Skip to content

Quarterback Merry Go Round

The Browns Board
206 24 6.3k 1
  • Bears and Colts in bidding war over Wentz?   Perhaps:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-bears-colts-carson-194441723.html

    @the-gipper said:

    Bears and Colts in bidding war over Wentz?   Perhaps:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-bears-colts-carson-194441723.html

    AHAHAHAHA. 

    Omg, they are so screwed. Wentz was flat out broken this year. I know they're hoping for a "Tannehill-ian" resurrection, but that's some rare shit. Wentz holds onto the ball and that's difficult to fix, and I don't think he's that accurate to begin with. I realize teams like the Bears and Colts have to do SOMETHING, but geez...this wreaks of desperation. 

  • Khalil Mack....or Darius Leonard  for Carson Wentz?   See this article:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-lions-asked-aaron-223446117.html

    And, apparently,   the Lions asked for Aaron Donald in the deal for Stafford.  Rams said  NYET.

  • Carson Wentz has been traded to the Colts:

     
     
    ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg
     
    ·
    4m
    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.
     
    Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell and me.
  • So.   QB Scorecard.   Teams that could   have a change at QB.......later to be filled in with who they did get:

    1. Colts

    2. Saints

    3. Texans

    4. Lions.....Jared Goff....to Lions in trade with Rams

    5. Cowboys

    6. Bears

    7. Jaguars.....belief is that  Trevor Lawrence will be the guy...noting official until the draft. 

    8. Patriots

    9. Broncos

    10.  Washington

    11. Eagles

    12. Panthers

    13. Dolphins

    14. Falcons

    15. 49ers

    16. Steelers

    17.  Packers

    18. Rams?  Matt Stafford to Rams in trade for Goff.

    Over half the teams in the league. 

    Note...this does not include Tampa whom we all believe will have stability with a 44 year old QB at the helm. 

    @the-gipper said:

    So.   QB Scorecard.   Teams that could   have a change at QB.......later to be filled in with who they did get:

    1. Colts.....Carson Wentz  to Colts in trade  with Eagles.

    2. Saints

    3. Texans

    4. Lions.....Jared Goff....to Lions in trade with Rams

    5. Cowboys

    6. Bears

    7. Jaguars.....belief is that  Trevor Lawrence will be the guy...noting official until the draft. 

    8. Patriots

    9. Broncos

    10.  Washington

    11. Eagles.....Jalen Hurts???

    12. Panthers

    13. Dolphins

    14. Falcons

    15. 49ers

    16. Steelers

    17.  Packers

    18. Rams?  Matt Stafford to Rams in trade for Goff.

    Over half the teams in the league. 

    Note...this does not include Tampa whom we all believe will have stability with a 44 year old QB at the helm. 

    Update scoreboard.   Wentz trade means, I assume Hurts is the man in Philly? 

  • Eagles pick at 6.. early enough to get another if Roseman falls in love with someone. Hurts is good enough, though

  • Well, if there was a place where Wentz could get back to where he was, it is in Indianapolis with Frank Reich, who he has a history with. 

    Because man, he was broken last year. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    So.   QB Scorecard.   Teams that could   have a change at QB.......later to be filled in with who they did get:

    1. Colts.....Carson Wentz  to Colts in trade  with Eagles.

    2. Saints

    3. Texans

    4. Lions.....Jared Goff....to Lions in trade with Rams

    5. Cowboys

    6. Bears

    7. Jaguars.....belief is that  Trevor Lawrence will be the guy...noting official until the draft. 

    8. Patriots

    9. Broncos

    10.  Washington

    11. Eagles.....Jalen Hurts???

    12. Panthers

    13. Dolphins

    14. Falcons

    15. 49ers

    16. Steelers

    17.  Packers

    18. Rams?  Matt Stafford to Rams in trade for Goff.

    Over half the teams in the league. 

    Note...this does not include Tampa whom we all believe will have stability with a 44 year old QB at the helm. 

    Update scoreboard.   Wentz trade means, I assume Hurts is the man in Philly? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Update scoreboard.   Wentz trade means, I assume Hurts is the man in Philly? 

