Quarterback Merry Go Round
-
We had a thread on NFL Coach/GM Carousel.....why not one on QBs? I think there will be a lot of movement on the QB front this year. As many as a dozen changes
1. Phillip Rivers announces retirement from Colts
2. Drew Brees likely to announce retirement from Saints
3. DeShaun Watson makes it clear he wants out of Houston (remains to be seen).
4. Matt Stafford actively being shopped by Lions:
5. Dak Prescott situation in Dallas....will he stay or will he go?
6. Chicago situation with Trubisky/Foles completely up in the air.
7. Jacksonville WILL have a new QB.....assumably Trevor Lawrence
8. Washington QB situation in flux
9. Philadelphia QB situation in flux
10. Jets could move on from Darnod potentially
11. Patriots....likely to have a new QB.
12. Denver could be in the market for a new QB.
Anything else?
-
More "else":
Carolina should be looking to upgrade from Bridgewater
Miami may not be sold on Tua.......though I think a potential Tua/Watson trade wholly unlikely
Not that Atlanta would replace him at this point....but the Falcons may want to start grooming a Matt Ryan replacement.....and in doing so perhaps light a fire under Ryan....ala what Green Bay did with drafting a QB.
SFO, perhaps no longer wholly enamored with Garrapolo.
Pittsburgh could decide to move on from Roethlisberger.
That makes half the teams in the NFL as possibles for having a new starting QB next year.
-
And now, there is talk that Aaron Rodgers may want to get out of Green Bay:
And Matt Stafford seems to have his eyes on the Colts:
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-matthew-stafford-most-definitely-193253141.html
-
More "else":
Carolina should be looking to upgrade from Bridgewater
Miami may not be sold on Tua.......though I think a potential Tua/Watson trade wholly unlikely
Not that Atlanta would replace him at this point....but the Falcons may want to start grooming a Matt Ryan replacement.....and in doing so perhaps light a fire under Ryan....ala what Green Bay did with drafting a QB.
SFO, perhaps no longer wholly enamored with Garrapolo.
Pittsburgh could decide to move on from Roethlisberger.
That makes half the teams in the NFL as possibles for having a new starting QB next year.
More "else":
Carolina should be looking to upgrade from Bridgewater
Miami may not be sold on Tua.......though I thing potential Tua/Watson trade wholly unlikely
Not that Atlanta would replace him at this point....but the Falcons may want to start grooming Matt Ryan replacement.....and in doing so perhaps light a fire under Ryan....ala what Green Bay did with drafting a QB.
SFO, perhaps no longer wholly enamored with Garrapolo.
Pittsburgh could decide to move on from Roethlisberger.
That makes half the teams in the NFL as possibles for having a new starting QB next year.
Tua is too noodle armed for my liking... Yeah I'd move on too..
-
Zombo said:
It's going to be the whackiest QB Movement offseason in a long time ... and lo and behold, we are one of the "stable franchises"!
Z
NFL players, at least Top QBs, are making like NBA stars now and are able to dictate where they play. Watson clearly seems that he wants to force his way out of Houston, even though he has numerous years left on his contract; and now hints that Rodgers may want to do the same even though he has 3 years left.
And yes, for the Browns...no more of this:

-
Zombo said:
It's going to be the whackiest QB Movement offseason in a long time ... and lo and behold, we are one of the "stable franchises"!
Z
True and it is about time!!!
-
Zombo said:
It's going to be the whackiest QB Movement offseason in a long time ... and lo and behold, we are one of the "stable franchises"!
Z
NFL players, at least Top QBs, are making like NBA stars now and are able to dictate where they play. Watson clearly seems that he wants to force his way out of Houston, even though he has numerous years left on his contract; and now hints that Rodgers may want to do the same even though he has 3 years left.
And yes, for the Browns...no more of this:

NFL players, at least Top QBs, are making like NBA stars now and are able to dictate where they play. Watson clearly seems that he wants to force his way out of Houston, even though he has numerous years left on his contract;
Watson never seemed like a primadonna but obviously he is.
