Skip to content

Dutch's 2020 Browns Questions

The Browns Board
90 13 3.3k
  • 12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett have?

    Bob806: 16

    Gipper: 17

    SdBacker80: 19

    DBone: 13

    Nero: 18

    Tour2ma: 17

    Dutch Oven: 13

    gumby73: 15

    Flugel: 14.5

    Coyote: 21

    Zombo: 21

    TexasAg: 21

    Ibleedbrown: 18

    Answer: Browns DE Myles Garrett had 12 sacks in 2020.

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Looks like the liberal hoax also took down Myles Garrett, as he was on pace to possibly winning the Defensive Player of the Year award until he came down with Covid. He never was the same after returning off the Covid List, struggling to catch his breath after most plays. DBone and Dutch Oven share the win on this question. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It's a damn shame we didn't get to see what Garrett would have done if he had stayed healthy, as he was on a sack a game pace before getting sick, and he missed some favorable matchups. Because of this, I'm not going to award anyone this dubious distinction.  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @dutch-oven said:

    DBone and Dutch Oven share the win on this question. 

    So much for sucking up, DB... 😉

  • @dutch-oven said:

    DBone and Dutch Oven share the win on this question. 

    So much for sucking up, DB... 😉

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @tour2ma said:

    So much for sucking up, DB... 😉

    So there's no confusion, DBone won the tiebreaker with me on this... ?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    DBone and Dutch Oven share the win on this question. 

    So much for sucking up, DB... 😉

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @tour2ma said:

    So much for sucking up, DB... 😉

    @dutch-oven said:

    So there's no confusion, DBone won the tiebreaker with me on this... ?

    BOOM! 

  • 12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett have?

    Bob806: 16

    Gipper: 17

    SdBacker80: 19

    DBone: 13

    Nero: 18

    Tour2ma: 17

    Dutch Oven: 13

    gumby73: 15

    Flugel: 14.5

    Coyote: 21

    Zombo: 21

    TexasAg: 21

    Ibleedbrown: 18

    Answer: Browns DE Myles Garrett had 12 sacks in 2020.

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Looks like the liberal hoax also took down Myles Garrett, as he was on pace to possibly winning the Defensive Player of the Year award until he came down with Covid. He never was the same after returning off the Covid List, struggling to catch his breath after most plays. DBone and Dutch Oven share the win on this question. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It's a damn shame we didn't get to see what Garrett would have done if he had stayed healthy, as he was on a sack a game pace before getting sick, and he missed some favorable matchups. Because of this, I'm not going to award anyone this dubious distinction.  

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @dutch-oven said:

    12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett have?

    Nero: 18

    he was on a sack a game pace before getting sick

    I rest my case

    Hello I'm Nero and I'm here to copy Tour. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #73

    13. Browns record vs AFC North?

    Bob806: 4-1-1

    Gipper: 4-2

    SdBacker80: 4-2

    DBone: 2-4

    Nero: 4-2

    Tour2ma: 2-4

    Dutch Oven: 2-4

    gumby73: 3-3

    Flugel: 3-3

    Coyote: 3-3

    Zombo: 4-2

    TexasAg: 3-3

    Ibleedbrown: 4-2

    Answer: The Browns went 3-3 vs their AFC North rivals in 2020. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This category started off rough for the Browns, after they got obliterated by the Ravens and Steelers on the road, but they swept the Bengals and beat a Steelers squad sitting some key starters in the season finale to even their record vs the AFC North. gumby, Flugel, Coyote and TexasAg all share in the spoils of victory.

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I suppose Bob806's prediction was a bit optimistic. Maybe next year!

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #74

    14. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins? 

    Bob806: Kansas City over LA Rams

    Gipper: Kansas City over New Orleans

    SdBacker80: New Orleans over Kansas City

    DBone: Baltimore over San Francisco

    Nero: New Orleans over Kansas City

    Tour2ma: Tennessee over Dallas

    Dutch Oven: Kansas City over New Orleans

    gumby73: Kansas City over San Francisco

    Flugel: Tampa Bay over Baltimore

    Coyote: Kansas City over Tampa Bay

    Zombo: Cleveland over Dallas

    TexasAg: Kansas City over (?)

    Ibleedbrown: Cleveland over Green Bay

    Answer: Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LV 31-9. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Kansas City seemed primed to repeat as champions, as they went 14-2 in the regular season, but by the time they made it out of the playoffs they were somewhat battered and bruised. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, had hit another gear by the time they took the field at their home stadium, and repeatedly punched the Chiefs in the face. Tom Brady, who obviously sold his soul to the devil, won his seventh Super Bowl title. No one picked a Tampa Bay over Kansas City Super Bowl, but Flugel did predict a Bucs title. Coyote gets an 'atta boy!' for picking the two correct teams, but the wrong result.

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... No one picked a matchup of two teams that didn't make the playoffs, but Tour's selection of Dallas as the NFC participant was a doozy, as was TexAg's puzzling choice of no one to play against Kansas City. Something must have been in the Texas water back in September ?

    And this concludes another fun-filled edition of Dutch's Browns Questions! Thank you all for participating, I hope to see you (and more of you) come September 2021 for another round of shenanigans and tomfoolery! 

