Pittsburgh Issues
-
So are we just making shit up now or what? Who has walked? Vance McDonald retired. Who else you got? Look man you can either be like the group of mouth breathers that just spew or you can actually back up what you say. You won 1 playoff game in how many years? Now you think you run the division? I don't think you or anyone else realize just how bad Randy Fichtner was as an OC. Ben coming back is only a benefit as he can either mentor a new QB or give us the best chance to win some games next season. No one knows what sort of money he is expecting but it won't be on the current sum of his contract. Art Rooney has already stated that publicly. I also already posted about how in theory there could be 30M in room with two restructures, vance retiring and ben taking less money and potential for even more depending on ben. I guess we are going to find. Better hope the Steelers don't draft Harris. lol
So are we just making shit up now or what?
Hardly...Vagitron...aka the cunthole just can't face reality.
Who has walked? Vance McDonald retired. Who else you got?
Everybody Wait until March 17 when the bodies start falling.
Look man you can either be like the group of mouth breathers that just spew or you can actually back up what you say. You won 1 playoff game in how many years? Now you think you run the division?
No, but we also know that the Steelers certainly do not.
I don't think you or anyone else realize just how bad Randy Fichtner was as an OC.
There it is....thetypical excuse. Its all on just one guy. Right.
Ben coming back is only a benefit as he can either mentor a new QB or give us the best chance to win some games next season.
Operative term: "some". like 4-5 wins maybe
No one knows what sort of money he is expecting but it won't be on the current sum of his contract.
Actually, we do know...it has been stated any number of times: he has to drop to 23 mill
Art Rooney has already stated that publicly. I also already posted about how in theory there could be 30M in room with two restructures, vance retiring and ben taking less money and potential for even more depending on ben.
Uhm...to get to 30 mill in cap space, most things I have seen/heard is that the Steelers would have to dump BR. Smith-Shuster, Conner, Dupree...and then some again. Joe Haden included
I guess we are going to find. Better hope the Steelers don't draft Harris. lol
Harris? Najee Harris? Good runner. Don't expect him to be a savior. Would help.....but he is rated mid second round. If you want to reach for him in round one...have at it.
-
I get that... But he brings an awful lot of baggage... It has to be pretty hard for him to swallow the fact that he basically failed in his hometown (Was DC)... You can only hope he grows up and uses that as part of fueling his own personal motivation.. But myself... I wasn't real high on him as a potential pro... I feel the same way about Justin Fields... I just see things they do that causes me to think.. Huge mental gaff moments... Physically.. He's as talented as they come...
He's not being asked to be anything. He's bottom of the depth chart with zero contract guarantees. The Steelers are kicking the tires. If he turns it around it's a tremendous value and if he doesn't he gets cut. Here is something a lot of people don't realize. If he comes out and plays well he's a RFA and if someone wants to sign him his tender is a first rounder based on draft position soooo in theory if the Steelers don't want to keep the guy but he's desirable he could net them a first for next to zero. It's literally ZERO risk even with the baggage and the baggage is a lack of maturity, it's not a drug problem or a beating women problem. Pittsburgh aint exactly known for it's strip joints either. lol
He's not being asked to be anything. He's bottom of the depth chart with zero contract guarantees. The Steelers are kicking the tires. If he turns it around it's a tremendous value and if he doesn't he gets cut. Here is something a lot of people don't realize.
About the one accurate thing you have said tonight......but FYI....everybody realizes it. Its not like its some kind of state secret.
If he comes out and plays well he's a RFA and if someone wants to sign him his tender is a first rounder based on draft position soooo in theory if the Steelers don't want to keep the guy but he's desirable he could net them a first for next to zero. It's literally ZERO risk even with the baggage and the baggage is a lack of maturity, it's not a drug problem or a beating women problem. Pittsburgh aint exactly known for it's strip joints either. lol
Sure it is. They are very famous for their typical type of stripper:

-
I chose to take my reading talents to "Browns"only topics this off-season?
I hate the Steelers and have two t-shirts that say it. They will draft well, again. Hopefully the Browns will pass 'em in the standings.
I chose to take my reading talents to "Browns"only topics this off-season?
I hate the Steelers and have two t-shirts that say it. They will draft well, again. Hopefully the Browns will pass 'em in the standings.
I hear you. But here is the interesting thing: It is the Steelers that have all the drama here in the offseason. The Browns appear to be the well run, stable franchise comparatively.
Plus, why not engage in a little Schadenfraude.
