Pittsburgh Issues
-
Tell this fucktard that no one cares what he sees or does not see. He could fly to the fucking moon and no one would notice.
As I said, I only utilize his takes as a trigger point to enunciate my own commentary about the subject of the thread for the board to consume.
If he wants to remain ignorant, I guess that is his choice. Of course, ignorance is the hallmark of being a Pittsburgh Steeler fan.
-
I hear you. But here is the interesting thing: It is the Steelers that have all the drama here in the offseason. The Browns appear to be the well run, stable franchise comparatively.
Plus, why not engage in a little Schadenfraude.
Lol....well I have family in Pittsburgh (my sister married into it) and I'm sick & tired of hearing about how great they are/were.
But yeah, I sure hope the tide is turning the Browns way. My hunch says yes indeed, let's see how it plays out. It's hard (for me anyway) to trash talk a team that's beat our ass for so long. I just hate and try to ignore them (and the Ratbirds).
-
It’s remarkable just how civil conversations can be when I have the browns board “oracle” on ignore. It’s an entirely different board. He also incites the others that hit their own dicks with hammers. I think more people should try it.(ignoring) I can even put together a little guide.
It’s remarkable just how civil conversations can be when I have the browns board “oracle” on ignore. It’s an entirely different board. He also incites the others that hit their own dicks with hammers. I think more people should try it.(ignoring) I can even put together a little guide.
I've been telling folks that for years...
... and you are one of those "folks".
-
-
It’s remarkable just how civil conversations can be when I have the browns board “oracle” on ignore. It’s an entirely different board. He also incites the others that hit their own dicks with hammers. I think more people should try it.(ignoring) I can even put together a little guide.
I've been telling folks that for years...
... and you are one of those "folks".
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
Look at Atlanta & The Rams.. After paying their top 6-7 players/and dead money...their looking at 40/50 million left to fill out the rest of the roster... 🥷 yikes!
Saints -112M... G00d Grief....
-
It’s remarkable just how civil conversations can be when I have the browns board “oracle” on ignore. It’s an entirely different board. He also incites the others that hit their own dicks with hammers. I think more people should try it.(ignoring) I can even put together a little guide.
I've been telling folks that for years...
... and you are one of those "folks".
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
Oh, no. Vulvatron says that that team can just snap their fingers by restructuring a few contracts and get down to 30 million under the cap.
You are our resident cap guru. What would it really take for them to do that?
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
All of which could put them a significant amount under the cap considering how much money Ben counts against it currently.
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
All of which could put them a significant amount under the cap considering how much money Ben counts against it currently.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
See what I mean? Delusional. I know that Unsymp read what he said and likely LOLs at it. And Clitotron has been requested several time to enumerate just what those numbers would be...yet has failed to do so:
1. How does one take a lot less money not via a restructure? (and, OK, maybe money isn't important to him....it is important to his wife, his agent, the union etc.). But let's assume that happens..... at most they can chip off 19 mill of a 35 mill deficit. Down now to 16 mill over.
2. McDonald, OK gives them another 5 mill off. Down to 11 mill over.
3. Are those other two Pro Bowlers going to take a steep reduction in their salaries just to help the Steelers break even on their cap? Most of the time people have taken discounts so that the team can get players that can improve the team's chances. Are all these guys: BR/Heyward/DeCastro that unselfish.....just to help the team out of cap hell...NOT to help it acquire new talented players.
4. Could the retirement of Pouncey help there? What kind of cap money would that save, if any?
5. And would all this just be so they can stay status quo? Could they keep Conner (why would they want to) and Smith-Shuster, and Dupree. And Avery Williamson?
Help us out Unsymp....if you can.
-
This article talks in terms of the effect of actually releasing a number of players would have on the Steeler's cap situation:
-
-
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
All of which could put them a significant amount under the cap considering how much money Ben counts against it currently.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
All of which could put them a significant amount under the cap considering how much money Ben counts against it currently.
I mean, even if all that happens the Steelers are in a bad salary cap situation. There's absolutely no way they can keep several of their starters, and on top of that plan for TJ Watt and Fitzpatrick (assuming they are priority, which they are). Rooney has admitted they put themselves in a bad situation: https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/1/29/22255394/steelers-current-salary-cap-situation-has-them-reconsidering-the-way-they-do-contracts-art-rooney. I respect the family for what they do with vets, but planning $41 million dollars for a 38 year old QB was bad salary cap planning. No way around it, Steelers are in a VERY tough spot assuming Ben comes back. It's naive to think otherwise.
Candidly, from what I saw with Big Ben this year I'm not sure I'd want him under center. His play this year eerily reminded me of Manning before his injuries. I don't doubt Ben, if released, would pull a Phillip Rivers and go to a contender for a year (Bears, Colts, 49ers), but he just looks like he didn't, and won't, come back from his injury. Delhomme was the same way afterward.
-
-
Found this as something interesting to watch, with strapped cap teams... it's going to get creative alright.. https://overthecap.com/eagles-get-creative-with-the-salary-cap/
I'm keeping my eyes on the Eagles defensive pieces due to Berry & tHowie Roseman connection.. Atlanta is another team to watch.. Donte Fowler jr. maybe out? Also asking Grady Jarrett & or Deion Jones to reconstruct?
-
i was meaning pittsburgh
Absolutely not, I'd be livid if they tried. You saw what Stafford got so Watson would get significantly more. I really like Watson, he's right below Mahomes but the capital required to get him would be insane and you mortgage the future of your team. The Steelers have made some "out of character" trades recently but that one would be a complete and total departure and if they wanted a QB i'd much rather see them trade up and draft someone like Trey Lance.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login