Skip to content

Pittsburgh Issues

The Browns Board
168 27 6.1k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree on your Haskins take. He has at minimum backup level skills.

    And, yes, Hue was a good OC, but... you can't trust the man. He's an insecure backbiter. Tomlin needs, and I suspect likes, staff who will disagree vehemently as long as their stance is an honest one and can then walk away in harmony.

    That's not Hue...

    Hue will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then harbor grudge after grudge until he can't help but grumble about you.

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    @hoorta said:

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    And yet he keeps kicking around now in the AFCN again.......to haunt the BROWNS we'll see.

  • @vagitron said:

    Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    @hoorta said:

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    If by modern you mean since 1920......yes.  See above. As I said, only Bert Bell had a worse record...and he owned the team and would had to have fired himself. 

  • Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    @nero said:

    Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

  • @nero said:

    Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    Great hire with Hue 😉 

    I’m sure the vets will love his load management/ time off tactics in training camp.  

  • that NFL throne sitting asshat should never get hired again ?... What ever happened to his book Adam Silver was writing for him? Are they still watching the tape? 

  • that NFL throne sitting asshat should never get hired again ?... What ever happened to his book Adam Silver was writing for him? Are they still watching the tape? 

    @gumby73 said:

    What ever happened to his book Adam Silver was writing for him?

    It stalled inside the red zone.

  • @gumby73 said:

    What ever happened to his book Adam Silver was writing for him?

    It stalled inside the red zone.

    @texasag1969 said:

    It stalled inside the red zone.

    It was a flea-flicker from his own end zone into triple coverage 

  • @hoorta said:

    Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history. 

    And yet he keeps kicking around now in the AFCN again.......to haunt the BROWNS we'll see.

    @mjp28 said:

    And yet he keeps kicking around now in the AFCN again.......to haunt the BROWNS we'll see.

    Yeah... that stint in Cinci killed us...

  • @nero said:

    Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    Actually, I think Munchak could still be a good HC.    He had about a .500 record at Tennessee......and had  shite at QB.    Jake Locker I believe. 

    Probably a better example would have been Dick LeBeau. 

  • @nero said:

    Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

    I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    @vagitron said:

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    I agree, but I don't believe by any means that he is one of them. 

    He is the worst HC in NFL history and he hasn't earned any sympathy from his colleagues but Marvin Lewis. That should tell you something. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Lots of people can’t be head coaches but are perfectly solid coordinators. Mike munchak a good example. I still want pep Hamilton or Canada but I’d be fine with hue.

    Great hire with Hue 😉 

    I’m sure the vets will love his load management/ time off tactics in training camp.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Great hire with Hue 😉 

    I’m sure the vets will love his load management/ time off tactics in training camp.  

    Not sure Hue and Tomlin would see eye to eye on that subject 

  • Hue's X's and O's isn't in question.  

    His ability to apply that to his personnel's ability however, very much is.

    Say for instance running empty sets from your own 2 in a 1 score game when you're rolling with a rookie QB who has turnover issues and a backup LT after your future HoFer is hurt.

  • Hue's X's and O's isn't in question.  

    His ability to apply that to his personnel's ability however, very much is.

    Say for instance running empty sets from your own 2 in a 1 score game when you're rolling with a rookie QB who has turnover issues and a backup LT after your future HoFer is hurt.

    @tiamat63 said:

    His ability to apply that to his personnel's ability however, very much is.

    As is his ability to "play well with others."

    So on and off the field he is a liability.

  • Matt Stafford and the Lions have decided to part ways, Detroit is going to trade the former #1 overall pick. 

    Indianapolis is an obvious landing spot, but could the Steelers be interested? He'd be a younger upgrade over Ben. (He's 32)

  • Matt Stafford and the Lions have decided to part ways, Detroit is going to trade the former #1 overall pick. 

    Indianapolis is an obvious landing spot, but could the Steelers be interested? He'd be a younger upgrade over Ben. (He's 32)

    @dutch-oven said:

    Matt Stafford and the Lions have decided to part ways, Detroit is going to trade the former #1 overall pick. 

    Indianapolis is an obvious landing spot, but could the Steelers be interested? He'd be a younger upgrade over Ben. (He's 32)

    Link?  

    If so....that would make both Stafford and Watson two top QBs changing teams.  

    More than the Steelers, I would see Stafford going to perhaps New England...and as you say, the Colts.   Broncos maybe?

    How about a Stafford for Watson trade?    Though, I think Watson has a no trade clause which he must waive for a trade to go through, and I don't think he would accept a trade to Detroit. 

  • Matt Stafford and the Lions have decided to part ways, Detroit is going to trade the former #1 overall pick. 

    Indianapolis is an obvious landing spot, but could the Steelers be interested? He'd be a younger upgrade over Ben. (He's 32)

    @dutch-oven said:

    Matt Stafford and the Lions have decided to part ways, Detroit is going to trade the former #1 overall pick. 

    Indianapolis is an obvious landing spot, but could the Steelers be interested? He'd be a younger upgrade over Ben. (He's 32)

    The ONLY way this happens is obviously if Ben retires and i sincerely doubt he will.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Matt Stafford and the Lions have decided to part ways, Detroit is going to trade the former #1 overall pick. 

    Indianapolis is an obvious landing spot, but could the Steelers be interested? He'd be a younger upgrade over Ben. (He's 32)

    The ONLY way this happens is obviously if Ben retires and i sincerely doubt he will.

    @vagitron said:

    The ONLY way this happens is obviously if Ben retires and i sincerely doubt he will.

    Of course. 

    Though, again.....the Steelers may want him to go....voluntarily or not.    

    Even if they cut him.....doesn't Stafford have a current significant contract that they would have to absorb....and which they really cannot...given the cap situation? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Matt Stafford and the Lions have decided to part ways, Detroit is going to trade the former #1 overall pick. 

    Indianapolis is an obvious landing spot, but could the Steelers be interested? He'd be a younger upgrade over Ben. (He's 32)

    The ONLY way this happens is obviously if Ben retires and i sincerely doubt he will.

    @vagitron said:

    ... i sincerely doubt he will.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Matt Stafford and the Lions have decided to part ways, Detroit is going to trade the former #1 overall pick. 

    Indianapolis is an obvious landing spot, but could the Steelers be interested? He'd be a younger upgrade over Ben. (He's 32)

    The ONLY way this happens is obviously if Ben retires and i sincerely doubt he will.

    @vagitron said:

    The ONLY way this happens is obviously if Ben retires and i sincerely doubt he will.

    Is there any chance at all that the Steelers kind of push Ben out the door so they can get Stafford? 

    He'd give them another 3-5 years minimum to not have to worry about drafting and grooming a QB.