-
No Steeler bashing- just facts... Joe Haden- (besides Ju-Ju deciding if he wants to test the market) the the Steelers can't possibly afford. Joe has a $15 million contract- that isn't close to the reality of what he's currently worth.
No Steeler bashing- just facts... Joe Haden- (besides Ju-Ju deciding if he wants to test the market) the the Steelers can't possibly afford. Joe has a $15 million contract- that isn't close to the reality of what he's currently worth.
If just stating the facts is "bashing", so be it.
But I do not believe my original post was at all any sort of "bashing". It was just a recitation of the issues facing that team....you know, our traditional rival.
-
I get that... But he brings an awful lot of baggage... It has to be pretty hard for him to swallow the fact that he basically failed in his hometown (Was DC)... You can only hope he grows up and uses that as part of fueling his own personal motivation.. But myself... I wasn't real high on him as a potential pro... I feel the same way about Justin Fields... I just see things they do that causes me to think.. Huge mental gaff moments... Physically.. He's as talented as they come...
He's not being asked to be anything. He's bottom of the depth chart with zero contract guarantees. The Steelers are kicking the tires. If he turns it around it's a tremendous value and if he doesn't he gets cut. Here is something a lot of people don't realize. If he comes out and plays well he's a RFA and if someone wants to sign him his tender is a first rounder based on draft position soooo in theory if the Steelers don't want to keep the guy but he's desirable he could net them a first for next to zero. It's literally ZERO risk even with the baggage and the baggage is a lack of maturity, it's not a drug problem or a beating women problem. Pittsburgh aint exactly known for it's strip joints either. lol
He's not being asked to be anything. He's bottom of the depth chart with zero contract guarantees. The Steelers are kicking the tires. If he turns it around it's a tremendous value and if he doesn't he gets cut. Here is something a lot of people don't realize. If he comes out and plays well he's a RFA and if someone wants to sign him his tender is a first rounder based on draft position soooo in theory if the Steelers don't want to keep the guy but he's desirable he could net them a first for next to zero. It's literally ZERO risk even with the baggage and the baggage is a lack of maturity, it's not a drug problem or a beating women problem. Pittsburgh aint exactly known for it's strip joints either. lol
And there's not a damn thing wrong with that... It's what good organizations do.. We kicked the tires and gave RG3 a chance... It didn't work out.. It was no strain..
-
Ben is not going to make it slinging it 40+ times a game.
They need to fix their line and I don’t know how they do that given their constraints.
A good all purpose back would help.
They need to nail the draft
Are you guys paying attention to what is going on? A lot of this is out there on the national level. He's taking a pay cut, how much of one is unknown. Vance retiring immediately opened up over 5M and DeCastro and Heyward are supposedly going to restructure. All of which has opened the door to speculation that the Steelers could be as much as 30M under the cap. If Harris is there at 24 he very well could be the pick or they go lineman and I assume at this point if Ben comes back he's going to convince Pouncey to not retire. The issues aren't as rampant with Ben saying "i don't care about what I'm paid" on the record as people are making it out to be at this point.
Are you guys paying attention to what is going on? A lot of this is out there on the national level. He's taking a pay cut, how much of one is unknown. Vance retiring immediately opened up over 5M and DeCastro and Heyward are supposedly going to restructure. All of which has opened the door to speculation that the Steelers could be as much as 30M under the cap. If Harris is there at 24 he very well could be the pick or they go lineman and I assume at this point if Ben comes back he's going to convince Pouncey to not retire. The issues aren't as rampant with Ben saying "i don't care about what I'm paid" on the record as people are making it out to be at this point.
If if if if if if....
The Steelers aren’t getting 30M under the cap.
-
I chose to take my reading talents to "Browns"only topics this off-season?
I hate the Steelers and have two t-shirts that say it. They will draft well, again. Hopefully the Browns will pass 'em in the standings.
I hear you. But here is the interesting thing: It is the Steelers that have all the drama here in the offseason. The Browns appear to be the well run, stable franchise comparatively.
Plus, why not engage in a little Schadenfraude.
I hear you. But here is the interesting thing: It is the Steelers that have all the drama here in the offseason. The Browns appear to be the well run, stable franchise comparatively.
Plus, why not engage in a little Schadenfraude.
Lol....well I have family in Pittsburgh (my sister married into it) and I'm sick & tired of hearing about how great they are/were.
But yeah, I sure hope the tide is turning the Browns way. My hunch says yes indeed, let's see how it plays out. It's hard (for me anyway) to trash talk a team that's beat our ass for so long. I just hate and try to ignore them (and the Ratbirds).