The guy just signed a 4 year extension (worth $156 million) before last season, which included a $27 million signing bonus. Nobody put a gun to his head, he signed it all on his own. It will indeed be a bad day for the NFL if he pouts his way out of there.
That hasn't happened a whole lot in the NFL- keep it that way.
-
NFL players, at least Top QBs, are making like NBA stars now and are able to dictate where they play. Watson clearly seems that he wants to force his way out of Houston, even though he has numerous years left on his contract;
Watson never seemed like a primadonna but obviously he is.
The guy just signed a 4 year extension (worth $156 million) before last season, which included a $27 million signing bonus. Nobody put a gun to his head, he signed it all on his own. It will indeed be a bad day for the NFL if he pouts his way out of there.
That hasn't happened a whole lot in the NFL- keep it that way.
Watson never seemed like a primadonna but obviously he is.
The guy just signed a 4 year extension (worth $156 million) before last season, which included a $27 million signing bonus. Nobody put a gun to his head, he signed it all on his own. It will indeed be a bad day for the NFL if he pouts his way out of there.
That hasn't happened a whole lot in the NFL- keep it that way.
Well, everyone on ESPN and other sports networks seem to be hailing this situation for how good it is that the players are able to now make these dictates like it is some kind of Civil Rights breakthrough. Well, I am a Liberal and am all for civil rights advances....but that sure as hell is NOT what this is. This is a guy who thinks he can dictate to his employer....who is paying him the fortune you describe above to play football. It is a matter of a contract. I know that the Texans fucked things over with that trade of Hopkins, and Watson has every right to be pissed.....but to claim that he can dictate who they must hire as GM? Fuck that. (and IMO...there may have been a bit of reverse racism involved here with Watson being pissed that they didn't hire a black GM...wanna bet he would not have been so mad if it had been a black..not white GM?). Houston could obviously say; don't like things? Well...play, or sit and not get paid. We are not trading you. I guess who was it? Leveon Bell did just that? He was a shell of himself after his holdout from the Steelers...and I don't think he came anywhere near close to what he could have made if he had just played.
-
Watson never seemed like a primadonna but obviously he is.
The guy just signed a 4 year extension (worth $156 million) before last season, which included a $27 million signing bonus. Nobody put a gun to his head, he signed it all on his own. It will indeed be a bad day for the NFL if he pouts his way out of there.
That hasn't happened a whole lot in the NFL- keep it that way.
Well, everyone on ESPN and other sports networks seem to be hailing this situation for how good it is that the players are able to now make these dictates like it is some kind of Civil Rights breakthrough. Well, I am a Liberal and am all for civil rights advances....but that sure as hell is NOT what this is. This is a guy who thinks he can dictate to his employer....who is paying him the fortune you describe above to play football. It is a matter of a contract. I know that the Texans fucked things over with that trade of Hopkins, and Watson has every right to be pissed.....but to claim that he can dictate who they must hire as GM? Fuck that. (and IMO...there may have been a bit of reverse racism involved here with Watson being pissed that they didn't hire a black GM...wanna bet he would not have been so mad if it had been a black..not white GM?). Houston could obviously say; don't like things? Well...play, or sit and not get paid. We are not trading you. I guess who was it? Leveon Bell did just that? He was a shell of himself after his holdout from the Steelers...and I don't think he came anywhere near close to what he could have made if he had just played.
Well, everyone on ESPN and other sports networks seem to be hailing this situation for how good it is that the players are able to now make these dictates like it is some kind of Civil Rights breakthrough. Well, I am a Liberal and am all for civil rights advances....but that sure as hell is NOT what this is. This is a guy who thinks he can dictate to his employer....who is paying him the fortune you describe above to play football. It is a matter of a contract.
Yep, pretty much nailed it.
A contract is a contract. It's called collective bargaining for a reason. Sure, management basically changed the scenery with the Hopkins trade and the firing of Bill O'Brien, but it's their right to do so. Like I wrote in another thread, management always has the upper hand in a contract (I negotiated many as a union president).
