Skip to content

***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
341 49 9.8k 1
  • @d-bone said:

    .... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was. 

    The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend  to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close. 
     

    Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend  to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close. 
     

    Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.

    For sure! I have never been so happy to be so wrong regarding Baker. He's our dude for the next 7-10 years and he is good enough to win a Super Bowl if we can put a defense around him. 

  • @browns52 said:

    i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...

    just saying, beckham was a weapon when he was with the giants......overall, he has not done much with the browns.....

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @browns52 said:

    just saying, beckham was a weapon when he was with the giants......overall, he has not done much with the browns.....

    I have a strong feeling OBJ won't be here next season..... He's a non factor on this team... And.. Never will be...

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    So I'm still awake while you east coasters are sleeping, and I am sitting here feeling weirdly and comfortably satisfied after the Browns season is officially over.

    It's been damn near half of my 53 years of life since I have felt this way after the Browns final game of the season..... Usually it's just relief that it's finally over and uncontrolled hope that it will someday mercifully get better "if they can just get the right people in place."

    Tonight, it's a peaceful, easy feeling (name that artist) and one that will allow me to go to bed in a few minutes and fall asleep with a little smile on my face, as I know I have a real chance to see my Browns in the Super Bowl coming up for the next few years.... and that is exciting as hell.

    Thank you Browns for a great season, and thank you for restoring more than just hope - thank you for restoring my expectations. 

    Good night, and good luck. 

  • @d-bone said:

    Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too. 

    Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

    Oh, is that what they're calling it now? 

    @gunz41

    What is this you've tagged me in? I'm in no mental condition to go back multiple pages and read at this time.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80

    I mentioned Stef calling the game in reverse.  Looking at ESPN's play call chart and that appears to be just what happened.  Only issue is the offense left a reasonable deal of points on the field today.

    Long off-season.  So plenty of time to go over draft prospects and Browns film.  That work begins Monday morning.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money. 

    If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground... 

  • Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money. 

    If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground... 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money. 

    If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground... 

    It's not a fumble by any means. 

  • @poeticg said:

    Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money. 

    If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground... 

    It's not a fumble by any means. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    It's not a fumble by any means. 

    You're right, he was down. Went and watched it again... Mack knocked the ball out just after he hit the ground, that's what I saw.

  • @sdbacker80

    I mentioned Stef calling the game in reverse.  Looking at ESPN's play call chart and that appears to be just what happened.  Only issue is the offense left a reasonable deal of points on the field today.

    Long off-season.  So plenty of time to go over draft prospects and Browns film.  That work begins Monday morning.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @tiamat63 said:

    @sdbacker80

    I mentioned Stef calling the game in reverse.  Looking at ESPN's play call chart and that appears to be just what happened.  Only issue is the offense left a reasonable deal of points on the field today.

    Long off-season.  So plenty of time to go over draft prospects and Browns film.  That work begins Monday morning.

    Yep - we had a 2 to 1 (8/4) pass/run ratio on the first drive.  Runs were fairly successful 5/6/5 yards one went for 0.

    Last drive of the half three minutes left.  6 plays no runs.  2 other plays were passes as well that were negated by penalties.

    To Stef’s credit we had a few screens (essentially run plays) dropped by Chubb.

    0 runs from Hunt this half. 

    ^^^^This sequence left a lot to be desired.  

    The good...I love our line heck Hance is GREAT depth.  We’ve completely overhauled and fixed it all.

    A lot to be desired from our defense so major work there especially up the middle. They actually played a decent game fortunate Mahomes went out- which presented a golden opportunity for us that we couldn’t cash in on.  Chad Henne!!!  I didn’t even know he was still on a roster.

    Tough one to swallow. Great season but that was an opportunity we didn’t take advantage of...gonna be hard to watch next week 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

    Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @tour2ma, @hoorta, @dutch-oven, @nero, @tiamat63???

    Whatever the guy confronting Gipper says. 

    Gipper you should learn to shut up sometimes. You get to be obnoxious at times and it is only because you'll go through the longest rabbit holes ever. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Whatever the guy confronting Gipper says. 

    Gipper you should learn to shut up sometimes. You get to be obnoxious at times and it is only because you'll go through the longest rabbit holes ever. 

    Sorry if you can't keep up.  

    Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

    Prove it.   Provide your resume.  (and why with all your experience do you not know how to copy and paste?)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @tour2ma, @hoorta, @dutch-oven, @nero, @tiamat63???

    But...you see, those are just guys on a chat board.  Who sometimes have interesting opinions.

