Skip to content

Tuesday practice updates

The Browns Board
54 26 3.8k
  • I say we stars Anderson in the first quater against the vikes. And after his first 3 passes are picked off we can put quinn in for the rest of the season

    @medicineman said:

    I say we stars Anderson in the first quater against the vikes. And after his first 3 passes are picked off we can put quinn in for the rest of the season

    Yeah, that way after Anderson throws those three picks and his defenders come here making every excuse in the book, they can criticize every move that Quinn makes.

  • @restinpeace said:

    Sounds like really bad morning practice today. Hopefully things went better in the afternoon. Some players are just melting down.

    Yeah I wonder who Mangini is pissed about. Any clues from this?

    "Quinn threw a pass in the two-minute that was nowhere near a receiver and CB Brandon McDonald intercepted it and returned it for a score."

    The performance in today's two-minute drill particulary irked coach Eric Mangini. "They have to understand what we're trying to accomplish, not just lob the ball up, get intercepted and have a false start," he said. "That's bad football."

    @lumbergh said:

    Yeah I wonder who Mangini is pissed about. Any clues from this?

    "Quinn threw a pass in the two-minute that was nowhere near a receiver and CB Brandon McDonald intercepted it and returned it for a score."

    I seem to remember something in there about Anderson running a lap or two for fumbling handoffs and snaps.

  • I'll give DA credit for at least showing he cares. I honestly thought he'd go into operation shrug shoulders with stupid grin on his face like in the past when he failed.

    The kid is human, I don't like to see anybody struggle knowing they're losing their job. He ain't a bad dude.

  • Zombo said:

    Like somehow you have climbed into Derek's head and are reporting back to the rest of us.

    It's great knowing exactly what Derek is feeling at all times.

    I don't know about getting inside his head, but I have watched him play and unravel under pressure, and then not recover. You haven't seen this kid collapse under pressure?

    And now all of a sudden, with his starting position apparently on the line and the pressure mounting, he is a fiery, vocal leader?

    Is that what you're trying to sell me? Cuz I ain't buying it.

  • He's coming completley unhinged imo. At the scrimmage he threw a football down and was arguing with the refs so much about a sack rogers had on him they called a penalty and backed the offense up half the distance to the goal. That's very uncharacteristic of him and I think combined with all of the other things we've been hearing and then set in the context of him clearly falling behind in the qb competition and I think you have what I would call a complete meltdown. You don't have to be a mind reader to see it either.

  • If this was the Presidential primary season, Anderson would have won the Iowa runoff but lost New Hampshire and got swept on Super Tuesday.

  • Like somehow you have climbed into Derek's head and are reporting back to the rest of us.

    It's great knowing exactly what Derek is feeling at all times.

    Hey zombo that sounds like something lums would post! hehehehehe 😉

    Mangini had a meltdown too and the whole team is sucking and or mangini is in a bad mood because his loverarm is losing the contest in the rest of the worlds eyes and he is going to look stupid and get jeered for naming DA the man...

  • He's coming completley unhinged imo. At the scrimmage he threw a football down and was arguing with the refs so much about a sack rogers had on him they called a penalty and backed the offense up half the distance to the goal. That's very uncharacteristic of him and I think combined with all of the other things we've been hearing and then set in the context of him clearly falling behind in the qb competition and I think you have what I would call a complete meltdown. You don't have to be a mind reader to see it either.

    @clevelandrocks said:

    He's coming completley unhinged imo. At the scrimmage he threw a football down and was arguing with the refs so much about a sack rogers had on him they called a penalty and backed the offense up half the distance to the goal. That's very uncharacteristic of him and I think combined with all of the other things we've been hearing and then set in the context of him clearly falling behind in the qb competition and I think you have what I would call a complete meltdown. You don't have to be a mind reader to see it either.

    I think Quinn will be the starter and have said so from the beginning. This hasn't been about who the best passer is. It has been about who can manage the offense the best and be the best leader on the field. So here's a revelation. If they don't get the running game going and going well, neither QB will be successful.

    This season's success depends on our running game and the defense stopping the opponents running game. No QB will be successful in this system if they can't run the ball. It isn't about 8 men in the box either. It is about guys geting their ass whipped at the line of scrimmage (both sides of the ball).

  • Any clue Zombo or Lum will still post here after Derek is gone?

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Oh how the desperate are grasping at straws now.

    This is truly hilarious. BQ is shitting the bed and still better than DA. I love it.

    Why would you love that??

    I don't get some of you people. It is as if it is more important you win some goofy status on a message board v the team being good.

    Anybody who roots against a Browns player isn't a fan IMO, and this board is full of people who root against one player or the other.

    Two thumbs down.

  • mz. said:

    "Cheeseburgers..."

    Hmmm.... Cheeseburgers vs. Subway??

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    Hmmm.... Cheeseburgers vs. Subway??

    Except Quinn is smart/personable enough to shill.

  • Zombo said:

    Oh, I'll definitely be gone.

    I'm all about Derek.

    My record speaks for itself.

    Zombo

    --who is this tard?

    Like I didn't know, the color of your words was enough for me. But I just wasn't to read it from the "tards" own finger pressings.

  • Zombo has been here since the begining, Im pretty sure he will remain here no matter who the quaterback is.

  • Im just going to burry my head til the season starts.

    @medicineman said:

    Im just going to burry my head til the season starts.

    Try burying it in a big pair of boobs...always makes me feel better.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Oh how the desperate are grasping at straws now.

    This is truly hilarious. BQ is shitting the bed and still better than DA. I love it.

    Why would you love that??

    I don't get some of you people. It is as if it is more important you win some goofy status on a message board v the team being good.

