Skip to content

Pittsburgh Issues

The Browns Board
168 27 6.1k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    He's going to be 3rd on our depth chart, there are people losing their minds over it because they don't understand the why.  The why is it's risk free and if he's ANYTHING AT ALL he's a RFA after the one year and they can reposition themselves for a longer term deal.  He's been pretty bad at the NFL level, the one stat steeler depot posted was he's 10-48 with passes over 20 yards.  He needs to mature and a lot and if he does he has the talent but it's a big damn if.  I'm happy about it because it's good depth but no one with a brain is holding out hope he's the heir apparent. 

    As of now I just hope the Steelers bring in pep hamilton and give him the OC job and that they hire Fraley to be our line coach.  We may lose our db coach tho AND matt canada if he doesn't get our OC job. Hue Jackson is also being interviewed and I'm alright with him at OC, just not HC where he was clearly pretty damn bad. (spamming all my steeler shit in here to spare you all more in other threads) ?

    Agree on your Haskins take. He has at minimum backup level skills.

    And, yes, Hue was a good OC, but... you can't trust the man. He's an insecure backbiter. Tomlin needs, and I suspect likes, staff who will disagree vehemently as long as their stance is an honest one and can then walk away in harmony.

    That's not Hue...

    Hue will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then harbor grudge after grudge until he can't help but grumble about you.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree on your Haskins take. He has at minimum backup level skills.

    And, yes, Hue was a good OC, but... you can't trust the man. He's an insecure backbiter. Tomlin needs, and I suspect likes, staff who will disagree vehemently as long as their stance is an honest one and can then walk away in harmony.

    That's not Hue...

    Hue will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then harbor grudge after grudge until he can't help but grumble about you.

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

  • @browns149 said:

    Good luck maturing under the  tutelage of a rapist

    Lazy take, be better. I've lived in ohio now for off an on 15 years including college, do you know how much I've heard this? The only raping hes done is the raping of the Cleveland Browns.  I'm glad Baker Mayfield finally took the wins mantle in your own fucking stadium.  You need to be better, hell gipper who i have on ignore is better and he's TERRIBLE at insults. 

    @vagitron said:

    Lazy take, be better. I've lived in ohio now for off an on 15 years including college, do you know how much I've heard this? The only raping hes done is the raping of the Cleveland Browns.  I'm glad Baker Mayfield finally took the wins mantle in your own fucking stadium.  You need to be better, hell gipper who i have on ignore is better and he's TERRIBLE at insults. 

    If you consider accuracy terrible, so be it.   And if Ben is not a rapist....it was not for lack of trying.  

  • @icecube said:

    Hell, they don't even know if Ben will be back. 

    He will be back and I highly doubt he's paid what he's owed.  If he really wants guys like juju back he's going to need to sign an extension on a qualifying level with voidable years and bring his hit down. Tomlin is also doing these hires in the right way, bringing in a line coach before he hires an OC to make sure they jive and the candidates are pretty good.  Fraley for the line and possibly pep hamilton at OC.  Ben has already said he wants to be back so the only way he doesn't return is if the Steelers don't want him. 

    @vagitron said:

    He will be back and I highly doubt he's paid what he's owed.  If he really wants guys like juju back he's going to need to sign an extension on a qualifying level with voidable years and bring his hit down. Tomlin is also doing these hires in the right way, bringing in a line coach before he hires an OC to make sure they jive and the candidates are pretty good.  Fraley for the line and possibly pep hamilton at OC.  Ben has already said he wants to be back so the only way he doesn't return is if the Steelers don't want him. 

    And, the Steelers may not want him.   About a 33% chance they don't want him. Far, far greater than that if he doesn't cut what he wants in half......and Hell No, they have no interest in extending him.  They would like him to follow Rivers into retirement.     And Juju is gone.   They need to cut salary and he is one guy they can dump because they can do just fine without him with Claypool, Dionte whatever his name is, and Washington.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree on your Haskins take. He has at minimum backup level skills.

    And, yes, Hue was a good OC, but... you can't trust the man. He's an insecure backbiter. Tomlin needs, and I suspect likes, staff who will disagree vehemently as long as their stance is an honest one and can then walk away in harmony.