Maybe an apples-to-oranges comparison here, but it's like LeBron basically telling Gilbert who to sign and waive in his 1st stint here, then he headed to Miami when things didn't work out. At least he was a free agent at the time. Maybe it's closer to the James Harden situation that recently transpired.
I'm just afraid if Watson gets his way, it will serve precedent and open the floodgates, possibly ruining the NFL.
-
Just saw Mel Kiper and the other ESPN talking heads talking about the Falcons drafting a QB at 4
-
Watson never seemed like a primadonna but obviously he is.
The guy just signed a 4 year extension (worth $156 million) before last season, which included a $27 million signing bonus. Nobody put a gun to his head, he signed it all on his own. It will indeed be a bad day for the NFL if he pouts his way out of there.
That hasn't happened a whole lot in the NFL- keep it that way.
Well, everyone on ESPN and other sports networks seem to be hailing this situation for how good it is that the players are able to now make these dictates like it is some kind of Civil Rights breakthrough. Well, I am a Liberal and am all for civil rights advances....but that sure as hell is NOT what this is. This is a guy who thinks he can dictate to his employer....who is paying him the fortune you describe above to play football. It is a matter of a contract. I know that the Texans fucked things over with that trade of Hopkins, and Watson has every right to be pissed.....but to claim that he can dictate who they must hire as GM? Fuck that. (and IMO...there may have been a bit of reverse racism involved here with Watson being pissed that they didn't hire a black GM...wanna bet he would not have been so mad if it had been a black..not white GM?). Houston could obviously say; don't like things? Well...play, or sit and not get paid. We are not trading you. I guess who was it? Leveon Bell did just that? He was a shell of himself after his holdout from the Steelers...and I don't think he came anywhere near close to what he could have made if he had just played.
Well, everyone on ESPN and other sports networks seem to be hailing this situation for how good it is that the players are able to now make these dictates like it is some kind of Civil Rights breakthrough. Well, I am a Liberal and am all for civil rights advances....but that sure as hell is NOT what this is. This is a guy who thinks he can dictate to his employer....who is paying him the fortune you describe above to play football. It is a matter of a contract. I know that the Texans fucked things over with that trade of Hopkins, and Watson has every right to be pissed.....but to claim that he can dictate who they must hire as GM? Fuck that. (and IMO...there may have been a bit of reverse racism involved here with Watson being pissed that they didn't hire a black GM...wanna bet he would not have been so mad if it had been a black..not white GM?). Houston could obviously say; don't like things? Well...play, or sit and not get paid. We are not trading you. I guess who was it? Leveon Bell did just that? He was a shell of himself after his holdout from the Steelers...and I don't think he came anywhere near close to what he could have made if he had just played.
I view it completely different (and there has been cases where it has happened, maybe just not as big a name).
But anyway, the way I see it, it's more than just Hopkins, it's more than not hiring "his guy", etc. They specifically ASKED him opinion, i.e. wanted his take, and also had some kind of expensive algorithm to help with their search. And they went against both. But like you said, it's their right.
All I can say is that I would feel disrespected in that circumstance. And from reporting I read (from the top in the know guys), Watson didn't even expect Texans to hire someone he endorsed, but it was the fact they didn't even talk to them. And Gipper, has nothing to do with you or your political views, but that is a HORRIBLE take with regard to wanting someone black, when one of the 2 guys he was reported to wanted Texans to interview (and the one the firm determined was the choice) was Omar Khan. He ISN'T BLACK.
And you also have to factor in how screwed the franchise is with picks, cap, etc., and even factor in what it seems the view of the owner is.
I don't know that there is really a way to compare the situation with anything, not even another sport. You obviously have a shelf life like in other sports, but in football you also have a greater risk of injury, especially when your team is bad (i.e. OL).
Pointing out that he signed the contract becomes less substantial when circumstances change afterwards. And it's not like the Texans would be giving him away, it sounds like they would be substantially rewarded and also help the cap space.
