seen the helmet to helmet contact and made the call.... I also would have loved to see Higgins just go down at the 3 so we could then burn off all of the clock and score right before the half.
Unfortunately neither happened, and neither actually cost us the game. We had the ball with just over 5 minutes to go down by 5 and all of the momentum..... We had everything we needed.
The loss is on the Browns and no one else.
Sure...but, if a Browns player fails. Say there is a critical dropped pass, a critical INT, a critical missed tackle....a Freddie Kitchens like horrible call, we criticize those players. Or, to go further....we occasionally BLAME those players for the loss. So, if there is a critical bad call....we can assess some blame there as well. Maybe not all...but some. We may have had all of the above in this game, dropped pass, Int. missed tackles, bad play call...bad ref's call. If Blame is a pie....we can give all of them....including the refs.....a piece.
-
I don't get past mind numbing loses to easily..and this one still stings.. Though we did have the champs on the ropes to the very end..
Scoreboard says 22-17 final. Lose by -5..KC misses a extra point is 1 point & a KC doink'd a FG equals 4 missed points by KC..We lost a whole 1st half, playing & doing jack $hit imho..Missing on Higgy's 7, maybe 8 points still don't add up to the 9 we should* have needed.. Fact is.. We were not good enough today to win this close game.. than Andy Reid closed us out..
If's/but's/could'a/would'a & should'a works both ways in my playbook
I don't get past mind numbing loses to easily..and this one still stings.. Though we did have the champs on the ropes to the very end..
Scoreboard says 22-17 final. Lose by -5..KC misses a extra point is 1 point & a KC doink'd a FG equals 4 missed points by KC..We lost a whole 1st half, playing & doing jack $hit imho..Missing on Higgy's 7, maybe 8 points still don't add up to the 9 we should* have needed.. Fact is.. We were not good enough today to win this close game.. than Andy Reid closed us out..
If's/but's/could'a/would'a & should'a works both ways in my playbook
Can’t Rep this... but Yes!!!
-
Uhmmm....YOU don't control anything. You are a fan. I assume you mean: what my team's coaches and players can control.
OMG, yes obviously. I am a coach and was speaking about how I coach.... Your kids would be lucky to have me.
-
Bad and/or missed calls happen in every game, in every sport, every day. Yes, I would have loved the ref to have seen the helmet to helmet contact and made the call.... I also would have loved to see Higgins just go down at the 3 so we could then burn off all of the clock and score right before the half.
Unfortunately neither happened, and neither actually cost us the game. We had the ball with just over 5 minutes to go down by 5 and all of the momentum..... We had everything we needed.
The loss is on the Browns and no one else.
Sure...but, if a Browns player fails. Say there is a critical dropped pass, a critical INT, a critical missed tackle....a Freddie Kitchens like horrible call, we criticize those players. Or, to go further....we occasionally BLAME those players for the loss. So, if there is a critical bad call....we can assess some blame there as well. Maybe not all...but some. We may have had all of the above in this game, dropped pass, Int. missed tackles, bad play call...bad ref's call. If Blame is a pie....we can give all of them....including the refs.....a piece.
Sure...but, if a Browns player fails. Say there is a critical dropped pass, a critical INT, a critical missed tackle....a Freddie Kitchens like horrible call, we criticize those players. Or, to go further....we occasionally BLAME those players for the loss. So, if there is a critical bad call....we can assess some blame there as well. Maybe not all...but some. We may have had all of the above in this game, dropped pass, Int. missed tackles, bad play call...bad ref's call. If Blame is a pie....we can give all of them....including the refs.....a piece.
Everything before the 5 minute to go mark disappears..... The Browns had the ball in decent field position down by 5 and a trip to the Champ game firmly in their control.
Doesn't matter what got them and the Chiefs to that point in time... they were there and the game was the Browns to win.
They just didn't.
-
Sure...that would be nice. Isn't that something we thought Peeps could do? (probably not). Maybe we can get Marty McFly's Time Machine and go back to like 20 years and pick up Randy Moss in his prime
paul warfield
-
Maybe. My son ran cross country and did some track. My daughter played some softball, but was primarily a cheerleader (HS, and 4 years in college) How were you at those?
Really good at one.... not so much at the other 2.
-
I don't get past mind numbing loses to easily..and this one still stings.. Though we did have the champs on the ropes to the very end..
