Quinn highlights from Packers game
-
Braylon catches it and the rating swings to 111 as you add the TD & scratch the pick.
-
Braylon catches it and the rating swings to 111 as you add the TD & scratch the pick.
I wish Brady Quinn was our QB when Byner fumbled.
-
@shepwrite said:
I don't think that's a 43 rating, right? 7 of 11? Can't be.When your YPA is very low (6.2), it offsets a very good completion percentage. And as others have mentioned, the TD/INT flip made all the difference with his QBR.
-
Braylon catches it and the rating swings to 111 as you add the TD & scratch the pick.
Actually, it would be 128.3
-
Couple of things: Kosar took over around game six when Danileson went down and fumbled his first snap away. He played the rest of the season completely handcuffed as the Browns ran with two 1,000 yard rushers to the playoffs, where they choked to Marino in the second half. Berns was considered the starter from that point on, so technically he never earned a camp battle.
There are all kinds of problems on this team right now, mostly the lack of pass rush and the fact they still think Lewis can run the ball. The Quinn bashing needs to stop. He is the starter as he should be and Derek Bear is going to the land of NFL backup QB's.
If your goal is to create drama on the board that's one thing, but if you are still actually rooting against a kid because he's good looking and wasn't taken first overall, well, I gotta question your legitimacy as a Browns fan.
Enough with the "he hasn't won a job yet". He's winning one right now and it's the first time he has gotten a chance to.
It would be nice to see this team's fans get behind the promising QB instead of continuing to chickenshit over DA. Fans have changed a ton over the years and sometimes I gotta really wonder about the acumen and loyalty that's exhibited. The fact that there are people way more rooting for Quinn to fail than the overall success of the team sucks ass.
The guys like me and Flugs that wanted DA gone last year when he had some value still got behind him and the team prior to last season.
-
Braylon catches it and the rating swings to 111 as you add the TD & scratch the pick.
Actually, it would be 128.3
-
Thanks for the link--I don't get the NFL network and I couldn't get Sopcast to work, so it's nice to see some of what went on. Most of his passes looked pretty good, and it was nice to see Cribbs running after the catch with the same violence that he brings to his returns. Edwards' drop in the end zone is inexcusable, but no more or less than Quinn's next pass. Yeah, if he doesn't drop the ball there is no next pass, but if Quinn puts the next one on the money there isn't an interception either. And if my aunt had...
Dennis
Still, he clearly has the lead at the moment, and hopefully he'll build on it next week.
-
Who cares what Quinn looks like. You never see Anderson without his shirt off because he doesn't feel the need to work out and actually buff up like Quinn, Quinn is a workaholic and wants to be the best in every way possible. DA is content throwing up bombs and it shows in everything he does.
If you're seriously rooting against the kid because of what he looks like, you're pathetic.
-
Watching that video, I see that our WR's sure don't get a lot of seperation. Only Edwards on his drop beat his man enough for a clean look. Cribbs slant wasn't too bad, and although the TE's aren't getting away from their coverage, they are at least getting into their patterns without all the backyard zig-zagging from Winslow in recent years.
I still don't like Quinn's short-arm release. It has no zip on the ball. That INT was horrible, Braylon was blanketed on that play. The Packers stuffed seven men into the end zone on the drop, a little better play calling could have been utilized on that next play.
Watching that video, I see that our WR's sure don't get a lot of seperation. Only Edwards on his drop beat his man enough for a clean look. Cribbs slant wasn't too bad, and although the TE's aren't getting away from their coverage, they are at least getting into their patterns without all the backyard zig-zagging from Winslow in recent years.
I still don't like Quinn's short-arm release. It has no zip on the ball. That INT was horrible, Braylon was blanketed on that play. The Packers stuffed seven men into the end zone on the drop, a little better play calling could have been utilized on that next play.
Hey Riff, above is my original reply in this thread, it was followed by others accusing me of being a DA apologist and BQ hater. Plesae re-read my above statement, then promptly re-direct your comments toward the appropiate party
For reference: below is my second reply to this thread, mentioning other area's of concern. Again, if legit normal conversations that don't leave you with goo on your chin ain't going to be allowed around here, we might as well fold up the site now.
On the other hand, I assume you will refrain from addressing Lum and his views of DA ... and Flugel will stop translating 'DA' as 'Dumb Ass' since you two have taken this high road.
Yeah, I agree. But I don't like that quick 'push' of the football on those short-arm throws. It is the area I commented on after watching him at training camp. He will push it out when surrounded by a heavy rush, and it makes ya cringe everytime. Many times in practice he completed the pass, but I believe this is where people start questioning his arm strength.
Cribbs patterns look good, but once opposing teams pick-up on our plays and his routes, is he going to be able to read the coverage and make a decision on the fly?
Here is another video with all highlights from the game: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ers-17-Browns-0
Our defense looks like the same ole defense. these video's are great for stopping and starting, and pausing the play. we are soooo out of position and still playing chase.
The freaking Packers Play calling was probably even better than their execution ... we got beat like red-headed step children.