-
Well, everyone on ESPN and other sports networks seem to be hailing this situation for how good it is that the players are able to now make these dictates like it is some kind of Civil Rights breakthrough. Well, I am a Liberal and am all for civil rights advances....but that sure as hell is NOT what this is. This is a guy who thinks he can dictate to his employer....who is paying him the fortune you describe above to play football. It is a matter of a contract. I know that the Texans fucked things over with that trade of Hopkins, and Watson has every right to be pissed.....but to claim that he can dictate who they must hire as GM? Fuck that. (and IMO...there may have been a bit of reverse racism involved here with Watson being pissed that they didn't hire a black GM...wanna bet he would not have been so mad if it had been a black..not white GM?). Houston could obviously say; don't like things? Well...play, or sit and not get paid. We are not trading you. I guess who was it? Leveon Bell did just that? He was a shell of himself after his holdout from the Steelers...and I don't think he came anywhere near close to what he could have made if he had just played.
I view it completely different (and there has been cases where it has happened, maybe just not as big a name).
But anyway, the way I see it, it's more than just Hopkins, it's more than not hiring "his guy", etc. They specifically ASKED him opinion, i.e. wanted his take, and also had some kind of expensive algorithm to help with their search. And they went against both. But like you said, it's their right.
All I can say is that I would feel disrespected in that circumstance. And from reporting I read (from the top in the know guys), Watson didn't even expect Texans to hire someone he endorsed, but it was the fact they didn't even talk to them. And Gipper, has nothing to do with you or your political views, but that is a HORRIBLE take with regard to wanting someone black, when one of the 2 guys he was reported to wanted Texans to interview (and the one the firm determined was the choice) was Omar Khan. He ISN'T BLACK.
And you also have to factor in how screwed the franchise is with picks, cap, etc., and even factor in what it seems the view of the owner is.
I don't know that there is really a way to compare the situation with anything, not even another sport. You obviously have a shelf life like in other sports, but in football you also have a greater risk of injury, especially when your team is bad (i.e. OL).
Pointing out that he signed the contract becomes less substantial when circumstances change afterwards. And it's not like the Texans would be giving him away, it sounds like they would be substantially rewarded and also help the cap space.
I view it completely different (and there has been cases where it has happened, maybe just not as big a name).
But anyway, the way I see it, it's more than just Hopkins, it's more than not hiring "his guy", etc. They specifically ASKED him opinion, i.e. wanted his take, and also had some kind of expensive algorithm to help with their search. And they went against both. But like you said, it's their right.
All I can say is that I would feel disrespected in that circumstance.
Well, as I understand it yes the Hopkins issue irked him...as it should. And I don't know if we really know the issue with the GM situation. He was asked....but then they didn't seem to get his "approval".
And from reporting I read (from the top in the know guys), Watson didn't even expect Texans to hire someone he endorsed, but it was the fact they didn't even talk to them. And Gipper, has nothing to do with you or your political views, but that is a HORRIBLE take with regard to wanting someone black, when one of the 2 guys he was reported to wanted Texans to interview (and the one the firm determined was the choice) was Omar Khan. He ISN'T BLACK.
Well, I am just going by what I hear, which is that they now feel compelled to hire a black HC in an attempt to appease him. (and what? you think "reverse racism" cannot exist in some situations like this?)
And you also have to factor in how screwed the franchise is with picks, cap, etc., and even factor in what it seems the view of the owner is.
Well...there is an issue: the Texans owner is dead. And now I believe it is the wife of Bob McNair who is the owner, and their son has a top position. But, I hear that there is some preacher or somebody like that that has a lot of influence there. What is up with that?
I don't know that there is really a way to compare the situation with anything, not even another sport. You obviously have a shelf life like in other sports, but in football you also have a greater risk of injury, especially when your team is bad (i.e. OL).
I think the Harden thing seems fairly comparable.
Pointing out that he signed the contract becomes less substantial when circumstances change afterwards. And it's not like the Texans would be giving him away, it sounds like they would be substantially rewarded and also help the cap space.
