What/Who are you currently listening to?
-
-
I just re-read The Day of the Jackal first published in June 1971. I found it interesting that (spoiler alert) the Jackal was buried in Paris' Père Lachaise Cemetery in an unmarked grave. That is the same cemetery where Jim Morrison of the Doors was buried there upon his death a month (July 1971) after that publication. Great novel BTW if you have never read it.
-
I just re-read The Day of the Jackal first published in June 1971. I found it interesting that (spoiler alert) the Jackal was buried in Paris' Père Lachaise Cemetery in an unmarked grave. That is the same cemetery where Jim Morrison of the Doors was buried there upon his death a month (July 1971) after that publication. Great novel BTW if you have never read it.
I just re-read The Day of the Jackal first published in June 1971. I found it interesting that (spoiler alert) the Jackal was buried in Paris' Père Lachaise Cemetery in an unmarked grave. That is the same cemetery where Jim Morrison of the Doors was buried there upon his death a month (July 1971) after that publication. Great novel BTW if you have never read it.
Saw the movie. Very good. Also saw The Day of the Dolphin, for which Day of the Jackal was prototype.
-
I just re-read The Day of the Jackal first published in June 1971. I found it interesting that (spoiler alert) the Jackal was buried in Paris' Père Lachaise Cemetery in an unmarked grave. That is the same cemetery where Jim Morrison of the Doors was buried there upon his death a month (July 1971) after that publication. Great novel BTW if you have never read it.
Saw the movie. Very good. Also saw The Day of the Dolphin, for which Day of the Jackal was prototype.
Saw the movie. Very good. Also saw The Day of the Dolphin, for which Day of the Jackal was prototype.
The movie did an excellent job of transferring the book to movie, even used the right Alfa Romeo Spyder as the book.
-
First off, credit to Eric Kretz and Dean Deleo. While he isn't a "monster" drummer, I always found his grooves and fills to be the perfect compliment to this group. Deleo because his distinct tone that gave STP that sound beyond Scott. I can't imagine it's easy being band mates with an all-timer like Weiland and his voice.
But this band, this performance and that fucking CROWD. While I have no desire to get older, sometimes I wish I had been of a more concert going age when these types of groups were at their pinacle.
-
First off, credit to Eric Kretz and Dean Deleo. While he isn't a "monster" drummer, I always found his grooves and fills to be the perfect compliment to this group. Deleo because his distinct tone that gave STP that sound beyond Scott. I can't imagine it's easy being band mates with an all-timer like Weiland and his voice.
But this band, this performance and that fucking CROWD. While I have no desire to get older, sometimes I wish I had been of a more concert going age when these types of groups were at their pinacle.
First off, credit to Eric Kretz and Dean Deleo. While he isn't a "monster" drummer, I always found his grooves and fills to be the perfect compliment to this group. Deleo because his distinct tone that gave STP that sound beyond Scott. I can't imagine it's easy being band mates with an all-timer like Weiland and his voice.
But this band, this performance and that fucking CROWD. While I have no desire to get older, sometimes I wish I had been of a more concert going age when these types of groups were at their pinacle.
After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?
-
First off, credit to Eric Kretz and Dean Deleo. While he isn't a "monster" drummer, I always found his grooves and fills to be the perfect compliment to this group. Deleo because his distinct tone that gave STP that sound beyond Scott. I can't imagine it's easy being band mates with an all-timer like Weiland and his voice.
But this band, this performance and that fucking CROWD. While I have no desire to get older, sometimes I wish I had been of a more concert going age when these types of groups were at their pinacle.
After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?
After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?
Good song. There was also an "unplugged" version that was really good. Can't recall if it was Skynyrd or someone else that did it. I believe WSS does an unplugged version in his act.
-
Here is one unplugged version of it. I don't think I have ever heard of "Shinedown". But, they do a good job here.
-
First off, credit to Eric Kretz and Dean Deleo. While he isn't a "monster" drummer, I always found his grooves and fills to be the perfect compliment to this group. Deleo because his distinct tone that gave STP that sound beyond Scott. I can't imagine it's easy being band mates with an all-timer like Weiland and his voice.
But this band, this performance and that fucking CROWD. While I have no desire to get older, sometimes I wish I had been of a more concert going age when these types of groups were at their pinacle.
After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?
After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?
Was always more of a Free Bird kind of guy.
-
After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?
Was always more of a Free Bird kind of guy.
-
How about this: Give some of the best songs from movies. Theme songs, whatever. Like this:
-
Kenny Loggins seems to have been the King of movie songs:
-
Kenny Loggins, yet again:
-
Who ya gonna call?
-
Yo Rocky!
-
From the movie Cocktail:
Interesting that John Stamos at one time played percussion with The Beach Boys.
-
Dirty Dancing:
-
The Breakfast Club:
-
I remember listening to this song on the way to our Washington DC field Trip.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login