Dutch's 2020 Browns Questions
-
12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett have?
Bob806: 16
Gipper: 17
SdBacker80: 19
DBone: 13
Nero: 18
Tour2ma: 17
Dutch Oven: 13
gumby73: 15
Flugel: 14.5
Coyote: 21
Zombo: 21
TexasAg: 21
Ibleedbrown: 18
Answer: Browns DE Myles Garrett had 12 sacks in 2020.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Looks like the liberal hoax also took down Myles Garrett, as he was on pace to possibly winning the Defensive Player of the Year award until he came down with Covid. He never was the same after returning off the Covid List, struggling to catch his breath after most plays. DBone and Dutch Oven share the win on this question.
And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It's a damn shame we didn't get to see what Garrett would have done if he had stayed healthy, as he was on a sack a game pace before getting sick, and he missed some favorable matchups. Because of this, I'm not going to award anyone this dubious distinction.
12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett have?
Nero: 18
he was on a sack a game pace before getting sick
I rest my case
Hello I'm Nero and I'm here to copy Tour.
-
13. Browns record vs AFC North?
Bob806: 4-1-1
Gipper: 4-2
SdBacker80: 4-2
DBone: 2-4
Nero: 4-2
Tour2ma: 2-4
Dutch Oven: 2-4
gumby73: 3-3
Flugel: 3-3
Coyote: 3-3
Zombo: 4-2
TexasAg: 3-3
Ibleedbrown: 4-2
Answer: The Browns went 3-3 vs their AFC North rivals in 2020.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This category started off rough for the Browns, after they got obliterated by the Ravens and Steelers on the road, but they swept the Bengals and beat a Steelers squad sitting some key starters in the season finale to even their record vs the AFC North. gumby, Flugel, Coyote and TexasAg all share in the spoils of victory.
And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I suppose Bob806's prediction was a bit optimistic. Maybe next year!
-
14. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?
Bob806: Kansas City over LA Rams
Gipper: Kansas City over New Orleans
SdBacker80: New Orleans over Kansas City
DBone: Baltimore over San Francisco
Nero: New Orleans over Kansas City
Tour2ma: Tennessee over Dallas
Dutch Oven: Kansas City over New Orleans
gumby73: Kansas City over San Francisco
Flugel: Tampa Bay over Baltimore
Coyote: Kansas City over Tampa Bay
Zombo: Cleveland over Dallas
TexasAg: Kansas City over (?)
Ibleedbrown: Cleveland over Green Bay
Answer: Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LV 31-9.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Kansas City seemed primed to repeat as champions, as they went 14-2 in the regular season, but by the time they made it out of the playoffs they were somewhat battered and bruised. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, had hit another gear by the time they took the field at their home stadium, and repeatedly punched the Chiefs in the face. Tom Brady, who obviously sold his soul to the devil, won his seventh Super Bowl title. No one picked a Tampa Bay over Kansas City Super Bowl, but Flugel did predict a Bucs title. Coyote gets an 'atta boy!' for picking the two correct teams, but the wrong result.
And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... No one picked a matchup of two teams that didn't make the playoffs, but Tour's selection of Dallas as the NFC participant was a doozy, as was TexAg's puzzling choice of no one to play against Kansas City. Something must have been in the Texas water back in September ?
And this concludes another fun-filled edition of Dutch's Browns Questions! Thank you all for participating, I hope to see you (and more of you) come September 2021 for another round of shenanigans and tomfoolery!
-
-
-
And I tied with my long lost distant cousin Nero.?
To be honest, I was scared as shit when I saw Zombo's post. I thought I was last.
-
Zombo said:
You won the "color between the lines" award .... You got none right, but you got none wrong.
Zombo
I got one kind of right, and I was the closest in the -10 point differential... But I don't expect justice from this Board, such is the life of a Spaniard in an American forum... sigh
-
-
Zombo said:
You won the "color between the lines" award .... You got none right, but you got none wrong.
Zombo
I got one kind of right, and I was the closest in the -10 point differential... But I don't expect justice from this Board, such is the life of a Spaniard in an American forum... sigh
-
12. Gipper 13
13 Bob 806 12
I mainly erred by being too optimistic about the performance of the Browns offense! But they had an outstanding offensive season.