Well, it is substantial in this respect: that contract IS enforceable...IF they would want to take a hard line. He cannot appeal to his union/arbitrator/court or anything to nullify it. But, of course a team doesn't really want an unhappy camper....so, as you say, if the situation is intractable, then they should be able to get a haul for him.
But from whom? As noted, I think that they would want to ship him off to the NFC. His leverage is that he has a no-trade clause and can veto any trade he does not accept. But they have to make it clear to him that they also have to look after their team's interest, and that may mean a move to the NFC. They may not want him going to the Dolphins or Jets, since those teams could compete with them for a playoff spot. Unless, of course, those teams offer them a massive package to the point where it would be foolish to turn down, even if it means playing in the same conference.
Plus....I don't think I want him going to the Dolphins or Jets....because those teams could be competing against the Browns for playoff spots.
-
From November...Article on Why Texans need now ownership:
https://www.battleredblog.com/2020/11/19/21574842/the-top-10-reasons-the-texans-need-new-ownership
-
I view it completely different (and there has been cases where it has happened, maybe just not as big a name).
But anyway, the way I see it, it's more than just Hopkins, it's more than not hiring "his guy", etc. They specifically ASKED him opinion, i.e. wanted his take, and also had some kind of expensive algorithm to help with their search. And they went against both. But like you said, it's their right.
All I can say is that I would feel disrespected in that circumstance.
Well, as I understand it yes the Hopkins issue irked him...as it should. And I don't know if we really know the issue with the GM situation. He was asked....but then they didn't seem to get his "approval".
And from reporting I read (from the top in the know guys), Watson didn't even expect Texans to hire someone he endorsed, but it was the fact they didn't even talk to them. And Gipper, has nothing to do with you or your political views, but that is a HORRIBLE take with regard to wanting someone black, when one of the 2 guys he was reported to wanted Texans to interview (and the one the firm determined was the choice) was Omar Khan. He ISN'T BLACK.
Well, I am just going by what I hear, which is that they now feel compelled to hire a black HC in an attempt to appease him. (and what? you think "reverse racism" cannot exist in some situations like this?)
And you also have to factor in how screwed the franchise is with picks, cap, etc., and even factor in what it seems the view of the owner is.
Well...there is an issue: the Texans owner is dead. And now I believe it is the wife of Bob McNair who is the owner, and their son has a top position. But, I hear that there is some preacher or somebody like that that has a lot of influence there. What is up with that?
I don't know that there is really a way to compare the situation with anything, not even another sport. You obviously have a shelf life like in other sports, but in football you also have a greater risk of injury, especially when your team is bad (i.e. OL).
I think the Harden thing seems fairly comparable.
Pointing out that he signed the contract becomes less substantial when circumstances change afterwards. And it's not like the Texans would be giving him away, it sounds like they would be substantially rewarded and also help the cap space.
Well, it is substantial in this respect: that contract IS enforceable...IF they would want to take a hard line. He cannot appeal to his union/arbitrator/court or anything to nullify it. But, of course a team doesn't really want an unhappy camper....so, as you say, if the situation is intractable, then they should be able to get a haul for him.
But from whom? As noted, I think that they would want to ship him off to the NFC. His leverage is that he has a no-trade clause and can veto any trade he does not accept. But they have to make it clear to him that they also have to look after their team's interest, and that may mean a move to the NFC. They may not want him going to the Dolphins or Jets, since those teams could compete with them for a playoff spot. Unless, of course, those teams offer them a massive package to the point where it would be foolish to turn down, even if it means playing in the same conference.
Plus....I don't think I want him going to the Dolphins or Jets....because those teams could be competing against the Browns for playoff spots.
Maybe do a little more research Gipper.
Sure, Maybe trading Hopkins irked him (it would anyone), but his extension was signed after the trade.
And you are entitled to any opinion you want, but when you have said on here about trusting the guys in the know then you should be held to that standard, not just when it appeases you.
There are many places online you can easily find the timeline for these things. But, in fact it has been said that even if they were to in fact to hire Bienemy (sounds like his choice) that he would still want out.
