Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Barber Shop Talk
  3. What/Who are you currently listening to?

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Barber Shop Talk
917 Posts 32 Posters 36.2k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
    • 13k Posts
    • 5k Reputation
    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Just felt it necessary given the conversation in the Superbowl thread.  Maybe a place where someone finds something they like randomly with what we share.

    You can present your music with or without any other commentary. I tend to choose the latter.

    Just a great jam, IMHO.  I love funk, and if you pay attention to the lyrics - a commentary on hip hop (at the time) with what record executives wanted the band to produce, but what they felt ended up doing - rock n roll shelters all.

    @d-bone.... Like I said, if you ever work up the nerve to listen.

    mjp28M FlugelF 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I pop this song on in the mornings occasionally  to get me going.  And gee, it too is "funky".....or at least a character in the song is supposed to be funky:

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        And guess what:   You've been Rick Rolled:

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          And if my funk does not involve poodles, I usually like it coming from Uptown.....old style:

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • tiamat63T tiamat63

            Just felt it necessary given the conversation in the Superbowl thread.  Maybe a place where someone finds something they like randomly with what we share.

            You can present your music with or without any other commentary. I tend to choose the latter.

            Just a great jam, IMHO.  I love funk, and if you pay attention to the lyrics - a commentary on hip hop (at the time) with what record executives wanted the band to produce, but what they felt ended up doing - rock n roll shelters all.

            @d-bone.... Like I said, if you ever work up the nerve to listen.

            mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 18k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @tiamat63 said:

            Just felt it necessary given the conversation in the Superbowl thread.  Maybe a place where someone finds something they like randomly with what we share.

            You can present your music with or without any other commentary. I tend to choose the latter.

            Just a great jam, IMHO.  I love funk, and if you pay attention to the lyrics - a commentary on hip hop (at the time) with what record executives wanted the band to produce, but what they felt ended up doing - rock n roll shelters all.

            @d-bone.... Like I said, if you ever work up the nerve to listen.

            I just happened to see Jimmy Fallon the other night and saw where Questlove won an award for something was it this album ?

            GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
            tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • mjp28M mjp28

              @tiamat63 said:

              Just felt it necessary given the conversation in the Superbowl thread.  Maybe a place where someone finds something they like randomly with what we share.

              You can present your music with or without any other commentary. I tend to choose the latter.

              Just a great jam, IMHO.  I love funk, and if you pay attention to the lyrics - a commentary on hip hop (at the time) with what record executives wanted the band to produce, but what they felt ended up doing - rock n roll shelters all.

              @d-bone.... Like I said, if you ever work up the nerve to listen.

              I just happened to see Jimmy Fallon the other night and saw where Questlove won an award for something was it this album ?

              tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
              • 13k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @mjp28 said:

              I just happened to see Jimmy Fallon the other night and saw where Questlove won an award for something was it this album ?

              Honestly couldn't tell you.  If you're talking a recent award then it couldn't be this particular album, Because it came out when I was a kid - early 2000's. 

              mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • tiamat63T tiamat63

                @mjp28 said:

                I just happened to see Jimmy Fallon the other night and saw where Questlove won an award for something was it this album ?

                Honestly couldn't tell you.  If you're talking a recent award then it couldn't be this particular album, Because it came out when I was a kid - early 2000's. 

                mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 18k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @tiamat63 said:

                Honestly couldn't tell you.  If you're talking a recent award then it couldn't be this particular album, Because it came out when I was a kid - early 2000's. 

                46TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS (2003)
                SEE ALL AWARDS FOR THIS YEAR
                Nominations
                BEST RAP ALBUM
                Phrenology
                 
                But I found it.....  

                Questlove’s Summer of Soul Documentary Wins Sundance 2021 Grand Jury Prize

                The Roots bandleader’s directorial debut is about the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival 
                 
                GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • mjp28M mjp28

                  @tiamat63 said:

                  Honestly couldn't tell you.  If you're talking a recent award then it couldn't be this particular album, Because it came out when I was a kid - early 2000's. 

                  46TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS (2003)
                  SEE ALL AWARDS FOR THIS YEAR
                  Nominations
                  BEST RAP ALBUM
                  Phrenology
                   
                  But I found it.....  

                  Questlove’s Summer of Soul Documentary Wins Sundance 2021 Grand Jury Prize

                  The Roots bandleader’s directorial debut is about the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival 
                   
                  tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                  • 13k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @mjp28 said:

                  46TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS (2003)
                  SEE ALL AWARDS FOR THIS YEAR
                  Nominations
                  BEST RAP ALBUM
                  Phrenology
                   
                  But I found it.....  

                  Questlove’s Summer of Soul Documentary Wins Sundance 2021 Grand Jury Prize

                  The Roots bandleader’s directorial debut is about the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival 
                   

                  Yeah, the man is probably the biggest musical influence in the group. They did a piece on NPR's tiny desk that was good.   Can't leave out Black Thought though, very underrated lyricist.  Actually had no idea who he was until I heard him on a Linkin Park album once upon a time.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                    • 28k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 10k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I just received the dvd this if from last night. I collect show dvds. Well over 200 at this point

                      Accept, with the Czech national Symphony ???

                      Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                      ATOMA sydS 2 Replies Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                        • 13k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
                        #11

                        Generally I'm not into classic hard-rock and metal with additional strings or brass... But that was pretty damn solid.  

                        Credit to the sound engineers as well,  terrific balance.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 10k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I listen to the rock station here. Being in West Virginia, there isn’t a lot of good rock stations. Mostly country, which I don’t like that much 

                          "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • AxeA Axe

                            I just received the dvd this if from last night. I collect show dvds. Well over 200 at this point

                            Accept, with the Czech national Symphony ???

                            ATOM ATOMA One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 657 Reputation
                            ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @axe said:

                            I just received the dvd this if from last night. I collect show dvds. Well over 200 at this point

                            Accept, with the Czech national Symphony ???

                            I saw these guys I believe it was at harpos in detriot  is was fucking great

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • ATOM ATOMA One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 657 Reputation
                              ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              been getting into italain and japanese psychedelic music lately

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 10k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                RIP Mary Wilson of the Supremes 

                                https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RDEMZqlnqrxAXePZSpWITMV4kA

                                "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 23k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

                                  DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • T TexasAg1969

                                    I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

                                    DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                    • 28k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @texasag1969 said:

                                    I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

                                    How BLM.

                                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                    tiamat63T T 2 Replies Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                      @texasag1969 said:

                                      I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

                                      How BLM.

                                      tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                      • 13k Posts
                                      • 5k Reputation
                                      tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                      How BLM.

                                      DH, I've got no issue with you.  But give it a fucking rest in my threads man, thanks.

                                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                        @texasag1969 said:

                                        I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

                                        How BLM.

                                        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 23k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                        How BLM.

                                        The novel was published in 2013 which is way before BLM. You could have said the same about Uncle Tom's Cabin or Huckleberry Finn. It just happens to be an excellent novel that make you laugh not unlike Huck Finn does. If I thought it was political I would have posted it over there instead of here where we post things that are entertaining, which it certainly is.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 11k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          This past weekends Garage Jam was.... GodSmack 

                                          fitting video  

                                          Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          👍
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate