Skip to content

Dutch's 2020 Browns Questions

The Browns Board
90 13 3.3k
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I know I made a prediction in one thread or another.   I usually wait until final cuts.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    It's funny, basically everything was against Stefanski,......... and zoom

    .....Damn this was fun. And damn I'm sad it's over. 

    Me too.  😉

    Jigs at least it was ahhhhhh entertaining ?  Yes it was and now we look forward to the 2021 NFL Draft from Cleveland Ohio !  Yoo-hoo bring it on !

    Now where are my 2021 BROWNS prediction papers ?  Oh yeah here they are right with my 2020 ones.  😆

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mjp28 said:

    Me too.  😉

    Jigs at least it was ahhhhhh entertaining ?  Yes it was and now we look forward to the 2021 NFL Draft from Cleveland Ohio !  Yoo-hoo bring it on !

    Now where are my 2021 BROWNS prediction papers ?  Oh yeah here they are right with my 2020 ones.  😆

    So entertaining! How about that Bengals game? Titans? Steelers playoffs win?! So fun. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #19

    3. Ravens record?

    Bob806: 10-6

    Gipper: 11-5

    SdBacker80: 11-5

    DBone: 12-4

    Nero: 9-7

    Tour2ma: 13-3

    DutchOven: 11-5

    gumby73: 13-3

    Flugel: 12-4

    Coyote: 12-4

    Zombo: 10-6

    TexasAg: 11-5

    Ibleedbrown: 8-8

    Answer: The Baltimore Ravens went 11-5 in 2020, finishing in second place in the AFC North. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: We all expected the Ravens to fall off their 14-2 pace of 2019, but they were seriously in danger on not even making the playoffs after falling to 6-5 in November. They overcame a mediocre start and widespread Covid cases to win their last five games, and got revenge against Tennessee in beating the Titans in their Wild Card match up, before falling to Buffalo. Gipper, SdBacker80, Dutch Oven and TexasAg all share this tasty victory. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... There was one person who really, really thought the Ravens were going to crash back to Earth, and that was Mr. Nasty Ass Cincinnati Chili Lovin' Ibleedbrown. I appreciate his optimism, though. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I am pretty sure I will bomb on the next one...which I will assume will be what will the Steelers record be.  I think I suggested they would be mediocre. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Me too.  😉

    Jigs at least it was ahhhhhh entertaining ?  Yes it was and now we look forward to the 2021 NFL Draft from Cleveland Ohio !  Yoo-hoo bring it on !

    Now where are my 2021 BROWNS prediction papers ?  Oh yeah here they are right with my 2020 ones.  😆

    So entertaining! How about that Bengals game? Titans? Steelers playoffs win?! So fun. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #21

    @jiggins7919 said:

    So entertaining! How about that Bengals game? Titans? Steelers playoffs win?! So fun. 

    Oh yes and of course the NFL game of the year Baltimore at Cleveland....... the oh what if game to have the inside track for the AFCN division championship.

    2020 one hell of a year !

    GO BROWNS 2021.......baby !     😁

  • 3. Ravens record?

    Bob806: 10-6

    Gipper: 11-5

    SdBacker80: 11-5

    DBone: 12-4

    Nero: 9-7

    Tour2ma: 13-3

    DutchOven: 11-5

    gumby73: 13-3

    Flugel: 12-4

    Coyote: 12-4

    Zombo: 10-6

    TexasAg: 11-5

    Ibleedbrown: 8-8

    Answer: The Baltimore Ravens went 11-5 in 2020, finishing in second place in the AFC North. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: We all expected the Ravens to fall off their 14-2 pace of 2019, but they were seriously in danger on not even making the playoffs after falling to 6-5 in November. They overcame a mediocre start and widespread Covid cases to win their last five games, and got revenge against Tennessee in beating the Titans in their Wild Card match up, before falling to Buffalo. Gipper, SdBacker80, Dutch Oven and TexasAg all share this tasty victory. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... There was one person who really, really thought the Ravens were going to crash back to Earth, and that was Mr. Nasty Ass Cincinnati Chili Lovin' Ibleedbrown. I appreciate his optimism, though. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @dutch-oven said:

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... There was one person who really, really thought the Ravens were going to crash back to Earth, and that was Mr. Nasty Ass Cincinnati Chili Lovin' Ibleedbrown. I appreciate his optimism, though. 

    I did try to project the Cincy suckitude towards Baltimore. Ah well, maybe l’ll try voodoo next season

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... There was one person who really, really thought the Ravens were going to crash back to Earth, and that was Mr. Nasty Ass Cincinnati Chili Lovin' Ibleedbrown. I appreciate his optimism, though. 

    I did try to project the Cincy suckitude towards Baltimore. Ah well, maybe l’ll try voodoo next season

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I did try to project the Cincy suckitude towards Baltimore. Ah well, maybe l’ll try voodoo next season

    As long as Mr QB Joe Burrow comes back strong in the Queen City.  That's the voodoo that the Bengals need ( plus a good draft).

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24

    4. Steelers record?

    Bob806: 10-5-1

    Gipper: 8-8

    SdBacker80: 7-9

    DBone: 10-6

    Nero: 9-7

    Tour2ma: 10-6

    DutchOven: 11-5

    gumby: 7-8-1

    Flugel: 11-5

    Coyote: 9-7

    Zombo: 9-7

    TexasAg: 8-8

    Ibleedbrown: 6-10

    Answer: The Pittsburgh Steelers went 12-4 in 2020, winning the AFC North. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I'll admit, I seriously thought these sons of bitches were going to go undefeated before they finally crashed down to earth by losing four of their last five games. Before they knew it, they were down 28-0 to the Browns in their Wild Card game,  eventually losing 48-35. It is apparent that Ben Roethlisberger's best days are behind him, and while he might be the starter in 2021, the end is probably near. DutchOven and Flugel for the win. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... The Steelers went 8-8 in 2019 with Roethlisberger out for a huge chunk of the season, behind a very good defense and QBs named "Duck" and "Myles Garrett's Pinata", so I'm not sure why so many people thought they'd do the same WITH Big Ben back at the helm, unless they thought he was done physically. Ibleedbrown lead the charge for a crappy Steelers season. 

  • I am pretty sure I will bomb on the next one...which I will assume will be what will the Steelers record be.  I think I suggested they would be mediocre. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    I am pretty sure I will bomb on the next one...which I will assume will be what will the Steelers record be.  I think I suggested they would be mediocre. 

    I think a lot of people thought that....... maybe Roethlisberger with an off season ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am pretty sure I will bomb on the next one...which I will assume will be what will the Steelers record be.  I think I suggested they would be mediocre. 

    I think a lot of people thought that....... maybe Roethlisberger with an off season ?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mjp28 said:

    I think a lot of people thought that....... maybe Roethlisberger with an off season ?

    Gipper and I were just hoping for a mediocre season, which it turned into down the stretch.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I was calling for a Steelers/Bengals tie... Ibleedbrown had close company in both teams picks... whew! 

    I did not believe Ben's elbow/ or several fake body parts would last... His OL protection almost made that happen.. never thought of a dinking fest offense that got the ball out so quickly..

    Always enjoy these Dutch ! Keep them coming... How bout a post draft Questionaire this season?  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am pretty sure I will bomb on the next one...which I will assume will be what will the Steelers record be.  I think I suggested they would be mediocre. 

    I think a lot of people thought that....... maybe Roethlisberger with an off season ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #28

    @mjp28 said:

    I think a lot of people thought that....... maybe Roethlisberger with an off season ?

    I think that their season opening was a mirage.  My 8-8 prediction was fair....they just overachieved...for a while.

    ###  I had a whole discussion here on the Steelers, but I am deleting it and starting another thread so as not to  muddle up this thread with what could be  lengthy discussion.

  • 4. Steelers record?

