Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Oh it absolutely was his intent.  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.   Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

    And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes ??

     hahaha I don't try to hide my age. I had the first one and I had a later one that Warner Brothers hired Studio musicians and actually produced.

    WSS

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

     hahaha I don't try to hide my age.

    WSS

    Right out of Beaumont, Texas and into Day The Music Died history.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    What would a ending summer Happy Friday be like, without a tribute to a few Beautiful Girls ?  ?️ ?  ⛱️ 

    ?  there's always next season 😮

  • I have this on a mix of videos I bought.....every time this vid starts,  I fumble for the RTI with my finger on the skip button...then he starts flappin.......makes my laugh every time for many reasons...yep, watched the whole thing...again

    F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by

    @bigbambo said:

    I have this on a mix of videos I bought.....every time this vid starts,  I fumble for the RTI with my finger on the skip button...then he starts flappin.......makes my laugh every time for many reasons...yep, watched the whole thing...again

    I think of Ghoulardi when I hear this - 

    the Trashmen were from Mpls 

    but you are right - it gets me giggling too

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by

    My wife's cousin was a camera man for Ghoulardi.....I remember watching him but can't remember if it was Ghoulardi or the Ghoul that made fun of Dorthy Fuldheim all the time.  I remember a "Dorthy Fuldheim for Mayor" poster that showed her face on a horses body...I thought it was the funniest thing at that time.  I know..kinda lame now but it was Dorthy Fuldheim 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    ????

  • bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by

    I didn't mean to hurt you
    I'm sorry that I made you cry
    Oh no, I didn't want to hurt you
    I'm just a bigbambo nah, that's not really the word

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    On this cold, dark and rainy morning.

  • On this cold, dark and rainy morning.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    On this cold, dark and rainy morning.

    Slightly reminiscent?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    On this cold, dark and rainy morning.

    Slightly reminiscent?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Slightly reminiscent?

    the tempo very much is.   Teardop is in B...     

    I can see the similarities in the opening 15 seconds with Mr Fantasy.    By the way, great playlist.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Slightly reminiscent?

    the tempo very much is.   Teardop is in B...     

    I can see the similarities in the opening 15 seconds with Mr Fantasy.    By the way, great playlist.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    the tempo very much is.   Teardop is in B...     

    I can see the similarities in the opening 15 seconds with Mr Fantasy.    By the way, great playlist.

    And the distance between Generations would lead me to think there was absolutely no hint of plagiarism but I know that some people get crazy about that s***.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Slightly reminiscent?

    the tempo very much is.   Teardop is in B...     

    I can see the similarities in the opening 15 seconds with Mr Fantasy.    By the way, great playlist.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    the tempo very much is.   Teardop is in B...     

    I can see the similarities in the opening 15 seconds with Mr Fantasy.    By the way, great playlist.

    PS I'm guessing that playlist is generated by YouTube music. Which depending on whatever streaming service you have if you get YouTube music and YouTube premium you get them both at the same price. Which is a great deal i m o since I really like YouTube music

  • @tiamat63 said:

    the tempo very much is.   Teardop is in B...     

    I can see the similarities in the opening 15 seconds with Mr Fantasy.    By the way, great playlist.

    And the distance between Generations would lead me to think there was absolutely no hint of plagiarism but I know that some people get crazy about that s***.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    And the distance between Generations would lead me to think there was absolutely no hint of plagiarism but I know that some people get crazy about that s***.

    Plagiarism is one thing... influence is another.   There's a great deal of work everyone listen's to where you can hear the inspiration.   But you can also see musicians taking inspiration, adding their own flavor, their own effort and creating something of a new sound.   Shoe-gaze is one such example.

  • @westside-steve said:

    And the distance between Generations would lead me to think there was absolutely no hint of plagiarism but I know that some people get crazy about that s***.

    Plagiarism is one thing... influence is another.   There's a great deal of work everyone listen's to where you can hear the inspiration.   But you can also see musicians taking inspiration, adding their own flavor, their own effort and creating something of a new sound.   Shoe-gaze is one such example.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Plagiarism is one thing... influence is another.   There's a great deal of work everyone listen's to where you can hear the inspiration.   But you can also see musicians taking inspiration, adding their own flavor, their own effort and creating something of a new sound.   Shoe-gaze is one such example.

    Yes you are exactly one hundred percent totally correct. I actually spent hours in my living room with my guitar writing a song that all of a sudden dawned on me was from Bruce Springsteen's the river album. I think that British kid who got busted for Won't Back Down by Tom Petty similarity got a raw deal.

    https://www.vistacharterms.org/apps/video/watch.jsp?v=76581

    There is nothing new Under the Sun.

  • The Matrix introduced me to RATM.   

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    The Matrix introduced me to RATM.   

    673B19F1-5C75-4E55-BD00-E90321E64252.jpeg

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    One Classic from .... 

    Your fans  ?

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    now on to new music  High like Colorado 

  • One Classic from .... 

    Your fans  ?

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by ATOM

    @gumby73 said:

    One Classic from .... 

    Your fans  ?

    that was bad ass probably set a a sing along record  

  • @gumby73 said:

    One Classic from .... 

    Your fans  ?

    that was bad ass probably set a a sing along record  

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @atom said:

    that was bad ass probably set a a sing along record  

    Better than listening to Green Day I guess...?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Oasis ^^ now preformed by many cover bands

  • @atom said:

    that was bad ass probably set a a sing along record  

    Better than listening to Green Day I guess...?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @westside-steve said:

    Better than listening to Green Day I guess...?

    Green Day's way of showing their respect to Queen... Green Day opens every concert before with this classic.. Many fan sing along's can be found via youtube...Fans Spontaneous reactions are great.. The video of choice from me? Is when those spirited winds, somehow move the drum cymbals ? around 2 minutes & verse into song .. to each his own..

    Edit---Enjoy your stuff WSS.. are you working on any new music? Christmas is around the corner ?