Skip to content

What/Who are you currently listening to?

Barber Shop Talk
917 32 36.3k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    and when they don't sing at all....

    this is serious music right here:

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Happy Mothers Day weekend !  ?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Did I already post this? I really like this song A lot.

    wS

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    I like this version best. Not easy for me to play on my guitar.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe

    Youtube just reminded me this existed.. It popped up out of the blue.. Ours, a lyric video from a lil while back

    Enjoy ???

  • Finally going to see The Black Keys, got tickets for the October 12th show at Rocket Mortage Fieldhouse. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by Ibleedbrown

    @dutch-oven said:

    Finally going to see The Black Keys, got tickets for the October 12th show at Rocket Mortage Fieldhouse. 

    Show still happening? I’m a fan myself, a hat trick under my belt. I heard about the funkiness with management and cancelled shows. 

    Goofy fun fact, Dan Aurbach’s dad Chuck is an antiques dealer. Dude’s got a great eye too, deals is some weird and macabre stuff. 

    This one’s the ringer.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by Ibleedbrown

    The Psychedelic Furs continue to tour. Mars Williams, their longtime sax/clarinet player kicked it last year. RIP Mars. Richard Butler still has the most iconic voice in rock n roll. I’ll fight you on that. Get it while you can.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Finally going to see The Black Keys, got tickets for the October 12th show at Rocket Mortage Fieldhouse. 

    Show still happening? I’m a fan myself, a hat trick under my belt. I heard about the funkiness with management and cancelled shows. 

    Goofy fun fact, Dan Aurbach’s dad Chuck is an antiques dealer. Dude’s got a great eye too, deals is some weird and macabre stuff. 

    This one’s the ringer.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Show still happening? I’m a fan myself, a hat trick under my belt. I heard about the funkiness with management and cancelled shows. 

    Goofy fun fact, Dan Aurbach’s dad Chuck is an antiques dealer. Dude’s got a great eye too, deals is some weird and macabre stuff. 

    This one’s the ringer.

    So the tour was cancelled, shortly after The Black Keys fired their management, allegedly they will do a tour in smaller venues and it will be announced sometime. All of us who had tickets will get first shot to get tickets to the new show. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Show still happening? I’m a fan myself, a hat trick under my belt. I heard about the funkiness with management and cancelled shows. 

    Goofy fun fact, Dan Aurbach’s dad Chuck is an antiques dealer. Dude’s got a great eye too, deals is some weird and macabre stuff. 

    This one’s the ringer.

    So the tour was cancelled, shortly after The Black Keys fired their management, allegedly they will do a tour in smaller venues and it will be announced sometime. All of us who had tickets will get first shot to get tickets to the new show. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So the tour was cancelled, shortly after The Black Keys fired their management, allegedly they will do a tour in smaller venues and it will be announced sometime. All of us who had tickets will get first shot to get tickets to the new show. 

    Right on, l dig the smaller venues anyway. They headlined the Forecastle Festival in Louisville years ago, that was the first time l saw them. They’re really good!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So the tour was cancelled, shortly after The Black Keys fired their management, allegedly they will do a tour in smaller venues and it will be announced sometime. All of us who had tickets will get first shot to get tickets to the new show. 

    Right on, l dig the smaller venues anyway. They headlined the Forecastle Festival in Louisville years ago, that was the first time l saw them. They’re really good!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Right on, l dig the smaller venues anyway. They headlined the Forecastle Festival in Louisville years ago, that was the first time l saw them. They’re really good!

    Yeah, I've been hesitant to see them at RoMoFiHo because it just seemed too big for them.

    Definitely a band better for a smaller venue. Even the CSU arena would work. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    on a different note:

    https://song.link/rachel

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    This is a very underrated song IMO.  Always loved this band...

  • The Psychedelic Furs continue to tour. Mars Williams, their longtime sax/clarinet player kicked it last year. RIP Mars. Richard Butler still has the most iconic voice in rock n roll. I’ll fight you on that. Get it while you can.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    The Psychedelic Furs continue to tour. Mars Williams, their longtime sax/clarinet player kicked it last year. RIP Mars. Richard Butler still has the most iconic voice in rock n roll. I’ll fight you on that. Get it while you can.

    You got me flashing back to college with these guys. I'll pop a couple Furs tunes in here for yuz.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    The Psychedelic Furs continue to tour. Mars Williams, their longtime sax/clarinet player kicked it last year. RIP Mars. Richard Butler still has the most iconic voice in rock n roll. I’ll fight you on that. Get it while you can.

    You got me flashing back to college with these guys. I'll pop a couple Furs tunes in here for yuz.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    You got me flashing back to college with these guys. I'll pop a couple Furs tunes in here for yuz.

    That second song was from the album “Forever Now”. That one was a game changer for teenage me. This was the song that really pickled my pigsfeet.

    They put out a new album in the summer of 2020. It’s actually pretty good, but shit timing for touring purposes. They’ve been relentlessly touring since then. 

    They’re worth seeing. I’m quite aware that some acts lose it as they age. They’re not one of ‘em.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by