Quarterback Merry Go Round
-
Just saw Mel Kiper and the other ESPN talking heads talking about the Falcons drafting a QB at 4
Just saw Mel Kiper and the other ESPN talking heads talking about the Falcons drafting a QB at 4
It makes sense to me. I like the Falcons, so I follow them a bit.
My thinking is why wait until you absolutely need a QB, or any position, when you are in a position to grab that position? Sure, if Ryan was 27, you don't, but he isn't. I don't think many are now complaining about the Packers selecting Rodgers when they did, or SF trading for Steve Young.
Just because a team selects a player doesn't mean they are ready to move on from the incumbent. To me it's called planning ahead.
-
Just saw Mel Kiper and the other ESPN talking heads talking about the Falcons drafting a QB at 4
It makes sense to me. I like the Falcons, so I follow them a bit.
My thinking is why wait until you absolutely need a QB, or any position, when you are in a position to grab that position? Sure, if Ryan was 27, you don't, but he isn't. I don't think many are now complaining about the Packers selecting Rodgers when they did, or SF trading for Steve Young.
Just because a team selects a player doesn't mean they are ready to move on from the incumbent. To me it's called planning ahead.
It makes sense to me. I like the Falcons, so I follow them a bit.
My thinking is why wait until you absolutely need a QB, or any position, when you are in a position to grab that position? Sure, if Ryan was 27, you don't, but he isn't. I don't think many are now complaining about the Packers selecting Rodgers when they did, or SF trading for Steve Young.
Just because a team selects a player doesn't mean they are ready to move on from the incumbent. To me it's called planning ahead.
Yes, but often the incumbent QB gets all butthurt when the team tries to do some future planning. See: Packers/Rodgers.
-
Watson makes his request/demand for a trade official:
-
So. QB Scorecard. Teams that could have a change at QB.......later to be filled in with who they did get:
1. Colts
2. Saints
3. Texans
4. Lions.....Jared Goff....to Lions in trade with Rams
5. Cowboys
6. Bears
7. Jaguars.....belief is that Trevor Lawrence will be the guy...noting official until the draft.
8. Patriots
9. Broncos
10. Washington
11. Eagles
12. Panthers
13. Dolphins
14. Falcons
15. 49ers
16. Steelers
17. Packers
18. Rams? Matt Stafford to Rams in trade for Goff.
Over half the teams in the league.
Note...this does not include Tampa whom we all believe will have stability with a 44 year old QB at the helm.
-
So, look at it another way: which teams do NOT have an issue at QB? By division:
AFCE: Only Buffalo with Josh Allen
AFCS: Only Tennessee with Ryan Tannehill
AFCN: Browns/Mayfield; Bengals/Burrow; Ravens/Jackson
AFCW: Chiefs/Mahomes; Chargers/Herbert; RAiders/Carr??
NFCE: only Giants/Jones
NFCS: Only Tampa Bay/Brady
NFCN: Only Vikings/Cousins
NFCW: Seattle/Wilson; Arizona/Murray
-
Zombo said:
I can tell you with 100 percent certainty who will be quarterbacking the Packers and Cowboys.
Z
I don't know that I can say 100%....but certainly the Packers would be foolish to trade Rodgers. Its just that he himself is the one making noises.
Also, consider this on Prescott and the Cowboys. He WILL be a free agent as of the beginning of the FA season....unless the Cowboys either reach an agreement with him....or they Franchise Tag him at the apparent cost of 37 million dollars for the 2021 season. I think it is that price tag for him that has been the stumbling block so far in getting him signed. Dallas may not want to do that. They have seemed reluctant to do so so far. And looking on both sides of that coin: with so many QB openings, Dak may decide he would want to test that market; and Dallas may want to explore alternatives.
So, I do think you are on more solid ground with GB than with Dallas.
-
Watson makes his request/demand for a trade official:
Watson makes his request/demand for a trade official:
OK, not Browns related. But will someone please explain to me- WHY when all the (expert) talking heads are discussing possible landing spots for Watson- nary a peep about the Patriots making a move for him?
I totally get the Colts would love to have him with Rivers retiring, but I can't see Houston being willing to trade him within the division.