-
He's not being asked to be anything. He's bottom of the depth chart with zero contract guarantees. The Steelers are kicking the tires. If he turns it around it's a tremendous value and if he doesn't he gets cut. Here is something a lot of people don't realize. If he comes out and plays well he's a RFA and if someone wants to sign him his tender is a first rounder based on draft position soooo in theory if the Steelers don't want to keep the guy but he's desirable he could net them a first for next to zero. It's literally ZERO risk even with the baggage and the baggage is a lack of maturity, it's not a drug problem or a beating women problem. Pittsburgh aint exactly known for it's strip joints either. lol
And there's not a damn thing wrong with that... It's what good organizations do.. We kicked the tires and gave RG3 a chance... It didn't work out.. It was no strain..
-
While Pittsburgh is in a deep salary cap hole, they apparently are not the worst team in that regard. From Yahoo Sports:
The Saints are projected to be $112.2 million over the cap, the Eagles are set to be more than $53 million over the limit and the Steelers (-$34.9 million) and Falcons (-$36.2 million)........ are both in deeper holes than the Rams who will be $31.16 million over the cap.
Yet Vag thinks they will get to 30 million under the cap? That means they have to dump 65 million. BRs cut to 23 million only takes an 18 mill bite out of that. That means they still need to drop another 17 million to get to -0- McDonald drops out 5 mill. Where does 12 mill come from? And where does the other 30 mill come from to get them that far under?
-
One guy Vag touted to stay and help BR...or whomever the QB will be over there, is out of the picture: Pep Hamilton.....decided to take a job with the dysfunctional Texans rather than the Steelers. Oh My.
https://sports.yahoo.com/pep-hamilton-now-texan-remaining-225600756.html
Don' feel bad Squib fans: Hue Jackson is still available.
-
We have been "trying out" QBs for 20 years practically before we seem to have gotten it right.
Thank God we did eventually... Now there are a bunch of turd brains wanting to trade him after having his first stellar season... I see Baker getting even better...
-
One guy Vag touted to stay and help BR...or whomever the QB will be over there, is out of the picture: Pep Hamilton.....decided to take a job with the dysfunctional Texans rather than the Steelers. Oh My.
https://sports.yahoo.com/pep-hamilton-now-texan-remaining-225600756.html
Don' feel bad Squib fans: Hue Jackson is still available.
One guy Vag touted to stay and help BR...or whomever the QB will be over there, is out of the picture: Pep Hamilton.....decided to take a job with the dysfunctional Texans rather than the Steelers. Oh My.
https://sports.yahoo.com/pep-hamilton-now-texan-remaining-225600756.html
Don' feel bad Squib fans: Hue Jackson is still available.
They can have Pue!
-
While Pittsburgh is in a deep salary cap hole, they apparently are not the worst team in that regard. From Yahoo Sports:
The Saints are projected to be $112.2 million over the cap, the Eagles are set to be more than $53 million over the limit and the Steelers (-$34.9 million) and Falcons (-$36.2 million)........ are both in deeper holes than the Rams who will be $31.16 million over the cap.
Yet Vag thinks they will get to 30 million under the cap? That means they have to dump 65 million. BRs cut to 23 million only takes an 18 mill bite out of that. That means they still need to drop another 17 million to get to -0- McDonald drops out 5 mill. Where does 12 mill come from? And where does the other 30 mill come from to get them that far under?
While Pittsburgh is in a deep salary cap hole, they apparently are not the worst team in that regard. From Yahoo Sports:
The Saints are projected to be $112.2 million over the cap, the Eagles are set to be more than $53 million over the limit and the Steelers (-$34.9 million) and Falcons (-$36.2 million)........ are both in deeper holes than the Rams who will be $31.16 million over the cap.
Yet Vag thinks they will get to 30 million under the cap? That means they have to dump 65 million. BRs cut to 23 million only takes an 18 mill bite out of that. That means they still need to drop another 17 million to get to -0- McDonald drops out 5 mill. Where does 12 mill come from? And where does the other 30 mill come from to get them that far under?
I think the Steelers and Saints are teams to watch this off season on player they will have to part ways with. Juju and Dupree aren't returning. There are some other players like Hilton, Sutton and even Haden I would be interested in if they don't resign. The Saints will get some relief if/when Brees retires but they will be releasing some good players we should keep an eye on during free agency.
