Skip to content

Quarterback Tiers 2021

The Browns Board
3 2 201
  • Here are the Tiers in which possible starting QBs for 2021 sit:

    Tier  1:     Mahomes,   Rodgers,   Wilson,  Brady,  Watson,   Allen

    Tier 2:  Mayfield,  Matt Ryan,  Stafford,  Murray,  Tannehill,  Cousins, Prescott,  Herbert,  Jackson

    Tier  3: Goff,   Carr,  Tua,  Jones,   Darnold,  Garropolo,   Burrow (because he played only a half season),   Ben R., Bridgewater

    Tier  4:  Winston,   Lock,   Trevor Lawrence  (because he has not yet played a down

    QBs Off the Board:   Wentz,  Newton,  Haskins,  Foles,  Trubisky.......because these guys don't really have a team right now.

    Teams Off the Board:   Colts,  Bears,  Patriots,  WTFs (though...maybe Alex Smith still has a year),  HOuston could be here at some point. 

    Your suggestions?

  • Here are the Tiers in which possible starting QBs for 2021 sit:

    Tier  1:     Mahomes,   Rodgers,   Wilson,  Brady,  Watson,   Allen

    Tier 2:  Mayfield,  Matt Ryan,  Stafford,  Murray,  Tannehill,  Cousins, Prescott,  Herbert,  Jackson

    Tier  3: Goff,   Carr,  Tua,  Jones,   Darnold,  Garropolo,   Burrow (because he played only a half season),   Ben R., Bridgewater

    Tier  4:  Winston,   Lock,   Trevor Lawrence  (because he has not yet played a down

    QBs Off the Board:   Wentz,  Newton,  Haskins,  Foles,  Trubisky.......because these guys don't really have a team right now.

    Teams Off the Board:   Colts,  Bears,  Patriots,  WTFs (though...maybe Alex Smith still has a year),  HOuston could be here at some point. 

    Your suggestions?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are the Tiers in which possible starting QBs for 2021 sit:

    Tier  1:     Mahomes,   Rodgers,   Wilson,  Brady,  Watson,   Allen

    Tier 2:  Mayfield,  Matt Ryan,  Stafford,  Murray,  Tannehill,  Cousins, Prescott,  Herbert,  Jackson

    Tier  3: Goff,   Carr,  Tua,  Jones,   Darnold,  Garropolo,   Burrow (because he played only a half season),   Ben R., Bridgewater

    Tier  4:  Winston,   Lock,   Trevor Lawrence  (because he has not yet played a down

    QBs Off the Board:   Wentz,  Newton,  Haskins,  Foles,  Trubisky.......because these guys don't really have a team right now.

    Teams Off the Board:   Colts,  Bears,  Patriots,  WTFs (though...maybe Alex Smith still has a year),  HOuston could be here at some point. 

    Your suggestions?

    Pretty close IMO.

    Not a huge Allen fan.  He had nice numbers this year.  The Bills were a big story.   I’d want to see him solve his accuracy issues over the course a couple season before I put him up there.

    Matt Ryan has fallen too. 
     

    Overall Between Tier 1 and Tier 2 there is a gap in production and talent level.  Tiers 2 and 3 are much closer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here are the Tiers in which possible starting QBs for 2021 sit:

    Tier  1:     Mahomes,   Rodgers,   Wilson,  Brady,  Watson,   Allen

    Tier 2:  Mayfield,  Matt Ryan,  Stafford,  Murray,  Tannehill,  Cousins, Prescott,  Herbert,  Jackson

    Tier  3: Goff,   Carr,  Tua,  Jones,   Darnold,  Garropolo,   Burrow (because he played only a half season),   Ben R., Bridgewater

    Tier  4:  Winston,   Lock,   Trevor Lawrence  (because he has not yet played a down

    QBs Off the Board:   Wentz,  Newton,  Haskins,  Foles,  Trubisky.......because these guys don't really have a team right now.

    Teams Off the Board:   Colts,  Bears,  Patriots,  WTFs (though...maybe Alex Smith still has a year),  HOuston could be here at some point. 

    Your suggestions?

    Pretty close IMO.

    Not a huge Allen fan.  He had nice numbers this year.  The Bills were a big story.   I’d want to see him solve his accuracy issues over the course a couple season before I put him up there.

    Matt Ryan has fallen too. 
     

    Overall Between Tier 1 and Tier 2 there is a gap in production and talent level.  Tiers 2 and 3 are much closer.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Pretty close IMO.

    Not a huge Allen fan.  He had nice numbers this year.  The Bills were a big story.   I’d want to see him solve his accuracy issues over the course a couple season before I put him up there.

    Matt Ryan has fallen too. 
     

    Overall Between Tier 1 and Tier 2 there is a gap in production and talent level.  Tiers 2 and 3 are much closer.

    Allen was the one that I went back and forth on.  I did originally have him in Tier 2 but then stepped him up to Tier  One.  Maybe I just fell for the hype.   On Matt Ryan....his team certainly has fallen....whether he has or not, I am not certain.   So I kept him there.