***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***
-
I would think you of all people would know how to spell Vagisil...
?
I'm actually talking about a real medical event tho. The chiefs are saying pinched nerve and his wooziness is attributed to that and not his head hitting the ground SO your take that it didn't hit very hard is accurate.
-
I would think you of all people would know how to spell Vagisil...
?
I'm actually talking about a real medical event tho. The chiefs are saying pinched nerve and his wooziness is attributed to that and not his head hitting the ground SO your take that it didn't hit very hard is accurate.
?
I'm actually talking about a real medical event tho. The chiefs are saying pinched nerve and his wooziness is attributed to that and not his head hitting the ground SO your take that it didn't hit very hard is accurate.
And Mahomes one was minor. I have seen a serious vasovagal and it is pretty scary.
-
I would think you of all people would know how to spell Vagisil...
?
I'm actually talking about a real medical event tho. The chiefs are saying pinched nerve and his wooziness is attributed to that and not his head hitting the ground SO your take that it didn't hit very hard is accurate.
?
I'm actually talking about a real medical event tho. The chiefs are saying pinched nerve and his wooziness is attributed to that and not his head hitting the ground SO your take that it didn't hit very hard is accurate.
Well... since you said I was right about something... now you have my attention.
truth was I did not know what vasovagal (syncope) was. Now I do...

So now the question is what prompted it? Only thing I know is Mahommes looked "scared" as his head was approaching the ground. Have to add that does not seem consistent with all the times I've seen him take hits. Then again he does not take them very often... minds eye is now replaying a lot of slides and scampers OB.
So I guess it is possible that this time he knew he was not in control of what was coming at him... and it triggered the reaction.
At any rate it's an interesting speculation that I am sure teams across the league will be considering. Not that a QB who doesn't like to be hit is anything new.
-
I still contend that somehow the oxygen got cut off to his brain, from the tackle around his neck, and that is what caused him to black out while attempting to stand.
And fuck Travis Kelce.
-
?
I'm actually talking about a real medical event tho. The chiefs are saying pinched nerve and his wooziness is attributed to that and not his head hitting the ground SO your take that it didn't hit very hard is accurate.
And Mahomes one was minor. I have seen a serious vasovagal and it is pretty scary.
And Mahomes one was minor. I have seen a serious vasovagal and it is pretty scary.
Do the symptoms include the... I want to say "planking, but I know that's wrong... the involuntary arm and leg extending that the Dr. that ATOM posted was talking about?
EDIT: Term was "fencing response" and it was Nero that made the original post which ATOM quoted.
-
For sure! I have never been so happy to be so wrong regarding Baker. He's our dude for the next 7-10 years and he is good enough to win a Super Bowl if we can put a defense around him.
Pretty sure that would constitute "too many men on the field."
my 53 years of life
No wonder those 30-something riders get pissed.
You're right, he was down. Went and watched it again... Mack knocked the ball out just after he hit the ground, that's what I saw.
Knee was down... ground knocked the ball loose momentarily and Mahommes reflexively pulled it back to him.
Last part was actually quite impressive considering the stars he was seeing at that moment.
Pretty sure that would constitute "too many men on the field."
No wonder those 30-something riders get pissed.
Knee was down... ground knocked the ball loose momentarily and Mahommes reflexively pulled it back to him.
Last part was actually quite impressive considering the stars he was seeing at that moment.
Crazy that a guy that everyone claims is so good damn near knocked himself out of the game trying to slide...
Mahomes is good QB without a doubt but I'd take Baker Mayfield over him everyday of the week.
-
Pretty sure that would constitute "too many men on the field."
No wonder those 30-something riders get pissed.
Knee was down... ground knocked the ball loose momentarily and Mahommes reflexively pulled it back to him.
Last part was actually quite impressive considering the stars he was seeing at that moment.
Crazy that a guy that everyone claims is so good damn near knocked himself out of the game trying to slide...
Mahomes is good QB without a doubt but I'd take Baker Mayfield over him everyday of the week.
-
If it was vasovagal, I'd say he would have been KO'd.
My sister had one when my brother in law was dry needling her. She said "I'm not OK" and a milisecond later she was switched off as a computer. Instant KO. We had to run to hold her because she almost hits badly with a table.
No way Mahomes doesn't lose conscience even for a second, and then isn't able to return for 2 quarters. My sister in half an hour was back to nromal and had it way worse.
Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement sounds more legit to me, looking at the reaction of the left side of his body.
-
Well I see time away from the board hasn't changed anything for PoG.
Good lord.
I sit here in stunned disbelief. I had to actually grab the devil lettuce and take a rip to ponder it again in an effort to just understand. I'm still at a loss.
-
If it was vasovagal, I'd say he would have been KO'd.
My sister had one when my brother in law was dry needling her. She said "I'm not OK" and a milisecond later she was switched off as a computer. Instant KO. We had to run to hold her because she almost hits badly with a table.
No way Mahomes doesn't lose conscience even for a second, and then isn't able to return for 2 quarters. My sister in half an hour was back to nromal and had it way worse.
Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement sounds more legit to me, looking at the reaction of the left side of his body.
If it was vasovagal, I'd say he would have been KO'd.
My sister had one when my brother in law was dry needling her. She said "I'm not OK" and a milisecond later she was switched off as a computer. Instant KO. We had to run to hold her because she almost hits badly with a table.
