Skip to content

***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
341 49 9.8k 1
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    PoG has been on here more Since the Browns lost yesterday that he has been here all year long.

  • @falcon7 said:

    What if Chiefs punted on 4th down?  Browns have around 1 minute and no T'O's to go 80 to maybe 98 yards. Chances of scoring a td are what?  Maybe 5% at best...  

    There was actually almost 2 mins left.  And We saw some big chunk pass plays.  
     

    I’m going to say 20%-25%

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    There was actually almost 2 mins left.  And We saw some big chunk pass plays.  
     

    I’m going to say 20%-25%

    Wrong dude.  4th down play was snapped at 1:16, & 5 secs on play clock. Max time after punt would have been 65 seconds.   

  • @nero said:

    If it was vasovagal, I'd say he would have been KO'd. 

    My sister had one when my brother in law was dry needling her. She said "I'm not OK" and a milisecond later she was switched off as a computer. Instant KO. We had to run to hold her because she almost hits badly with a table. 

    No way Mahomes doesn't lose conscience even for a second, and then isn't able to return for 2 quarters. My sister in half an hour was back to nromal and had it way worse. 

    Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement sounds more legit to me, looking at the reaction of the left side of his body. 

    I mean something had to have happened for him to not go into protocol and the team to label it a pinched nerve.  I only offered that diagnosis after reading a tweet from a surgeon that writes for a steeler site i follow.  I had no idea what the hell it was up until that point. Pro athletes + adrenaline maybe it didn't take him out for that reason?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero

    @vagitron said:

    I mean something had to have happened for him to not go into protocol and the team to label it a pinched nerve.  I only offered that diagnosis after reading a tweet from a surgeon that writes for a steeler site i follow.  I had no idea what the hell it was up until that point. Pro athletes + adrenaline maybe it didn't take him out for that reason?

    He went into protocol, and a vasovagal syncop I'd say is not like a muscle injury that the adrenaline and energy can work around. It is closer to a suckerpunch in the liver that turns you off.

    What Mahomes had was closer to a KO by a hook to the head: fast neck movement, resulting in a self defense ('fencing') position reaction by the body. 

    I think that one way or another they'll work around the concussion protocol so the NFL playoffs don't go Mahomes-less. Maybe the vasovagal historyline is there for that reason. First one to mention it was a KC journalist and even Rapaport was surprised by that because he knew nothing... 

    PS: my English vocabulary is lacking at medicine+boxing so I hope I explained myself. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Pretty sure that would constitute "too many men on the field."

    No wonder those 30-something riders get pissed.

    Knee was down... ground knocked the ball loose momentarily and Mahommes reflexively pulled it back to him.

    Last part was actually quite impressive considering the stars he was seeing at that moment.

    Crazy that a guy that everyone claims is so good damn near knocked himself out of the game trying to slide... 

    Mahomes is good QB without a doubt but I'd take Baker Mayfield over him everyday of the week. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Mahomes is good QB without a doubt but I'd take Baker Mayfield over him everyday of the week. 

    I missed this comment.

    Thank you for always bringing the comical relief. 

  • If it was vasovagal, I'd say he would have been KO'd. 

    My sister had one when my brother in law was dry needling her. She said "I'm not OK" and a milisecond later she was switched off as a computer. Instant KO. We had to run to hold her because she almost hits badly with a table. 

    No way Mahomes doesn't lose conscience even for a second, and then isn't able to return for 2 quarters. My sister in half an hour was back to nromal and had it way worse. 

    Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement sounds more legit to me, looking at the reaction of the left side of his body. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement

    Except for no such thing being in evidence... sure...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well I see time away from the board hasn't changed anything for PoG. 

    Good lord. 

    and maybe i'm just baked but i read his little myspace bio under is avatar and it has me in my feelings. I'm ready to get creative!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    and maybe i'm just baked but i read his little myspace bio under is avatar and it has me in my feelings. I'm ready to get creative! 

    First, "it has me in my feelings"??? Yeah, I'd say "baked".

    Second, that creativity has to include some homage to you-know-who. 😁

  • BrownsfaninPaB BrownsfaninPa wrote on last edited by

    i'm very happy the Browns had a winning season, long over due. And the Chiefs game was looking to be a blowout until P. Mahomes was declared out for the game. Then we got robbed on the No Helmet to helmet contact hit at the one yard line that caused a fumble that resulted a touchback and gave the ball back to the Chiefs at the 20. TOTALLY got cheated. We could have taken the lead with a possible TD and may have won the game.

  • @nero said:

    Sutterer explaination that it is a concussion produced by a fast neck movement

    Except for no such thing being in evidence... sure...

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Except for no such thing being in evidence... sure...

    There's no evidence but the video itself.

    The neck goes down fast because as Wilson is tackling him, Mahomes is going down thus the defenders arm holds him around the neck and is going down fast, Mack Wilson is noy a tiny guy. 

    It's similar to having a car accident with the seat belt on, the difference being you have a NFL linebacker's arm around your neck... 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Except for no such thing being in evidence... sure...

    There's no evidence but the video itself.

    The neck goes down fast because as Wilson is tackling him, Mahomes is going down thus the defenders arm holds him around the neck and is going down fast, Mack Wilson is noy a tiny guy. 

    It's similar to having a car accident with the seat belt on, the difference being you have a NFL linebacker's arm around your neck... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    The neck goes down fast

    Sorry... I see the neck at an angle to the spine from the beginning of the "takedown" to after the so-called impact with the ground that does not change.

    I simply see no acceleration or deceleration of PMah's head that would cause his brain to impact his skull.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    I thought he got choked out just a tad myself.  And you would have wobbly knees after that too.  I’ve seen this in wrestling (not the fake stuff) from time to time. If you are gasping for air or slightly winded it doesn’t take that much time to have an arm or hand slapped around your neck or in the right spot.  