    Bob806: 10-5-1

    Gipper: 8-8

    SdBacker80: 7-9

    DBone: 10-6

    Nero: 9-7

    Tour2ma: 10-6

    DutchOven: 11-5

    gumby: 7-8-1

    Flugel: 11-5

    Coyote: 9-7

    Zombo: 9-7

    TexasAg: 8-8

    Ibleedbrown: 6-10

    Answer: The Pittsburgh Steelers went 12-4 in 2020, winning the AFC North. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I'll admit, I seriously thought these sons of bitches were going to go undefeated before they finally crashed down to earth by losing four of their last five games. Before they knew it, they were down 28-0 to the Browns in their Wild Card game,  eventually losing 48-35. It is apparent that Ben Roethlisberger's best days are behind him, and while he might be the starter in 2021, the end is probably near. DutchOven and Flugel for the win. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... The Steelers went 8-8 in 2019 with Roethlisberger out for a huge chunk of the season, behind a very good defense and QBs named "Duck" and "Myles Garrett's Pinata", so I'm not sure why so many people thought they'd do the same WITH Big Ben back at the helm, unless they thought he was done physically. Ibleedbrown lead the charge for a crappy Steelers season. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @dutch-oven said:

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to...  Ibleedbrown lead the charge for a crappy Steelers season.  

    Two in a row... The kid is HOT...

    Like real  chili... Texas Chili... no beans allowed...

    ... and definitely no spaghetti...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #30

    5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

    Bob806: 384, 337

    Gipper: 380, 301

    SdBacker80: 374, 339

    DBone: 368, 424

    Nero: 350, 360

    Tour2ma: 444, 416

    Dutch Oven: 340, 381

    gumby73: 392, 369

    Flugel: 415, 385

    Coyote: 352, 402

    Zombo: 403, 325

    TexasAg: 320, 390

    Ibleedbrown: 333, 281

    Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone is Ibleedbrown! 

  • 5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

    Bob806: 384, 337

    Gipper: 380, 301

    SdBacker80: 374, 339

    DBone: 368, 424

    Nero: 350, 360

    Tour2ma: 444, 416

    Dutch Oven: 340, 381

    gumby73: 392, 369

    Flugel: 415, 385

    Coyote: 352, 402

    Zombo: 403, 325

    TexasAg: 320, 390

    Ibleedbrown: 333, 281

    Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone is Ibleedbrown! 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @dutch-oven said:

    5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

    Bob806: 384, 337

    Gipper: 380, 301

    SdBacker80: 374, 339

    DBone: 368, 424

    Nero: 350, 360

    Tour2ma: 444, 416

    Dutch Oven: 340, 381

    gumby73: 392, 369

    Flugel: 415, 385

    Coyote: 352, 402

    Zombo: 403, 325

    TexasAg: 320, 390

    Ibleedbrown: 333, 281

    Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone in Ibleedbrown! 

    The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

    I don't know....I think  Z  guessing  403 when the actual figure was 408....only 5 pts...less than a TD IS "real" close.  Same for Tour.....guessing  416 when the total was 419....a single Field goal...that is "real" close.    I myself seriously overrated their defensive prowess.  But no, not as badly as ibb.   Maybe he thought we would miss several games due to covid. 

  • 5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

    Bob806: 384, 337

    Gipper: 380, 301

    SdBacker80: 374, 339

    DBone: 368, 424

    Nero: 350, 360

    Tour2ma: 444, 416

    Dutch Oven: 340, 381

    gumby73: 392, 369

    Flugel: 415, 385

    Coyote: 352, 402

    Zombo: 403, 325

    TexasAg: 320, 390

    Ibleedbrown: 333, 281

    Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone is Ibleedbrown! 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #32

    @dutch-oven said:

    5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow? 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? *Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard!* ?.. Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. 

    my season is now complete  ?  ^^ that's complete cra-cra                                                                                           

      GIF thank you, in my base killing my dud, charles nelson reilly, best animated GIFs match game, free download                     no matter how many times our players fell down? They found their next man up..

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I'm on the board...

    ... cool.

  • 5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

    Bob806: 384, 337

    Gipper: 380, 301

    SdBacker80: 374, 339

    DBone: 368, 424

    Nero: 350, 360

    Tour2ma: 444, 416

    Dutch Oven: 340, 381

    gumby73: 392, 369

    Flugel: 415, 385

    Coyote: 352, 402

    Zombo: 403, 325

    TexasAg: 320, 390

    Ibleedbrown: 333, 281

    Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone is Ibleedbrown! 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #34

    @dutch-oven said:

    5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

    Bob806: 384, 337

    Gipper: 380, 301

    SdBacker80: 374, 339

    DBone: 368, 424

    Nero: 350, 360

    Tour2ma: 444, 416

    Dutch Oven: 340, 381

    gumby73: 392, 369

    Flugel: 415, 385

    Coyote: 352, 402

    Zombo: 403, 325

    TexasAg: 320, 390

    Ibleedbrown: 333, 281

    Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone in Ibleedbrown! 

