Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    edit:

    And because it's the 50th anniversary for Hip-Hop.   Nas said it best. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    The Ballad of Loser Lefty

    this is an amazing old song. Johnny Cash sang it, too...

  • Just felt it necessary given the conversation in the Superbowl thread.  Maybe a place where someone finds something they like randomly with what we share.

    You can present your music with or without any other commentary. I tend to choose the latter.

    Just a great jam, IMHO.  I love funk, and if you pay attention to the lyrics - a commentary on hip hop (at the time) with what record executives wanted the band to produce, but what they felt ended up doing - rock n roll shelters all.

    @d-bone.... Like I said, if you ever work up the nerve to listen.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @tiamat63 said:

    Just felt it necessary given the conversation in the Superbowl thread.  Maybe a place where someone finds something they like randomly with what we share.

    You can present your music with or without any other commentary. I tend to choose the latter.

    Just a great jam, IMHO.  I love funk, and if you pay attention to the lyrics - a commentary on hip hop (at the time) with what record executives wanted the band to produce, but what they felt ended up doing - rock n roll shelters all.

    @d-bone.... Like I said, if you ever work up the nerve to listen.

    WOW!  The 2nd singer takes this song to another level.  They're both good though.  Another band that used to offset vocals well (if they're your cup of tea) was Linkin Park.  The song below doesn't have very much of a blend; but the guy with the backward cap doing an occasional chorus - does do some rap in quite a few of their other songs.  Again, this might not be for everybody.  They kind of grew on me.  Every time I heard them I'd be like who was that?  

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd

    now a days the song would be about the interwebs

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Just felt it necessary given the conversation in the Superbowl thread.  Maybe a place where someone finds something they like randomly with what we share.

    You can present your music with or without any other commentary. I tend to choose the latter.

    Just a great jam, IMHO.  I love funk, and if you pay attention to the lyrics - a commentary on hip hop (at the time) with what record executives wanted the band to produce, but what they felt ended up doing - rock n roll shelters all.

    @d-bone.... Like I said, if you ever work up the nerve to listen.

    WOW!  The 2nd singer takes this song to another level.  They're both good though.  Another band that used to offset vocals well (if they're your cup of tea) was Linkin Park.  The song below doesn't have very much of a blend; but the guy with the backward cap doing an occasional chorus - does do some rap in quite a few of their other songs.  Again, this might not be for everybody.  They kind of grew on me.  Every time I heard them I'd be like who was that?  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @flugel said:

     Another band that used to offset vocals well (if they're your cup of tea) was Linkin Park. 

    I'm early 30s, I grew up with Linkin Park ?

    @flugel said:

    The song below doesn't have very much of a blend;

    Chester does good stuff on his own.

     This was a side song project he did that I remember randomly stumbled across on 92.3 out of CLE when they did late night alternate jams.  

    @flugel said:

    but the guy with the backward cap doing an occasional chorus - does do some rap in quite a few of their other songs. 

    That's Mike Shinoda who had his own solo project that was pretty decent.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    another football season without some BB friends ?

    @atenears @the-gipper @tour2ma 

    Friends ! We all wish you were here !  ?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • @flugel said:

     Another band that used to offset vocals well (if they're your cup of tea) was Linkin Park. 

    I'm early 30s, I grew up with Linkin Park ?

    @flugel said:

    The song below doesn't have very much of a blend;

    Chester does good stuff on his own.

     This was a side song project he did that I remember randomly stumbled across on 92.3 out of CLE when they did late night alternate jams.  

    @flugel said:

    but the guy with the backward cap doing an occasional chorus - does do some rap in quite a few of their other songs. 

    That's Mike Shinoda who had his own solo project that was pretty decent.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm early 30s, I grew up with Linkin Park ?

    Chester does good stuff on his own.

     This was a side song project he did that I remember randomly stumbled across on 92.3 out of CLE when they did late night alternate jams.  

    That's Mike Shinoda who had his own solo project that was pretty decent.

    I'm early 70s and grew up and listened to  the  BEST  Rock and Roll  ....   ever  !

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    This is a GREAT song. Beautiful melody.

    The lyrics:

    https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnanderson/seminolewind.html

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by jbluhm86

    Some of the current tastings on my playlist:

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Try asking 3 dance studio daughters to decide between ...

    a.) Taylor Swift Concert?

    or

    b.) Pink Concert ?

    5 months later.. "It's Pink live in November Dad" 😍

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Have to start warming up the alternative stuff since spooky season is around the corner.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Just ran across one of those Battle of the albums kind of posts on facebook. Thumbs up for meat loaf or heart for kid a. I've never heard of kid a so I looked it up. Sounds like rubbish to me but to each his own.

    WSS

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Night Ranger: with Cleveland's own Contemporary Youth Orchestra’. Album release date 10/20/23.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Doing songs today that use bass as the lead.    

  • The Junkyard DogT The Junkyard Dog wrote on last edited by