Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    First off, credit to Eric Kretz and Dean Deleo.   While he isn't a "monster" drummer, I always found his grooves and fills to be the perfect compliment to this group.  Deleo because his distinct tone that gave STP that sound beyond Scott.   I can't imagine it's easy being band mates with an all-timer like Weiland and his voice.      

    But this band, this performance and that fucking CROWD.      While I have no desire to get older, sometimes I wish I had been of a more concert going age when these types of groups were at their pinacle.

    After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?

    Was always more of a Free Bird kind of guy.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    After seeing your post on the FB Board I thought I would come here and see you had posted "Simple Man". Well since I always liked it, here it is anyway.?

    Was always more of a Free Bird kind of guy.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Was always more of a Free Bird kind of guy.

    Oh yeah Free Bird and a few other great standards back then.

    I was more of a Led Zeppelin guy and of course the bikers #1 song by  Steppenwolf and Born to be Wild !

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    How about this:     Give some of the best songs  from movies.  Theme songs, whatever.  Like this:

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Kenny Loggins seems to have been the King of movie songs:

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Kenny Loggins, yet again:

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Who ya gonna call?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Yo  Rocky!

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    From  the movie  Cocktail:

    Interesting that John Stamos  at one time played percussion with The Beach Boys.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Dirty Dancing:

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    The Breakfast Club:

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    I remember listening to this song on the way to our Washington DC field Trip.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan

    I guess this song will be banned by Demented Joe and Kamaltoe soon

    Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
    Sold in a market down in New Orleans
    Scarred old slaver knows he's doing alright
    Hear him whip the women just around midnight
    Brown sugar
    How come you taste so good?
    Brown sugar
    Just like a young girl should
    Drums beating, cold English blood runs hot
    Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
    House boy knows that he's doing alright
    You shoulda heard him just around midnight
    Brown sugar
    How come you taste so good, now?
    Brown sugar
    Just like a young girl should
    Ah, get along, brown sugar
    How come you taste so good
    Ah, got me feelin' now, brown sugar
    Just like a black girl should
    I bet your mama was a tent show queen
    And all her boyfriends were sweet sixteen
    I'm no schoolboy but I know what I like
    You shoulda heard me just around midnight
    Brown sugar
    How come you taste so good
    Ah, brown sugar
    Just like a young girl should
    Brown sugar
    Get down, get down
    How come you taste so good
    Ah, brown sugar
    Get down, get down
    Just like a young girl should
    Ah, brown sugar
    Get down, get down
    How come you taste so good
    Ah, brown sugar
    Get down, get down
    Moving around, moving around
    Ah, brown sugar
    Get down, get down
    How come you taste so good
    Ah, brown sugar
    Get down, get down
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    American folk song written back in 1955 by Jesse Fuller...Song has been rebooted by the likes of Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Jim Croce & John Lennon 

    The Great Eric Clapton.... hammered it out, it's best in Clapton "Unplugged"...  

    New Bose headphones ?... freshly Cranked on some Unplugged... ?? they g00d!

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    And now for one of my fav Dire Straits tunes. ?

  • And now for one of my fav Dire Straits tunes. ?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    And now for one of my fav Dire Straits tunes. ?

     I saw Eric Clapton many many many years ago and Mark Knoepfler was playing 2nd guitar  Phil Collins was on drums.

     Certainly a Testament to the guys standing in the music community to be able to call these guys up to play side men.

    WSS

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And now for one of my fav Dire Straits tunes. ?

     I saw Eric Clapton many many many years ago and Mark Knoepfler was playing 2nd guitar  Phil Collins was on drums.

     Certainly a Testament to the guys standing in the music community to be able to call these guys up to play side men.

    WSS

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

     I saw Eric Clapton many many many years ago and Mark Knoepfler was playing 2nd guitar  Phil Collins was on drums.

    WSS

    Now that sir....  I'd pay quite well to see ?.. had to be a killer show

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And now for one of my fav Dire Straits tunes. ?

     I saw Eric Clapton many many many years ago and Mark Knoepfler was playing 2nd guitar  Phil Collins was on drums.

     Certainly a Testament to the guys standing in the music community to be able to call these guys up to play side men.

    WSS

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @westside-steve said:

     I saw Eric Clapton many many many years ago and Mark Knoepfler was playing 2nd guitar  Phil Collins was on drums.

     Certainly a Testament to the guys standing in the music community to be able to call these guys up to play side men.

    WSS

    Well they got to move them refrigerators, they got to sell them color TVs.  ?

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    One of Dire Straits best

  • Is there a thread about what you DON’T want to listen to anymore? 
     

    Mine would start with Aerosmith. I can’t change the station fast enough when I hear that garbage

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    Is there a thread about what you DON’T want to listen to anymore? 
     

    Mine would start with Aerosmith. I can’t change the station fast enough when I hear that garbage

    still listen to the radio ? unless i want some local sports talk I have not had the radio on for years