No way Mahomes doesn't lose conscience even for a second, and then isn't able to return for 2 quarters. My sister in half an hour was back to nromal and had it way worse.
Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement sounds more legit to me, looking at the reaction of the left side of his body.
I mean something had to have happened for him to not go into protocol and the team to label it a pinched nerve. I only offered that diagnosis after reading a tweet from a surgeon that writes for a steeler site i follow. I had no idea what the hell it was up until that point. Pro athletes + adrenaline maybe it didn't take him out for that reason?
-
And Mahomes one was minor. I have seen a serious vasovagal and it is pretty scary.
Do the symptoms include the... I want to say "planking, but I know that's wrong... the involuntary arm and leg extending that the Dr. that ATOM posted was talking about?
EDIT: Term was "fencing response" and it was Nero that made the original post which ATOM quoted.
Do the symptoms include the... I want to say "planking, but I know that's wrong... the involuntary arm and leg extending that the Dr. that ATOM posted was talking about?
EDIT: Term was "fencing response" and it was Nero that made the original post which ATOM quoted.
I have no clue. The one serious one I witnessed was after someone had an IV put in, eyes rolled back of head and like passed out and whole body tensed up. Somewhat like a seizure, without the shake. About 30 seconds later back to normal.
-
Well I see time away from the board hasn't changed anything for PoG.
Good lord.
and maybe i'm just baked but i read his little myspace bio under is avatar and it has me in my feelings. I'm ready to get creative!
-
PoG has been on here more Since the Browns lost yesterday that he has been here all year long.
-
There was actually almost 2 mins left. And We saw some big chunk pass plays.
I’m going to say 20%-25%
Wrong dude. 4th down play was snapped at 1:16, & 5 secs on play clock. Max time after punt would have been 65 seconds.
-
If it was vasovagal, I'd say he would have been KO'd.
My sister had one when my brother in law was dry needling her. She said "I'm not OK" and a milisecond later she was switched off as a computer. Instant KO. We had to run to hold her because she almost hits badly with a table.
No way Mahomes doesn't lose conscience even for a second, and then isn't able to return for 2 quarters. My sister in half an hour was back to nromal and had it way worse.
Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement sounds more legit to me, looking at the reaction of the left side of his body.
I mean something had to have happened for him to not go into protocol and the team to label it a pinched nerve. I only offered that diagnosis after reading a tweet from a surgeon that writes for a steeler site i follow. I had no idea what the hell it was up until that point. Pro athletes + adrenaline maybe it didn't take him out for that reason?
I mean something had to have happened for him to not go into protocol and the team to label it a pinched nerve. I only offered that diagnosis after reading a tweet from a surgeon that writes for a steeler site i follow. I had no idea what the hell it was up until that point. Pro athletes + adrenaline maybe it didn't take him out for that reason?
He went into protocol, and a vasovagal syncop I'd say is not like a muscle injury that the adrenaline and energy can work around. It is closer to a suckerpunch in the liver that turns you off.
What Mahomes had was closer to a KO by a hook to the head: fast neck movement, resulting in a self defense ('fencing') position reaction by the body.
I think that one way or another they'll work around the concussion protocol so the NFL playoffs don't go Mahomes-less. Maybe the vasovagal historyline is there for that reason. First one to mention it was a KC journalist and even Rapaport was surprised by that because he knew nothing...
PS: my English vocabulary is lacking at medicine+boxing so I hope I explained myself.
-
Pretty sure that would constitute "too many men on the field."
No wonder those 30-something riders get pissed.
Knee was down... ground knocked the ball loose momentarily and Mahommes reflexively pulled it back to him.
Last part was actually quite impressive considering the stars he was seeing at that moment.
Crazy that a guy that everyone claims is so good damn near knocked himself out of the game trying to slide...
Mahomes is good QB without a doubt but I'd take Baker Mayfield over him everyday of the week.
-
If it was vasovagal, I'd say he would have been KO'd.
My sister had one when my brother in law was dry needling her. She said "I'm not OK" and a milisecond later she was switched off as a computer. Instant KO. We had to run to hold her because she almost hits badly with a table.
No way Mahomes doesn't lose conscience even for a second, and then isn't able to return for 2 quarters. My sister in half an hour was back to nromal and had it way worse.
Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement sounds more legit to me, looking at the reaction of the left side of his body.
-
Well I see time away from the board hasn't changed anything for PoG.
Good lord.
and maybe i'm just baked but i read his little myspace bio under is avatar and it has me in my feelings. I'm ready to get creative!
-
i'm very happy the Browns had a winning season, long over due. And the Chiefs game was looking to be a blowout until P. Mahomes was declared out for the game. Then we got robbed on the No Helmet to helmet contact hit at the one yard line that caused a fumble that resulted a touchback and gave the ball back to the Chiefs at the 20. TOTALLY got cheated. We could have taken the lead with a possible TD and may have won the game.
-
Except for no such thing being in evidence... sure...
There's no evidence but the video itself.
The neck goes down fast because as Wilson is tackling him, Mahomes is going down thus the defenders arm holds him around the neck and is going down fast, Mack Wilson is noy a tiny guy.
It's similar to having a car accident with the seat belt on, the difference being you have a NFL linebacker's arm around your neck...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