    But like I said.....I never claimed to have that same kind of knowledge and experience. (but there are some things where common sense still applies....like thinking that Barmore should not be discounted because one of them thinks he may not "fit").    But what I do do is to look at and read the opinions of actual experts.....  So, sorry, I do value those experts opinions more highly than I do these guy's opinions. 

    Doesn't that make sense?  Is there a problem with that? 

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by MDDawg

    Late to the party but very proud of my Browns. My thoughts on the game are we were outcoached yesterday not by a huge margin but in the playoffs just one bad decision can be the difference between winning and losing. Our offense failed us, going into this game I think we all suspected it would take 30+ points to beat KC but we only scored 17. The Defense has been bad all season and to hold KC to 22 points is admirable. We lack speed to defend even Henne's last run and Reid's 4th and 1 call to speedy Hill. Finally we were hosed by bad ref calls but still had a chance to win at the end.

    The future's bright and priorities should be to trade or draft a healthy speedy receiver (Beckham's health can't be relied on) and speedy defensive backs, we're no longer looking at winning the AFC north but how to beat teams like KC and Buffalo in the playoffs. Go Browns!!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

    Oh, is that what they're calling it now? 

    @gunz41

    What is this you've tagged me in? I'm in no mental condition to go back multiple pages and read at this time.

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh, is that what they're calling it now? 

    @gunz41

    What is this you've tagged me in? I'm in no mental condition to go back multiple pages and read at this time.

    Sorry confused myself in the 2 threads.

    Just went up the page on to tag a few to ask IF Devonta Smith were available at 26 if Browns should take him

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Oh, is that what they're calling it now? 

    @gunz41

    What is this you've tagged me in? I'm in no mental condition to go back multiple pages and read at this time.

    Sorry confused myself in the 2 threads.

    Just went up the page on to tag a few to ask IF Devonta Smith were available at 26 if Browns should take him

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @gunz41 said:

    Sorry confused myself in the 2 threads.

    Just went up the page on to tag a few to ask IF Devonta Smith were available at 26 if Browns should take him

     He won't be there, so it really doesn't matter.

    In some Narnia-land-ass pipe dream? That's beyond an easy call.    His footwork and strong hands are just special.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Sorry confused myself in the 2 threads.

    Just went up the page on to tag a few to ask IF Devonta Smith were available at 26 if Browns should take him

     He won't be there, so it really doesn't matter.

    In some Narnia-land-ass pipe dream? That's beyond an easy call.    His footwork and strong hands are just special.

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

     He won't be there, so it really doesn't matter.

    In some Narnia-land-ass pipe dream? That's beyond an easy call.    His footwork and strong hands are just special.

    Of course he won't, but there was some confusion about who someone who Gipper was replying to was talking about. So that is where the question came from.

    No doubt that he is special, and I think he fits on any team, but WR just isn't a need on this team. So if Smith is left, but you also have 3 d guys left rated in 1st round, I take the D guy

  • @tiamat63 said:

     He won't be there, so it really doesn't matter.

    In some Narnia-land-ass pipe dream? That's beyond an easy call.    His footwork and strong hands are just special.

    Of course he won't, but there was some confusion about who someone who Gipper was replying to was talking about. So that is where the question came from.

    No doubt that he is special, and I think he fits on any team, but WR just isn't a need on this team. So if Smith is left, but you also have 3 d guys left rated in 1st round, I take the D guy

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @gunz41 said:

    Of course he won't, but there was some confusion about who someone who Gipper was replying to was talking about. So that is where the question came from.

    No doubt that he is special, and I think he fits on any team, but WR just isn't a need on this team. So if Smith is left, but you also have 3 d guys left rated in 1st round, I take the D guy

    Depends on the defensive player, position and where I have them ranked in their said position group. Smith is WR #1 in this draft.   If I get the best player to fall to me (without medical concern) and my option is him against, let's say the 5th rated LB? - then I'm taking the receiver.    

    This defense needs help, zero doubt about that and I'm sure my amateur eyes will find some great additions day 2 and beyond.   But the offense is what cost the Browns a date with Buffalo. Don't be so quick to dismiss our need for a true perimeter threat, especially if ODB doesn't come back healthy.  

  • @nero said:

    Whatever the guy confronting Gipper says. 

    Gipper you should learn to shut up sometimes. You get to be obnoxious at times and it is only because you'll go through the longest rabbit holes ever. 

    Sorry if you can't keep up.  

    Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

    Prove it.   Provide your resume.  (and why with all your experience do you not know how to copy and paste?)

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry if you can't keep up.  

    Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

    Prove it.   Provide your resume.  (and why with all your experience do you not know how to copy and paste?)

