Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Holy shit Gip. You're becoming the cal of the Barber Shop. I mean 7 in a row??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Holy shit Gip. You're becoming the cal of the Barber Shop. I mean 7 in a row??

    As anyone  from here in Northeast Ohio can tell you, if they are of a certain age,    Five of those were  from the regular  WMMS  "get the weekend started"  routine. (from the 70s...not sure how long it went on).     Every Friday for a number of years, the weekend got kicked off  with Born to Run,   Friday on my Mind by Earthquake,  Cleveland Rocks  and the Murray Saul  Get Down Dammit rants.  Skinny Little Boy from Cleveland, Ohio  was also thrown in there at some point.  And we all were listening.  Just ask anyone here old enough to remember.  That protocol is emblematic of why Cleveland is the Rock n Roll Capital of the World. 

    And I threw Right Said Fred in there later, just because I like it and find it amusing,   but no one else posted in the interim.   

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Holy shit Gip. You're becoming the cal of the Barber Shop. I mean 7 in a row??

    As anyone  from here in Northeast Ohio can tell you, if they are of a certain age,    Five of those were  from the regular  WMMS  "get the weekend started"  routine. (from the 70s...not sure how long it went on).     Every Friday for a number of years, the weekend got kicked off  with Born to Run,   Friday on my Mind by Earthquake,  Cleveland Rocks  and the Murray Saul  Get Down Dammit rants.  Skinny Little Boy from Cleveland, Ohio  was also thrown in there at some point.  And we all were listening.  Just ask anyone here old enough to remember.  That protocol is emblematic of why Cleveland is the Rock n Roll Capital of the World. 

    And I threw Right Said Fred in there later, just because I like it and find it amusing,   but no one else posted in the interim.   

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    As anyone  from here in Northeast Ohio can tell you, if they are of a certain age,    Five of those were  from the regular  WMMS  "get the weekend started"  routine. (from the 70s...not sure how long it went on).     Every Friday for a number of years, the weekend got kicked off  with Born to Run,   Friday on my Mind by Earthquake,  Cleveland Rocks  and the Murray Saul  Get Down Dammit rants.  Skinny Little Boy from Cleveland, Ohio  was also thrown in there at some point.  And we all were listening.  Just ask anyone here old enough to remember.  That protocol is emblematic of why Cleveland is the Rock n Roll Capital of the World. 

    And I threw Right Said Fred in there later, just because I like it and find it amusing,   but no one else posted in the interim.   

    It was a BIG deal even those on the outskirts used to try and get the buzzard !

    They indeed  were the days NE Ohio rocked.

    250px-1975_Year_of_the_Buzzard_-_WMMS_print_ad.jpg

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    More famously done by  Otis Redding. 

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    More famously done by  Otis Redding. 

    3 dog nights version was much better fat boy.

  • @the-gipper said:

    More famously done by  Otis Redding. 

    3 dog nights version was much better fat boy.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    3 dog nights version was much better fat boy.

    I like 3 dog night but you are wrong ignorant person 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen

    Call me the party pooper amongst y'all.  I like my at least a little on the country, edgy side.  If not just Merle Haggard, my rock in my earlier years was more like ZZ...southern rock.  I have been listen to this guy last night.

    [youtube]

    [/youtube]

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Happy 58th Birthday to me ?

    ? ? and... "I Remember".....

  • Happy 58th Birthday to me ?

    ? ? and... "I Remember".....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Happy 58th Birthday to me ?

    ? ? and... "I Remember".....

    HBD

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe

    DANG!!!!  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    As I used to open my radio shows with...

    "The whole world is asleep right now... LET'S WAKE THE MOTHERFUCKERS UP!!!" ???

  • Call me the party pooper amongst y'all.  I like my at least a little on the country, edgy side.  If not just Merle Haggard, my rock in my earlier years was more like ZZ...southern rock.  I have been listen to this guy last night.

    [youtube]

    [/youtube]

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @ballpeen said:

    Call me the party pooper amongst y'all.  I like my at least a little on the country, edgy side.  If not just Merle Haggard, my rock in my earlier years was more like ZZ...southern rock.  I have been listen to this guy last nigh

    Well we got to get one really good country guy in here. This came out the year I turned 30 and had surprised myself by coming back from Vietnam when many others I knew had not.. Keep on rollin' with the flow with my first kid that year too. Danged if I know why I'm still around still rollin'.?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    A little melodrama for you:

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    An appropriate philosophy?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    A look to the future:

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    He is pushing  80 here, and still has a fabulous voice:

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Monster guitar tone.

  • Monster guitar tone.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Monster guitar tone.

    Nah------ ?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    Or my all time fav from Austin (RIP SRV). ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969  The tempo on the live version for Hendrix was too fast for my liking.  Sounded more like the speed SRV plays his version at.

  • @texasag1969  The tempo on the live version for Hendrix was too fast for my liking.  Sounded more like the speed SRV plays his version at.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    @texasag1969  The tempo on the live version for Hendrix was too fast for my liking.  Sounded more like the speed SRV plays his version at.

    I like SVR's version better...............................but I'm biased that way. So much talent.?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    @texasag1969  The tempo on the live version for Hendrix was too fast for my liking.  Sounded more like the speed SRV plays his version at.

    I like SVR's version better...............................but I'm biased that way. So much talent.?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @texasag1969 said:

    I like SVR's version better...............................but I'm biased that way. So much talent.?

    I would like SRV's attempt more if it was the original pacing.  What I love about Hendrix is that slower bluesy rock.   

    Outstanding versions either way, won't find me complaining.

    edit: @texasag1969   the reason I posted Gary was because I heard him a few years back and immediately caught that Hendrix vibe.  In tonality at least.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I like SVR's version better...............................but I'm biased that way. So much talent.?

    I would like SRV's attempt more if it was the original pacing.  What I love about Hendrix is that slower bluesy rock.   

    Outstanding versions either way, won't find me complaining.

    edit: @texasag1969   the reason I posted Gary was because I heard him a few years back and immediately caught that Hendrix vibe.  In tonality at least.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @tiamat63 said:

    I would like SRV's attempt more if it was the original pacing.  What I love about Hendrix is that slower bluesy rock.   

    Outstanding versions either way, won't find me complaining.

    edit: @texasag1969   the reason I posted Gary was because I heard him a few years back and immediately caught that Hendrix vibe.  In tonality at least.

    What you need is a little SRV Texas Flood. 

    Go to the 7:10 mark for a little fun.?