-
Are you guys paying attention to what is going on? A lot of this is out there on the national level. He's taking a pay cut, how much of one is unknown. Vance retiring immediately opened up over 5M and DeCastro and Heyward are supposedly going to restructure. All of which has opened the door to speculation that the Steelers could be as much as 30M under the cap. If Harris is there at 24 he very well could be the pick or they go lineman and I assume at this point if Ben comes back he's going to convince Pouncey to not retire. The issues aren't as rampant with Ben saying "i don't care about what I'm paid" on the record as people are making it out to be at this point.
If if if if if if....
The Steelers aren’t getting 30M under the cap.
If if if if if if....
The Steelers aren’t getting 30M under the cap.
Because you said so? I don't know what is going to happen but Vance retiring opens up over 5. DeCastro and Heyward restructing opens up more AND Ben knows he can't come back on that contract sooooo when it's close or I'm right then what? All of this isn't my own wishful thinking either, it's reported.
-
and Gipper THE ONLY way i see your posts is if it's quoted and I'm not reading them so I wouldn't ask me questions and expect replies. I'm not seeing your posts and I'm for the most part going out of my way to not read them.
-
and Gipper THE ONLY way i see your posts is if it's quoted and I'm not reading them so I wouldn't ask me questions and expect replies. I'm not seeing your posts and I'm for the most part going out of my way to not read them.
-
While Pittsburgh is in a deep salary cap hole, they apparently are not the worst team in that regard. From Yahoo Sports:
The Saints are projected to be $112.2 million over the cap, the Eagles are set to be more than $53 million over the limit and the Steelers (-$34.9 million) and Falcons (-$36.2 million)........ are both in deeper holes than the Rams who will be $31.16 million over the cap.
Yet Vag thinks they will get to 30 million under the cap? That means they have to dump 65 million. BRs cut to 23 million only takes an 18 mill bite out of that. That means they still need to drop another 17 million to get to -0- McDonald drops out 5 mill. Where does 12 mill come from? And where does the other 30 mill come from to get them that far under?
I think the Steelers and Saints are teams to watch this off season on player they will have to part ways with. Juju and Dupree aren't returning. There are some other players like Hilton, Sutton and even Haden I would be interested in if they don't resign. The Saints will get some relief if/when Brees retires but they will be releasing some good players we should keep an eye on during free agency.
I think the Steelers and Saints are teams to watch this off season on player they will have to part ways with. Juju and Dupree aren't returning. There are some other players like Hilton, Sutton and even Haden I would be interested in if they don't resign. The Saints will get some relief if/when Brees retires but they will be releasing some good players we should keep an eye on during free agency.
You can't say any of this because I don't know any of this and I promise i follow the team on all levels more closely than you. Ben is on the record saying he wants juju back and I wouldn't be shocked to see what John Clayton has proposed transpiring. Dupree can earn a lot of money but with the cap number barely increasing and coming off an ACL i won't be shocked to see a team friendly prove it deal to get a bigger and well deserved pay day the season after next. Why even speculate without making an attempt to read or back it up? Oh i know it's wishful thinking.
-
It's really for the best...
My internet existence is far less stressful. I'm not taking him off ignore either as he provides zero value to me and I don't have it in me like i used to for the run around. He's been on ignore for weeks which is why you don't see he and i shitting up the threads measuring dicks. I know mine is bigger. ?
-
If if if if if if....
The Steelers aren’t getting 30M under the cap.
Because you said so? I don't know what is going to happen but Vance retiring opens up over 5. DeCastro and Heyward restructing opens up more AND Ben knows he can't come back on that contract sooooo when it's close or I'm right then what? All of this isn't my own wishful thinking either, it's reported.
Because you said so? I don't know what is going to happen but Vance retiring opens up over 5. DeCastro and Heyward restructing opens up more AND Ben knows he can't come back on that contract sooooo when it's close or I'm right then what? All of this isn't my own wishful thinking either, it's reported.
I owe you an apology if they do and the Steelers have 30M in cap room. Fair?
-
Because you said so? I don't know what is going to happen but Vance retiring opens up over 5. DeCastro and Heyward restructing opens up more AND Ben knows he can't come back on that contract sooooo when it's close or I'm right then what? All of this isn't my own wishful thinking either, it's reported.
I owe you an apology if they do and the Steelers have 30M in cap room. Fair?
I owe you an apology if they do and the Steelers have 30M in cap room. Fair?
I don't need all that but I can tell you I'm not just pulling this out of my ass.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login