Skip to content

Raiders Coach Tom Cable Punched Assistant During Altercation

The Browns Board
14 7 964
  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Jeffro: I do appreciate how you feel the overwhelming to disagree with everything I ever say, but you really don't see the head coach breaking the assistant coach's jaw all too often.

  • Jeffro: I do appreciate how you feel the overwhelming to disagree with everything I ever say, but you really don't see the head coach breaking the assistant coach's jaw all too often.

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #4

    mz. said:

    Jeffro: I do appreciate how you feel the overwhelming to disagree with everything I ever say, but you really don't see the head coach breaking the assistant coach's jaw all too often.

    Jeffro is your version of my dencyguy. Take it as a compliment.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #5
    Fake Al Davis is going to have a lot of fun with this.
  • Fake Al Davis is going to have a lot of fun with this.
    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Aloysius said:

    Fake Al Davis is going to have a lot of fun with this.
    RIP Les Paul. Why do the good ones always die young?

    Thanks Alo, that is a full on hoot.

  • mz. said:

    Jeffro: I do appreciate how you feel the overwhelming to disagree with everything I ever say, but you really don't see the head coach breaking the assistant coach's jaw all too often.

    Jeffro is your version of my dencyguy. Take it as a compliment.

    D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @riffer-x said:

    Jeffro is your version of my dencyguy. Take it as a compliment.

    Huh? Okay, in absolute seriousness, I wasn't aware I was being overly disagreeable. My apologies.

    Dennis

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #8

    To the point, I would like to know what happened here. This is inexcusable behavior for a head coach to pop somebody, and it sounds like it was a form of a sucker punch if true. There are denials, etc., but you don't just get your jaw broke unless someone punches you.

    Oakland is as dysfunctional a team as there has ever been.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #9

    That explains why ryan quickly packed his office up and snuck out of town overnight...😉

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
    #10

    What did Steve Smith get from the Panthers last year. He broke the jaw of his teamate with a sucker punch.. 2 game suspension ..i think? Cable should get that... plus .. As a coach he should show even greater restraint, he is the face of the team so he has an even greater duty as a role model. I hope the commish comes down hard on him.. WOW. .. could you imagine going to your job tomorrow and getting sucker punched by your boss for making a mistake? He would be fired in the real world. At least 3-4 games suspension would be the appropriate action along with a hefty fine

  • @riffer-x said:

    Jeffro is your version of my dencyguy. Take it as a compliment.

    Huh? Okay, in absolute seriousness, I wasn't aware I was being overly disagreeable. My apologies.

    Dennis

    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @dencyguy said:

    Huh? Okay, in absolute seriousness, I wasn't aware I was being overly disagreeable. My apologies.

    Dennis

    Color me confused also.

  • D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #12

    My inclination would be to say that if he did sucker punch the guy, he should be fired tomorrow. The coach sets the tone, and only a moron would want that kind of thing happening from the team leader. Heck, as much as I disliked him in the last decade or so, at least Bob Knight let a guy know before he attacked him.

    That said, two things will prevent that from happening. The first is the fact that Al Davis is a big enough moron to want that kind of thing happening from the team leader. The second is that there is no-one on the staff who could step in and replace Cable. They've got two guys on the staff that have been head coaches before--Paul Hackett and Ted Tollner, both of whom sucked. It's enough to make a Raiders fan long for the glory days of Lane Kiffin, and enough to make us Vols fans breathe a bit easier and say, "Okay, maybe it was just that organization."

    Dennis

  • @dencyguy said:

    Huh? Okay, in absolute seriousness, I wasn't aware I was being overly disagreeable. My apologies.

    Dennis

    Color me confused also.

    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @legacy-fan said:

    Color me confused also.

    Me three.

    Comparing Dennis to DieHard is like comparing Ozzie Newsome's drafts to Al Davis'.

  • D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #14

    This has the potential to get really interesting now. Via Fanhouse

    >>Raiders assistant coach Randy Hanson has hired an attorney and will turn X-rays showing that his jaw is broken over to Napa, Calif. police, according to a report by the National Football Post, as an investigation into an alleged incident between Hanson and Oakland head coach Tom Cable intensifies.

    According to the National Football Post, Cable went after Hanson multiple times during the meeting in question, knocking the assistant out of his chair and into a cabinet. Cable then allegedly choked Hanson, according to NFP's source, before other people in the room pulled the two apart.

    "Cable said, 'I am going to kill you, I am going to kill you,' as he was choking him,'' the source told NFP.

    Following the Raiders' lone training camp practice in Napa on Thursday, Cable continued to say the team was handling the matter.

    "Yeah, we're still going to take care of it internally," Cable said. "One thing I will tell you is this -- when all the facts come out, everything will be fine." <<

    Look for Al Davis to go into full "Stop Snitching" mode and have Carmello Anthony throw a brick through Hanson's window sometime in the near future.

    On a side note, what a great controversy between two dopey looking coaches. In one corner, you've got Tom Cable, last seen as an extra in Goodellas:

    cable.jpg

    And in the other you've got Randy Hanson, last seen as an extra in Mississippi Burning:

    de4d903669.jpg

    Dennis