Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I just received the dvd this if from last night. I collect show dvds. Well over 200 at this point

    Accept, with the Czech national Symphony ???

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #11

    Generally I'm not into classic hard-rock and metal with additional strings or brass... But that was pretty damn solid.Ā Ā 

    Credit to the sound engineers as well,Ā Ā terrific balance.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I listen to the rock station here. Being in West Virginia, there isn’t a lot of good rock stations. Mostly country, which I don’t like that muchĀ 

  • AxeA Axe

    I just received the dvd this if from last night. I collect show dvds. Well over 200 at this point

    Accept, with the Czech national Symphony ???

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @axe said:

    I just received the dvd this if from last night. I collect show dvds. Well over 200 at this point

    Accept, with the Czech national Symphony ???

    I saw these guys I believe it was at harpos in detriotĀ  is was fucking great

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #14

    been getting into italain and japanese psychedelic music lately

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #15
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

  • I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

    How BLM.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

    How BLM.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    How BLM.

    DH, I've got no issue with you.Ā  But give it a fucking rest in my threads man, thanks.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm on Audible and just finished listening to The Good Lord Bird by James McBride. It was an excellent novel about a young black boy who is "saved" from slavery by John Brown during "Bloody Kansas" days before the inevitable Harper's Ferry Raid of 1859. It's full of humor and very deep understanding of the black experience up through the years even though it ends in 1859. Very well worth the journey which is based on real history as well as this fictional main character who "passes" as a girl for self preservation. Closest thing to a Black Huck Finn type of adventure out there. Mark Twain would approve.

    How BLM.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    How BLM.

    The novel was published in 2013 which is way before BLM. You could have said the same about Uncle Tom's Cabin or Huckleberry Finn. It just happens to be an excellent novel that make you laugh not unlike Huck Finn does. If I thought it was political I would have posted it over there instead of here where we post things that are entertaining, which it certainly is.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    This past weekends Garage Jam was.... GodSmackĀ 

    fitting videoĀ Ā 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Godsmack was another nu-metal band I just couldn't stand despite having a great vocalist.Ā  Having said that, their acoustic work like this is something I enjoy.

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #22

    Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

    Ā I've seen Nightwish and I don't know how tall Floor Jansan is but I'm 6'5 and we seemed to be eye to eye.

    Another highlighting her abilities.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by ATOM
    #23

    Portland andy gets maced while filming antifia during portland riotsĀ 

    P.A is the king of streaming did a cool one down in tampa for the super bowl

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    How BLM.

    DH, I've got no issue with you.Ā  But give it a fucking rest in my threads man, thanks.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tiamat63 said:

    DH, I've got no issue with you.Ā  But give it a fucking rest in my threads man, thanks.

    Ignorance abides there.Ā 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    Such a great movie and soundtrack.

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #29

    This guy does not suck