    I'm guessing this is supposed to be somehow directed at me. Which if so makes it even funnier, since you are trying to discredit based on not knowing how to copy and paste, and didn't even tag the correct person. And 2, I have no idea how that has a thing to do with football knowledge but ok???

    And secondly, I don't care what you or anyone else believes. But I absolutely am not going to put my personal information online somewhere that I don't know the security of it, especially with people I don't know (and that is absolutely no offense to anyone). I'm pretty dumb, but not that dumb.

    I don't know why everyone else believes me, and you don't want to. I certainly don't know what I would have to gain by lying about that? But go ahead and believe what you want

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sorry if you can't keep up.  

    Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

    Prove it.   Provide your resume.  (and why with all your experience do you not know how to copy and paste?)

    I'm guessing this is supposed to be somehow directed at me. Which if so makes it even funnier, since you are trying to discredit based on not knowing how to copy and paste, and didn't even tag the correct person. And 2, I have no idea how that has a thing to do with football knowledge but ok???

    And secondly, I don't care what you or anyone else believes. But I absolutely am not going to put my personal information online somewhere that I don't know the security of it, especially with people I don't know (and that is absolutely no offense to anyone). I'm pretty dumb, but not that dumb.

    I don't know why everyone else believes me, and you don't want to. I certainly don't know what I would have to gain by lying about that? But go ahead and believe what you want

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gunz41 said:

    I'm guessing this is supposed to be somehow directed at me. Which if so makes it even funnier, since you are trying to discredit based on not knowing how to copy and paste, and didn't even tag the correct person. And 2, I have no idea how that has a thing to do with football knowledge but ok???

    And secondly, I don't care what you or anyone else believes. But I absolutely am not going to put my personal information online somewhere that I don't know the security of it, especially with people I don't know (and that is absolutely no offense to anyone). I'm pretty dumb, but not that dumb.

    I don't know why everyone else believes me, and you don't want to. I certainly don't know what I would have to gain by lying about that? But go ahead and believe what you want

    Just fucking with you.  I believe you are Knute Rockne reincarnated!  

  • @gunz41 said:

    Of course he won't, but there was some confusion about who someone who Gipper was replying to was talking about. So that is where the question came from.

    No doubt that he is special, and I think he fits on any team, but WR just isn't a need on this team. So if Smith is left, but you also have 3 d guys left rated in 1st round, I take the D guy

    Depends on the defensive player, position and where I have them ranked in their said position group. Smith is WR #1 in this draft.   If I get the best player to fall to me (without medical concern) and my option is him against, let's say the 5th rated LB? - then I'm taking the receiver.    

    This defense needs help, zero doubt about that and I'm sure my amateur eyes will find some great additions day 2 and beyond.   But the offense is what cost the Browns a date with Buffalo. Don't be so quick to dismiss our need for a true perimeter threat, especially if ODB doesn't come back healthy.  

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Depends on the defensive player, position and where I have them ranked in their said position group. Smith is WR #1 in this draft.   If I get the best player to fall to me (without medical concern) and my option is him against, let's say the 5th rated LB? - then I'm taking the receiver.    

    This defense needs help, zero doubt about that and I'm sure my amateur eyes will find some great additions day 2 and beyond.   But the offense is what cost the Browns a date with Buffalo. Don't be so quick to dismiss our need for a true perimeter threat, especially if ODB doesn't come back healthy.  

    I agree, but I am basing that off of OBJ being back. If he is gone then absolutely. But again it depends on what is left. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    I'm guessing this is supposed to be somehow directed at me. Which if so makes it even funnier, since you are trying to discredit based on not knowing how to copy and paste, and didn't even tag the correct person. And 2, I have no idea how that has a thing to do with football knowledge but ok???

    And secondly, I don't care what you or anyone else believes. But I absolutely am not going to put my personal information online somewhere that I don't know the security of it, especially with people I don't know (and that is absolutely no offense to anyone). I'm pretty dumb, but not that dumb.

    I don't know why everyone else believes me, and you don't want to. I certainly don't know what I would have to gain by lying about that? But go ahead and believe what you want

    Just fucking with you.  I believe you are Knute Rockne reincarnated!  

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Just fucking with you.  I believe you are Knute Rockne reincarnated!  

    Nobody said that, I don't even pretend to be the most knowledgeable person on this board, certainly don't know more than A LOT of people in the country, and of course I am biased, but I have a coaching father who knows more than me (shh. Dont tell him that).

    My whole point with that, is that someone who hasn't been there (nothing wrong with that, and not saying NFL obviously) may not have the same insight