Now on to the other things, sure a contract is binding, I wasn't questioning that. What I was saying is that his mindset that seems to have changed since he signed the contract could have changed. That seems like a no Brainerd honestly. He wouldn't have signed it if he planned to want out, for whatever reason that is. There are no "Bird Rules" type deals in the NFL, so staying with the Texans doesn't offer him any more money.
And no, James Harden isn't a good answer to me. The ONLY thing you can point to as being similar is wanting to go somewhere with a better chance to win. You obviously missed the ENTIRE point of health etc. There is no greater chance of Harden being hurt in Houston as opposed to Brooklyn, where as in the NFL there certainly is (not Houston in particular). Add to the fact that Houston tried multiple times to find guys to help Harden via big talents, and Texans made TERRIBLE moves.
And I am sure that if they do get a trade pulled off that they would rather it be NFC, but a lot of things would have to fall that way.
But I will end with your question about reverse racism. Sure that can be a thing, but as I ALREADY pointed out, and you didn't say minority you said BLACK, that one of the 2 guys he wanted them to INTERVIEW is in fact NOT BLACK. Add that to the fact that we aren't talking about guys who aren't qualified (All 3: Khan, Riddick, and EB are mentioned for multiple jobs each time and certainlyqualified) there is no need to question it being racially motivated.
-
Maybe do a little more research Gipper.
Sure, Maybe trading Hopkins irked him (it would anyone), but his extension was signed after the trade.
And you are entitled to any opinion you want, but when you have said on here about trusting the guys in the know then you should be held to that standard, not just when it appeases you.
There are many places online you can easily find the timeline for these things. But, in fact it has been said that even if they were to in fact to hire Bienemy (sounds like his choice) that he would still want out.
Now on to the other things, sure a contract is binding, I wasn't questioning that. What I was saying is that his mindset that seems to have changed since he signed the contract could have changed. That seems like a no Brainerd honestly. He wouldn't have signed it if he planned to want out, for whatever reason that is. There are no "Bird Rules" type deals in the NFL, so staying with the Texans doesn't offer him any more money.
And no, James Harden isn't a good answer to me. The ONLY thing you can point to as being similar is wanting to go somewhere with a better chance to win. You obviously missed the ENTIRE point of health etc. There is no greater chance of Harden being hurt in Houston as opposed to Brooklyn, where as in the NFL there certainly is (not Houston in particular). Add to the fact that Houston tried multiple times to find guys to help Harden via big talents, and Texans made TERRIBLE moves.
And I am sure that if they do get a trade pulled off that they would rather it be NFC, but a lot of things would have to fall that way.
But I will end with your question about reverse racism. Sure that can be a thing, but as I ALREADY pointed out, and you didn't say minority you said BLACK, that one of the 2 guys he wanted them to INTERVIEW is in fact NOT BLACK. Add that to the fact that we aren't talking about guys who aren't qualified (All 3: Khan, Riddick, and EB are mentioned for multiple jobs each time and certainlyqualified) there is no need to question it being racially motivated.
Maybe do a little more research Gipper.
Research into what?
Sure, Maybe trading Hopkins irked him (it would anyone), but his extension was signed after the trade.
And you are entitled to any opinion you want, but when you have said on here about trusting the guys in the know then you should be held to that standard, not just when it appeases you.
Who are the guys in the know and what should I trust them about?
There are many places online you can easily find the timeline for these things. But, in fact it has been said that even if they were to in fact to hire Bienemy (sounds like his choice) that he would still want out.
I know that. Nevertheless, I think that the Oilers think that by hiring a black coach it could salve some of Watson's wounds. If they want to speculate about that sort of thing, why shouldn't I?
Now on to the other things, sure a contract is binding, I wasn't questioning that. What I was saying is that his mindset that seems to have changed since he signed the contract could have changed. That seems like a no Brainerd honestly. He wouldn't have signed it if he planned to want out, for whatever reason that is. There are no "Bird Rules" type deals in the NFL, so staying with the Texans doesn't offer him any more money.
And..so? What?