    Couple thoughts.

    1. Thanks for the research, I think that is an interesting data. 

    2. If you are half-awarding something... I guessed the differential -10 (350-360). I guess you have to rob me points every year. 

    3. You wouldn't use "en fuego" in any context. If it was about somebody, you would use "en llamas" (in flames), if you mean to say something like "where are the papers? In the fire") you would use "en EL fuego". About the term being ON FIRE, we use "en racha" (on a streak) or other Slangs I'm lazy to explain. 

    4. I know it was a joke 😉 But sometimes languages are intneresting on the way they work. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

    Bob806: 384, 337

    Gipper: 380, 301

    SdBacker80: 374, 339

    DBone: 368, 424

    Nero: 350, 360

    Tour2ma: 444, 416

    Dutch Oven: 340, 381

    gumby73: 392, 369

    Flugel: 415, 385

    Coyote: 352, 402

    Zombo: 403, 325

    TexasAg: 320, 390

    Ibleedbrown: 333, 281

    Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone in Ibleedbrown! 

    Couple thoughts.

    1. Thanks for the research, I think that is an interesting data. 

    2. If you are half-awarding something... I guessed the differential -10 (350-360). I guess you have to rob me points every year. 

    3. You wouldn't use "en fuego" in any context. If it was about somebody, you would use "en llamas" (in flames), if you mean to say something like "where are the papers? In the fire") you would use "en EL fuego". About the term being ON FIRE, we use "en racha" (on a streak) or other Slangs I'm lazy to explain. 

    4. I know it was a joke 😉 But sometimes languages are intneresting on the way they work. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #35

    @nero said:

    Couple thoughts.

    1. Thanks for the research, I think that is an interesting data. 

    2. If you are half-awarding something... I guessed the differential -10 (350-360). I guess you have to rob me points every year. 

    3. You wouldn't use "en fuego" in any context. If it was about somebody, you would use "en llamas" (in flames), if you mean to say something like "where are the papers? In the fire") you would use "en EL fuego". About the term being ON FIRE, we use "en racha" (on a streak) or other Slangs I'm lazy to explain. 

    4. I know it was a joke 😉 But sometimes languages are intneresting on the way they work. 

    I remember long ago ESPN'S Dan Patrick was corrected about the use of "en fuego" by a Spanish teacher when he was using it incorrectly in that sort of that literal "lost in translation" type of use.   Kind of the gringo visitor with a Spanish/English dictionary method of conversation.

    I also remember in 1981 on our honeymoon in Mexico City and Acapulco when we were in a Mexico City bookstore and I would show off my command of the Spanish language and got some strange looks by the book store people there.......or it was just a game ? they enjoyed playing with the gringos there.  Is gringos correct there?

    Oh well....fun with words on a BROWNS off-season game of skill and prognostication....or is it just dumb luck? 😆

    Hmmmm I could really go for a good hot juicy racna about now.   😛

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #36

    And it lives on.....

    Dan Patrick, en fuego, hits NY

    NBC sportscaster Dan Patrick is enjoying covering his first Olympics. Credit: Getty Images

    By Neil BestJanuary 14, 2011 10:39 AM

    It has been 3½ years (2007 !) since Dan Patrick left ESPN, a career move many thought he would come to regret. Nope. Not yet, anyway.

    Since 2007 he happily has gone about his post-Bristol business, developing a syndicated radio show that evolved into a TV simulcast, writing for Sports Illustrated and hosting NBC’s NFL studio show.“I refuse to go away,’’ he joked Thursday.One glaringly large piece has been missing from his media portfolio, though: New York.

    The radio show is on satellite radio, and the TV version has been on DirecTV since 2009. But Monday the majority of area residents will have access to him for the first time when MSG Plus begins to carry the simulcast from 9 a.m. to noon.

    (He still won't be on terrestrial radio here. WFAN is all local, and 1050 ESPN is owned by, um, ESPN.)

    “MSG was something I thought was important,’’ Patrick said............and on en fuego goes........