Skip to content

Tuesday practice updates

The Browns Board
54 26 3.8k
  • People get ready for BQ. He will be here 10+ years. The kid is a gamer and a leader. That's what everybody is looking for in a QB. Yes he will struggle at first they all do but in the long run he will be just fine.

    Write it down.

  • @choco said:

    who else would know what DA is thinking right now?

    "Cheeseburgers..."

    mz. said:

    "Cheeseburgers..."

    I thought it was Arby's.

  • OBR twittering from practice tonight saying Quinn is lighting it up.

    DA reportedly passing short throws with "extreme velocity". Passes zinging incomplete.

  • @choco said:

    who else would know what DA is thinking right now?

    "Cheeseburgers..."

    mz. said:

    "Cheeseburgers..."

    Hmmm.... Cheeseburgers vs. Subway??

  • Sounds like really bad morning practice today. Hopefully things went better in the afternoon. Some players are just melting down.

  • People get ready for BQ. He will be here 10+ years. The kid is a gamer and a leader. That's what everybody is looking for in a QB. Yes he will struggle at first they all do but in the long run he will be just fine.

    Write it down.

    @bigred said:

    People get ready for BQ. He will be here 10+ years. The kid is a gamer and a leader. That's what everybody is looking for in a QB. Yes he will struggle at first they all do but in the long run he will be just fine.

    Write it down.

    I watched this kid from his first game at ND he caught on pretty fast i expect to see him do the same as the browns QB a lot of people say...he should already be better then DA he is gonna suck well DA is a probowler and has 27 starts under his belt and BQ looks slightly better right off of the bench he has rotted on for 3 years...once BQ has half that many starts he will likely be bringing us fairly consistant wins...

    However with that being said the nfl is incredibly hard on QBs and theres always a small chance he could flop and a bigger chance he will be average but i expect bq will be well above average within 2 seasons...

  • Sounds like really bad morning practice today. Hopefully things went better in the afternoon. Some players are just melting down.

    @restinpeace said:

    Sounds like really bad morning practice today. Hopefully things went better in the afternoon. Some players are just melting down.

    Yeah I wonder who Mangini is pissed about. Any clues from this?

    "Quinn threw a pass in the two-minute that was nowhere near a receiver and CB Brandon McDonald intercepted it and returned it for a score."

    The performance in today's two-minute drill particulary irked coach Eric Mangini. "They have to understand what we're trying to accomplish, not just lob the ball up, get intercepted and have a false start," he said. "That's bad football."

  • Zombo said:

    Wow. Really?

    He seems like a laid back guy with a good sense of humor about things. The joke about Quinn giving the defense signs should give you some insight into this guy ... he doesn't seem like meltdown material.

    He was mad cause a guy misran a route. The rest is pure speculation on your part. Sometimes we attribute things to people we don't know based on how other people we know would act in a certain situation. Doesn't sound like Derek.

    He was mad at a boneheaded receiver. Again, if it were Quinn, it would be "fiery leader".

    I swear to God, if you changed "Quinn" with "Anderson" and posted this today, someone would have said "See, Anderson doesn't give a shit, doesn't get mad, he's not a leader. Quinn let his guy know he was upset, he's a real leader."

    You know it, I know it ... it's pure unadultered bias.

    Not that there's anything wrong with it ... it's just not accurate.

    Zombo

    Generally DA is quite laid back but under stressful pressure of any kind he has a tendency to occasionally blow up and or blame others its never his fault...he sees he is slowly but steadily losing the starting job and is understandably getting frustrated...i am bias to BQ but only because i know he will be a far superior qb when given the chance rather that be in brownstown or elsewhere...i like da in a lot of ways but honestly he is not nfl starting material but a great backup..

  • Im just going to burry my head til the season starts.

  • @restinpeace said:

    Sounds like really bad morning practice today. Hopefully things went better in the afternoon. Some players are just melting down.

    Yeah I wonder who Mangini is pissed about. Any clues from this?

    "Quinn threw a pass in the two-minute that was nowhere near a receiver and CB Brandon McDonald intercepted it and returned it for a score."

    The performance in today's two-minute drill particulary irked coach Eric Mangini. "They have to understand what we're trying to accomplish, not just lob the ball up, get intercepted and have a false start," he said. "That's bad football."

    @lumbergh said:

    Yeah I wonder who Mangini is pissed about. Any clues from this?

    "Quinn threw a pass in the two-minute that was nowhere near a receiver and CB Brandon McDonald intercepted it and returned it for a score."

    The performance in today's two-minute drill particulary irked coach Eric Mangini. "They have to understand what we're trying to accomplish, not just lob the ball up, get intercepted and have a false start," he said. "That's bad football."

    It's funny that you would quote something like that only when it applies to Quinn......

  • I say we stars Anderson in the first quater against the vikes. And after his first 3 passes are picked off we can put quinn in for the rest of the season

  • Zombo said:

    He was mad at a boneheaded receiver. Again, if it were Quinn, it would be "fiery leader".

