Pittsburgh Issues
-
It’s remarkable just how civil conversations can be when I have the browns board “oracle” on ignore. It’s an entirely different board. He also incites the others that hit their own dicks with hammers. I think more people should try it.(ignoring) I can even put together a little guide.
I've been telling folks that for years...
... and you are one of those "folks".
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
Oh, no. Vulvatron says that that team can just snap their fingers by restructuring a few contracts and get down to 30 million under the cap.
You are our resident cap guru. What would it really take for them to do that?
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
All of which could put them a significant amount under the cap considering how much money Ben counts against it currently.
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
All of which could put them a significant amount under the cap considering how much money Ben counts against it currently.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
See what I mean? Delusional. I know that Unsymp read what he said and likely LOLs at it. And Clitotron has been requested several time to enumerate just what those numbers would be...yet has failed to do so:
1. How does one take a lot less money not via a restructure? (and, OK, maybe money isn't important to him....it is important to his wife, his agent, the union etc.). But let's assume that happens..... at most they can chip off 19 mill of a 35 mill deficit. Down now to 16 mill over.
2. McDonald, OK gives them another 5 mill off. Down to 11 mill over.
3. Are those other two Pro Bowlers going to take a steep reduction in their salaries just to help the Steelers break even on their cap? Most of the time people have taken discounts so that the team can get players that can improve the team's chances. Are all these guys: BR/Heyward/DeCastro that unselfish.....just to help the team out of cap hell...NOT to help it acquire new talented players.
4. Could the retirement of Pouncey help there? What kind of cap money would that save, if any?
5. And would all this just be so they can stay status quo? Could they keep Conner (why would they want to) and Smith-Shuster, and Dupree. And Avery Williamson?
Help us out Unsymp....if you can.
-
This article talks in terms of the effect of actually releasing a number of players would have on the Steeler's cap situation:
-
-
-
Both Bears and Steelers are deep in the red even with the cap at 2020 levels.. Never say never of course but that doesn't look remotely plausible for either organization given current contracts and overall cap situations.
I'm sure there's plenty of Bleacherreport articles ready to help you think otherwise, but factually bears/steelers are sellers this offseason not buyers.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
All of which could put them a significant amount under the cap considering how much money Ben counts against it currently.
I guess you aren’t reading what I’m saying? I can post sources if necessary. I get you want the Steelers to be in hell but I don’t believe they will be especially if the cap comes in at 185
1. Ben is going to take a lot less money and not via a restructure. He’s on record again saying his contract is not important.
2. Vance retiring gave them over 5m
3 Decastro and heyward are set to restructure.
All of which could put them a significant amount under the cap considering how much money Ben counts against it currently.
I mean, even if all that happens the Steelers are in a bad salary cap situation. There's absolutely no way they can keep several of their starters, and on top of that plan for TJ Watt and Fitzpatrick (assuming they are priority, which they are). Rooney has admitted they put themselves in a bad situation: https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/1/29/22255394/steelers-current-salary-cap-situation-has-them-reconsidering-the-way-they-do-contracts-art-rooney. I respect the family for what they do with vets, but planning $41 million dollars for a 38 year old QB was bad salary cap planning. No way around it, Steelers are in a VERY tough spot assuming Ben comes back. It's naive to think otherwise.
Candidly, from what I saw with Big Ben this year I'm not sure I'd want him under center. His play this year eerily reminded me of Manning before his injuries. I don't doubt Ben, if released, would pull a Phillip Rivers and go to a contender for a year (Bears, Colts, 49ers), but he just looks like he didn't, and won't, come back from his injury. Delhomme was the same way afterward.
-
-
Found this as something interesting to watch, with strapped cap teams... it's going to get creative alright.. https://overthecap.com/eagles-get-creative-with-the-salary-cap/
I'm keeping my eyes on the Eagles defensive pieces due to Berry & tHowie Roseman connection.. Atlanta is another team to watch.. Donte Fowler jr. maybe out? Also asking Grady Jarrett & or Deion Jones to reconstruct?
-
i was meaning pittsburgh
Absolutely not, I'd be livid if they tried. You saw what Stafford got so Watson would get significantly more. I really like Watson, he's right below Mahomes but the capital required to get him would be insane and you mortgage the future of your team. The Steelers have made some "out of character" trades recently but that one would be a complete and total departure and if they wanted a QB i'd much rather see them trade up and draft someone like Trey Lance.
