Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    You ready?

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

  • AxeA Axe

    @fairhooker11 said:

    30th anniv. show had the best opening medley ever. miss these guys....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    Really liked the Rush drummer especially. My one armed guy ain't too bad either.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @atom   There's a restored 20 year anniversary edition of Space Lord somewhere on YT that's uncensored.  

    It sucks being the very last part of that generation/age group who valued, loved and grew up with good rock still being made and broadcast widely over the radio.   Not that I've looked lately, but I don't recall hearing it the last I checked.  So sadly I have to go back 15 years.

  • @mld-woody

    Single release but hoping Cudi's album is half this good.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    @mld-woody

    Single release but hoping Cudi's album is half this good.

    yep that came out a few months before the album

    Cudi's album is a little different, but still very good

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    OK time for an original James Corden drive around with....................................................well worth listening to one of the greatest voices ever in pop music. They go through a litany of all her best songs. Really impressive that neither really needs a "backup" other than the music. What a voice she has!! (Oh and if you like this try the other great one with Paul McCartney). 

    Her best one is "Million Reasons" at 12:37 mark if you don't feel like listening to the whole ride.?

    Compare that to her original official one. Not much different.

  • OK time for an original James Corden drive around with....................................................well worth listening to one of the greatest voices ever in pop music. They go through a litany of all her best songs. Really impressive that neither really needs a "backup" other than the music. What a voice she has!! (Oh and if you like this try the other great one with Paul McCartney). 

    Her best one is "Million Reasons" at 12:37 mark if you don't feel like listening to the whole ride.?

    Compare that to her original official one. Not much different.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    OK time for an original James Corden drive around with....................................................well worth listening to one of the greatest voices ever in pop music. They go through a litany of all her best songs. Really impressive that neither really needs a "backup" other than the music. What a voice she has!! (Oh and if you like this try the other great one with Paul McCartney). 

    Her best one is "Million Reasons" at 12:37 mark if you don't feel like listening to the whole ride.?

    Compare that to her original official one. Not much different.

    Don't like her.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    OK time for an original James Corden drive around with....................................................well worth listening to one of the greatest voices ever in pop music. They go through a litany of all her best songs. Really impressive that neither really needs a "backup" other than the music. What a voice she has!! (Oh and if you like this try the other great one with Paul McCartney). 

    Her best one is "Million Reasons" at 12:37 mark if you don't feel like listening to the whole ride.?

    Compare that to her original official one. Not much different.

    Don't like her.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Don't like her.

    I do. 

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    Not a fan but she does have serious talent

  • @texasag1969 said:

    OK time for an original James Corden drive around with....................................................well worth listening to one of the greatest voices ever in pop music. They go through a litany of all her best songs. Really impressive that neither really needs a "backup" other than the music. What a voice she has!! (Oh and if you like this try the other great one with Paul McCartney). 

    Her best one is "Million Reasons" at 12:37 mark if you don't feel like listening to the whole ride.?

    Compare that to her original official one. Not much different.

    Don't like her.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Don't like her.

    I used to think of her as a Madonna copycat, but she grew on me with all that talent. The other female from NYC that always amazed me with talent was Barbara. And to think she was a mere teenager when "People" came out. Decades later she still has it. She was 73 or 74 when she recorded this in 2016. She turns 79 in April.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Was it Canned Heat that did Goin' Up the Country?     Well they were not really the first. Nope --  Henry Thomas a.k.a. "Ragtime Texas" from Big Sandy, Texas.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

  • AxeA Axe

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

     I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by hammertime

    @axe said:

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

     I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

  • @axe said:

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

     I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @hammertime said:

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

    yeah, Floor likes to wear heels so that's probably why we were close to eye to eye.

    Seeing Nightwish live was a bucket list event for me.

    Tarja was great, I like Floor better 😉

    The last show with Tarja.. I have the dvd.. The entire band knew they were firing her after this show... She had no idea it was coming. The music business is a shitty business..

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

  • @axe said:

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

     I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hammertime said:

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

    My parents had front row seats for "Phantom" with original cast including Michael Crawford in London secured by my British citizen sister who lives W of there in High Wycombe. They said that when they were waiting for it to get started the stage looked so shabby they wondered what they had gotten into. But then when the chandelier lit up and rose from the floor right up over their heads and it transformed the stage, they were mesmerized from that point on.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    georges son I have been able to see dhani play twice

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    and this is johns son  I saw him play at the zoo for what now seems decades ago

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    This is totally bad ass! ???

  • AxeA Axe

    This is totally bad ass! ???

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    This is totally bad ass! ???

    pretty god damn outstanding work, and I'm jealous of all their hardware in each background.