Scoreboard says 22-17 final. Lose by -5..KC misses a extra point is 1 point & a KC doink'd a FG equals 4 missed points by KC..We lost a whole 1st half, playing & doing jack $hit imho..Missing on Higgy's 7, maybe 8 points still don't add up to the 9 we should* have needed.. Fact is.. We were not good enough today to win this close game.. than Andy Reid closed us out..
If's/but's/could'a/would'a & should'a works both ways in my playbook
I don't get past mind numbing loses to easily..and this one still stings.. Though we did have the champs on the ropes to the very end..
Scoreboard says 22-17 final. Lose by -5..KC misses a extra point is 1 point & a KC doink'd a FG equals 4 missed points by KC..We lost a whole 1st half, playing & doing jack $hit imho..Missing on Higgy's 7, maybe 8 points still don't add up to the 9 we should* have needed.. Fact is.. We were not good enough today to win this close game.. than Andy Reid closed us out..
If's/but's/could'a/would'a & should'a works both ways in my playbook
Well....like I said....if Blame were a pie there could be several pieces doled out. Its just that the piece that you give to the refs seems to be ala mode.
-
Let's be honest, if Higgins scores, nobody would be looking at the helmet hit. Higgins fumbled, that's why people are bitching about the hit.
Disagree... the fumble called attention to the hit. But once it is seen and discussed by the announcers, and called by Gene-Gene the Official machine, the hit has a life of its own.
Also had Higgins been hit legally there... he still fumbles.
... the refs were watching the ball and possession and just did not see the helmets meeting.
Good excuse for the Side Judge, but the Back judge should have seen it.
He plays too much Tampa 2... I HATE the Tampa 2 defense..... You have to have an extraordinary secondary to even run it half assed...
So you'd prefer Sendejo in a single-high?
Also per Romo we played a lot of Cover 4 in the 2nd half.
Disagree... the fumble called attention to the hit. But once it is seen and discussed by the announcers, and called by Gene-Gene the Official machine, the hit has a life of its own.
Also had Higgins been hit legally there... he still fumbles.
Good excuse for the Side Judge, but the Back judge should have seen it.
So you'd prefer Sendejo in a single-high?
Also per Romo we played a lot of Cover 4 in the 2nd half.
It looks like prevent defense to me... It BLOWS!
-
Sure...but, if a Browns player fails. Say there is a critical dropped pass, a critical INT, a critical missed tackle....a Freddie Kitchens like horrible call, we criticize those players. Or, to go further....we occasionally BLAME those players for the loss. So, if there is a critical bad call....we can assess some blame there as well. Maybe not all...but some. We may have had all of the above in this game, dropped pass, Int. missed tackles, bad play call...bad ref's call. If Blame is a pie....we can give all of them....including the refs.....a piece.
Everything before the 5 minute to go mark disappears..... The Browns had the ball in decent field position down by 5 and a trip to the Champ game firmly in their control.
Doesn't matter what got them and the Chiefs to that point in time... they were there and the game was the Browns to win.
They just didn't.
Everything before the 5 minute to go mark disappears..... The Browns had the ball in decent field postilion down by 5 and a trip to the Champ game firmly in their control.
Doesn't matter what got them and the Chiefs to that point in time... they were there and the game was the Browns to win.
They just didn't.
Well...that is one way to look at it. Another is to say that....if all those pieces of pie that we hadn't been handed out earlier in the game we would have perhaps still had full pan full of pie.....and then the shoe would have been on the foot of the other team to try to catch us, rather than vice versa. Maybe they do it....but they didn't have to try.
-
Disagree... the fumble called attention to the hit. But once it is seen and discussed by the announcers, and called by Gene-Gene the Official machine, the hit has a life of its own.
Also had Higgins been hit legally there... he still fumbles.
Good excuse for the Side Judge, but the Back judge should have seen it.
So you'd prefer Sendejo in a single-high?
Also per Romo we played a lot of Cover 4 in the 2nd half.
It looks like prevent defense to me... It BLOWS!
-
Maybe. My son ran cross country and did some track. My daughter played some softball, but was primarily a cheerleader (HS, and 4 years in college) How were you at those?
Really good at one.... not so much at the other 2.
-
Everything before the 5 minute to go mark disappears..... The Browns had the ball in decent field postilion down by 5 and a trip to the Champ game firmly in their control.
Doesn't matter what got them and the Chiefs to that point in time... they were there and the game was the Browns to win.