-
So, look at it another way: which teams do NOT have an issue at QB? By division:
AFCE: Only Buffalo with Josh Allen
AFCS: Only Tennessee with Ryan Tannehill
AFCN: Browns/Mayfield; Bengals/Burrow; Ravens/Jackson
AFCW: Chiefs/Mahomes; Chargers/Herbert; RAiders/Carr??
NFCE: only Giants/Jones
NFCS: Only Tampa Bay/Brady
NFCN: Only Vikings/Cousins
NFCW: Seattle/Wilson; Arizona/Murray
So, look at it another way: which teams do NOT have an issue at QB? By division:
AFCE: Only Buffalo with Josh Allen
AFCS: Only Tennessee with Ryan Tannehill
AFCN: Browns/Mayfield; Bengals/Burrow; Ravens/Jackson
AFCW: Chiefs/Mahomes; Chargers/Herbert; Raiders/Carr??
NFCE: only Giants/Jones
NFCS: Only Tampa Bay/Brady
NFCN: Only Vikings/Cousins
NFCW: Seattle/Wilson; Arizona/Murray
I'll agree with Zombo on this 100%. Barring a great disturbance in the Force, Rodgers and Prescott will be the starting QBs on their respective teams.
-
Watson makes his request/demand for a trade official:
OK, not Browns related. But will someone please explain to me- WHY when all the (expert) talking heads are discussing possible landing spots for Watson- nary a peep about the Patriots making a move for him?
I totally get the Colts would love to have him with Rivers retiring, but I can't see Houston being willing to trade him within the division.
OK, not Browns related. But will someone please explain to me- WHY when all the (expert) talking heads are discussing possible landing spots for Watson- nary a peep about the Patriots making a move for him?
I totally get the Colts would love to have him with Rivers retiring, but I can't see Houston being willing to trade him within the division.
More talk has been of Stafford going to the Colts.
-
So, look at it another way: which teams do NOT have an issue at QB? By division:
AFCE: Only Buffalo with Josh Allen
AFCS: Only Tennessee with Ryan Tannehill
AFCN: Browns/Mayfield; Bengals/Burrow; Ravens/Jackson
AFCW: Chiefs/Mahomes; Chargers/Herbert; Raiders/Carr??
NFCE: only Giants/Jones
NFCS: Only Tampa Bay/Brady
NFCN: Only Vikings/Cousins
NFCW: Seattle/Wilson; Arizona/Murray
I'll agree with Zombo on this 100%. Barring a great disturbance in the Force, Rodgers and Prescott will be the starting QBs on their respective teams.
-
Just saw Mel Kiper and the other ESPN talking heads talking about the Falcons drafting a QB at 4
It makes sense to me. I like the Falcons, so I follow them a bit.
My thinking is why wait until you absolutely need a QB, or any position, when you are in a position to grab that position? Sure, if Ryan was 27, you don't, but he isn't. I don't think many are now complaining about the Packers selecting Rodgers when they did, or SF trading for Steve Young.
Just because a team selects a player doesn't mean they are ready to move on from the incumbent. To me it's called planning ahead.
It makes sense to me. I like the Falcons, so I follow them a bit.
My thinking is why wait until you absolutely need a QB, or any position, when you are in a position to grab that position? Sure, if Ryan was 27, you don't, but he isn't. I don't think many are now complaining about the Packers selecting Rodgers when they did, or SF trading for Steve Young.
Just because a team selects a player doesn't mean they are ready to move on from the incumbent. To me it's called planning ahead.
Except Rogers wasn't selected 4, he dropped a lot and the value was too great to pass up, they got lucky. I guess it depends on how much you think Ryan has left, it you think he has 4 or more years left I pass on a QB and improve the team. The Falcons played better the 2nd half of the season so they may had a quick rebound in order. If they could have one fall to the them in round 2 that would be a different calculus.
-
OK, not Browns related. But will someone please explain to me- WHY when all the (expert) talking heads are discussing possible landing spots for Watson- nary a peep about the Patriots making a move for him?
I totally get the Colts would love to have him with Rivers retiring, but I can't see Houston being willing to trade him within the division.
More talk has been of Stafford going to the Colts.
More talk has been of Stafford going to the Colts.