-
I addressed the Kosar thing at you, the rest is directed at people in general of which you and Zombo appear to be taking the "Quinn is a fag" approach.
Point being, I can get behind my QB (I mean rooting for him) whereas a lot of people seem to be fighting this. We had people who didn't even watch the game going by the stupid QBR shit like it's cut and dry. I've listened to people off the board ragging Quinn saying both QB's suck. I don't get it, he marched the team right down the field both times we had the ball and looked good doing it. Just like he did in 07 against San Fran and just like he did last year against Denver, so why are people so judgmental of this kid while forgiving DA of being a complete idiot?
I'm more than happy to wear the goo on my chin because I think this kid is going to be a pretty good one, regardless of people seemingly rooting against him.
As far as DA goes, he is a dumbfook. Enough of that dufus already, the ship has sailed unless Queen goes down. Call me a hypocrite but he's had his shot, Quinn is getting shot before even getting his chance.
At this point I'm done with the QB's and concentrating on what really ails this team, and that's lack of pass rush, Jamal Lewis, Kamerion Wimbley and Brodney Pool for now. Kind of like Satn last year when you kept trying to deflect criticism off DA and onto other aspects. That's where I'm at now, Queen is the starter so get used to it. Either become a Brady's Lady or get off the pot. I'm actually more worried about Zombo than you, I think Shep has turned Zombo into an anti Quinn.
-
Sounds like there was never really a 'competition' afterall.
Posturing and damage control. And like riff says if Quinn were to go down w/ an injury.
-
The whole Kosar thing is just downright stupid. That's not on me, it was just another stupid deterant from talking about Quinn. When anything negative about Quinn does surface, all of a sudden other QB's names get thrown into the mix to defer away from Queen herself.
I could give two-shits about DA when we are talking about Quinns game and I could give two-shits about Quinn when discussing DA. That's where even yourself has trouble ... this is a Quinn thread, I never even mentioned DA, Kosar, or anyone else until they were brought to the tables by others.
My point about the draft is that obviously Quinn isn't picture perfect as some within this thread have alluded. He obviously had/has flaws that other teams wanted to distance themselves from, he obviously has area's that have prevented him from winning a starting job competeing against the Charlie Frye's and Derek Andersosn of the league, and obviously has been held down by more than one coaching regime. So, that was used by me to open the door that there are some things to talk about negatively about his game. I made no mention that if he wasn't a first overall that he would suck for eternity, or ignored that others drafted much later in previous drafts have gone on to be some of the leagues elite ... that has nothing to do with it.
Can we talk about Quinn's entire game, good or bad, or not?
-
I addressed the Kosar thing at you, the rest is directed at people in general of which you and Zombo appear to be taking the "Quinn is a fag" approach.
Point being, I can get behind my QB (I mean rooting for him) whereas a lot of people seem to be fighting this. We had people who didn't even watch the game going by the stupid QBR shit like it's cut and dry. I've listened to people off the board ragging Quinn saying both QB's suck. I don't get it, he marched the team right down the field both times we had the ball and looked good doing it. Just like he did in 07 against San Fran and just like he did last year against Denver, so why are people so judgmental of this kid while forgiving DA of being a complete idiot?
I'm more than happy to wear the goo on my chin because I think this kid is going to be a pretty good one, regardless of people seemingly rooting against him.
As far as DA goes, he is a dumbfook. Enough of that dufus already, the ship has sailed unless Queen goes down. Call me a hypocrite but he's had his shot, Quinn is getting shot before even getting his chance.
At this point I'm done with the QB's and concentrating on what really ails this team, and that's lack of pass rush, Jamal Lewis, Kamerion Wimbley and Brodney Pool for now. Kind of like Satn last year when you kept trying to deflect criticism off DA and onto other aspects. That's where I'm at now, Queen is the starter so get used to it. Either become a Brady's Lady or get off the pot. I'm actually more worried about Zombo than you, I think Shep has turned Zombo into an anti Quinn.
-
I could give two-shits about DA when we are talking about Quinns game and I could give two-shits about Quinn when discussing DA. That's where even yourself has trouble ... this is a Quinn thread, I never even mentioned DA, Kosar, or anyone else until they were brought to the tables by others.
When the two guys are in the middle of a QB battle to win the starting job in such a pivotal year, you cant talk about one of them without mentioning the other.
The Browns invested a lot of resources, money, and hope into Quinn when they pulled the trigger on the draft day trade. If anybody here thinks DA DA DA DUMB has a snowball's chance in Cleveland to start this season is smoking some good shit.
IF the Mangina is smart, and I believe he is, BQ is going to start 16 games this year, as he should. The Browns need to unerstand what they have in this guy - a Queen or a King.
-
OBR now reporting Quinn is the man and continuing the QB competition is an exercise in futility at this point.
http://cle.scout.com/2/889173.html (sorry, it won't copy and paste)
-
The whole Kosar thing is just downright stupid. That's not on me, it was just another stupid deterant from talking about Quinn. When anything negative about Quinn does surface, all of a sudden other QB's names get thrown into the mix to defer away from Queen herself.