And no, James Harden isn't a good answer to me. The ONLY thing you can point to as being similar is wanting to go somewhere with a better chance to win. You obviously missed the ENTIRE point of health etc. There is no greater chance of Harden being hurt in Houston as opposed to Brooklyn, where as in the NFL there certainly is (not Houston in particular). Add to the fact that Houston tried multiple times to find guys to help Harden via big talents, and Texans made TERRIBLE moves.
I guess I must have missed the entire point of health. Whose health? I have not heard one word about health being a factor in either the Watson nor Harden situation. So, yes, I missed that if that was a thing. From what I understand it was just pure disgruntledness in both situations...which is why I say Watson and Harden are similar.
And I am sure that if they do get a trade pulled off that they would rather it be NFC, but a lot of things would have to fall that way.
But I will end with your question about reverse racism. Sure that can be a thing, but as I ALREADY pointed out, and you didn't say minority you said BLACK, that one of the 2 guys he wanted them to INTERVIEW is in fact NOT BLACK. Add that to the fact that we aren't talking about guys who aren't qualified (All 3: Khan, Riddick, and EB are mentioned for multiple jobs each time and certainlyqualified) there is no need to question it being racially motivated.
Tell that to the people on TV....after all, I didn't pull that out of my ass. It has been highly implied there that race is an issue in this whole thing.
-
NFL players, at least Top QBs, are making like NBA stars now and are able to dictate where they play. Watson clearly seems that he wants to force his way out of Houston, even though he has numerous years left on his contract;
Watson never seemed like a primadonna but obviously he is.
The guy just signed a 4 year extension (worth $156 million) before last season, which included a $27 million signing bonus. Nobody put a gun to his head, he signed it all on his own. It will indeed be a bad day for the NFL if he pouts his way out of there.
That hasn't happened a whole lot in the NFL- keep it that way.
Watson never seemed like a primadonna but obviously he is.
See my reply to your Watson post in another thread.
EDIT: ... or Gunz' below...
They specifically ASKED him opinion, i.e. wanted his take, and also had some kind of expensive algorithm to help with their search. And they went against both. But like you said, it's their right.
All I can say is that I would feel disrespected in that circumstance. And from reporting I read (from the top in the know guys), Watson didn't even expect Texans to hire someone he endorsed, but it was the fact they didn't even talk to them.
-
Just saw Mel Kiper and the other ESPN talking heads talking about the Falcons drafting a QB at 4
Just saw Mel Kiper and the other ESPN talking heads talking about the Falcons drafting a QB at 4
Makes sense... what have they won with Ryan other than another cap strangling contract
Meanwhile SF is sitting out there drooling at the growing, vet, QB buffet.
-
Maybe do a little more research Gipper.
Sure, Maybe trading Hopkins irked him (it would anyone), but his extension was signed after the trade.
And you are entitled to any opinion you want, but when you have said on here about trusting the guys in the know then you should be held to that standard, not just when it appeases you.
There are many places online you can easily find the timeline for these things. But, in fact it has been said that even if they were to in fact to hire Bienemy (sounds like his choice) that he would still want out.
Now on to the other things, sure a contract is binding, I wasn't questioning that. What I was saying is that his mindset that seems to have changed since he signed the contract could have changed. That seems like a no Brainerd honestly. He wouldn't have signed it if he planned to want out, for whatever reason that is. There are no "Bird Rules" type deals in the NFL, so staying with the Texans doesn't offer him any more money.
And no, James Harden isn't a good answer to me. The ONLY thing you can point to as being similar is wanting to go somewhere with a better chance to win. You obviously missed the ENTIRE point of health etc. There is no greater chance of Harden being hurt in Houston as opposed to Brooklyn, where as in the NFL there certainly is (not Houston in particular). Add to the fact that Houston tried multiple times to find guys to help Harden via big talents, and Texans made TERRIBLE moves.
And I am sure that if they do get a trade pulled off that they would rather it be NFC, but a lot of things would have to fall that way.