-
12. Gipper 13
13 Bob 806 12
I mainly erred by being too optimistic about the performance of the Browns offense! But they had an outstanding offensive season.
But they had an outstanding offensive season.
While in the words of our fabulous host.... Tavern Dutch Oven... "This defense is Hot Garbage"
-
Zombo said:
Blame the Netherlands. The Dutch makes the call, this American just tallies them up.
Zombo
Plus he has Italian heritage! He was born to become a Spaniard's nightmare.
-
-
Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?
Any European can tell you that you must hate your neighbours, because most likely you have fought against them. Having said that, Spain has a great relationship with Portugal and we are very similar to Italy, so there are no hard feelings.
I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries...
Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe.Columbus may not even have been from Italy. A theory says he was actually Catalonian.
That's a theory that comes from Catalonian nationalists, I believe. Columbus was genoese, but then again Italy didn't exist till XIX.
As fellow 'American Dream' lovers, though... The entire enterprise was founded by the Spanish Crown and the sailors and ships were Spanish. -
Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?
Any European can tell you that you must hate your neighbours, because most likely you have fought against them. Having said that, Spain has a great relationship with Portugal and we are very similar to Italy, so there are no hard feelings.
I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries...
Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe.Columbus may not even have been from Italy. A theory says he was actually Catalonian.
That's a theory that comes from Catalonian nationalists, I believe. Columbus was genoese, but then again Italy didn't exist till XIX.
As fellow 'American Dream' lovers, though... The entire enterprise was founded by the Spanish Crown and the sailors and ships were Spanish.I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries...
Not to mention what they did to the Spanish Armada which I am almost certain is where my Spanish DNA came from since my lineage is almost all from England. Those Spanish devils that survived apparently were greatly rewarded by English lassies. ??
Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe.
Agree with the exception of driving in the countryside of France where people were also most welcoming to los Americanos extranjeros. Especially true in Normandy and Bordeaux regions.
-
I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries...
Not to mention what they did to the Spanish Armada which I am almost certain is where my Spanish DNA came from since my lineage is almost all from England. Those Spanish devils that survived apparently were greatly rewarded by English lassies. ??
Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe.
Agree with the exception of driving in the countryside of France where people were also most welcoming to los Americanos extranjeros. Especially true in Normandy and Bordeaux regions.
Not to mention what they did to the Spanish Armada which I am almost certain is where my Spanish DNA came from since my lineage is almost all from England. Those Spanish devils that survived apparently were greatly rewarded by English lassies. ??
Agree with the exception of driving in the countryside of France where people were also most welcoming to los Americanos extranjeros. Especially true in Normandy and Bordeaux regions.
Spanish Armada was mostly defeated by the weather conditions, which made many ships wreck. It was a shit show from the get go, though.
Tourist places will always be tourist places, and they thrive on being welcoming.
-
Fuck Christopher Columbus, regardless of his nationality.
-
Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?
Any European can tell you that you must hate your neighbours, because most likely you have fought against them. Having said that, Spain has a great relationship with Portugal and we are very similar to Italy, so there are no hard feelings.
I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries...
Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe.Columbus may not even have been from Italy. A theory says he was actually Catalonian.
That's a theory that comes from Catalonian nationalists, I believe. Columbus was genoese, but then again Italy didn't exist till XIX.
As fellow 'American Dream' lovers, though... The entire enterprise was founded by the Spanish Crown and the sailors and ships were Spanish.That's a theory that comes from Catalonian nationalists, I believe. Columbus was genoese, but then again Italy didn't exist till XIX.
As fellow 'American Dream' lovers, though... The entire enterprise was founded by the Spanish Crown and the sailors and ships were Spanish.Yes, that of course is true. I just know that there have been some questioning of Columbus's origins.
The thing is, over here, Columbus Day is treated much like an unofficial "Italian-American" Day" kind of like St. Patrick's Day for the Irish. It would burst a lot of bubbles if it were confirmed that Columbus was not from (what is now) Italy.
-
Fuck Christopher Columbus, regardless of his nationality.
Fuck Christopher Columbus, regardless of his nationality.
If it had not been Columbus it would have been some other person/navigator that would have done the same thing maybe 3- 5 years later. So, giving Columbus shit is misplaced. In fact, it was some other navigator just a few years later that gave us the name "America". So, blame Vespucci instead.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login