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    There was actually almost 2 mins left.  And We saw some big chunk pass plays.  
     

    I’m going to say 20%-25%

    Wrong dude.  4th down play was snapped at 1:16, & 5 secs on play clock. Max time after punt would have been 65 seconds.   

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @falcon7 said:

    Wrong dude.  4th down play was snapped at 1:16, & 5 secs on play clock. Max time after punt would have been 65 seconds.   

    You are correct.

    im still thinking 20% though 

  • i'm very happy the Browns had a winning season, long over due. And the Chiefs game was looking to be a blowout until P. Mahomes was declared out for the game. Then we got robbed on the No Helmet to helmet contact hit at the one yard line that caused a fumble that resulted a touchback and gave the ball back to the Chiefs at the 20. TOTALLY got cheated. We could have taken the lead with a possible TD and may have won the game.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    i'm very happy the Browns had a winning season, long over due. And the Chiefs game was looking to be a blowout until P. Mahomes was declared out for the game. Then we got robbed on the No Helmet to helmet contact hit at the one yard line that caused a fumble that resulted a touchback and gave the ball back to the Chiefs at the 20. TOTALLY got cheated. We could have taken the lead with a possible TD and may have won the game.

    defense lost the game.....the helmet to helmet should have been called but i don't, in my opinion was the reason we lost.....we were given a gift from the good lord above and we could not capitalize on it.....the d let a backup qb scramble for 13 and a half yds......setting up the game winning pass completion....i believe if we held them there baker would have won the game.....the 13 yd scramble was the reason we lost.....

  • I have to say i have never in my life seen the middle of the field open like we’ve had all year and just 4 guys after the passer. 
     

    anyone with me here? 
     

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I have to say i have never in my life seen the middle of the field open like we’ve had all year and just 4 guys after the passer. 
     

    anyone with me here? 
     

    we can't continue to play this kind of d and expect a sb appearance....yeah, i agree with you.....even the so called good teams we beat, we had hugh leads and let them right back in the game....tennessee.....what was it...38-3 and the game came down to an on side kick.....i don't know if it was because of the injuries to delpit and williams or if joe just sucks big time as dc....either way whether its personnel or the dc....something has to change...

  • @d-bone said:

    .... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was. 

    The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend  to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close. 
     

    Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend  to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close. 
     

    Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.

    he had some nice catches and he actually made some nice blocks.....

  • @browns52 said:

    just saying, beckham was a weapon when he was with the giants......overall, he has not done much with the browns.....

    I have a strong feeling OBJ won't be here next season..... He's a non factor on this team... And.. Never will be...

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I have a strong feeling OBJ won't be here next season..... He's a non factor on this team... And.. Never will be...

    i'd like tosee him traded for some high draft picks.....so we can build a defense.....

  • @d-bone said:

    .... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was. 

    The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend  to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close. 
     

    Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.

    Belated +1 for you...

    David earned his 5th year on Sunday. Finally starting to live up to the potential we saw early in him. It just took the right Staff.

  • @brownsfaninpa said:

    i'm very happy the Browns had a winning season, long over due. And the Chiefs game was looking to be a blowout until P. Mahomes was declared out for the game. Then we got robbed on the No Helmet to helmet contact hit at the one yard line that caused a fumble that resulted a touchback and gave the ball back to the Chiefs at the 20. TOTALLY got cheated. We could have taken the lead with a possible TD and may have won the game.

    defense lost the game.....the helmet to helmet should have been called but i don't, in my opinion was the reason we lost.....we were given a gift from the good lord above and we could not capitalize on it.....the d let a backup qb scramble for 13 and a half yds......setting up the game winning pass completion....i believe if we held them there baker would have won the game.....the 13 yd scramble was the reason we lost.....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @browns52 said:

    defense lost the game...

    Riiiiight... because everyone knows that 16 points scored should be enough to beat KC...

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Has the organization received the apology letter from the league yet for the non-call of the helmet to helmet down near the goal line?

  • Has the organization received the apology letter from the league yet for the non-call of the helmet to helmet down near the goal line?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero

    @orion said:

    Has the organization received the apology letter from the league yet for the non-call of the helmet to helmet down near the goal line?

    To be honest, F them.

    If the Browns want to be a contending team, they should forget about this kind of stuff. On Sunday I complained a lot about the call, I still think it's bullshit and it changes the game, but the loss is on them, whether we like it or not. 

    NFL isn't going to suddenly have perfect and professional refs so they, as any other team, have to cope with that kind of situations. 

  • @orion said:

    Has the organization received the apology letter from the league yet for the non-call of the helmet to helmet down near the goal line?

    To be honest, F them.

    If the Browns want to be a contending team, they should forget about this kind of stuff. On Sunday I complained a lot about the call, I still think it's bullshit and it changes the game, but the loss is on them, whether we like it or not. 

    NFL isn't going to suddenly have perfect and professional refs so they, as any other team, have to cope with that kind of situations. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    If the Browns want to be a contending team, they should forget about this kind of stuff.

    umm, no.  The refs have to be held accountable for their work during games.  If we don't receive an acknowledgement of the error then the league office would need to be notified by the team, in no uncertain terms, that officiating errors of that magnitude are not swept under the rug.

    I'm certainly not saying that we should have T-shirts made up regarding it.  We should have won the game regardless of that.  We all know that.  But hey!  The refs throw flags on us, so we should throw one on them.  

    BTW, I know that the refs games are reviewed by the PooBah of refs.  So I'm pretty sure the PooBah has dinged the refs for missing that call.