They just didn't.
Well...that is one way to look at it. Another is to say that....if all those pieces of pie that we hadn't been handed out earlier in the game we would have perhaps still had full pan full of pie.....and then the shoe would have been on the foot of the other team to try to catch us, rather than vice versa. Maybe they do it....but they didn't have to try.
Well...that is one way to look at it. Another is to say that....if all those pieces of pie that we hadn't been handed out earlier in the game we would have perhaps still had full pan full of pie.....and then the shoe would have been on the foot of the other team to try to catch us, rather than vice versa. Maybe they do it....but they didn't have to try.
For what it's worth, I'm not disagreeing that it was a big missed call, I'm just saying that the Browns had a chance to win the game after it but simply failed. As you can probably tell, objects in my rear view mirror are never closer than they appear.
Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too. ?
-
Well...that is one way to look at it. Another is to say that....if all those pieces of pie that we hadn't been handed out earlier in the game we would have perhaps still had full pan full of pie.....and then the shoe would have been on the foot of the other team to try to catch us, rather than vice versa. Maybe they do it....but they didn't have to try.
For what it's worth, I'm not disagreeing that it was a big missed call, I'm just saying that the Browns had a chance to win the game after it but simply failed. As you can probably tell, objects in my rear view mirror are never closer than they appear.
Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too. ?
For what it's worth, I'm not disagreeing that it was a big missed call, I'm just saying that the Browns had a chance to win the game after it but simply failed. As you can probably tell, objects in my rear view mirror are never closer than they appear.
Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too. ?
Agreed. I was chatting with some friends and we talked about the Saints-Rams no PI call.
It's blatant, infuriating and shameful. The NFL should not let that happen.
But both the Saints and the Browns had a chance to win and didn't seize it. And ironically, I remember you and I saying the same thing back then.
-
Jesus you are a fucking tool.
Don't insult my favorite band like that by calling that Retard a Tool. Dude has zero football I.Q.
-
Greedy wasn’t much when he’s played. So please...if he’s coming back...we will see a soft tissue injury week 1 of the 2nd quarter after he’s beat for a TD.
Moving on....Hunt is fresh for next week.
I hate complaining about missed calls when we executed nothing and called an awful game.
Move on to the draft...clean house on defense.
Unfortunately, both Greedy and Ward have proven that they can not be counted on to be on the field consistently.
Can't make the club, sittin' in the tub.
Unfortunately, both Greedy and Ward have proven that they can not be counted on to be on the field consistently.
I think you're painting with a tad too broad of a brush, my friend...
Greedy:
Missed all of 2020 or 0/18 so 22/34 games missed in two seasons - 64.7% missed
Ward:
Raw data says missed 13/50, but 2 in 2020 were Covid so I'm axing those. 12/48 in three seasons or 25% missed.
While I agree that a higher availability is desirable, the other mitigating things for Ward is that he's neither repeated an injury nor suffered a major one requiring surgery.
He's a keeper in my book.
-
I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done.
This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball.
-
Now who is the pervert? ?
Any kid that has ever played for this 2 time California 16u Softball champion coach knows only 2 words....... Effort and Attitude.
The only 2 things that they actually control. They can't control where I bat them, where I play them or if I play them at all, and they sure as hell can't control the umpires' calls.
Bottom of the 7th, 2 outs, full count, bases loaded, down 1, and you get called out on a high pitch? Don't blame anyone but yourself.... FOUL THAT SHIT OFF AND FIND A WAY TO WIN THE GAME ON THE NEXT PITCH!!!
Effort and Attitude..... the only things that any of us really control.
(That'll be $100 for the coaching lesson)
-
Maybe. My son ran cross country and did some track. My daughter played some softball, but was primarily a cheerleader (HS, and 4 years in college) How were you at those?
Really good at one.... not so much at the other 2.
-
Well...that is one way to look at it. Another is to say that....if all those pieces of pie that we hadn't been handed out earlier in the game we would have perhaps still had full pan full of pie.....and then the shoe would have been on the foot of the other team to try to catch us, rather than vice versa. Maybe they do it....but they didn't have to try.
For what it's worth, I'm not disagreeing that it was a big missed call, I'm just saying that the Browns had a chance to win the game after it but simply failed. As you can probably tell, objects in my rear view mirror are never closer than they appear.
Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too. ?
Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too.
Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login