But I will end with your question about reverse racism. Sure that can be a thing, but as I ALREADY pointed out, and you didn't say minority you said BLACK, that one of the 2 guys he wanted them to INTERVIEW is in fact NOT BLACK. Add that to the fact that we aren't talking about guys who aren't qualified (All 3: Khan, Riddick, and EB are mentioned for multiple jobs each time and certainlyqualified) there is no need to question it being racially motivated.
Maybe do a little more research Gipper.
Sure, Maybe trading Hopkins irked him (it would anyone), but his extension was signed after the trade.
And you are entitled to any opinion you want, but when you have said on here about trusting the guys in the know then you should be held to that standard, not just when it appeases you.
There are many places online you can easily find the timeline for these things. But, in fact it has been said that even if they were to in fact to hire Bienemy (sounds like his choice) that he would still want out.
Now on to the other things, sure a contract is binding, I wasn't questioning that. What I was saying is that his mindset that seems to have changed since he signed the contract could have changed. That seems like a no Brainerd honestly. He wouldn't have signed it if he planned to want out, for whatever reason that is. There are no "Bird Rules" type deals in the NFL, so staying with the Texans doesn't offer him any more money.
And no, James Harden isn't a good answer to me. The ONLY thing you can point to as being similar is wanting to go somewhere with a better chance to win. You obviously missed the ENTIRE point of health etc. There is no greater chance of Harden being hurt in Houston as opposed to Brooklyn, where as in the NFL there certainly is (not Houston in particular). Add to the fact that Houston tried multiple times to find guys to help Harden via big talents, and Texans made TERRIBLE moves.
And I am sure that if they do get a trade pulled off that they would rather it be NFC, but a lot of things would have to fall that way.
But I will end with your question about reverse racism. Sure that can be a thing, but as I ALREADY pointed out, and you didn't say minority you said BLACK, that one of the 2 guys he wanted them to INTERVIEW is in fact NOT BLACK. Add that to the fact that we aren't talking about guys who aren't qualified (All 3: Khan, Riddick, and EB are mentioned for multiple jobs each time and certainlyqualified) there is no need to question it being racially motivated.
@GIPPER
There is NO such thing as reverse racism! You are either a racist or not!
GO BROWNS!!!
-
Maybe do a little more research Gipper.
Sure, Maybe trading Hopkins irked him (it would anyone), but his extension was signed after the trade.
And you are entitled to any opinion you want, but when you have said on here about trusting the guys in the know then you should be held to that standard, not just when it appeases you.
There are many places online you can easily find the timeline for these things. But, in fact it has been said that even if they were to in fact to hire Bienemy (sounds like his choice) that he would still want out.
Now on to the other things, sure a contract is binding, I wasn't questioning that. What I was saying is that his mindset that seems to have changed since he signed the contract could have changed. That seems like a no Brainerd honestly. He wouldn't have signed it if he planned to want out, for whatever reason that is. There are no "Bird Rules" type deals in the NFL, so staying with the Texans doesn't offer him any more money.
And no, James Harden isn't a good answer to me. The ONLY thing you can point to as being similar is wanting to go somewhere with a better chance to win. You obviously missed the ENTIRE point of health etc. There is no greater chance of Harden being hurt in Houston as opposed to Brooklyn, where as in the NFL there certainly is (not Houston in particular). Add to the fact that Houston tried multiple times to find guys to help Harden via big talents, and Texans made TERRIBLE moves.
And I am sure that if they do get a trade pulled off that they would rather it be NFC, but a lot of things would have to fall that way.
But I will end with your question about reverse racism. Sure that can be a thing, but as I ALREADY pointed out, and you didn't say minority you said BLACK, that one of the 2 guys he wanted them to INTERVIEW is in fact NOT BLACK. Add that to the fact that we aren't talking about guys who aren't qualified (All 3: Khan, Riddick, and EB are mentioned for multiple jobs each time and certainlyqualified) there is no need to question it being racially motivated.
@GIPPER
There is NO such thing as reverse racism! You are either a racist or not!
GO BROWNS!!!
@GIPPER
There is NO such thing as reverse racism! You are either a racist or not!
GO BROWNS!!!
LOL....OK.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login