Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    Can’t stand Def Leppard. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    The Matrix introduced me to RATM.   

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    night of Joe Perry & tBoyz

    well...train! I met a Dame ! ?

  • The Matrix introduced me to RATM.   

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @tiamat63 said:

    The Matrix introduced me to RATM.  

    I've always liked Moby's music at the end of every Jason Bourne movie.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The Matrix introduced me to RATM.  

    I've always liked Moby's music at the end of every Jason Bourne movie.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I've always liked Moby's music at the end of every Jason Bourne movie.

    I give you something badass like Rage, and you respond with.... Moby.

    Sometimes Tex, I just don't know about you buddy.

  • Billy Joel wrote this one as a tribute to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Billy Joel wrote this one as a tribute to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

    I saw him in Cincy last week. I was never a huge fan but my 20 year old daughter was so fired up to see him that she cattle prodded me enough times to score tickets. One of those weird shoulda been the other way around situation l guess. It was actually a top notch performance. 

    If anyone else has seen him, is the flyswatter schtick something he’s done before or was that a one off? It was sort of this running joke where he kept swatting flies in between songs and l couldn’t tell if it was some sort of gag or if he was truly concerned about flies and just happened to have a flyswatter on top of his piano. The show was at Great American Ballpark, which is near the Ohio River, and the stage was set up in the outfield where routine flys are commonplace.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by


    Aaaand l drove to Indy to see these guys last night. I was pretty stoked they opened with this number as it was the first record l scored from them back in the early 90s. The Furs still got it and Richard Butler still has one of the best voices in rock n roll. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @ibleedbrown   Family has seen Billy Joel 3 times..All indoors.. ^^ I've not seen a flyswatter placed on his piano once ^^^ Billy puts on a excellent show 

    3..matches the times I've seen a Tom Petty show

    We may have to remix this top 10 list? ? 

     here's a pair that fall under most Underrated Tom Petty songs...

    and keeping that list under 10 won't come easy...RIP TP  ? 

    man..do I miss some new Tom Petty.. gone 4 years as of this Oct. 2nd

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by

    Steppenwolf -  

    I like to dream, yes, yes
    Right between the sound machine
    On a cloud of sound I drift in the night
    Any place it goes is right
    Goes far, flies near
    To the stars away from here

    DSC02089.jpeg

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Starting off our drive the right way.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

  • First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

    So you are currently listening to and enjoying that tune? Not picking on you, to each his own I suppose.

    WSS

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    when i go music weird?

    that's when i reach for some.... Hollywood Undead..  the less rap version

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    can't explain it.. the song just gives me the good vibe chills

  • @tiamat63 said:

    First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

    So you are currently listening to and enjoying that tune? Not picking on you, to each his own I suppose.

    WSS

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    So you are currently listening to and enjoying that tune?

    WSS

    Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

  • @westside-steve said:

    So you are currently listening to and enjoying that tune?

    WSS

    Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

    Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren't alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

    WSS

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

    Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren't alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

    WSS

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @westside-steve said:

    Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren't alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

    WSS

    Oh it absolutely was his intent.  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.   Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

    And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes ??

  • @westside-steve said:

    Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren't alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

    WSS

    Oh it absolutely was his intent.  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.   Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

    And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes ??

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh it absolutely was his intent.  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.   Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

    And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes ??

     hahaha I don't try to hide my age. I had the first one and I had a later one that Warner Brothers hired Studio musicians and actually produced.

    WSS

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by bigbambo

    I have this on a mix of videos I bought.....every time this vid starts,  I fumble for the RTI with my finger on the skip button...then he starts flappin.......makes my laugh every time for many reasons...yep, watched the whole thing...again