Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Brilliantly written new song..  Wallen w/Eric Church

  • Brilliantly written new song..  Wallen w/Eric Church

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Brilliantly written new song..  Wallen w/Eric Church

    that is excellent. I wish I had written that one. If only I had the musical talent etc lol.

       it's a great song - I have given up on so much "genx country" music these days - but this song is outstanding.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Ever notice what a throwback song this is by Stephan Sanchez?

    How about from the 1950's?

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    My favorite song, favorite band. 

  • My favorite song, favorite band. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    My favorite song, favorite band. 

    Egad, Bob. All American soldiers and generals are "pigs" because they fight a war? what the hell? That sure seemed to be an American soldier putting a blindfold or bandage on another person.

    "War PIgs" is somebodies' mind on drugs as to it's creation.

    btw, is this acid rock? really not my thing.I had to make jumps forward because the music sucked. Maybe on a point of "that is tough music to play" but I only play my harmonica and haven't strummed my guitar for a long time now, and I can't read music....

  • @bob806 said:

    My favorite song, favorite band. 

    Egad, Bob. All American soldiers and generals are "pigs" because they fight a war? what the hell? That sure seemed to be an American soldier putting a blindfold or bandage on another person.

    "War PIgs" is somebodies' mind on drugs as to it's creation.

    btw, is this acid rock? really not my thing.I had to make jumps forward because the music sucked. Maybe on a point of "that is tough music to play" but I only play my harmonica and haven't strummed my guitar for a long time now, and I can't read music....

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Egad, Bob. All American soldiers and generals are "pigs" because they fight a war? what the hell? That sure seemed to be an American soldier putting a blindfold or bandage on another person.

    "War PIgs" is somebodies' mind on drugs as to it's creation.

    btw, is this acid rock? really not my thing.I had to make jumps forward because the music sucked. Maybe on a point of "that is tough music to play" but I only play my harmonica and haven't strummed my guitar for a long time now, and I can't read music....

    The "pigs" are in reference to the government, not the soldiers.

    I always enjoyed Black Sabbath. Contrary to what the critics said, they weren't into "the devil" & played many love songs. 

    I like that era...Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Yes, Golden Earring etc

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Egad, Bob. All American soldiers and generals are "pigs" because they fight a war? what the hell? That sure seemed to be an American soldier putting a blindfold or bandage on another person.

    "War PIgs" is somebodies' mind on drugs as to it's creation.

    btw, is this acid rock? really not my thing.I had to make jumps forward because the music sucked. Maybe on a point of "that is tough music to play" but I only play my harmonica and haven't strummed my guitar for a long time now, and I can't read music....

    The "pigs" are in reference to the government, not the soldiers.

    I always enjoyed Black Sabbath. Contrary to what the critics said, they weren't into "the devil" & played many love songs. 

    I like that era...Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Yes, Golden Earring etc

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    @bob806 said:

    The "pigs" are in reference to the government, not the soldiers.

    I always enjoyed Black Sabbath. Contrary to what the critics said, they weren't into "the devil" & played many love songs. 

    I like that era...Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Yes, Golden Earring etc

       I'm not able to appreciate all that. I'm way too stodgy, I reckon. lol

      But soldiers fly those planes, etc.

    Then again, I have no use for any kind of art, except realism. Of all my good grades in college, I got a "D" in "art appreciation". Good thing I never took a music class.....

  • @bob806 said:

    The "pigs" are in reference to the government, not the soldiers.

    I always enjoyed Black Sabbath. Contrary to what the critics said, they weren't into "the devil" & played many love songs. 

    I like that era...Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Yes, Golden Earring etc

       I'm not able to appreciate all that. I'm way too stodgy, I reckon. lol

      But soldiers fly those planes, etc.

    Then again, I have no use for any kind of art, except realism. Of all my good grades in college, I got a "D" in "art appreciation". Good thing I never took a music class.....

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

       I'm not able to appreciate all that. I'm way too stodgy, I reckon. lol

    I like some mellow stuff too...Carpenters, CSN& Y, Steely Dan to name a few.

  • @calfoxwc said:

       I'm not able to appreciate all that. I'm way too stodgy, I reckon. lol

    I like some mellow stuff too...Carpenters, CSN& Y, Steely Dan to name a few.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    I like some mellow stuff too...Carpenters, CSN& Y, Steely Dan to name a few.

    Allison Krause and the Union Station, Brad Paisley, Garth Brooks. I'm old school country. Country stodgy. lol.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    I swear, one of these days, I'm gonna get out my pretty guitar and learn to play it: (maybe when I get my knee replaced soon)

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    btw, if you have never seen the movie, here is some great background information on it:

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Always liked this cover. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    i like this pig reference "the one's with wealth and power" that manipulate society

  • My favorite song, favorite band. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd

    @bob806 said:

    My favorite song, favorite band. 

    but what's strange is Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath L.P

  • sydS syd

    i like this pig reference "the one's with wealth and power" that manipulate society

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    i like this pig reference "the one's with wealth and power" that manipulate society

    Animals is my favorite Pink Floyd album!

    Saw them at Cleveland Stadium on the Animals tour, the old World Series of Rock. Really great.

  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    My favorite song, favorite band. 

    but what's strange is Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath L.P

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    but what's strange is Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath L.P

    It's good but for me true Sabbath is Ozzy & the 1st 8 albums. Love 'em all.

  • @syd said:

    but what's strange is Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath L.P

    It's good but for me true Sabbath is Ozzy & the 1st 8 albums. Love 'em all.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    It's good but for me true Sabbath is Ozzy & the 1st 8 albums. Love 'em all.

    Like This

  • @syd said:

    but what's strange is Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath L.P

    It's good but for me true Sabbath is Ozzy & the 1st 8 albums. Love 'em all.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    It's good but for me true Sabbath is Ozzy & the 1st 8 albums. Love 'em all.

    part of me wishes we had done this movie back in our senior class in high school.

       I'm country stodgy, but I can dance this good! (well, as soon as I get my left knee replaced......)

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by