Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    OK time for an original James Corden drive around with....................................................well worth listening to one of the greatest voices ever in pop music. They go through a litany of all her best songs. Really impressive that neither really needs a "backup" other than the music. What a voice she has!! (Oh and if you like this try the other great one with Paul McCartney). 

    Her best one is "Million Reasons" at 12:37 mark if you don't feel like listening to the whole ride.?

    Compare that to her original official one. Not much different.

    Don't like her.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Don't like her.

    I used to think of her as a Madonna copycat, but she grew on me with all that talent. The other female from NYC that always amazed me with talent was Barbara. And to think she was a mere teenager when "People" came out. Decades later she still has it. She was 73 or 74 when she recorded this in 2016. She turns 79 in April.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Was it Canned Heat that did Goin' Up the Country?     Well they were not really the first. Nope --  Henry Thomas a.k.a. "Ragtime Texas" from Big Sandy, Texas.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

  • AxeA Axe

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

     I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by hammertime

    @axe said:

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

     I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

  • @axe said:

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

     I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @hammertime said:

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

    yeah, Floor likes to wear heels so that's probably why we were close to eye to eye.

    Seeing Nightwish live was a bucket list event for me.

    Tarja was great, I like Floor better 😉

    The last show with Tarja.. I have the dvd.. The entire band knew they were firing her after this show... She had no idea it was coming. The music business is a shitty business..

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

  • @axe said:

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

     I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hammertime said:

    Floor is 6’ and all awesome!

    Been trying to see them live for quite a few years, its not easy to coordinate 

    Tarja was no slouch either.

    My parents had front row seats for "Phantom" with original cast including Michael Crawford in London secured by my British citizen sister who lives W of there in High Wycombe. They said that when they were waiting for it to get started the stage looked so shabby they wondered what they had gotten into. But then when the chandelier lit up and rose from the floor right up over their heads and it transformed the stage, they were mesmerized from that point on.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    georges son I have been able to see dhani play twice

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    and this is johns son  I saw him play at the zoo for what now seems decades ago

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    This is totally bad ass! ???

  • AxeA Axe

    This is totally bad ass! ???

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    This is totally bad ass! ???

    pretty god damn outstanding work, and I'm jealous of all their hardware in each background.  

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Had to start off the workout with something violent.

    Had to end it with something not.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    And of course some rockin' wall art from the best era of rock music !

    250px-1975_Year_of_the_Buzzard_-_WMMS_print_ad.jpg

    large_The_Akron_Beacon_Journal_Sun__Jul_16__1972.jpg

    9239a7e5c7a02956676b675dcdde4508--fillmore-west-concert-posters.jpg

    e419038d59a15d625a1800691dc217d2--janis-joplin-big-brothers.jpg

    5ea9ad6829df83c538caf6c5a39781f6--pink-floyd-dark-side-print-poster.jpg

    7a72b7722f58b504a03e57d9eca76c61--posters-vintage-art-posters.jpg

    3bd3be7a0aec956020859759814b1b82--gig-poster-poster-art.jpg

    92f9ff433de4eb590ca8c7e9af96b1fc--bob-dylan-album-covers-bob-dylan-desire.jpg

    51k7n+3NdyL._AC_SX450_.jpg

    5e2d2c9e74b2ec4b5d2a8d75b2199b35--poster-size-prints-poster-sizes.jpg

    7d05c19cf34e76b03e0a43a53b0f9d2f--band-posters-rock-posters.jpg

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Last dance with Mary Jane.. the last show ?

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    When your age 7 & realize drummers with cowbells can sing lead vocals too ? 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Weekend starts here.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Bob Seger's live Bullet came out in 1976...I'm still a huge fan.. Our entire family saw Bob here when he was 73. Great Show as always !

    Bob will turn that magic year of 76.. this May.. That Rockin Robert's voice ain't changed one bit.. 

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe

    Visited Bob's Sarasota residence a few yrs back in a professional capacity.  Nice trophy wife ? Decent fella..

    Saw RUSH blow him away as an opening act back in the AFTK days..

    If you have to sit thru your set and your name isn't Jeff Healey then maybe it's time to pack it in.. 😉