TYRELL SUTTON TORE IT UP LAST NIGHT
-
-
-
-
mz. said:
With all due respect to Sutton (a guy I like too), he was playing us.I knew that was coming from somebody. Regardless, this kid can play and we could have had him. A simple UDFA signing could have kept us from spending this coming off season in search of a real back.
Still want to see Davis get some serious touches because I may start throwing shit at TV watching Lewis. Davis missed a blitz pickup yesterday.
-
mz. said:
With all due respect to Sutton (a guy I like too), he was playing us.I knew that was coming from somebody. Regardless, this kid can play and we could have had him. A simple UDFA signing could have kept us from spending this coming off season in search of a real back.
Still want to see Davis get some serious touches because I may start throwing shit at TV watching Lewis. Davis missed a blitz pickup yesterday.
I knew that was coming from somebody. Regardless, this kid can play and we could have had him. A simple UDFA signing could have kept us from spending this coming off season in search of a real back.
Still want to see Davis get some serious touches because I may start throwing shit at TV watching Lewis. Davis missed a blitz pickup yesterday.
Riffer, He didn't actually MISS the block, he just got bulldozed. He just needs to react quicker and move forward into the blitzer...Hopefully he will pick it up quickly.
-
I knew that was coming from somebody. Regardless, this kid can play and we could have had him. A simple UDFA signing could have kept us from spending this coming off season in search of a real back.
Still want to see Davis get some serious touches because I may start throwing shit at TV watching Lewis. Davis missed a blitz pickup yesterday.
Riffer, He didn't actually MISS the block, he just got bulldozed. He just needs to react quicker and move forward into the blitzer...Hopefully he will pick it up quickly.
Riffer, He didn't actually MISS the block, he just got bulldozed. He just needs to react quicker and move forward into the blitzer...Hopefully he will pick it up quickly.
Thank you SEZ for once again setting us dumbasses right and showing your over the top knowledge of football.
When you whiff at someones feet trying to chop them, you missed the block my man. Got it?
-
Sutton did little for me. The Browns were losing about every battle in the trenches and in preseason especially, it makes guys look better than they really are.
He may become a decent backup, but that is about it.
-
Riffer,
A couple things.
First, you're 100% right about Davis's blitz pickup. He totally blew that assignment.
Second, I understand your frustration about Sutton. I really do. When he went to Northwestern and ripped it up, all the Buckeye fans were bitching about why he wasn't in scarlet and gray. Well, we did have Antonio Pittman who wasn't too shabby.
But, I digress. The point is you can't get everybody who ends up being good. Sutton may very well end up being a good back in the NFL, but I am sure there are fans of other NFL franchises out there who wonder why in the hell THEIR team didn't draft or sign Josh Cribbs.
I hope Sutton's good and good for the Packers if he is. Right now, I am more concerned about whether Mangini will pull the trigger sooner rather than later by putting Jamal on the sidelines to allow Davis and Harrison to stretch their legs with the first-string offense.
-
Riffer,
A couple things.
First, you're 100% right about Davis's blitz pickup. He totally blew that assignment.
Second, I understand your frustration about Sutton. I really do. When he went to Northwestern and ripped it up, all the Buckeye fans were bitching about why he wasn't in scarlet and gray. Well, we did have Antonio Pittman who wasn't too shabby.
But, I digress. The point is you can't get everybody who ends up being good. Sutton may very well end up being a good back in the NFL, but I am sure there are fans of other NFL franchises out there who wonder why in the hell THEIR team didn't draft or sign Josh Cribbs.
I hope Sutton's good and good for the Packers if he is. Right now, I am more concerned about whether Mangini will pull the trigger sooner rather than later by putting Jamal on the sidelines to allow Davis and Harrison to stretch their legs with the first-string offense.
Riffer,
A couple things.
First, you're 100% right about Davis's blitz pickup. He totally blew that assignment.
Second, I understand your frustration about Sutton. I really do. When he went to Northwestern and ripped it up, all the Buckeye fans were bitching about why he wasn't in scarlet and gray. Well, we did have Antonio Pittman who wasn't too shabby.