That makes a ton of sense. Depends on how much the Lions would want.
More dum-dum emanating from Houston. What it Watson decides to give them the finger and hold out? https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-gm-nick-caserio-zero-interest-in-trading-deshaun-watson
-
About Stafford, he is one of my favorite QBs. I love his attitude and he is tough as nails. He hasn't missed many games and has played through many injuries.
I think he has never been the main problem for the low performance by the Lion's and whoever gets him will have a reliable QB. I don't know about the contract, but I wouldn't like seeing him go if I were a Lions fan.
I might be mistaken, though.
About Stafford, he is one of my favorite QBs. I love his attitude and he is tough as nails. He hasn't missed many games and has played through many injuries.
I think he has never been the main problem for the low performance by the Lion's and whoever gets him will have a reliable QB. I don't know about the contract, but I wouldn't like seeing him go if I were a Lions fan.
I might be mistaken, though.
Agree for the most part, but I have never thought of Stafford as "that guy". The QB that can close the deal.
Always thought he was in that Fool's Gold category.
-
Just saw Mel Kiper and the other ESPN talking heads talking about the Falcons drafting a QB at 4
It makes sense to me. I like the Falcons, so I follow them a bit.
My thinking is why wait until you absolutely need a QB, or any position, when you are in a position to grab that position? Sure, if Ryan was 27, you don't, but he isn't. I don't think many are now complaining about the Packers selecting Rodgers when they did, or SF trading for Steve Young.
Just because a team selects a player doesn't mean they are ready to move on from the incumbent. To me it's called planning ahead.
My thinking is why wait until you absolutely need a QB, or any position, when you are in a position to grab that position? Sure, if Ryan was 27, you don't, but he isn't. I don't think many are now complaining about the Packers selecting Rodgers when they did, or SF trading for Steve Young.
Just because a team selects a player doesn't mean they are ready to move on from the incumbent. To me it's called planning ahead.
Have I ever mentioned that you always have to be looking for your next QB?
Seems like I might have, but just not sure...

-
So, look at it another way: which teams do NOT have an issue at QB? By division:
AFCE: Only Buffalo with Josh Allen
AFCS: Only Tennessee with Ryan Tannehill
AFCN: Browns/Mayfield; Bengals/Burrow; Ravens/Jackson
AFCW: Chiefs/Mahomes; Chargers/Herbert; Raiders/Carr??
NFCE: only Giants/Jones
NFCS: Only Tampa Bay/Brady
NFCN: Only Vikings/Cousins
NFCW: Seattle/Wilson; Arizona/Murray
I'll agree with Zombo on this 100%. Barring a great disturbance in the Force, Rodgers and Prescott will be the starting QBs on their respective teams.
-
Lots of trade speculation about Goff:
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-rams-talked-multiple-teams-094506162.html
And possibly on Wentz:
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-insider-says-knows-230941294.html
-
Redskins.....errrr WTFs may still have their QB for next year on their roster in Alex Smith....but they still have to make contingency plans to find his replacement, in light of the Haskell failure:
https://sports.yahoo.com/alex-smith-sounds-wants-play-003000956.html
-
It seems possible that if Jets new coach Robert Saleh has anything to say about it, the Jets would be sticking with Darnold:
https://sports.yahoo.com/robert-saleh-sam-darnold-unbelievable-195454790.html
-
In apparently the first move: Stafford to Rams, Goff to Detroit.
See scorecard above.
-
Washington supposedly in the market for a QB trade:
As the trade market for prospective quarterbacks starts to heat up this offseason, it’s becoming clear that the Washington Football Team is doing everything they can to be involved. According to a report from ESPN’s Josina Anderson, Washington is willing to deal more than just a 1st-rounder for a veteran quarterback, assuming it is the right deal.
That could mean, Deshaun Watson,.........., or Matt Ryan, or Derek Carr, potentially. A lot of players are on the market and potentially looking for new teams, and we can’t rule out that Washington might not be a good landing spot for any of them.
We’ve gone over what it might take to land some top players like Watson or Stafford (now off the marke) in the past, and it’s becoming clear that Ron Rivera and his guys are planning to be in the mix.
This is the first time I have heard that Derek Carr could be the subject of a possible trade.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login