Skip to content

Survey Friday 1/22/21

The Browns Board
6 2 633
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Here is this week's survey.   Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Browns have  9 picks in the upcoming draft.    What do you believe is the most efficacious use of these  9 picks?

    2.  What Browns players do you believe we will....or should say Sayonara to.   (I believe there are 17 FAs.)

    3. DeShaun Watson wants out of  Houston.   Where do you think should be his landing spot assuming a trade happens?

    4.  I know there will be other threads on this.....but of the 4 remaining teams,  who wins it all?

    5. Hank  Aaron died  this morning.     In my opinion he is among the 5 greatest baseball players ever.   Who are your  5 best ever? 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #2

    My answers: 

    1. Browns have  9 picks in the upcoming draft.    What do you believe is the most efficacious use of these  9 picks?

    I think that this team is at a point where they need quality over quantity.   If they could leverage some of those picks to move up several spots...in the 1st/2d/3rd rounds that could work.  If they could get  like 3-4 good defensive picks and a couple on offense.....guys that can really contribute, that would be good.  So, bottom line:   use them as trade bait to move up. 

    2.  What Browns players do you believe we will....or should say Sayonara to.   (I believe there are 17 FAs.)

    Sandejo is the one name that has gone around that definitely needs to go.   I guess the bottom line is not so much that this team would have addition by subtraction....just that they need addition. 

    3. DeShaun Watson wants out of  Houston.   Where do you think should be his landing spot assuming a trade happens?

    I think if Houston does decide ultimately to move him, they would want him to go out of conference.   Ergo, NFC teams that could be prime to get him:    1. Chicago:  getting a good QB may be all they need for them to make a big move.  2. San Francisco....if the shine is off of Garropolo out there.  3.  New Orleans.  Brees likely to retire.....   4. Washington. Another team like Chicago that has a good defense....but lacks a top notch QB. 5. Carolina.   

    4.  I know there will be other threads on this.....but of the 4 remaining teams,  who wins it all?

    Green Bay seems to be poised to take the title.     I actually make a bold prediction that  Buffalo will beat KC.   So, GB vs.  Buff. in SB.  GB wins. 

    5. Hank  Aaron died  this morning.     In my opinion he is among the 5 greatest baseball players ever.   Who are your  5 best ever? 

    I am just going position players here.   If you want you can name pitchers,  but that would be a different category for me.   And, I guess, as one tends to do, I look to the heros of my childhood for what I believe to be the best:

    Babe Ruth,    Willie Mays,    Hank Aaron,   Mickey Mantle.     And the 5th spot, I am going to cop out and put both Ted Williams and Stan Musial.    

    Can't put Barry Bonds on any list.....cheater.  And I still consider Aaron the all time Home Run King.    

  • Here is this week's survey.   Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Browns have  9 picks in the upcoming draft.    What do you believe is the most efficacious use of these  9 picks?

    2.  What Browns players do you believe we will....or should say Sayonara to.   (I believe there are 17 FAs.)

    3. DeShaun Watson wants out of  Houston.   Where do you think should be his landing spot assuming a trade happens?

    4.  I know there will be other threads on this.....but of the 4 remaining teams,  who wins it all?

    5. Hank  Aaron died  this morning.     In my opinion he is among the 5 greatest baseball players ever.   Who are your  5 best ever? 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey.   Give your answers or opinions:

    1. Browns have  9 picks in the upcoming draft.    What do you believe is the most efficacious use of these  9 picks?

    I had to get the dictionary out....well the Browns need a thug with speed at LB. The AFC North demands it, and they've ignored it far too long. 

    2.  What Browns players do you believe we will....or should say Sayonara to.   (I believe there are 17 FAs.)

    I like continuity, but in today's salary cap NFL it's impossible. I think the WR Hodge is a goner, and while I'd keep Ogunjobi, I bet they won't pay him what he wants. Those two are the ones that come to mind. Please keep Higgins.

    3. DeShaun Watson wants out of  Houston.   Where do you think should be his landing spot assuming a trade happens?

    Houston. Sorry DeShaun, you signed a lucrative extension, and this isn't the NBA. Honor your contract.

    4.  I know there will be other threads on this.....but of the 4 remaining teams,  who wins it all?

    I think Green Bay over KC. 

    5. Hank  Aaron died  this morning.     In my opinion he is among the 5 greatest baseball players ever.   Who are your  5 best ever? 

    Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Lou Gehrig, Mike Schmidt, Dale Murphy (still not in Cooperstown, crazy)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    capable of having the desired result or effect; effective as a means, measure, remedy, etc.:

    synonym:  productive

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #5

    Is there going to be a  This Week in the NFL thread for picks?   If not do it here.   See mine above:    GB over TB.    And my upset is Buffalo over KC. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    4.  I know there will be other threads on this.....but of the 4 remaining teams,  who wins it all?

    So....to finish this off:   who wins?   TB or KC.  

    I think KC repeats.