Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by

    Steppenwolf -  

    I like to dream, yes, yes
    Right between the sound machine
    On a cloud of sound I drift in the night
    Any place it goes is right
    Goes far, flies near
    To the stars away from here

    DSC02089.jpeg

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Starting off our drive the right way.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

  • First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

    So you are currently listening to and enjoying that tune? Not picking on you, to each his own I suppose.

    WSS

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    when i go music weird?

    that's when i reach for some.... Hollywood Undead..  the less rap version

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    can't explain it.. the song just gives me the good vibe chills

  • @tiamat63 said:

    First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

    So you are currently listening to and enjoying that tune? Not picking on you, to each his own I suppose.

    WSS

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    So you are currently listening to and enjoying that tune?

    WSS

    Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

  • @westside-steve said:

    So you are currently listening to and enjoying that tune?

    WSS

    Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

    Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren't alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

    WSS

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

    Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren't alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

    WSS

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @westside-steve said:

    Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren't alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

    WSS

    Oh it absolutely was his intent.  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.   Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

    And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes ??

  • @westside-steve said:

    Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren't alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

    WSS

    Oh it absolutely was his intent.  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.   Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

    And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes ??

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh it absolutely was his intent.  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.   Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

    And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes ??

     hahaha I don't try to hide my age. I had the first one and I had a later one that Warner Brothers hired Studio musicians and actually produced.

    WSS

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by bigbambo

    I have this on a mix of videos I bought.....every time this vid starts,  I fumble for the RTI with my finger on the skip button...then he starts flappin.......makes my laugh every time for many reasons...yep, watched the whole thing...again

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by

    HEROIN

    Because when the smack begins to flow
    I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Welcome to OcToolber 

  • HEROIN

    Because when the smack begins to flow
    I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @bigbambo said:

    HEROIN

    Because when the smack begins to flow
    I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

  • @bigbambo said:

    HEROIN

    Because when the smack begins to flow
    I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

    bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by

    The End sounds much like Heroin and are two great songs.......I could tell ya stories....

    Not sure what the doors had to do with this vid/song.....I believe that is the original Lou and the velvet underground version?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    few of the boyz spent our Friday Night... right here ?

    it twas a good night...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    When did ?

  • First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    First day of Fall means the gym playlist starts getting a little more weird.

    May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Marilyn Manson looks like he's about to ask if I've been eating well and offer me a casserole ME 01 WE ARE'