    That's not Hue...

    Hue will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then harbor grudge after grudge until he can't help but grumble about you.

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this.

    Well, we agree that Tomlin does not require yes men....and  you have no basis to disagree otherwise.

    I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    Well. We DO know enough about Hue to know that he is not just a bad coach, but the most epically bad head coach of all time....if you are what your record is. Only Bert Bell who was the team owner and wouldn't fire himself had a worse record in all of NFL history.  And, is he a good offensive mind?  He provided no evidence of that while here....so you need to hold up on that assessment.  And yes, you would be better with either of the other guys.    I think even pep Hamilton was here for awhile. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree on your Haskins take. He has at minimum backup level skills.

    And, yes, Hue was a good OC, but... you can't trust the man. He's an insecure backbiter. Tomlin needs, and I suspect likes, staff who will disagree vehemently as long as their stance is an honest one and can then walk away in harmony.

    That's not Hue...

    Hue will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then harbor grudge after grudge until he can't help but grumble about you.

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men

    I think that's what I said...

    I was just a tad more verbose... 😉

  • I honestly thought they'd go for Sam Darnold. I'm not sure he's going to be good, but he didn't get much of a chance at New York. I honestly think Sam would excel in an offense like ours. He's built for it. 

    You know who else is? Baker Mayfield. I beg people to go back and watch the KC game, as painful as it was. Some of his throws were stupid incredible. Just wait until we can stretch the field. Future is bright, fellas. 

  • Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

  • Pittsburgh radio hate haskins...total waste...last to practice...first to leave.  Got beat by 1 legged Smith.  Just another diva in a long line of AB, juju, lev bell...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree on your Haskins take. He has at minimum backup level skills.

    And, yes, Hue was a good OC, but... you can't trust the man. He's an insecure backbiter. Tomlin needs, and I suspect likes, staff who will disagree vehemently as long as their stance is an honest one and can then walk away in harmony.

    That's not Hue...

    Hue will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then harbor grudge after grudge until he can't help but grumble about you.

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    @hoorta said:

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    And yet he keeps kicking around now in the AFCN again.......to haunt the BROWNS we'll see.

  • @vagitron said:

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    @hoorta said:

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    If by modern you mean since 1920......yes.  See above. As I said, only Bert Bell had a worse record...and he owned the team and would had to have fired himself. 

  • Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    @nero said:

    Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

  • @nero said:

    Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    Great hire with Hue 😉 

    I’m sure the vets will love his load management/ time off tactics in training camp.  

  • that NFL throne sitting asshat should never get hired again ?... What ever happened to his book Adam Silver was writing for him? Are they still watching the tape? 

  • that NFL throne sitting asshat should never get hired again ?... What ever happened to his book Adam Silver was writing for him? Are they still watching the tape? 

    @gumby73 said:

    What ever happened to his book Adam Silver was writing for him?

    It stalled inside the red zone.

  • @gumby73 said:

    What ever happened to his book Adam Silver was writing for him?

    It stalled inside the red zone.

    @texasag1969 said:

    It stalled inside the red zone.

    It was a flea-flicker from his own end zone into triple coverage 

  • @hoorta said:

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    And yet he keeps kicking around now in the AFCN again.......to haunt the BROWNS we'll see.

    @mjp28 said:

    And yet he keeps kicking around now in the AFCN again.......to haunt the BROWNS we'll see.

    Yeah... that stint in Cinci killed us...

  • @nero said:

    Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    Actually, I think Munchak could still be a good HC.    He had about a .500 record at Tennessee......and had  shite at QB.    Jake Locker I believe. 

    Probably a better example would have been Dick LeBeau. 

  • @nero said:

    Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    I agree, but I don't believe by any means that he is one of them. 

    He is the worst HC in NFL history and he hasn't earned any sympathy from his colleagues but Marvin Lewis. That should tell you something. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    Great hire with Hue 😉 

    I’m sure the vets will love his load management/ time off tactics in training camp.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Great hire with Hue 😉 

    I’m sure the vets will love his load management/ time off tactics in training camp.  

    Not sure Hue and Tomlin would see eye to eye on that subject