But, I digress. The point is you can't get everybody who ends up being good. Sutton may very well end up being a good back in the NFL, but I am sure there are fans of other NFL franchises out there who wonder why in the hell THEIR team didn't draft or sign Josh Cribbs.
I hope Sutton's good and good for the Packers if he is. Right now, I am more concerned about whether Mangini will pull the trigger sooner rather than later by putting Jamal on the sidelines to allow Davis and Harrison to stretch their legs with the first-string offense.
Well, I'm obviously not intimating that every UDFA that becomes good should have been picked up by us, but the fact is Sutton is from right here just like Cribbs was. His older brother actually tried out for the Browns a few years back.
I said it at the time they should go after him and still stand by it. Noah Herron is abysmal, Lewis is done and Davis is a raw rookie. Harrison may have to be the guy that takes this and runs with it literally.
-
Sutton continues to impress:
The smallest player on the Green Bay Packers is serving notice on his competition and threatening to beat the longest odds.
Running back Tyrell Sutton, a 5-foot-7 1/2, 213-pound undrafted rookie from Northwestern, is doing what extreme underdogs have to do to make the final roster in the NFL. He is performing in games.
Despite playing with a bunch of other long shots in a half-filled stadium at the end of meaningless exhibition games, Sutton has made people take notice. In two games, Sutton leads the Packers in rushing with 27 carries for 140 yards (5.2 average) and a touchdown.
He ranks second in the NFL in rushing yards during the exhibition season.
Against Buffalo on Saturday night, he rushed 11 times for 49 yards, including a 3-yard touchdown with 2 minutes, 51 seconds to go to seal a 31-21 victory. His final two runs were perhaps the most impressive; he banged out back-to-back 5-yard gains to give the Packers a first down and allow them to kneel down and run out the clock.
"I'm just going out there every opportunity in practice and games, and just taking advantage of what I get," Sutton said. "I'm always the guy to go in there last, so I'm the one to finish it. I'm just sitting there watching the first half, just watching RG (Ryan Grant) start it off. Knowing I get to finish is a great feeling."
In 27 carries, he has been dropped for a loss only once. Fifteen of his runs have been for 5 or more yards, including five for 10 or more.
"I like the kid," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "He runs the ball well. It seems, sometimes, I don't want to say he found something when there was nothing there, but he's got some pretty good instincts. He has that natural low center of gravity. He has some power in his lower body; he has pretty good balance. He did some good things."
-
Sutton continues to impress:
The smallest player on the Green Bay Packers is serving notice on his competition and threatening to beat the longest odds.
Running back Tyrell Sutton, a 5-foot-7 1/2, 213-pound undrafted rookie from Northwestern, is doing what extreme underdogs have to do to make the final roster in the NFL. He is performing in games.
Despite playing with a bunch of other long shots in a half-filled stadium at the end of meaningless exhibition games, Sutton has made people take notice. In two games, Sutton leads the Packers in rushing with 27 carries for 140 yards (5.2 average) and a touchdown.
He ranks second in the NFL in rushing yards during the exhibition season.
Against Buffalo on Saturday night, he rushed 11 times for 49 yards, including a 3-yard touchdown with 2 minutes, 51 seconds to go to seal a 31-21 victory. His final two runs were perhaps the most impressive; he banged out back-to-back 5-yard gains to give the Packers a first down and allow them to kneel down and run out the clock.
"I'm just going out there every opportunity in practice and games, and just taking advantage of what I get," Sutton said. "I'm always the guy to go in there last, so I'm the one to finish it. I'm just sitting there watching the first half, just watching RG (Ryan Grant) start it off. Knowing I get to finish is a great feeling."
In 27 carries, he has been dropped for a loss only once. Fifteen of his runs have been for 5 or more yards, including five for 10 or more.
"I like the kid," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "He runs the ball well. It seems, sometimes, I don't want to say he found something when there was nothing there, but he's got some pretty good instincts. He has that natural low center of gravity. He has some power in his lower body; he has pretty good balance. He did some good things."
Aloysius said:
Sutton continues to impress:*Bangs fist into desk*
No way he gets cut, either, and they are deep with backs.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