-
Found this as something interesting to watch, with strapped cap teams... it's going to get creative alright.. https://overthecap.com/eagles-get-creative-with-the-salary-cap/
I'm keeping my eyes on the Eagles defensive pieces due to Berry & tHowie Roseman connection.. Atlanta is another team to watch.. Donte Fowler jr. maybe out? Also asking Grady Jarrett & or Deion Jones to reconstruct?
Found this as something interesting to watch, with strapped cap teams... it's going to get creative alright.. https://overthecap.com/eagles-get-creative-with-the-salary-cap/
I'm keeping my eyes on the Eagles defensive pieces due to Berry & tHowie Roseman connection.. Atlanta is another team to watch.. Donte Fowler jr. maybe out? Also asking Grady Jarrett & or Deion Jones to reconstruct?
Jarrett and Jones are transformers? ?
Definitely going to be a wild offseason with a good bit of movement for a lot of teams, unless the cap comes in higher than expected. There are officials that believe it could come in at 185 which would help a lot but it's obviously pure speculation. There are definitely going to be restructures. I expect at least two with the Steelers.
-
-
If Pittsburgh tried to make a play for Watson, imagine what they would have to give up.....both in picks, players, and money.
Here are his cap hit numbers:
2020
25 $1,177,123 $7,453,961 $1,177,123 $9,808,207 $75,771,084 $29,354,246($29,354,246) 2021
26 $10,540,000 $5,400,000 - $15,940,000 $67,140,000 $10,540,000($39,894,246) 2022
27 $35,000,000 $5,400,000 - $40,400,000 $51,200,000 $35,000,000($74,894,246) 2023
28 $20,000,000 $5,400,000 $17,000,000 $42,400,000 $10,800,000 $37,000,000($111,894,246) Plus, if they went for him, they would have to give up at least 3 first round picks plus probably a couple of players: how about TJ Watt and MInkah. I mean, the Texans went 4-12 with him....I suspect the Squibs could really do no better. Also, unlike BR, he AIN'T giving up no salary
-
Again, guy thinks it is all about him. It has fuck all to do with him. No one cares what one little mastubatory Steeler fan thinks.
It has to do with the content and the material. He is just too uneducated to understand apparently. Totally self centered.
He wants you to be his friend and see where it goes from there. It's obvious.
-
And Marquis pouncy is gone!
It's going to be fun watching this ball of string unravel as it rolls across the floor.
-
He has been accused of rape twice. And settled out of court with one of the victims. So, yes he’s a rapist. Why is that a lazy take?
It’s lazy because it’s a dead horse. It’s lazy because it has zero to do with the maturation of Dwayne Haskins. Ben at a younger age was a skeeze ball. I saw it first hand when he would pop up out at the bars and the women would fucking essentially line up. The girl in Georgia followed him from bar to bar, that doesn’t sound like a rape victim. It sounds like a sorority girl that has sex with a pro athlete in a bathroom and when he didn’t want to date it became something else. Go read the reports. Either way it’s lazy for the first two reasons and it’s old and tired. Be better.
It’s lazy because it’s a dead horse. It’s lazy because it has zero to do with the maturation of Dwayne Haskins. Ben at a younger age was a skeeze ball. I saw it first hand when he would pop up out at the bars and the women would fucking essentially line up. The girl in Georgia followed him from bar to bar, that doesn’t sound like a rape victim. It sounds like a sorority girl that has sex with a pro athlete in a bathroom and when he didn’t want to date it became something else. Go read the reports. Either way it’s lazy for the first two reasons and it’s old and tired. Be better.
Comin from the same guy who probably said ray lewis was a murderer,,,your all a bunch of douchebags,,,
-
For what it's worth, 3 of the 4 talking heads on Get Up! this morning said that the Steelers would be better off moving on from BR this year. And the other one said the reason to keep him is that he still would cost 23 million on the cap if you dumped him...and thought that they could instead do better by improving their running game. But, they also acknowledged that that would mean they would have to replace Pouncey, and upgrade a couple of other OL spots...and get a decent RB, and those would likely have to be draft picks. The others agreed but said that if they are at that point, they may as well put to team in younger, hopefully better....at least more mobile hands. Right now, with a potentially porous OL, no running game, and a statue at QB, and probably losing one of their top receivers (juju) it would not look good for them, so they may as well move on.
-
I think they keep BR because of the cap hit and they aren’t in a place in the draft to take one of the top QBs this season or take on money moving on from Ben. They should Build a fortress around the QB position for him next season and the next guy in 2022. It May involve spending valuable draft capital and getting creative by signing low budget guys that could be capable.
They need a back too.
They need to get back to how they started with Ben...great defense and a great running game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login