Skip to content

Poet's Post

The Browns Board
13 8 328 1
  • Somebody needs to get Phil Dawson. Now's the time. Brady is winning Superbowls at 43. 

    Dawson is 46... Dawson announced his retirement after 21 seasons on August 1, 2019, after signing a one-day ceremonial contract with the Browns to retire as a member of the team. After Dawson’s retirement.

    Didn't Otto come back for another season when Brown asked him to? 

    I imagine, field goals are akin to golf for gridiron greats... a light round of putt putt, hut-hut- HIKE! 

  • Missed you guys too. It's been a strange year I guess. 

  • Where have you gone, Kevin Hogan, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you, ooh ooh ooh. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Where have you gone, Kevin Hogan, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you, ooh ooh ooh. 

    Seen ol' Colt choppin it up out there last year. Life's crazy lol. 

  • PoeticG  Good post G.. Good to see ya back !  More good seasons ahead..

  • More than a little excited about a JJ Watt/Garrett...(holding out hope that we can add Olivia Vernon's name back here soon.

    Well, let's hope, if he comes back he doesn't actually play like he is Olivia Vernon. 

  • Somebody needs to get Phil Dawson. Now's the time. Brady is winning Superbowls at 43. 

    Dawson is 46... Dawson announced his retirement after 21 seasons on August 1, 2019, after signing a one-day ceremonial contract with the Browns to retire as a member of the team. After Dawson’s retirement.

    Didn't Otto come back for another season when Brown asked him to? 

    I imagine, field goals are akin to golf for gridiron greats... a light round of putt putt, hut-hut- HIKE! 

    @poeticg said:

    Didn't Otto come back for another season when Brown asked him to? 

    Yes. He was going to retire after the 1954 season, which concluded with him finally beating the Lions in the NFL Championship Game (after losing two close title games to them in '52 and '53). Brown talked him into coming back for the '55 season, which ended with Graham winning another title, this time vs the Rams. When he came off the field at the end of the game, the Rams fans in Los Angeles gave him a standing ovation. 

  • Missed you guys too. It's been a strange year I guess. 

    @poeticg said:

    Missed you guys too. It's been a strange year I guess. 

    ya it all started about a year ago with covid  then of course the riots here in portland and the only thing that slowed them were the wild fires smoke so thick you could not go outside and now a historic ice storm looks like a tornado blew there here 

    but hey good things to come on the horizon

  • Nice post PoG... I'm excited for a Watt/Garrett pairing.. I think they would take a lot of pressure off of each other and Watt can be a leader in the lockeroom like Landry is to the WR room... My only issue with Kev is he takes the foot off the gas too soon in games... Let's hope its a year one learning adjustment...

  • @poeticg said:

    Missed you guys too. It's been a strange year I guess. 

    ya it all started about a year ago with covid  then of course the riots here in portland and the only thing that slowed them were the wild fires smoke so thick you could not go outside and now a historic ice storm looks like a tornado blew there here 

    but hey good things to come on the horizon

    @atom said:

    ya it all started about a year ago with covid  then of course the riots here in portland and the only thing that slowed them were the wild fires smoke so thick you could not go outside and now a historic ice storm looks like a tornado blew there here 

    Feels like you skipped a major event... 😳

  • @atom said:

    ya it all started about a year ago with covid  then of course the riots here in portland and the only thing that slowed them were the wild fires smoke so thick you could not go outside and now a historic ice storm looks like a tornado blew there here 

    Feels like you skipped a major event... 😳

    @tour2ma said:

    Feels like you skipped a major event... 😳

    oh shit THE BROWNIES made the Playoffs the only silver lining 

  • I remember thinking, during this very positive season, that 'I hope everyone is enjoying this.  Everyone who's suffered through a quarter century of being a laughing stock.  Everyone who regularly posts on Browns boards.'   And I thought some more, 'I haven't seen Po.  He's usually such a positive passionate supporter of all things Browns.  - Hope he's ok and enjoying'.  And I hadn't seen ballpeen, but he turned out to be around.  -  Nobody's allowed to check out before we all get our ring.