    You seemed to have missed my point, which is Anderson is not a fiery leader, and when the pressure is on he loses focus. He can throw, but I have yet to see him lead. Another point I made was my questioning where this so-called "fire" was last season when things started off terrible? Did he yell at Edwards during the Cowboys game and get him to focus? Don't tell me about what other people would have said if Quinn had yelled at a WR. I am not talking about Quinn - although yes, you're right people would have said that. I am not other people.

    The fact is Anderson is not a vocal leader. So when I hear about him kicking cones, yelling about wrong routes, or generally pissed off about a missed assignment, I don't automatically assume he is establishing a leadership role. I think he is doing what he does when the heat is on - collapse.

    It has nothing to do with what I think other people would do in that situation - whatever that means?? - but everything to do with what I have seen from DA when the heat was on. I am a fan of the Browns and watch every game. I am not some outsider spouting off about what other people saw.

    You don't think it is accurate because that is not your opinion of him. If I ruffled your feathers a bit because I have expressed my opinion, I don't know what to tell you. It is a message board, shit happens.

  • I say we stars Anderson in the first quater against the vikes. And after his first 3 passes are picked off we can put quinn in for the rest of the season

    @medicineman said:

    I say we stars Anderson in the first quater against the vikes. And after his first 3 passes are picked off we can put quinn in for the rest of the season

    Yeah, that way after Anderson throws those three picks and his defenders come here making every excuse in the book, they can criticize every move that Quinn makes.

  • @restinpeace said:

    Sounds like really bad morning practice today. Hopefully things went better in the afternoon. Some players are just melting down.

    Yeah I wonder who Mangini is pissed about. Any clues from this?

    "Quinn threw a pass in the two-minute that was nowhere near a receiver and CB Brandon McDonald intercepted it and returned it for a score."

    The performance in today's two-minute drill particulary irked coach Eric Mangini. "They have to understand what we're trying to accomplish, not just lob the ball up, get intercepted and have a false start," he said. "That's bad football."

    @lumbergh said:

    Yeah I wonder who Mangini is pissed about. Any clues from this?

    "Quinn threw a pass in the two-minute that was nowhere near a receiver and CB Brandon McDonald intercepted it and returned it for a score."

    I seem to remember something in there about Anderson running a lap or two for fumbling handoffs and snaps.

  • I'll give DA credit for at least showing he cares. I honestly thought he'd go into operation shrug shoulders with stupid grin on his face like in the past when he failed.

    The kid is human, I don't like to see anybody struggle knowing they're losing their job. He ain't a bad dude.

  • Zombo said:

    Like somehow you have climbed into Derek's head and are reporting back to the rest of us.

    It's great knowing exactly what Derek is feeling at all times.

    I don't know about getting inside his head, but I have watched him play and unravel under pressure, and then not recover. You haven't seen this kid collapse under pressure?

    And now all of a sudden, with his starting position apparently on the line and the pressure mounting, he is a fiery, vocal leader?

    Is that what you're trying to sell me? Cuz I ain't buying it.

  • He's coming completley unhinged imo. At the scrimmage he threw a football down and was arguing with the refs so much about a sack rogers had on him they called a penalty and backed the offense up half the distance to the goal. That's very uncharacteristic of him and I think combined with all of the other things we've been hearing and then set in the context of him clearly falling behind in the qb competition and I think you have what I would call a complete meltdown. You don't have to be a mind reader to see it either.

  • If this was the Presidential primary season, Anderson would have won the Iowa runoff but lost New Hampshire and got swept on Super Tuesday.

  • Like somehow you have climbed into Derek's head and are reporting back to the rest of us.

    It's great knowing exactly what Derek is feeling at all times.

    Hey zombo that sounds like something lums would post! hehehehehe 😉

    Mangini had a meltdown too and the whole team is sucking and or mangini is in a bad mood because his loverarm is losing the contest in the rest of the worlds eyes and he is going to look stupid and get jeered for naming DA the man...

  • He's coming completley unhinged imo. At the scrimmage he threw a football down and was arguing with the refs so much about a sack rogers had on him they called a penalty and backed the offense up half the distance to the goal. That's very uncharacteristic of him and I think combined with all of the other things we've been hearing and then set in the context of him clearly falling behind in the qb competition and I think you have what I would call a complete meltdown. You don't have to be a mind reader to see it either.

    @clevelandrocks said:

    He's coming completley unhinged imo. At the scrimmage he threw a football down and was arguing with the refs so much about a sack rogers had on him they called a penalty and backed the offense up half the distance to the goal. That's very uncharacteristic of him and I think combined with all of the other things we've been hearing and then set in the context of him clearly falling behind in the qb competition and I think you have what I would call a complete meltdown. You don't have to be a mind reader to see it either.

    I think Quinn will be the starter and have said so from the beginning. This hasn't been about who the best passer is. It has been about who can manage the offense the best and be the best leader on the field. So here's a revelation. If they don't get the running game going and going well, neither QB will be successful.

    This season's success depends on our running game and the defense stopping the opponents running game. No QB will be successful in this system if they can't run the ball. It isn't about 8 men in the box either. It is about guys geting their ass whipped at the line of scrimmage (both sides of the ball).