    Yes. Especially since they brought in his old QB coach for him.

  • I have always liked Wentz, but I hate to see him back in the AFC opposing the Browns come playoff time. I think the change is what he needed.

    Mike

  •  -- Possible Colts overpaid due to Wentz's personality -> unless he is willing to humble himself and accept a number of changes, he's done.. he was not an NFL quarterback last season.

  • I don’t know why the Colts would give up capital like that and take on a contract like that.

    the obviously think he can be fixed but they’ve taken a step back in the position and taken on more money and given up more assets in the process. 

  • I don’t know why the Colts would give up capital like that and take on a contract like that.

    the obviously think he can be fixed but they’ve taken a step back in the position and taken on more money and given up more assets in the process. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I don’t know why the Colts would give up capital like that and take on a contract like that.

    the obviously think he can be fixed but they’ve taken a step back in the position and taken on more money and given up more assets in the process. 

    Because he performed  very well under  Reich when they were together in Philly, and Reich must obviously believe in him Wentz has the physical talent, its just that his brain has been scattered.  Seeing Nick Foles lead the team in the playoffs to a Super Bowl win after he was hurt; the team he led all year long I suspect messed with his head somehow.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I don’t know why the Colts would give up capital like that and take on a contract like that.

    the obviously think he can be fixed but they’ve taken a step back in the position and taken on more money and given up more assets in the process. 

    Because he performed  very well under  Reich when they were together in Philly, and Reich must obviously believe in him Wentz has the physical talent, its just that his brain has been scattered.  Seeing Nick Foles lead the team in the playoffs to a Super Bowl win after he was hurt; the team he led all year long I suspect messed with his head somehow.

    @the-gipper said:

    Because he performed  very well under  Reich when they were together in Philly, and Reich must obviously believe in him Wentz has the physical talent, its just that his brain has been scattered.  Seeing Nick Foles lead the team in the playoffs to a Super Bowl win after he was hurt; the team he led all year long I suspect messed with his head somehow.

    With what they paid it Looks like they assumed  he would be fixed under Reich.  
     

    I can’t say they are a better team with Wentz instead of Rivers and they had to give up picks commit more cash.  

    I thought the Eagles had no leverage whatsoever-  wrong!!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Because he performed  very well under  Reich when they were together in Philly, and Reich must obviously believe in him Wentz has the physical talent, its just that his brain has been scattered.  Seeing Nick Foles lead the team in the playoffs to a Super Bowl win after he was hurt; the team he led all year long I suspect messed with his head somehow.

    With what they paid it Looks like they assumed  he would be fixed under Reich.  
     

    I can’t say they are a better team with Wentz instead of Rivers and they had to give up picks commit more cash.  

    I thought the Eagles had no leverage whatsoever-  wrong!!!

    @sdbacker80 said:

    With what they paid it Looks like they assumed  he would be fixed under Reich.  

    Yes, I do believe that is the assumption.
     

    I can’t say they are a better team with Wentz instead of Rivers and they had to give up picks commit more cash.  

    I thought the Eagles had no leverage whatsoever-  wrong!!!

    Well, they had little.   A 3rd and a second for what was the #2 overall pick? 

  • Zombo said:

    I'd like to see Wentz come to the AFC.

    Zombo

    You got your wish 

  • I have always liked Wentz, but I hate to see him back in the AFC opposing the Browns come playoff time. I think the change is what he needed.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I have always liked Wentz, but I hate to see him back in the AFC opposing the Browns come playoff time. I think the change is what he needed.

    Mike

    Z wholly disagrees with you 

  • Carson Wentz has been traded to the Colts:

     
     
    ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg
     
    ·
    4m
    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.
     
    Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell and me.

    @the-gipper said:

    Carson Wentz has been traded to the Colts:

     
     
    ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg
     
    Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell and me.

    Wentz was terrible last year. a third and a future second doesn't sound outrageous... 

    @unsympathetic said:

     -- Possible Colts overpaid due to Wentz's personality -> unless he is willing to humble himself and accept a number of changes, he's done.. he was not an NFL quarterback last season.