  • CoyoteC Coyote wrote on last edited by
    #75

    Tied for 2nd..........Hell yes!!    I'll take that.  

  • Tied for 2nd..........Hell yes!!    I'll take that.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @coyote said:

    Tied for 2nd..........Hell yes!!    I'll take that.  

    And I tied with my long lost distant cousin Nero.?

  • @coyote said:

    Tied for 2nd..........Hell yes!!    I'll take that.  

    And I tied with my long lost distant cousin Nero.?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I tied with my long lost distant cousin Nero.?

    To be honest, I was scared as shit when I saw Zombo's post. I thought I was last. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Zombo said:

    You won the "color between the lines" award .... You got none right, but you got none wrong.

    Zombo

    I got one kind of right, and I was the closest in the -10 point differential... But I don't expect justice from this Board, such is the life of a Spaniard in an American forum... sigh 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Zombo said:

    Blame the Netherlands. The Dutch makes the call, this American just tallies them up.

    Zombo

    Plus he has Italian heritage! He was born to become a Spaniard's nightmare. 

  • Zombo said:

    You won the "color between the lines" award .... You got none right, but you got none wrong.

    Zombo

    I got one kind of right, and I was the closest in the -10 point differential... But I don't expect justice from this Board, such is the life of a Spaniard in an American forum... sigh 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @nero said:

    I got one kind of right, and I was the closest in the -10 point differential... But I don't expect justice from this Board, such is the life of a Spaniard in an American forum... sigh 

    Remember the Maine!!

    ?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #81

    12. Gipper 13

    13 Bob 806 12

    I mainly erred by being too optimistic about the performance of the Browns offense!  But they had an outstanding offensive season. 

  • 12. Gipper 13

    13 Bob 806 12

    I mainly erred by being too optimistic about the performance of the Browns offense!  But they had an outstanding offensive season. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #82

    @the-gipper said:

    But they had an outstanding offensive season. 

    While in the words of our fabulous host.... Tavern Dutch Oven... "This defense is Hot Garbage" 

  • Zombo said:

    Blame the Netherlands. The Dutch makes the call, this American just tallies them up.

    Zombo

    Plus he has Italian heritage! He was born to become a Spaniard's nightmare. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @nero said:

    Plus he has Italian heritage! He was born to become a Spaniard's nightmare. 

    Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?

  • @nero said:

    Plus he has Italian heritage! He was born to become a Spaniard's nightmare. 

    Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @tour2ma said:

    Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?

    Columbus may not even have been from Italy.  A theory says he was actually Catalonian. 

  • @nero said:

    Plus he has Italian heritage! He was born to become a Spaniard's nightmare. 

    Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @tour2ma said:

    Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?

    Any European can tell you that you must hate your neighbours, because most likely you have fought against them. Having said that, Spain has a great relationship with Portugal and we are very similar to Italy, so there are no hard feelings.

    I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries... 

    Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Columbus may not even have been from Italy.  A theory says he was actually Catalonian. 

    That's a theory that comes from Catalonian nationalists, I believe. Columbus was genoese, but then again Italy didn't exist till XIX.

    As fellow 'American Dream' lovers, though... The entire enterprise was founded by the Spanish Crown and the sailors and ships were Spanish. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?

    Any European can tell you that you must hate your neighbours, because most likely you have fought against them. Having said that, Spain has a great relationship with Portugal and we are very similar to Italy, so there are no hard feelings.

    I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries... 

    Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Columbus may not even have been from Italy.  A theory says he was actually Catalonian. 

    That's a theory that comes from Catalonian nationalists, I believe. Columbus was genoese, but then again Italy didn't exist till XIX.

    As fellow 'American Dream' lovers, though... The entire enterprise was founded by the Spanish Crown and the sailors and ships were Spanish. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @nero said:

    I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries...

    Not to mention what they did to the Spanish Armada which I am almost certain is where my Spanish DNA came from since my lineage is almost all from England. Those Spanish devils that survived apparently were greatly rewarded by English lassies. ??

    @nero said:

    Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe.

    Agree with the exception of driving in the countryside of France where people were also most welcoming to los Americanos extranjeros. Especially true in Normandy and Bordeaux regions.

  • @nero said:

    I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries...

    Not to mention what they did to the Spanish Armada which I am almost certain is where my Spanish DNA came from since my lineage is almost all from England. Those Spanish devils that survived apparently were greatly rewarded by English lassies. ??

    @nero said:

    Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe.

    Agree with the exception of driving in the countryside of France where people were also most welcoming to los Americanos extranjeros. Especially true in Normandy and Bordeaux regions.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not to mention what they did to the Spanish Armada which I am almost certain is where my Spanish DNA came from since my lineage is almost all from England. Those Spanish devils that survived apparently were greatly rewarded by English lassies. ??

    Agree with the exception of driving in the countryside of France where people were also most welcoming to los Americanos extranjeros. Especially true in Normandy and Bordeaux regions.

    Spanish Armada was mostly defeated by the weather conditions, which made many ships wreck. It was a shit show from the get go, though. 

    Tourist places will always be tourist places, and they thrive on being welcoming. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #88

    Fuck Christopher Columbus, regardless of his nationality.