    Anybody who roots against a Browns player isn't a fan IMO, and this board is full of people who root against one player or the other.

    Two thumbs down.

    @ballpeen said:

    Why would you love that??

    I don't get some of you people. It is as if it is more important you win some goofy status on a message board v the team being good.

    Anybody who roots against a Browns player isn't a fan IMO, and this board is full of people who root against one player or the other.

    Two thumbs down.

    As a leading DA-basher, I wouldn't say I "root against him", I'd say that I simply HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE of him being anything other than what he has shown us to be.

    If DA magically turned into a real QB, I'd be just as excited as any other Browns fan.

    But the reality is that he's a backup QB who only got a chance to shine because he was on the same team as Charlie Frye. Only in Cleveland would this sort of ridiculous story line continue for this long.

    There's a reason why some guys are #1 picks and some guys aren't. People have forgotten that very simple fact because we Cleveland fans are so desperate for a real QB that we'll pretend anyone with the ability to throw the football is a real QB.

    Let's get back to reality, shall we? The 6th round journeyman has likely peaked. The first round pick is about to get his chance to succeed or fail.

    THAT is the player we should be cheering for, NOT because his name is Brady Quinn but because HE COST OUR TEAM A FIRST ROUND PICK.

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    Hmmm.... Cheeseburgers vs. Subway??

    Except Quinn is smart/personable enough to shill.

    mz. said:

    Except Quinn is smart/personable enough to shill.

    Let's face it, when it comes to pitchmen, Brady's more like billy Banks, Sally Fields, Fergie, Shatner, Suzanne Sommers, Ricardo Montalban, Fabio.... Anderson's, more like Clara Peller, Bob Dole, the Bartles and James farmer guys, the cranberry ninja fruit guys, Mr. Whipple, and the various Maytag guys...

    All were effective.

  • mz. said:

    Except Quinn is smart/personable enough to shill.

    Let's face it, when it comes to pitchmen, Brady's more like billy Banks, Sally Fields, Fergie, Shatner, Suzanne Sommers, Ricardo Montalban, Fabio.... Anderson's, more like Clara Peller, Bob Dole, the Bartles and James farmer guys, the cranberry ninja fruit guys, Mr. Whipple, and the various Maytag guys...

    All were effective.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    Let's face it, when it comes to pitchmen, Brady's more like billy Banks, Sally Fields, Fergie, Shatner, Suzanne Sommers, Ricardo Montalban, Fabio.... Anderson's, more like Clara Peller, Bob Dole, the Bartles and James farmer guys, the cranberry ninja fruit guys, Mr. Whipple, and the various Maytag guys...

    All were effective.

    Unfortunately for DA, his quarterbacking over the last year-and-a-half has been Bartles and Jamesian.

  • mz. said:

    Except Quinn is smart/personable enough to shill.

    Let's face it, when it comes to pitchmen, Brady's more like billy Banks, Sally Fields, Fergie, Shatner, Suzanne Sommers, Ricardo Montalban, Fabio.... Anderson's, more like Clara Peller, Bob Dole, the Bartles and James farmer guys, the cranberry ninja fruit guys, Mr. Whipple, and the various Maytag guys...

    All were effective.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    Let's face it, when it comes to pitchmen, Brady's more like billy Banks, Sally Fields, Fergie, Shatner, Suzanne Sommers, Ricardo Montalban, Fabio.... Anderson's, more like Clara Peller, Bob Dole, the Bartles and James farmer guys, the cranberry ninja fruit guys, Mr. Whipple, and the various Maytag guys...

    All were effective.

    Except it doesn't seem like Anderson's been terribly "effective" in the past week and a half or so.

    Perhaps Quinn has finally "shaken off the dust/rust" from 2 years of Crennelephant-imposed benchrot and it's putting more pressure (gasp!) on Anderson. But DA seems to handling it beautifully.

  • SUBJECT: Tuesday Practice Updates...

    This is so misleading.. I tune in hoping to hear how the team is responding to their totally innept performance of saturday and instead all I get is the usual Brady Quinn lovefest...

    Come on guys, there are other aspects of the Browns that needs reporting yet all we can muster is Quinn is great and Anderson is melting down......

    This team is more than a QB controversy.... Saturday we sucked in most aspects of the game...

    BTW Steinbach took the morning off because he met some of Mangini's objectives and earned a free pass which he exercised this morning...Hope that doesn't morph into another big buzz here on the board....jeesh

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • SUBJECT: Tuesday Practice Updates...

    This is so misleading.. I tune in hoping to hear how the team is responding to their totally innept performance of saturday and instead all I get is the usual Brady Quinn lovefest...

    Come on guys, there are other aspects of the Browns that needs reporting yet all we can muster is Quinn is great and Anderson is melting down......

    This team is more than a QB controversy.... Saturday we sucked in most aspects of the game...

    BTW Steinbach took the morning off because he met some of Mangini's objectives and earned a free pass which he exercised this morning...Hope that doesn't morph into another big buzz here on the board....jeesh

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    @daddybull1 said:

    SUBJECT: Tuesday Practice Updates...

    This is so misleading.. I tune in hoping to hear how the team is responding to their totally innept performance of saturday and instead all I get is the usual Brady Quinn lovefest...

    Come on guys, there are other aspects of the Browns that needs reporting yet all we can muster is Quinn is great and Anderson is melting down......

    This team is more than a QB controversy.... Saturday we sucked in most aspects of the game...

    BTW Steinbach took the morning off because he met some of Mangini's objectives and earned a free pass which he exercised this morning...Hope that doesn't morph into another big buzz here on the board....jeesh

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    Denial hurts man. You don't want to accept reality, be my guest.