I could give two-shits about DA when we are talking about Quinns game and I could give two-shits about Quinn when discussing DA. That's where even yourself has trouble ... this is a Quinn thread, I never even mentioned DA, Kosar, or anyone else until they were brought to the tables by others.
My point about the draft is that obviously Quinn isn't picture perfect as some within this thread have alluded. He obviously had/has flaws that other teams wanted to distance themselves from, he obviously has area's that have prevented him from winning a starting job competeing against the Charlie Frye's and Derek Andersosn of the league, and obviously has been held down by more than one coaching regime. So, that was used by me to open the door that there are some things to talk about negatively about his game. I made no mention that if he wasn't a first overall that he would suck for eternity, or ignored that others drafted much later in previous drafts have gone on to be some of the leagues elite ... that has nothing to do with it.
Can we talk about Quinn's entire game, good or bad, or not?
My point about the draft is that obviously Quinn isn't picture perfect as some within this thread have alluded. He obviously had/has flaws that other teams wanted to distance themselves from, he obviously has area's that have prevented him from winning a starting job competeing against the Charlie Frye's and Derek Andersosn of the league, and obviously has been held down by more than one coaching regime. So, that was used by me to open the door that there are some things to talk about negatively about his game. I made no mention that if he wasn't a first overall that he would suck for eternity, or ignored that others drafted much later in previous drafts have gone on to be some of the leagues elite ... that has nothing to do with it.
Can we talk about Quinn's entire game, good or bad, or not?
As far as the draft goes, guys move up and down where they are taken for tons of reason. Not all even related to ability, and some because of over scrutinizing. I know you don't want compare names, but Rogers dropped for various reasons too. Bringing up Quinn dropping in the draft means nothing and has no real baring on evaluating his ability at this point.
The area that prevented him most from winning (or actually even getting a chance to compete for it) the job over Frye and DA in 2007 was his hold out. You don't come into camp at the QB position as a rookie that late and get a shot at the starting job, no matter where you play.
Who is the other coaching regime holding him down? He has played two years in the NFL under 1 regime and just started under a new one. The new one decided to say publicly that it was an open competition between the two guys. Considering DA has been a starter for 2 years and Quinn is the guy who has been the back up, that sounds more like DA being held down than Quinn.
Quinn had two bads in that game Saturday. The throw away that was a near pick and the pick in the endzone. The pick in the endzone wasn't from short arming passes (I still don't see that in him, he follows threw on all his throws I have seen), but from the bad habit of back leg hop throw. It took zip off his throw, which resulted it being behind Edwards. Is it a bad habit Quinn falls into on occassion? Sure it is. Does it worry me about him? Not in the least. This is something he does what, 1 out 25 throws or more a game at best right now?
-
I could give two-shits about DA when we are talking about Quinns game and I could give two-shits about Quinn when discussing DA. That's where even yourself has trouble ... this is a Quinn thread, I never even mentioned DA, Kosar, or anyone else until they were brought to the tables by others.
When the two guys are in the middle of a QB battle to win the starting job in such a pivotal year, you cant talk about one of them without mentioning the other.
The Browns invested a lot of resources, money, and hope into Quinn when they pulled the trigger on the draft day trade. If anybody here thinks DA DA DA DUMB has a snowball's chance in Cleveland to start this season is smoking some good shit.
IF the Mangina is smart, and I believe he is, BQ is going to start 16 games this year, as he should. The Browns need to unerstand what they have in this guy - a Queen or a King.
When the two guys are in the middle of a QB battle to win the starting job in such a pivotal year, you cant talk about one of them without mentioning the other.
The Browns invested a lot of resources, money, and hope into Quinn when they pulled the trigger on the draft day trade. If anybody here thinks DA DA DA DUMB has a snowball's chance in Cleveland to start this season is smoking some good shit.
IF the Mangina is smart, and I believe he is, BQ is going to start 16 games this year, as he should. The Browns need to unerstand what they have in this guy - a Queen or a King.
More contridictions .... "When two guys are in the middle of a QB battle ... someone is smoking the good shit if they think one of them has a chance" .... (hint: whoever was dumb enough to make the above statement is fried already)
-
OBR now reporting Quinn is the man and continuing the QB competition is an exercise in futility at this point.
http://cle.scout.com/2/889173.html (sorry, it won't copy and paste)
OBR now reporting Quinn is the man and continuing the QB competition is an exercise in futility at this point.
http://cle.scout.com/2/889173.html (sorry, it won't copy and paste)
That's a rant by an amateur columnist, not something from their "insider" reporting staff.
-
I wish Brady Quinn was our QB when Byner fumbled.
Thank the football gods that we have Stan and Zombo to educate us on the fundamentals of football and that discussing the QB position is pointless.
You know, I've had an epiphany based on their infinite wisdom: we should cut both DA and Quinn to save money and bring back Frye.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login