    Wentz is on the Tim Tebow side of personality. Maybe the frustration of playing so poorly got to him.  He was a pinata last year- 50 sacks... Someone will have to explain this to me, but it sure looks like the Colts long term investment in Wentz is minimal, though cutting him in 2022, and gifting the Eagles a second round pick doesn't sound good.  

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm

  • It looks like  the Panthers and Teddy Twatwater are headed for a split,   though that was predictable.  I don't know is anyone had him in there as the long term starter for Carolina:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/teddy-bridgewater-unfollows-panthers-instagram-150006305.html

  • @the-gipper said:

    Carson Wentz has been traded to the Colts:

     
     
    ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg
     
    Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell and me.

    Wentz was terrible last year. a third and a future second doesn't sound outrageous... 

    @unsympathetic said:

     -- Possible Colts overpaid due to Wentz's personality -> unless he is willing to humble himself and accept a number of changes, he's done.. he was not an NFL quarterback last season.

    Wentz is on the Tim Tebow side of personality. Maybe the frustration of playing so poorly got to him.  He was a pinata last year- 50 sacks... Someone will have to explain this to me, but it sure looks like the Colts long term investment in Wentz is minimal, though cutting him in 2022, and gifting the Eagles a second round pick doesn't sound good.  

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm

    @hoorta said:

    Wentz was terrible last year. a third and a future second doesn't sound outrageous... 

    Wentz is on the Tim Tebow side of personality. Maybe the frustration of playing so poorly got to him.  He was a pinata last year- 50 sacks... Someone will have to explain this to me, but it sure looks like the Colts long term investment in Wentz is minimal, though cutting him in 2022, and gifting the Eagles a second round pick doesn't sound good.  

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm

    Carson Wentz is Brandon Weedon 2.0!

  • @hoorta said:

    Wentz was terrible last year. a third and a future second doesn't sound outrageous... 

    Wentz is on the Tim Tebow side of personality. Maybe the frustration of playing so poorly got to him.  He was a pinata last year- 50 sacks... Someone will have to explain this to me, but it sure looks like the Colts long term investment in Wentz is minimal, though cutting him in 2022, and gifting the Eagles a second round pick doesn't sound good.  

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm

    Carson Wentz is Brandon Weedon 2.0!

    @nickers said:

    Carson Wentz is Brandon Weedon 2.0!

    Nah- We-Done was gawdawful... Look up his stats and compare them to Wentz's if you don't believe me.  A better comparison would be our own Case Keenum. With 20\20 hindsight, glad we didn't draft him.   🙂 

  • Naturally the national media slobbers over anything Cowboys related.  Not sure why at this point since they have been a mediocre to shitty team for decades now.  But of course, tons of talk about what they should do with the "great"  Dak Prescott.  Well, I have an idea.    And note I put quotes around "great"  because, quite frankly  it is foolish IMO to think of Prescott as great.  He IS a good QB,  but I think he is vastly overrated just because he plays in Dallas.   I do NOT think, by any means that he is one of the best 10 QBs in the league.  I think he probably ranks between 15-20.    And they are  talking about tagging him for like  37 million bucks, which could make him like the 3rd highest paid qb in the league?  Pure Bologna.   Again, in my opinion, they have a guy backing him up,  Andy Dalton, who has career stats that are equal or better than Prescott.   And Dalton makes only like  3 million.  

    So, what should the Cowboys do? :    Cut him loose.  Let him go to FA.  Do NOT place the franchise tag on him for  the 37 million.   Let him hit the open market.  Who is going to offer him anywhere near that?   Maybe someone, but more fool them. 

    And they should  let Dalton start.....and  with that #10 pick they have in the draft,  take a QB of the future.  Or, if they can, move up several spaces in a trade to get one of Zack Wilson, or Justin Fields...and have a guy with a better upside leading their team  at rookie wage scale for the next 4 years.  

    Not that I care if the Cowboys suck forever. I hope they do.  (and  in wanting that I would say:  put  37 million into Prescott....and let the rest of the team falter and be shite.......goody , goody).  But I am just talking basic  value here.